• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This is why Trump can't Hire Quality People in The White House

Cigar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Top Justice Department Lawyer Explains Why She Quit Her job

Trying to hold companies to standards that our current administration is not living up to was creating a cognitive dissonance that I could not overcome.

A top Justice Department corporate crime expert has quit, saying it’s impossible to hold suspected lawbreakers to standards that President Donald Trump is not meeting himself.

Hui Chen, who was the compliance counsel in the fraud unit of DOJ’s criminal division, discussed her reasons for quitting in a LinkedIn post published June 25. She wrote that it was impossible to sit across from corporate representatives and demand a basic standard of behavior that is not being enforced in the White House.

Trying to hold companies to standards that our current administration is not living up to was creating a cognitive dissonance that I could not overcome,” Chen wrote in her post, which was first reported by the International Business Times.

Even as I engaged in... questioning and evaluations, on my mind were the numerous lawsuits pending against the President of the United States for everything from violations of the Constitution to conflict of interest, the ongoing investigations of potentially treasonous conducts, and the investigators and prosecutors fired for their pursuits of principles and facts,” she wrote. “Those are conducts I would not tolerate seeing in a company, yet I worked under an administration that engaged in exactly those [conducts]. I wanted no more part in it.”

Justice Official Quits Over White House Conduct 'I Would Not Tolerate Seeing In A Company' | HuffPost

People are just riding this Administration out until it's gone or in jail. :2razz:

Trump didn't hire her.

She held this position from November 2015 - June 2017. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mission-matters-hui-chen

Moreover, she was active against Trump's election long before this resignation:

https://twitter.com/HuiChenEthics?r...hen-quits-justice_us_5959be5ce4b0da2c732455c9

The contracted compliance counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, Hui Chen, has been posting anti-Trump messages on her Twitter account. Labor and employment attorney says the law is continuing to evolve about this sort of activity.
Protected Speech DOJ Compliance Expert Tweets Anti-Trump Messages | Corporate Counsel

Who cares? :shrug:

Last edited:
I guess we don't have to wonder why someone like The Donald keeps making the same idiotic mistakes

Trying to hold companies to standards that our current administration is not living up to was creating a cognitive dissonance that I could not overcome.

A top Justice Department corporate crime expert has quit, saying it’s impossible to hold suspected lawbreakers to standards that President Donald Trump is not meeting himself.

Hui Chen, who was the compliance counsel in the fraud unit of DOJ’s criminal division, discussed her reasons for quitting in a LinkedIn post published June 25. She wrote that it was impossible to sit across from corporate representatives and demand a basic standard of behavior that is not being enforced in the White House.

Trying to hold companies to standards that our current administration is not living up to was creating a cognitive dissonance that I could not overcome,” Chen wrote in her post, which was first reported by the International Business Times.

Even as I engaged in... questioning and evaluations, on my mind were the numerous lawsuits pending against the President of the United States for everything from violations of the Constitution to conflict of interest, the ongoing investigations of potentially treasonous conducts, and the investigators and prosecutors fired for their pursuits of principles and facts,” she wrote. “Those are conducts I would not tolerate seeing in a company, yet I worked under an administration that engaged in exactly those [conducts]. I wanted no more part in it.”

Justice Official Quits Over White House Conduct 'I Would Not Tolerate Seeing In A Company' | HuffPost

People are just riding this Administration out until it's gone or in jail. :2razz:

And who would you call quality people, liberals?

Interesting that she did not find any problems with the most corrupt administration to ever occupy the White House.

Did she make any statement regarding the illegal server in Hillary's basement?

Interesting that she did not find any problems with the most corrupt administration to ever occupy the White House.

Did she make any statement regarding the illegal server in Hillary's basement?

The server wasn't illegal...so no statement was necessary.

Trump does not believe in loyalty down is the reason for the OP.

He is a narcissistic personality disorder with a very ill sociopathology.

I believe someone already made a thread about this in some other section.

If I remember correctly Miss Chen is very agenda driven, and quit to pursue that agenda which she couldn't do under the current administration and with such lack of support in her department.

Final note, if you don't want to be a partisan hack don't read Huffpo. That's almost as bad as reading Breitbart, coming from someone who used to read Breitbart... dirty days.

I cannot blame good people for not wanting to work for his assclown. Why enable someone to destroy important American institutions and do harm to the nation and its people?

One small part of the swamp now gone.

The server wasn't illegal...so no statement was necessary.

According to reporting from NBC on an audit performed by the Department of State, she violated the Federal Records Acts with by her actions made possible by the Illegal server.

You may not be able to understand this because it was an actual, real world occurrence,

it involves and actual, real world crime,

it involves the breaking of an actual, real world law currently on the books

and the whole thing is properly attributed to an actual, real world person with a real name in the real world.

None of these things needs be present, apparently, for you and the Democrat loyalists to believe a news story to be true.

In addition to that, she also lied to the American people and entered into a conspiracy to do the crimes and a cover up in the first place.

Clinton Broke Federal Rules With Email Server, Audit Finds - NBC News

“At a minimum, Secretary Clinton should have surrendered all emails dealing with Department issues before leaving government service,” says an audit by the State Department Inspector General, obtained by NBC News.

“Because she did not do so, she did not comply with the [State] Department’s policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

Hillary Clinton's shrinking email defense - CNN.com

According to reporting from NBC on an audit performed by the Department of State, she violated the Federal Records Acts with by her actions made possible by the Illegal server.

You may not be able to understand this because it was an actual, real world occurrence,

it involves and actual, real world crime,

it involves the breaking of an actual, real world law currently on the books

and the whole thing is properly attributed to an actual, real world person with a real name in the real world.

None of these things needs be present, apparently, for you and the Democrat loyalists to believe a news story to be true.

In addition to that, she also lied to the American people and entered into a conspiracy to do the crimes and a cover up in the first place.

Clinton Broke Federal Rules With Email Server, Audit Finds - NBC News

“At a minimum, Secretary Clinton should have surrendered all emails dealing with Department issues before leaving government service,” says an audit by the State Department Inspector General, obtained by NBC News.

“Because she did not do so, she did not comply with the [State] Department’s policies that were implemented in accordance with the Federal Records Act."

Hillary Clinton's shrinking email defense - CNN.com

According to NARA and the State Department guidelines...State Department employees were allowed to have and maintain their own email accounts....and to decide what records were business related for archiving and what is personal for deletion. Clinton followed those guidelines and over 90% of her business related emails were electronically archived on the State Department server before she left her job. After she received the State Department letter requesting printed copies of her business related emails....she had her lawyers go through all her emails on her private server and separate the business related emails and print them out as per State Department request and to delete her personal emails as per the guidelines listed in the link below.

As a supplement to existing policy, and consistent with the policy in place
since 2009, it is important to capture electronically the e-mail accounts of the
senior officials listed in Tab 1 as they depart their positions. Instructions for senior
officials are provided (see Tab 3).

• At no time during designated senior officials' tenure will their e-mail
accounts be cleared, deleted, or wiped for any reason.

• While senior officials may delete personal e-mails, they should be aware
that the definition of a personal e-mail is very narrow. The only e-mails
that are personal are those that do not relate to or affect the transaction of
Government business.

• As a general matter, to ensure a complete record of their activities, senior
officials should not use their private e-mail accounts (e.g., Gmail) for
official business. If a senior official uses his or her private e-mail
account for the conduct of official business, she or he must ensure that
records pertaining to official business that are sent from or received on
such e-mail account are captured and maintained. The best way to ensure
this is to forward incoming e-mails received on a private account to the
senior official's State account and copy outgoing messages to their State
account.

5 FAM 443.2

b. The intention of this guidance Is not to require the preservation of every E-mail
message.
Its purpose is to direct the preservation of those messages that
contain information that Is necessary to ensure that departmental policies,
programs, and activities are adequately documented. E-mail message creators
and recipients must decide whether a particular message is appropriate for
preservation In making these decisions, all personnel should exercise the
same judgment they use when determining whether to retain and file paper
records.

https://www.archives.gov/files/foia...f/15-various-responses-6-17-2013-redacted.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/foia/state-department-emails

I cannot blame good people for not wanting to work for his assclown. Why enable someone to destroy important American institutions and do harm to the nation and its people?

We on the right love it that Trump has wiped Obama off the political map. Obama's legacy is all gone except his foreign policy failures and his failed Obamacare. Talk about Obama the assclown of failure.

Anyone with sense wouldn't want to be associated with such an administration, that shows such a disdain for Truth and decency.

Including his strongest supporters, why is it that no one really seems to spell out the fact that with Trump's behavior, he quite frankly is pro-Russian. But none of the Republican leaders seem to care. So what is going on here? What can Congress and the American people if, theoretically speaking, this president and/or his associates give the Russians classified information?

According to NARA and the State Department guidelines...State Department employees were allowed to have and maintain their own email accounts....and to decide what records were business related for archiving and what is personal for deletion. Clinton followed those guidelines and over 90% of her business related emails were electronically archived on the State Department server before she left her job. After she received the State Department letter requesting printed copies of her business related emails....she had her lawyers go through all her emails on her private server and separate the business related emails and print them out as per State Department request and to delete her personal emails as per the guidelines listed in the link below.

As a supplement to existing policy, and consistent with the policy in place
since 2009, it is important to capture electronically the e-mail accounts of the
senior officials listed in Tab 1 as they depart their positions. Instructions for senior
officials are provided (see Tab 3).

• At no time during designated senior officials' tenure will their e-mail
accounts be cleared, deleted, or wiped for any reason.

• While senior officials may delete personal e-mails, they should be aware
that the definition of a personal e-mail is very narrow. The only e-mails
that are personal are those that do not relate to or affect the transaction of
Government business.

• As a general matter, to ensure a complete record of their activities, senior
officials should not use their private e-mail accounts (e.g., Gmail) for
official business. If a senior official uses his or her private e-mail
account for the conduct of official business, she or he must ensure that
records pertaining to official business that are sent from or received on
such e-mail account are captured and maintained. The best way to ensure
this is to forward incoming e-mails received on a private account to the
senior official's State account and copy outgoing messages to their State
account.

5 FAM 443.2

b. The intention of this guidance Is not to require the preservation of every E-mail
message.
Its purpose is to direct the preservation of those messages that
contain information that Is necessary to ensure that departmental policies,
programs, and activities are adequately documented. E-mail message creators
and recipients must decide whether a particular message is appropriate for
preservation In making these decisions, all personnel should exercise the
same judgment they use when determining whether to retain and file paper
records.

https://www.archives.gov/files/foia...f/15-various-responses-6-17-2013-redacted.pdf

https://www.archives.gov/foia/state-department-emails

So, what is your post exonerates Mrs. Clinton from criminality?

Did you see this happening when Bush was President?

See what? As far as I can tell, the huge majority of people working for Trump are quality people. He has trouble filling many positions because of the obstructionist resistance in the Senate. So what if a bunch of lefty holdovers from the Obama administration are quitting. I hope the door doesn't hit them in the ass on the way out. Good riddance. Many of them are the leakers who can't stand the fact that Trump won the election. They are part of the swamp.

See what? As far as I can tell, the huge majority of people working for Trump are quality people. He has trouble filling many positions because of the obstructionist resistance in the Senate. So what if a bunch of lefty holdovers from the Obama administration are quitting. I hope the door doesn't hit them in the ass on the way out. Good riddance. Many of them are the leakers who can't stand the fact that Trump won the election. They are part of the swamp.

You didn't see quality people quitting under Bush. The head of the ethics office quit, and in the greatest metaphor of all, the Science division of the White House is now completely unstated.

Science division of White House office no longer staffed: report | TheHill

But who needs science? Science is a hoax anyway.

I guess we don't have to wonder why someone like The Donald keeps making the same idiotic mistakes

how is this proof that Trump made mistakes when a democrat hack resigns from a position that was given to her by a Democrat?

So, what is your post exonerates Mrs. Clinton from criminality?

Well, since she didn't break any laws....there's nothing to charge her with. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom