• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Zimmerman case disintegrates

longknife

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
By: John Hayward, 5/21/2012 12:57 PM

The release of evidence in George Zimmerman’s murder trial quickly made a mockery of his second-degree murder charges, and threw a further layer of shame upon media and political opportunists who misrepresented a tragic, but fairly straightforward, case of lethal force employed in self-defense

Read more @ The Zimmerman case disintegrates | Conservative News, Views & Books

As I've posted before, he'll go free and some blacks will riot.

They generally don't destroy McDonald's.

I suspect if it were simple, it wouldn't be controversial.

Not sure that we needed another thread just to post yet another blogger with a blog. But then again, no one asked me did they?
But, it's nice to know that there's a blogger out there who has an opinion.

I suspect if it were simple, it wouldn't be controversial.

Not sure that we needed another thread just to post yet another blogger with a blog. But then again, no one asked me did they?
But, it's nice to know that there's a blogger out there who has an opinion.

It is simple. The yammering against Zimmerman is nothing but bigotry and hatred because of the picture and race of the victim, period.

This sums it up well...

It’s difficult to see how any of that might convince a jury to hand down a “guilty” verdict to Murder Two charges. How does that “stay in your car” principle work? Do you have to stay in your car when you see anyone acting suspiciously in your neighborhood, or do the age, sex, and racial background of the subject matter? Does everyone have to stay in their cars, or only members of certain age, sex, and racial groups?

Or is it simpler for the law to assert that beating someone into the ground and administering an MMA-style thrashing is wrong, even if they looked at you funny?
- The Zimmerman case disintegrates | Conservative News, Views & Books

Wow, a blog article from last May. How persuasive.

The case against Zimm hasn't disintegrated, it's alive and well. Corey's aim is not murder-2, it's manslaughter.

Wow, a blog article from last May. How persuasive.

The case against Zimm hasn't disintegrated, it's alive and well. Corey's aim is not murder-2, it's manslaughter.

Are you kidding me? The "intent" of the state, by trumping local DA justice, was to avoid race riots spurred by insane press allegations of "racial profiling", thus they took over and overcharged to give the appearnce of taking "appropriate" action. You, being a legal genius, now boldly state that this intentional overcharging, with absolutely no charges on federal civil rights violation, was simply to get a conviction on a lesser included offense, based on just what? This case was based ONLY on public outrage resulting from media pressure, thus endless trial delays are used (and accepted by the state) to avoid a "speedy trial", in hopes that a late acquittal (after a "fair" trial) will not cause race riots.

Are you kidding me? The "intent" of the state, by trumping local DA justice, was to avoid race riots spurred by insane press allegations of "racial profiling", thus they took over and overcharged to give the appearnce of taking "appropriate" action. You, being a legal genius, now boldly state that this intentional overcharging, with absolutely no charges on federal civil rights violation, was simply to get a conviction on a lesser included offense, based on just what? This case was based ONLY on public outrage resulting from media pressure, thus endless trial delays are used (and accepted by the state) to avoid a "speedy trial", in hopes that a late acquittal (after a "fair" trial) will not cause race riots.

No. This case was spurred on by an inadequate investigation by the SPD. If there were eyewitnesses backing up Zimms version of events it would never have happened. The fact is several parts of Zimms story don't pass scrutiny, as evidenced by investigator opinions at the time. I have been active on the Zimm topic for some time and although I was originally a Zimm supporter my faith in him and his version of events has changed my mind to "let a jury decide".

It is simple. The yammering against Zimmerman is nothing but bigotry and hatred because of the picture and race of the victim, period.
Try repeating that again a few more times.
I'll see if the power of mere assertion is any more persuasive the one thousand and first time.

Try repeating that again a few more times.
I'll see if the power of mere assertion is any more persuasive the one thousand and first time.

The truth hurts and bears repeating.

I believe this thread should have been made in the Zimmerman sub.
C'est la vie!
I suppose it will be move eventually.

No. This case was spurred on by an inadequate investigation by the SPD.
Wrong!
There was nothing wrong with the original investigation. It was not inadequate.
If anything can said to be wrong back then, it surely wasn't the investigation, but the non-cooperation the investigation received from Trayvon's family and friends.
And the pressure to charge when there was no reason to.

The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two other officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.
Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

If there were eyewitnesses backing up Zimms version of events it would never have happened. The fact is several parts of Zimms story don't pass scrutiny, as evidenced by investigator opinions at the time.
Every eyewitness to the event is consistent with his account. You would not get that consistency had he been lying.

You saying that several parts of Zimmerman's account do not pass scrutiny is a fabrication of your imagination. As the investigatory comments made where just that, for investigatory purposes.
The comments outside of that limited scope tells a different story.
Such as:
"The best evidence we have is the testimony of George Zimmerman, and he says the decedent was the primary aggressor in the whole event," Serino told the Sentinel March 16. "Everything I have is adding up to what he says."
Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin's family asks for Department of Justice review of State Attorney and police chief - Orlando Sentinel
But a few folks here chose to ignore the above and go with what his comments made for investigatory purposes.

Or they may choose to take notice of the request for Capias but ignore why it was filed, even though we all have been informed that it was a procedural filing so the DA could take over the investigation.
But they want to ignore that too, even though Serino has said he didn't think there was enough evidence to charge him.
As evidence by the above statement made after the filing.

Made after the filing, and they still don't get it. :doh

Mere assertion wasn't persuasive this time either. Try it again. Let's see it the results will be different.

It's the truth. Does not matter how many times I repeat it. Since this forum allows me to speak what I like for the most part, you just have to deal with it. I don't care about the "results" I care about the truth of the situation. That truth is the only reason Zimmerman was charged was because of the 1 younger picture of Martin and the fact that he was black, period.

Ask me again and I will tell you the same.

This actually would make a lot of sense if there were smart people in the justice system. Any intelligent person would realize that this would probably be the way to go for the safety of the Zimmermans and for society as a whole. I just hope Zimmerman sues the ever living crap out of the state and media outlets that fed the fire or racial tension. Certainly, if this case has had to be drug out much longer for this reason, he is entitled to some sort of compensation if he is found innocent.

It's the truth. Does not matter how many times I repeat it. Since this forum allows me to speak what I like for the most part, you just have to deal with it. I don't care about the "results" I care about the truth of the situation. That truth is the only reason Zimmerman was charged was because of the 1 younger picture of Martin and the fact that he was black, period.
Ask me again and I will tell you the same.
I believe that you would.
When all you have is a hammer...

Simon.. Read this, please. You're smart.

RED YANKEE PRESS

Oh no! Not an opinion piece from the blog-sphere!

Now we have gone full blown conspiracy theory, hehehe.

I did try to read it. After the first 3 paragraphs I just laughed and gave up.

Oh no! Not an opinion piece from the blog-sphere!

Now we have gone full blown conspiracy theory, hehehe.

I did try to read it. After the first 3 paragraphs I just laughed and gave up.

That would be expected.

That would be expected.

Given your openly declaring you hate truth on this case via your false avatar you have now posted over 8,000 times, we all have long known truth on the matter is intolerable to you by your messages.

That would be expected.

Well when you post nonsense conspiracy theory's, yes Sharon, it is to be expected. If you want your articles to be taken seriously, then get serious articles.

Given your openly declaring you hate truth on this case via your false avatar you have now posted over 8,000 times, we all have long known truth on the matter is intolerable to you by your messages.

Back
Top Bottom