• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Walking Dead Season Premier 2016

Captain Adverse

Classical Liberal Sage
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is the most incredibly brutal episode I have yet seen. :notlook:

Worse than the Governor. Worse than Terminus.

I'm not sure I want to continue watching the series to be honest.

My only motivation would be to see how, and how long it takes for them, to take this guy out. :unsure13:

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited:

My only motivation would be to see how, and how long it takes for them, to take this guy out. :unsure13:

Thoughts, anyone?

I just finished season six. We dont get it on TV here so i gotta wait for video.

Thoughts, anyone?

Oh Lord. That premiere was ****ing brutal. Negan scared the absolute **** out of me. The Saviors have done their part in showing how much of a giant threat they are.

I felt so bad for everyone, especially Rick.

Last edited:
Absolutely crazy! Can't believe what I saw tonight. Brutal doesn't seem to do it justice.

Absolutely crazy! Can't believe what I saw tonight. Brutal doesn't seem to do it justice.

Yeah. The word brutal isn't enough to describe this episode. I was just so stressed out watching this premiere.

From the bottom of my heart, **** Negan.

Yeah. The word brutal isn't enough to describe this episode. I was just so stressed out watching this premiere.

From the bottom of my heart, **** Negan.

HAHA yeah . .. reading all the rumors on line I felt pretty confident who was going to get it and I was right. (I'm sure many were) that didn't make it any less brutal but it did take some of the edge off. I also read a little bit ahead in the comics every season to give me ideas and that helps too. Of course they don't follow the comics 100% but it at leasts gives me ideas and a foundation to work with.

HAHA yeah . .. reading all the rumors on line I felt pretty confident who was going to get it and I was right. (I'm sure many were) that didn't make it any less brutal but it did take some of the edge off. I also read a little bit ahead in the comics every season to give me ideas and that helps too. Of course they don't follow the comics 100% but it at leasts gives me ideas and a foundation to work with.

I already knew who was gonna get the bat(or Lucille'd), since I was actively looking for spoilers because I was so pissed off by the ****ty cliffhanger from last season's finale. But even knowing who was gonna die beforehand, just watching it on-screen hit me pretty damn hard.

I already knew who was gonna get the bat(or Lucille'd), since I was actively looking for spoilers because I was so pissed off by the ****ty cliffhanger from last season's finale. But even knowing who was gonna die beforehand, just watching it on-screen hit me pretty damn hard.

Agreed

Yeah, it was pretty brutal. I was disappointed that...
Abraham just stayed on his knees and let Negan pound his head in. He was one of the baddest badasses. I think he would have been all over Negan as soon as he realized he was "it". That wouldn't have saved him but he would have gotten a couple good licks in before Lucille connected. I considered him for getting the bat but figured it would Glenn - never thought it would be both.

Tough episode to watch. Seriously horrible.

All I can say is wow.. My wife and I wanted to jump through the screen.. AARRGGHH. D
oes anyone know what Glenn said to Maggie? It sounded like "I'll be waiting for you"..

Tim-

Thoughts, anyone?
\

I saw an update/refresher TV show that got you updated on all the series up till this one.

I do not think I want to see any more of them.

I think the next season DVD I buy will be TEEN TITANS GO. I have become rather fond of them since I mistakenly brought them up one morning.
So much of the stuff written is not for kids, but still pretty funny for adults.

No, I think I am done with the gratuitous violence of the Walking Dead.

You can't blink without one of the main characters getting wasted very second or third episode.

All I can say is wow.. My wife and I wanted to jump through the screen.. AARRGGHH. D
oes anyone know what Glenn said to Maggie? It sounded like "I'll be waiting for you"..

Tim-

I'll be looking for you I think. As in, in the next world.

Thoughts, anyone?

Yeah... I called Abe last season (his story arc really had no where else to go, and he was actually already dead at this point in the comics - he took the arrow through the eye instead of the fat girl), but Glen was a genuine surprise. I wasn't expecting that.

I think Negan will be a much more dangerous opponent than the Gov. The Gov was a wildly unstable and rashly impulsive sociopath. Negan is a more traditional psychopath. He's got a sadistic streak to be sure, but it's extraordinarily cool, calculated, and composed in how he enacts it.

He's like the mob. He wants you to work for him. He just needs to thoroughly "break" you first.

Last edited:

Tim-

I'll be looking for you I think. As in, in the next world.

Sounded like "I'll find you," to me.

But yeah, definitely talking about the afterlife.

Yeah, Nagen's a dick, but he's not bulletproof.

The only real motivation I have now for watch is to see if they can put him feet-first through a woodchipper.

The only real motivation I have now for watch is to see if they can put him feet-first through a woodchipper.

I gotta believe that Carol will play a big role when that happens..

Tim-

All according to the writer's plan. Endear the characters to the fans, and then snuff them, in this case in a very senseless way.

Having read the comic book years ago I knew what was going to happen and...

Negan doesnt die in the comic book, Rick spares his life.

Hmmm... given that they've taken some substantial liberties with the original plot line, I'm not sure of anything.

Yeah, it was pretty brutal. I was disappointed that...
Abraham just stayed on his knees and let Negan pound his head in. He was one of the baddest badasses. I think he would have been all over Negan as soon as he realized he was "it". That wouldn't have saved him but he would have gotten a couple good licks in before Lucille connected. I considered him for getting the bat but figured it would Glenn - never thought it would be both.

He had no choice given that Negan said they'd cut Carl's other eye if anyone moved.

So it looks like Daryl took Carl's place with Negan. Also the threat to cut off Carl's hand was a nod to Ricks hand and the teasing about a right hand man. I expected Rick to lose his hand in the motor home. I think we are going into uncharted territory now.

So twice I've made a pasta dish and for dinner for a Walking Dead season premier and twice it turned out to be a bad idea. Won't do that again.

It was brutal. I thought the baseball bat scene in the Untouchables was bad but this was much worse. Damn.

So twice I've made a pasta dish and for dinner for a Walking Dead season premier and twice it turned out to be a bad idea. Won't do that again.

It was brutal. I thought the baseball bat scene in the Untouchables was bad but this was much worse. Damn.

We always eat those short hot-dogs since they are like cut up fingers.

So twice I've made a pasta dish and for dinner for a Walking Dead season premier and twice it turned out to be a bad idea.

:lamo With tomato sauce? ;)

He had no choice given that Negan said they'd cut Carl's other eye if anyone moved.

True, but
Abraham being Abraham and him knowing he was doomed anyway,
I'm not sure that would have stopped him.

Back
Top Bottom