• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Stupidity of AR-15 Bans

A handgun would work better in a crowd or closed space, one in each hand. You don't really have to aim. You would be reloading before people had started to react.

Great idea. When you reload you put one handgun in your holster while reloading the other one, than holster the reloaded one and reload the other one. In the meantime 5 people have tackled you.

Last edited:
Great idea. When you reload you put one handgun in your holster while reloading the other one, than holster the reloaded one and reload the other one. In the meantime 5 people have tackled you.

Of course there is no other way to do it. you are right.

Ever reload a semi-auto handgun?

If you wanted to kill as many people as you could at one time in a crowd or closed space, what weapon would you pick? Would that weapon have similar features?

an airplane loaded with fuel or a bomb.

my splits for reloading a handgun are about one second. people who are untrained and have been in a kill zone but not yet hit, are generally unable to react to an empty weapon and charge the shooter in less than 4 or 5 seconds

Of course there is no other way to do it. you are right.

Ever reload a semi-auto handgun?

Yes. It is much easier to have only one handgun and reload it than it is to have two and to reload them both.

Well, if we go with recent mass murder history, the top five choices would be, in this order:

1. An airplane.

2. A bomb.

3. Illegal machine guns and grenades.

4. A truck.

5. A Ruger Mini-14.

For clarity, I did mean weapon as in gun. Anyway, only #5 would work in American mass shootings. It's AWs and semi-auto handguns with high-capacity mags. And AWs are on the rise.

For clarity, I did mean weapon as in gun. Anyway, only #5 would work in American mass shootings. It's AWs and semi-auto handguns with high-capacity mags. And AWs are on the rise.

What exactly is a high capacity magazine?

BTW #3 would work too, in an American mass shooting.

A handgun would work better in a crowd or closed space, one in each hand. You don't really have to aim. You would be reloading before people had started to react.

Propane tank could be used as an explosive.

Gasoline and a flammable adhesive.

As I have mentioned before guns are just a tool. If all you do is remove one tool there are more that can do the same job.

I was not clear as by weapon I meant choice of gun. That was implied by my using the term "similar features". BTW, that would be quite a skill to reload handguns with one in each hand. A bit cumbersome/clumsy, perhaps.

Any magazine capacity larger than (the 7 to 10 rounds which?) gun banners wish to allow you to have.

Most of what they call "high capacity magazines" are really just "standard capacity magazines." A Glock 21 which is .45 ACP comes with 12 round magazines so those are the standard magazines you get when you buy the gun. A 9mm Beretta comes with 17 round magazines so those are the standard magazines you get when you buy that gun.

In order for a magazine to be high capacity, which they do make, it would have to hold more rounds than the standard magazines that the guns regularly come with.

I was not clear as by weapon I meant choice of gun. That was implied by my using the term "similar features". BTW, that would be quite a skill to reload handguns with one in each hand. A bit cumbersome/clumsy, perhaps.

There are hip loaders for hands free, or you could switch to one hand gun all depends on the person. Why would you limit the type of weapon? Someone who is crazy enough to kill 20 people would not be limited in the same way.

an airplane loaded with fuel or a bomb.

You, as with others, did not get that I was talking about weapons as in "guns". So I have now made myself clear. I thought that my using the term "similar features" as in those features similar to the gun features listed in the post would suffice. By popular reply, it did not suffice.

Most of what they call "high capacity magazines" are really just "standard capacity magazines." A Glock 21 which is .45 ACP comes with 12 round magazines so those are the standard magazines you get when you buy the gun. A 9mm Beretta comes with 17 round magazines so those are the standard magazines you get when you buy that gun.

In order for a magazine to be high capacity, which they do make, it would have to hold more rounds than the standard magazines that the guns regularly come with.

That, of course, is not how magazine capacity limit laws are worded.

the next amount that the bannerrhoid movement wants to make illegal. It has no basis on reality or logic

You, as with others, did not get that I was talking about weapons as in "guns". So I have now made myself clear. I thought that my using the term "similar features" as in those features similar to the gun features listed in the post would suffice. By popular reply, it did not suffice.

any repeating firearm/ What people like you don't understand is heat build up in firearms. If you really want to create as many casualties as possible when dealing with defenseless victims in an enclosed space, a pump or semi auto shotgun loaded with buckshot and a cylinder choked barrel will allow the highest number.

That is above my pay grade.

the federal government doesn't have the proper power to ban magazines nor criminalize those who currently own them. There is not even a rational reason for such a law

Insist on easier access to organized militia for the purpose of becoming more well regulated and not having anything to complain about regarding keeping and bearing Arms for your State or the Union.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

the federal government doesn't have the proper power to ban magazines nor criminalize those who currently own them. There is not even a rational reason for such a law

It was done once so it will be attempted again at both the state and federal government level.

Magazines with a capacity of over 10 rounds. California has that limit, for example.

Again, my intent with choice of weapon would be that of a legal gun, however obtained.

Back
Top Bottom