• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Rich are Robbing the Poor Blind

I'll reply with 2 points:
First, it's meaningless, unless you are contending that the gap between the rich and poor is actually decreasing.

Second, Warren Buffett says that he pays a lesser percent in taxes than his secretary. Are you accusing him of lying?

I was saying that if top.earners pay 84% of taxes but get 84% of income then its a null point.

Has you Medicare been cut? If so, by how much?

Did you miss this in the OP.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) said Wednesday that congressional Republicans will aim next year to reduce spending on both federal health care and anti-poverty programs, citing the need to reduce America's deficit.

“We're going to have to get back next year at entitlement reform, which is how you tackle the debt and the deficit,” Ryan said during an appearance on Ross Kaminsky's talk radio show. "... Frankly, it's the health care entitlements that are the big drivers of our debt, so we spend more time on the health care entitlements — because that's really where the problem lies, fiscally speaking.”

When the lackeys of the 1% in congress talk of cutting "entitlements" what do you think they are referring to. Social Security and Medicare are the two biggest "entitlement" targets. Social Security and Medicare are paid into by AmeriCANs with every paycheck how did they become "entitlements"?

You have no argument other than supposed disdain for the supposed envy of your fellow AmeriCANs who just want to be treated fairly. -sad

I was saying that if top.earners pay 84% of taxes but get 84% of income then its a null point.

I can read English. I responded, but you ignored my response. Have a good day.

I just wish liberals would be honest . They need lots of money to run BIG GOVERNMENT and rich people have it.

Stop running the fair share con game to try to justify it .

Only in the bizarro world is it considered' fair ' that you somehow owe the Government more money becuase you make more money.

I just wish liberals would be honest . They need lots of money to run BIG GOVERNMENT and rich people have it.

Stop running the fair share con game to try to justify it .

Only in the bizarro world is it considered' fair ' that you somehow owe the Government more money becuase you make more money.

In your world of ALT Right Conservatism, where the billionaire Oligarchs brainwash you daily through FAUX News, their voice, what do you say, when an honest billionaire like Warren Buffett says "he pays less percentage in taxes than his secretary"?

In your world of ALT Right Conservatism, where the billionaire Oligarchs brainwash you daily through FAUX News, their voice, what do you say, when an honest billionaire like Warren Buffett says "he pays less percentage in taxes than his secretary"?

I'd say he's not honest.He says things that appeal to economically ignorant liberals ( aren't they all?)
Who cares if he pays less as a percentage thn his secretary , evn if it's true( it's not) . He pays a gazillion times taxes more than her.

Written by the 1%ers. Do you realize that, in most states, a single person is eligible for food stamps, if they make less than $21K per year. Minimum wage adds up to about $14K per year. So your 20% number is not surprising at all. This is exactly the situation that the Oligarchs want, so they can convince you that their regressive policies are warranted. Are you going to continue to buy into it? FAUX News is their voice, and they know exactly how to manipulate.

I highly doubt you actually watched the video, could be wrong but, at around the 1:50 - 2:00 minute mark is a short course discussion of what is called "untaxed benefits" that may be of interest to you, or not. By the way, attacking the source is folly because it is impossible to use a source approved by libs unless it agrees totally with the conclusions they want, if it doesn't then to them it's labeled faux news.

I'd say he's not honest.He says things that appeal to economically ignorant liberals ( aren't they all?)
Who cares if he pays less as a percentage thn his secretary , evn if it's true( it's not) . He pays a gazillion times taxes more than her.

So he's not honest. But then add a qualifier, if he is honest... Whatever the blind ALT Right platform, you'll accept and defend it.

Did you miss this in the OP.

When the lackeys of the 1% in congress talk of cutting "entitlements" what do you think they are referring to. Social Security and Medicare are the two biggest "entitlement" targets. Social Security and Medicare are paid into by AmeriCANs with every paycheck how did they become "entitlements"?

You have no argument other than supposed disdain for the supposed envy of your fellow AmeriCANs who just want to be treated fairly. -sad

Perhaps that is why Ryan is calling it quits.

...by stealing their future.

It's really disgusting to see what this country has become.

Ryan says Republicans to target welfare, Medicare, Medicaid spending in 2018

So, while senators and their betters live to 90 and beyond, the plebes will all begin dropping dead by 60 again. That's one way to control costs. I guess.

Of course, demanding that the rich begin to pay their fair share is out of the question. They insist that getting richer is their right. And, none of the Republican politicians have the stones to deny them that...nor are they motivated to do so.
Rich pay far more than their "fair share". Second, IF you think the way we spend our healthcare and welfare money now is the most efficient and effective way possible I have a couple of bridges in San Francisco I can let you have cheap.

I highly doubt you actually watched the video, could be wrong but, at around the 1:50 - 2:00 minute mark is a short course discussion of what is called "untaxed benefits" that may be of interest to you, or not. By the way, attacking the source is folly because it is impossible to use a source approved by libs unless it agrees totally with the conclusions they want, if it doesn't then to them it's labeled faux news.

That's fine that you have that outlook. The billionaire Oligarchs thank you, as they are laughing all the way to the bank.

That's fine that you have that outlook. The billionaire Oligarchs thank you, as they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeppers, I do, I do not have a bias against anyone's riches, I congratulate them on it. To me the dream was always to work your way up from being poor to become richer. But, you need not respond that I do not know what poor is because I grew up in the back hills, where poor was the norm and I assure you I know first hand.

From your reply I believe my assumption of your not watching the video is true.

Are our celebrities, Hollywood and the pro athletes among the accused?

Consumer capitalism is ending so the enormous middle class that was created in the past 60-80 years is no longer needed. This is how you turn off the taps of wealth and revert back to a two-tier society with a much smaller middle class, like it was before. The whole thing is planned and is pretty obvious if you understand economics. It was initiated in the 2008 recession and the next wave will be in the coming couple of years. The massive transfers of public wealth to private hands can only be intentional and a result of this shift.

It's not the government that really controls the economy, it's the private financial institutions and their barons. They initiate the wealth transfers and it's their aristocratic/plutocratic governors who instruct them to do so. Non-fiat money has to be circulated for a consumer economy to thrive otherwise it can't possibly sustain itself. However our entire economy is run on fiat now, as the wealthy convert more and more fiat into real capital before the crash. The writing is on the wall. I believe this is not accidental (i.e. just opportunism), but by design.

Best explanation I've ever heard. EXACTLY what's happening.

So, while senators and their betters live to 90 and beyond, the plebes will all begin dropping dead by 60 again. That's one way to control costs. I guess.

Of course, demanding that the rich begin to pay their fair share is out of the question. They insist that getting richer is their right. And, none of the Republican politicians have the stones to deny them that...nor are they motivated to do so.

I have heard of some great thefts in my time... but "Stealing the Future"? Daaaamn!

I can't make your connection. You've been paying into Medicare and SS since 1979. OK. You have. But how is that benefiting the rich, who also have been paying the same or more and get the same? Are they receiving a cut of the payments?

If you have complaint, it seems to me that it's the government stealing your money and doling it out as they see fit.

GOP wants to cut Medicare and Social Security which we all pay into when we work. I know that something needs to be done to fix it but the GOP needs to quit "borrowing" from those funds.

That's the way it is with the rich; always has been, always will be.

Its funny how Republicans like to redistribute back from the poor to the rich. These reverse robin hood policies will destroy the middle class.

And Europeans came here why again?

They were revolting against what?

I never made any claim about WHO revolted.

Only WHY.

And a hundred years later, there was another revolt.

Again in response to wealth and power.

Europeans came to America looking for a way to the orient, and then for gold and riches. And then to settle.. no revolting from anyone. They were loyal subjects of the crown..

And the American revolution was started by the wealth and power.. Sorry man..but your theory just doesn;t hold.

Its funny how Republicans like to redistribute back from the poor to the rich. These reverse robin hood policies will destroy the middle class.
We just can't put anything over on you guys can we?

and we won't stop until everybody is poor but a select few.

Why would you do that? You must hate America!

What has happened since 2000 is that real inflation adjusted wages for the middle class has stagnated. Sure wages are technically higher but when you factor in rising housing, healthcare, food, gas, and other costs workers have been stuck in the same place for decades. At the same time almost all the growth has gone to the top and corporate profits are booming.

Why would you do that? You must hate America!

Just liberals ;)

I'd wish Trump would deport thm all to Canada, but I'm not sure that's even legal.

On the other hand, once we get that rapist on the Supreme Court, anything's possible! Hey we got that Muslim ban,right?
:rock

Last edited:
What has happened since 2000 is that real inflation adjusted wages for the middle class has stagnated. Sure wages are technically higher but when you factor in rising housing, healthcare, food, gas, and other costs workers have been stuck in the same place for decades. At the same time almost all the growth has gone to the top and corporate profits are booming.

So there's your solution -get in that top class!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom