• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Recent Louisiana Abortion Decision: No Worries. Truth and Righteousness ALWAYS Prevail

Of course not, a man has no right to violate a woman's rights to be protected from such an assault.He has no right to violate her right to bodily sovereignty either.

Is that why you support abortion? Because you forget that women have equal rights with men and neither you nor the govt can tell us what to do with reproduction? Cannot violate our bodily autonomy?

Well there you go. You figured it out. A woman likewise has no moral right to invade the baby’s body. She had no right to maim and kill the child.

How is it that every jerk who says completely nonsensical stupidities always has kids that are "Very smart" and "make tons of money"

Maybe the problem doesn’t lie with the chatter or his kid.

Well there you go. You figured it out. A woman likewise has no moral right to invade the baby’s body. She had no right to maim and kill the child.

Of course she does. The unborn has no rights to anything. If a woman morally believes that her responsibilities to others in her life, that it's more important to give everything to kids or elderly or disabled or others in her life instead, to uphold her obligations and commitments to employer, church, community, society, it's completely right.

And you are lying again, knowing that there is no 'maiming' in ~97.5% of all abortions which consist of flushing a raspberry or smaller sized unborn painlessly and unaware from the womb.

Just you, attempting to shore up your weak arguments with emotional manipulation...and a lie at that.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I quote:- If a woman morally believes that her responsibilities to others in her life, that it's more important to give everything to kids or elderly or disabled or others in her life instead, to uphold her obligations and commitments to employer, church, community, society, it's completely right.

Abortion is the antithesis of giving, morality, responsibility, obligations community, commitment and society.

But you carry on deceiving yourself, perhaps you need to to justify the unjustifiable.

Flushing, a raspberry, more words to avoid calling it a baby, but again obviously to deflect from its actual function and purpose of a womb, creation.
Aah, natural behaviours, a mothers instinct, creating, nurturing, loving, or in certain cases, not at that moment as it isn't convenient, kill it, we can call it a raspberry to ease our conscious.
But then family rules my life, and as I'm not materialistic nor interested very much in money, I place my values on other things.
I'm not judging you, I detest the thought you think its natural and a right.
You lease a flat to a bad tenant, you are forced by law to allow the lease to expire before removing tenant. Your womb is no different.

Last edited:
I quote:- If a woman morally believes that her responsibilities to others in her life, that it's more important to give everything to kids or elderly or disabled or others in her life instead, to uphold her obligations and commitments to employer, church, community, society, it's completely right.

Abortion is the antithesis of giving, morality, responsibility, obligations community, commitment and society.

But you carry on deceiving yourself, perhaps you need to to justify the unjustifiable.

Flushing, a raspberry, more words to avoid calling it a baby, but again obviously to deflect from its actual function and purpose of a womb, creation.
Aah, natural behaviours, a mothers instinct, creating, nurturing, loving, or in certain cases, not at that moment as it isn't convenient, kill it, we can call it a raspberry to ease our conscious.
But then family rules my life, and as I'm not materialistic nor interested very much in money, I place my values on other things.
I'm not judging you, I detest the thought you think its natural and a right.
You lease a flat to a bad tenant, you are forced by law to allow the lease to expire before removing tenant. Your womb is no different.

It is always so comforting to know there are men of perfect morality and religious ideology that know exactly how to manage every family's unplanned pregnancy and every woman's womb so that their moral senses are not offended. Women need good non-judgmental men who know that abortion is selfish, irresponsible, immoral to guide them out of self deception and into fulfilling their obligations to the community and society.

You want to treat us like pets. Breed us according to your will, treat us nicely when we submit, beat the crap out of us when we don't....all of Catholic history proves that. And from posts like yours, you'd like to see it stay that way.

Totally agree, on all points.

Nope. We Christians want women protected, assisted, loved, and surrounded by family. You atheists want women poor, single, and alone, forced to do all the work of raising a family, holding a job, and running a household all by themselves, and with predictably poor results.

If you conservatives want families intact with a mother and father present, supported, protected, assisted and loved then why did you vote for Republicans that denied help to intact families and gave it only to single women with children. Republican fiscal policy for family aid bears the major responsible for today's single parent families.

That is the ultimate of stupid comments, to rape someone violates the law and the personal integrity of a PERSON. Now if a man rapes himself, then it is a man's decision to be an idiot. Really I do not know where such nonsensical anti-women views come from among pro-lifers but raping is just all kinds of depraved.

So you're basically saying abortion is OK because it's not against the law. That's asinine, of course, and it is the entire reason for this debate. We are saying it should be illiegalized because it is morally wrong. You're saying abortion should be legal because it's legal.

Anti-women? Most women call themselves pro-life and not pro-choice, meaning I am pro-women and you are anti-women.

If you conservatives want families intact with a mother and father present, supported, protected, assisted and loved then why did you vote for Republicans that denied help to intact families and gave it only to single women with children. Republican fiscal policy for family aid bears the major responsible for today's single parent families.

Nobody said Republicans were all conservative. Many of them act like liberals. Many want to be liked by the leftwing nutsos or are afraid of them.

You want to treat us like pets. Breed us according to your will, treat us nicely when we submit, beat the crap out of us when we dont....all of Catholic history proves that. And from posts like yours, you'd like to see it stay that way.

There you go again, pretending women have no say in their desire to raise families, when the majority consider themselves pro-life and not pro-choice. Perhaps in your leftwing non-Christian world are women dictated to by men and beaten by them. Certainly not in my RCC. Women here are strong, make decisions for themselves, lead the way AGAINST abortion, and happily choose to raise families.

What need is there to compare any people to apes? We are different species. Why did you just single out blacks? Is that how you see blacks? Do you compare them to apes? What is wrong with you? And you accuse pro-choice people of dehumanizing the unborn? :(

OTOH, it's a scientific fact that Homo sapiens are animals :doh And that our hominid line includes apes. :shrug: So what? How does that affect you or your life in any way?

Oh, I know. It proves your cult's view of human creation is WRONG :mrgreen:

What need have you to compare women to farm animals? They are different species. As for blacks, they have long been referred to as 'apes', though I don't do that. But I see in your last couple of paragraphs, you, yourself say all humans are apes, including all races. So you did the very thing you falsely accused me of doing. I'm sorry, humans are not apes.

Totally agree, on all points.

Very sorry women are treated that way in your non-Christian leftwing world. In my RCC world, women willingly and happily choose to raise families and are the leaders in fighting abortion. We have strong content women here. Love them.

None of the attributes you ascribe to your son negates my apt observation.

Thanks for admitting my son is a great person, and that apple did indeed fall closely to the tree. I accept your compliment, and glad to see Lursa agrees with it.

Very sorry women are treated that way in your non-Christian leftwing world. In my RCC world, women willingly and happily choose to raise families and are the leaders in fighting abortion. We have strong content women here. Love them.

And they get abortions. Catholics love abortion

There are no defenseless persons. Maybe you should focus on protecting little boys/girls from rapist priests and protecting the health care of those born rather than interfering into something that is ZERO.ZERO your business.

Little babies in the womb are completely defenseless. This is obvious. And yes, I am concerned about protecting boys and girls from the high and increasing rate of sex abuse in the godless public school system. I have never heard you express concern about that, however. Why haven't you?

I'm not judging you, I detest the thought you think its [abortion] natural and a right.

Bad analogy. In the US, a tenant can be removed by law for cause - lease or no. Any major crime - a felony - will do.

Women farm animals? We "leftists"? Nope, we are not conservatives who use women like breeding stock and cleaning lady only.

And again, we are part of the animal kingdom.

Wow. You just doubled down calling women farm animals. What a shame you don't see women as human beings.

Again, you're pushing a lie when you say or imply most women want abortion, single parenthood, or jobs over family.

Actually, I think you're the one pushing a lie by making the above claim, as I never said or implied any such thing. Here's what I did say, in Post #108:

"As a woman who values choice in all personal decisions, I would like to see all women financially comfortable, even rich, if their job or profession makes that possible, married if they choose it, and for those who don't choose marriage, happily single with a supportive group of family and friends."

Nowhere in that statement is abortion even mentioned. If you're going to quote what I've previously written, it's helpful to quote it accurately.

Last edited:
The part you leftwingers continually leave out is the vast majority of pro-life activists are WOMEN. Probably 80%. Again, you're pushing a lie when you say or imply most women want abortion, single parenthood, or jobs over family. The talking points you have been given are hollow. Many women themselves, and probably most do feel their number one job is to be a homemaker. It's not men telling them anything; it's women deciding it. Funny how you don't seem to think women are capable of deciding things for themselves, that they are perpetual victims. Religious conservative women certainly don't see themselves that way, because they aren't.
Clearly, ignorance and stupidity is not limited to so called religious men only.

A woman does have the right to make whatever private medical decisions she feels are necessary. That includes having an abortion if she doesn't want to stay pregnant and give birth. Whether or not you approve of that decision is irrelevant.

Abortion is the antithesis of giving, morality, responsibility, obligations community, commitment and society. But you carry on deceiving yourself, perhaps you need to to justify the unjustifiable.

Actually, no woman who has an abortion needs to explain or "justify" her decision at all, either to you or anyone else. It's her body that will be affected by a pregnancy, so she is the logical one to make the choice whether or not to continue it.

Call the question

The part you leftwingers continually leave out is the vast majority of pro-life activists are WOMEN. Probably 80%. Again, you're pushing a lie when you say or imply most women want abortion, single parenthood, or jobs over family. The talking points you have been given are hollow. Many women themselves, and probably most do feel their number one job is to be a homemaker. It's not men telling them anything; it's women deciding it. Funny how you don't seem to think women are capable of deciding things for themselves, that they are perpetual victims. Religious conservative women certainly don't see themselves that way, because they aren't.

"Demographics
"Within the movement

"Studies indicate that activists within the American anti-abortion movement are predominantly white and educated, with a majority of anti-abortion activism constituted by women. Scholars continue to dispute the primary factors that cause individuals to become anti-abortion activists. ...

"Popular opinion

"According to a 2013 Gallup poll, 15% of Americans with no religious identity are anti-abortion and slight majorities of Catholics, Protestants, Southerners, seniors and nonwhites reported as anti-abortion.[56]

"A 2019 Gallup poll found that men and women in the United States generally hold similar abortion views: "19% of both men and women say abortion should be totally illegal; 31% of women and 26% of men want abortion to be totally legal."[57] In addition, 53% of men and 48% of women favored abortion being legal, but only under certain circumstances.[57]

"Gallup polling in 2019 found that 25% of Americans believe abortion should be legal under any circumstances; 13%, under most circumstances; 39%, under only a few circumstances; and 21%, under no circumstances.[58] A 2020 poll by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research similarly found that 37% of Americans believed abortion should be legal under only a few circumstances. This answer was provided by 45% of Catholics and 67% of white evangelical Protestants.[59]

"In the Gallup poll, when respondents were first asked about the legality of abortion, 49% described themselves as "pro-life" and 46% as "pro-choice." However, among people who were not asked about legality first, 43% described themselves as "pro-life" and 52% as "pro-choice." Gallup's 2019 polling also found that 50% of Americans believe abortion to be morally wrong, while 42% believe it to be morally acceptable, and 6% believe that it depends on the situation. When asked whether the Supreme Court should reverse their 1973 decision of Roe v. Wade, 60% opined that the Court should not, while only 33% said that it should. Polling in 2020 revealed that 32% of Americans are either very or somewhat satisfied about abortion policies as they currently stand, while 24% report being dissatisfied and desire stricter policies and another 22% also express dissatisfaction but desire less strict policies.[60]"

(My emphasis - more @ United States anti-abortion movement - Wikipedia)

It's not enough to have dedicated cadre - & notice in the first quote from Wikipedia that only a majority of anti-abortion activism constituted by women. More interesting, there is general support for abortion being available as an option. TMK, that hasn't changed in the last 20 years or so.

Anti-women? Most women call themselves pro-life and not pro-choice, meaning I am pro-women and you are anti-women.

Do have any reliable statistics to support that claim? If so, please post them.

Back
Top Bottom