• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The One & Only Way To Reduce/Stop Abortions

Abstinent up to the point of marriage. You know what I'm talking about.

:doh You can't force people to be "abstinent up to the point of marriage." That's the part you seem incapable of understanding. In any case, thanks for confirming for a fact that you don't have any effective way to reduce or stop abortion either.

:doh You can't force people to be "abstinent up to the point of marriage." That's the part you seem incapable of understanding.

I've said NOTHING about "forcing" people to do or not do anything. That seems to be something you are incapable of understanding.

I've said NOTHING about "forcing" people to do or not do anything. That seems to be something you are incapable of understanding.

You don't have to say anything about forcing people to be abstinent because it is a given that people will not do that unless there are laws and police to enforce the laws of abstinence. You see incapable of understanding that people aren't going to do something voluntarily that is 1. not natural and 2. is a private activity done in private and can't be detected. and 3. for which exist a very strong natural biological impetus.

Are you pretending that voluntary abstinence is possible because I can't believe you are just too stupid to realize it is not possible.

If you think people are going to be abstinent voluntarily, why don't you describe the thinking and the self talk that will go on to make abstinence voluntary and universal.

You don't have to say anything about forcing people to be abstinent because it is a given that people will not do that unless there are laws and police to enforce the laws of abstinence. You see incapable of understanding that people aren't going to do something voluntarily that is 1. not natural and 2. is a private activity done in private and can't be detected. and 3. for which exist a very strong natural biological impetus.

Are you pretending that voluntary abstinence is possible because I can't believe you are just too stupid to realize it is not possible. [QUOTE/]

How is something that tens of thousands of people practice to this day, and that over the course of recent history millions practice "not possible". ?

This has nothing to do with the real problem of unwanted pregnancy. And as I said previously, offering better sex ed programs and providing free and low-cost birth control has been very effective in working to tackle that problem.

If you want to reduce the number of abortions, the most effective way to do that is to reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies. Abstinence alone isn't going to cut it.

People who want to deny women contraception or low cost contraception do not care about "da baybeez". They want to control women, IMO.

Are you pretending that voluntary abstinence is possible because I can't believe you are just too stupid to realize it is not possible. [QUOTE/]
How is something that tens of thousands of people practice to this day, and that over the course of recent history millions practice "not possible". ?

You keep telling us this is possible because 10s of K of people are already doing it. How is this going to assure that 10s of M voluntarily practice abstinence? You can't tell us how because you know it isn't possible.

You keep telling us this is possible because 10s of K of people are already doing it. How is this going to assure that 10s of M voluntarily practice abstinence? You can't tell us how because you know it isn't possible.

I said nothing about "assure" you or anyone else here of anything. Boy you people sure do love to put words in other peoples mouths. That is a sign that you have no arguments of your own.

People who want to deny women contraception or low cost contraception do not care about "da baybeez." They want to control women, IMO.

I totally agree. But I seriously doubt they'll admit controlling women is their primary motive. They'll make up something else instead.

Women can save up their pennies to enjoy sex. No problem at all.

Or...women can have an abortion when they don't want to stay pregnant. No problem at all. Although helping women out by providing free birth control to prevent that unwanted pregnancy is the better approach.

Or...women can have an abortion when they don't want to stay pregnant. No problem at all. Although helping women out by providing free birth control to prevent that unwanted pregnancy is the better approach.

So Sex is now a Government provided service? Why would that be?

So Sex is now a Government provided service? Why would that be?

Because free birth control increases women's access to it who otherwise could not afford it. Prevention of unwanted pregnancy decreases the number of abortions. What's not to like about that?

If pro-lifers really want to see the number of abortions go significantly lower, they would support such measures by states like Colorado instead of constantly opposing them and insisting on abstinence-only.

Why is it the greatest thing we can do? What benefit to society is there? Many many kids are raised poorly and believe me, there's little there to to enjoy or 'see.'

There are no negative effects of abortion on society. If there are, please list some.
I believe the fact that when abortion was first signed into law Congress swore it would only be used in very rare occatuons(yes look up the videos on it) and I am sure that is how it started. Then others saw one kill a baby that was not due to life or death to the mother and that spread then there were offices advertising the killing of children in all towns. Back in the day it was shameful to be known to abort a child and today teens are on you tube bragging how they just oborted a kid so they would not get fat and how they have had several abortions. Its sick. When did we go from loving and caring for our family and community to being so selfish and putting our own wants even before our own children. I will never understand I would die for a stranger's child and I damn sure would die before killing my own. I dont know if I'm right but the only answer I can come up with is those who believe in God and those who dont. I feel bad for those who have such low if any morals, such selfishness, lack of love of another more than themselves and with that will never know true happiness joy hell even sadness. How can they if theres nothing that means more to them than them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back in the day it was shameful to be known to abort a child and today teens are on you tube bragging how they just aborted a kid so they would not get fat and how they have had several abortions. Its sick.

Actually, what's really sick is the idea that women "should," in the minds of pro-lifers, be forced to stay pregnant and give birth against their will because "they (the women) chose to have sex." Yet pro-lifers seem to have no problem whatsoever with it.

As the thread title states, there's only one way to reduce or stop abortions, and that is to reduce or stop unwanted pregnancies. Women aren't going to abort pregnancies that don't exist now, are they. Did you read the first post at this thread? It detailed all the intelligent ways to do just that, reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies.

When did we go from loving and caring for our family and community to being so selfish and putting our own wants even before our own children. I will never understand I would die for a stranger's child and I damn sure would die before killing my own.

Not every woman wants children. And no woman should be forced to stay pregnant and give birth against her will, no matter how a pregnancy happened.

You don't have to "understand" how some women could not want children. Some of us, myself included, just don't, and we don't have to explain why. You just need to accept the fact that you don't get to force your beliefs about children and family on people who don't share them. Nor should you ever get to.

If you think the best way to stop/prevent abortions is to outlaw abortions, you're lying to yourself and ignoring all the facts.

In fact, what needs to be done is to drastically reduce unwanted and/or unplanned pregnancies.
When women don't become pregnant, they don't get abortions. Amazing huh?

So how does one logically and realistically reduce unwanted pregnancy? <--- There is the crux to the whole abortion debate

1) honest and real sex-education starting BEFORE puberty sets in
2) no more "abstinence only" nonsense
3) birth control - education about it, affordable, free, covered by health insurance, easier access to it
4) health care - affordable, covered by health insurance, easy access, free for lower income/unemployed
5) stop shaming and demeaning women when it comes to sex
6) stop insisting sex should only be for procreation

That's the best place to start.

While it's never going to be possible to 100% eliminate all abortions from happening, what can be done is to drastically reduce the number down to almost nothing that isn't a medical necessity or due to rape/incest type scenarios.

That's what most are really talking about anyway.

Trying to prevent abortions after conception will not work.

The goal should be preventing conception, in as many instances as possible, unless conception is actually the goal.

So the question is, if you're pro-life (or anti-abortion) from the legal point of view, are you actually willing to commit to working towards an honest solution or not? Are you willing to work towards the prevention of unwanted pregnancies rather than the outlawing of something that won't change the outcome in the long run?

To prevent abortions, you must prevent unwanted/unplanned pregnancies.
Are you willing to work towards that goal or not?

Footnote : sex-shaming females isn't the path forward regarding any of this either - don't go down that path

Yep

Lots of realistic solutions there

Easy access to free birth control medication including the morning after pill

Lots less expensive than supporting mother and child on welfare

We also need to figure out a way to not make it profitable for welfare mothers to have more children. Our present welfare system is a trap.

I believe the fact that when abortion was first signed into law Congress swore it would only be used in very rare occatuons(yes look up the videos on it) and I am sure that is how it started. Then others saw one kill a baby that was not due to life or death to the mother and that spread then there were offices advertising the killing of children in all towns. Back in the day it was shameful to be known to abort a child and today teens are on you tube bragging how they just oborted a kid so they would not get fat and how they have had several abortions. Its sick. When did we go from loving and caring for our family and community to being so selfish and putting our own wants even before our own children. I will never understand I would die for a stranger's child and I damn sure would die before killing my own. I dont know if I'm right but the only answer I can come up with is those who believe in God and those who dont. I feel bad for those who have such low if any morals, such selfishness, lack of love of another more than themselves and with that will never know true happiness joy hell even sadness. How can they if theres nothing that means more to them than them

You are wrong. The number of illegal abortions before Roe is about the same as the number of legal abortions after Roe. Since the population has increased since 1973 there is some indication the rate of abortions has actually decreased.

I believe the fact that when abortion was first signed into law Congress swore it would only be used in very rare occatuons(yes look up the videos on it) and I am sure that is how it started.

When did Congress do this and how did they plan to control the 'occasions?' (is that the word you meant?)

I'm not aware of abortion being 'signed into law'. It was recognized by SCOTUS as a right for women.

Then others saw one kill a baby that was not due to life or death to the mother and that spread then there were offices advertising the killing of children in all towns. Back in the day it was shameful to be known to abort a child and today teens are on you tube bragging how they just oborted a kid so they would not get fat and how they have had several abortions. Its sick. When did we go from loving and caring for our family and community to being so selfish and putting our own wants even before our own children. I will never understand I would die for a stranger's child and I damn sure would die before killing my own. I dont know if I'm right but the only answer I can come up with is those who believe in God and those who dont. I feel bad for those who have such low if any morals, such selfishness, lack of love of another more than themselves and with that will never know true happiness joy hell even sadness. How can they if theres nothing that means more to them than them

I really have no frame of reference for much of what you're writing. You are welcome to your feelings and beliefs and opinions re: abortion but as law of the land, any woman may decide for herself if she needs an abortion and whatever her reasons, they are her business alone, based on *her need.* No one else knows better than she what she needs.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I will research the name of the video as it was one i saw when i was researching Bidon, Honestly when you watch and listen to what they say even I back then may have at least given it a second thought, I believe at this point it truelly was about instances of saving a mothers life or rape ect, (to which i still dont believe killing the baby is ok) however I understand why some believe it is, I truelly believe they never expected it to be used as it is today, And yes it was for womens rights but the contexts of womens rights i feel is way diffrent today then it was back then, I dont know whats right or wrong here as far as kids being raped and getting pregnamt or a firl being told if she carries to term it will cost her her life and I try not to judge these types of cases, But to kill kids becuase you dont want to get fat or becuase it would be inconvienient or the ones who use abotion as a bitch control more than one time, it makes me sick and I believe after the first abortion if you come back in then we fix it to where you can not kill another child again,

Sent from my HP Chromebook 11 G5 using Tapatalk

I dont know whats right or wrong here as far as kids being raped and getting pregnant or a girl being told if she carries to term it will cost her her life and I try not to judge these types of cases.

Good. Because you aren't the girl or woman who is pregnant. Therefore, it isn't your decision no matter how you feel about abortion.

But to kill kids because you don't want to get fat or because it would be inconvenient or the ones who use abortion as a birth control more than one time, it makes me sick and I believe after the first abortion if you come back in then we fix it to where you can not kill another child again.

You have the right to feel any way you want about abortion. What you don't have is the right to force your beliefs or feelings onto everyone else by banning abortion just because you have issues with it. Each girl or woman has the right to decide for herself about a pregnancy, no matter what that choice may be. She may decide to continue it and give birth, or she may decide to abort. Either way, it is her decision alone, and no one else's. The only time you get to make the choice is when you are the woman who is pregnant. Until then, it isn't your choice.

.............I try not to judge these types of cases, But to kill kids becuase you dont want to get fat or becuase it would be inconvienient or the ones who use abotion as a bitch control more than one time, it makes me sick and I believe after the first abortion if you come back in then we fix it to where you can not kill another child again,

Sweetie, your problem is not abortion. You have issues way bigger than abortion. Seek help

Good. Because you aren't the girl or woman who is pregnant. Therefore, it isn't your decision no matter how you feel about abortion.

You have the right to feel any way you want about abortion. What you don't have is the right to force your beliefs or feelings onto everyone else by banning abortion just because you have issues with it. Each girl or woman has the right to decide for herself about a pregnancy, no matter what that choice may be. She may decide to continue it and give birth, or she may decide to abort. Either way, it is her decision alone, and no one else's. The only time you get to make the choice is when you are the woman who is pregnant. Until then, it isn't your choice.
I never claimed it to be my choice and as we all know, the baby does not get a choice here..you know the victim the one who suffers. But hay the mon gets a choice to hell with the innocent childs.

I never claimed it to be my choice and as we all know, the baby does not get a choice here..you know the victim the one who suffers. But hay the mon gets a choice to hell with the innocent childs.

That's right, the woman gets to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy, not you or anyone else. It doesn't matter if you approve of her choice, even if her choice is to have an abortion. Bottom line; if you aren't the woman who is pregnant, it isn't your decision. Nor should it ever be.

The "child" doesn't get a choice about being born either.

Back
Top Bottom