• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The obama's fakeness revealed

So you are saying Michelle's garden is in great shape and she is out there on her hands and knees pulling weeds as we speak? :lol:
I'm saying you shouldn't believe a word you read in the New York Post until you see it backed up by a news source that actually engages in something called "journalism." The Post is well-known for publishing errors and just plain lies. Much like Fox News. They're owned by the same person: Rupert Murdoch.

One of the things that's driven me more to the middle politically are the double standards and outright unfairness Obama is held to by the right. Bush (who I supported) was on Air Force 1 heading out to Texas all the time. So much so, his ranch there got nicknamed "The Western White House"." Obama takes Air Force 1 to New York for a dinner ONCE and calculations on the amount and cost of jet fuel start appearing on right-wing web sites. Just one example. Obama owes a huge debt of gratitude to the conservatives in this country for driving more support for him than almost anything he did himself.

PS. I can't wait to see the Sen. Ted Cruz reading Green Eggs and Ham followed by other republicans admitting the GOP has lost its ever loving mind with silly nursery rhyme music playing in the background political ads with maybe a mention that mental health care is covered under the ACA in 2014.
While I agree with what you've posted here, let me point out that the term in question has been used before.

Dwight D. Eisenhower's vacation home outside Denver (near where his wife Mamie's family lived), Lyndon Johnson's LBJ Ranch, Richard Nixon's place in San Clemente, California, Jerry Ford's Palm Springs and Aspen houses, and Ronald Reagan's ranch outside Santa Barbara were all called "the Western White House."

Franklin Roosevelt's place in Warm Springs, Georgia, John Kennedy's Palm Beach compound, Jimmy Carter's Plains, Georgia house and a Key West house used by both Harry Truman and Eisenhower (one of the few things they agreed on), all due to their Southern locations, were known as the Summer White House.

Right, because presidents and first ladies haven't had photo ops among "we the people" ever in our history. Yeah, and all other presidents since lets say . . . FDR haven't been elitists. When all the whiners from the left use to complain about George W. using the military as a prop I use to tell them that was his home court advantage in the world of realistic politics. You probably thought he was just boosting their morale though.

You see what I did there; I pointed out your hypocrisy. It did not take long for you to get back to your usual motis operandi since your debacle last month.

As usual you want to discuss me instead of the issue at hand. It's a form of running from an issue that makes you uncomfortable.

I pay someone to do my yard work too.

Lots of Americans do.

If your neighborhood is anything like mine you can't swing a dead cat by the tail on a summer afternoon without hitting an F350 full of Mexicans pulling a trailer full of lawnmowers.

In their effort to "pretend" they are "just like you and me", the Obamas may not being doing a great job on the "you" part of it, but at least in this one respect they're pretty much exactly like me.

So you're right, this isn't big news, and you're also wrong because this isn't indicative of anything sinister or especially dishonest.

It's not a yard it's a vegetable garden that Michelle makes a big deal about, when cameras are around that is. No cameras, no michelle.

Ohmigish....

Sawyer...focus on RELEVANT issues and leave Mo alone. Like...the Redskins nickname or something...

Ohmigish....

Sawyer...focus on RELEVANT issues and leave Mo alone. Like...the Redskins nickname or something...

yes! just as stupid as Obama intruding on the redskins name discussion

yes! just as stupid as Obama intruding on the redskins name discussion
Since he has only twice in almost 5 years now engaged in race issues in this country and both times they blew up in is face, you woulda thunk he would have learned his lesson. And like I have told Eco...if he actually CARED, theres a whole lot of problems on reservations that actually MATTER...not a nickname of a sports team and an issue that even Indians dont give a consensus **** about.

The Obamas may very well be elitist (like maybe all other ****ing first families before them, by the way - did you bitch about those when they were in office?) but I fail to see what this article has to do with elitism.

President Clinton wanted to start a garden that wouldn't have cost the taxpayers a penny. He was denied, something about not having the White House looking like a third world village.

When Michelle started her garden we were told by the Obama White House that no taxpayers money would be used. That it would be Michelle who would be on her knees weeding the garden along with children who would volunteer to get out of school to do their part.

As usual it was all just another Obama lie. It was White House ground keepers paid by the taxpayers and 100 K per year White House staff who have been maintaining the garden.

I wonder when we will find out that the taxpayers have been footing the bill for Obama's mini-brewery that he operates in the White House ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/dining/20garden.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc=rss&

Hmm, this article from 2009 mentions that White House staff will do most of the work. Seems your memory is a bit foggy, as is your ire.
When Michelle started her garden we were told by the Obama White House that no taxpayers money would be used. That it would be Michelle who would be on her knees weeding the garden along with children who would volunteer to get out of school to do their part.

As usual it was all just another Obama lie. It was White House ground keepers paid by the taxpayers and 100 K per year White House staff who have been maintaining the garden.

I wonder when we will find out that the taxpayers have been footing the bill for Obama's mini-brewery that he operates in the White House ?

While I agree with what you've posted here, let me point out that the term in question has been used before.

Dwight D. Eisenhower's vacation home outside Denver (near where his wife Mamie's family lived), Lyndon Johnson's LBJ Ranch, Richard Nixon's place in San Clemente, California, Jerry Ford's Palm Springs and Aspen houses, and Ronald Reagan's ranch outside Santa Barbara were all called "the Western White House."

Franklin Roosevelt's place in Warm Springs, Georgia, John Kennedy's Palm Beach compound, Jimmy Carter's Plains, Georgia house and a Key West house used by both Harry Truman and Eisenhower (one of the few things they agreed on), all due to their Southern locations, were known as the Summer White House.

Thanks for the education! BTW: I have absolutely no problem with any President traveling, using their residence to work, traveling, etc. I thought it was cool when Bush did it. I don't understand why Republicans some think President Obama needs to be confined to the White House and stay in his room, especially when they had no similar expectation of previous Presidents.

so, what you are telling us is that because Michelle Obama is not tending to the garden, she is an elitist

i will accept this with all of the credibility and reason it deserves

Nope, I'm saying they are elitist due to their extravagant lifestyle on the tax payer's dime.

The White House garden thing is a joke at best. The solution to people problems is to plant a vegetable garden?:lamo

Nope, I'm saying they are elitist due to their extravagant lifestyle on the tax payer's dime.

but if Michelle Obama would get her ass weeding the garden then that would make her other than an elitist

as i posted before, your view will receive the credibility it deserves

but if Michelle Obama would get her ass weeding the garden then that would make her other than an elitist

as i posted before, your view will receive the credibility it deserves

Um, notice that is not what I said. :shrug:

As usual you want to discuss me instead of the issue at hand. It's a form of running from an issue that makes you uncomfortable.

Please re-read post #20 in this thread. You know . . . my post that you directly replied to with the above quote. I addressed the issue head on. You run from all the words in the first paragraph that are directly related to your selective outrage in order to concentrate on the fact I called you on your hypocrisy. Ironically (not really, because you often seem to contradict yourself), it is you who started rolling into the fetal position crying that I am focusing on you and not the issue while completely ignoring the meat of my post ("running from an issue") that is contained in the first paragraph.

Communicating with you would be much easier if you did not continually accuse people of doing exactly what you are dong in real time. I do understand that "Do as I say and not as I do," probably works in your life with the people you live with . . . but by now I would think you would have learned that it doesn't really work here.

Please re-read post #20 in this thread. You know . . . my post that you directly replied to with the above quote. I addressed the issue head on. You run from all the words in the first paragraph that are directly related to your selective outrage in order to concentrate on the fact I called you on your hypocrisy. Ironically (not really, because you often seem to contradict yourself), it is you who started rolling into the fetal position crying that I am focusing on you and not the issue while completely ignoring the meat of my post ("running from an issue") that is contained in the first paragraph.

Communicating with you would be much easier if you did not continually accuse people of doing exactly what you are dong in real time. I do understand that "Do as I say and not as I do," probably works in your life with the people you live with . . . but by now I would think you would have learned that it doesn't really work here.

Once again you try to make me the subject of a thread. If you can't launch into an attack on a person you have nothing to say. It takes a brain and knowledge to discuss a subject and apparently you have neither. You should stay where you belong.;)

Once again you try to make me the subject of a thread. If you can't launch into an attack on a person you have nothing to say. It takes a brain and knowledge to discuss a subject and apparently you have neither. You should stay where you belong.;)

he posts without addressing the subject

gotta love the irony

So, you are not going to address post #20 again. Look, I know it's hard for you to believe, but this really isn't about you. I'll stop pointing out when you are ironic. Please address post #20.

So, you are not going to address post #20 again. Look, I know it's hard for you to believe, but this really isn't about you. I'll stop pointing out when you are ironic. Please address post #20.

This post #20/

"You see what I did there; I pointed out your hypocrisy. It did not take long for you to get back to your usual motis operandi since your debacle last month."

I rest my case.:lol:

This post #20/

"You see what I did there; I pointed out your hypocrisy. It did not take long for you to get back to your usual motis operandi since your debacle last month."

I rest my case.:lol:

What is this? Once again . . . there is a whole other paragraph before that one last sentence. Are you being obtuse on purpose?

Dear Saywer,

I took out the one sentence you seem to have tunnel vision on. Please address the following.

Right, because presidents and first ladies haven't had photo ops among "we the people" ever in our history. Yeah, and all other presidents since lets say . . . FDR haven't been elitists. When all the whiners from the left use to complain about George W. using the military as a prop I use to tell them that was his home court advantage in the world of realistic politics. You probably thought he was just boosting their morale though.

Back
Top Bottom