• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The New York City bar goes after William Barr

Trump hasn't gotten involved in Stone's case.

Trump didn't try to get Stone's sentence reduced.

Why are you making **** up? Why are you attacking me?

Oh...never mind.

You are dismissed. (see my sig)

No, not at all, he just Tweeted publicly that the sentence was unfair, then publicly attacked the judge, and publicly attacked the foreperson of the jury, as well as again falsely accusing Mueller of lying under oath. Totally actions of a President willing to let justice take its course!!

I mean seriously, all of us who have ever worked for a boss understand this totally. If you're an employee, what you boss publicly demands has NO BEARING on your decision in a particular case. He's just randomly expressing an opinion like anyone else, and the President publicly expressing a series of attacks on the prosecution, judge and jury is totally fine, normal! And when the people who work for Trump, were appointed by Trump, just HAPPEN to do as Trump demands, it's just a big old coinky dink! And then congratulating his AG for doing as instructed also normal.

So your position is totally understandable. All you have to do is ignore the facts entirely.

So you think Trump getting involved in Stone's case and trying to get his sentence reduced because he's a friend isn't corruption? So then you support the next Democratic president getting involved in court cases to save his buddies while using the justice department to attack his enemies? Somehow I doubt it. You're not a man of convictions, you lie every chance you get because you have an agenda.

It is perfectly allowable. The president has the authority to start or end any investigation out there.
You once again prove you have no clue what you are taking about.

he can also give his opinion sentencing if he wants and direct the DOJ in that regard.
that is not a crime. It is within his preview as president.

also the president was railing against the hack prosecutors recommendation not against barr.
there was no conversation between the president or the DOJ on the sentencing.

No, not at all, he just Tweeted publicly that the sentence was unfair, then publicly attacked the judge, and publicly attacked the foreperson of the jury, as well as again falsely accusing Mueller of lying under oath. Totally actions of a President willing to let justice take its course!!

He is allowed to. Obama did it on a regular basis railing against judge's rulings etc ... you should see the first amendment.

I mean seriously, all of us who have ever worked for a boss understand this totally. If you're an employee, what you boss publicly demands has NO BEARING on your decision in a particular case. He's just randomly expressing an opinion like anyone else, and the President publicly expressing a series of attacks on the prosecution, judge and jury is totally fine, normal! And when the people who work for Trump, were appointed by Trump, just HAPPEN to do as Trump demands, it's just a big old coinky dink! And then congratulating his AG for doing as instructed also normal.

Actually barr had already decided that the recommendation was out of line.
it was completely different than what the same prosecutors submitted before hand.

in a similar case a guy received 2 months for lying.
Comey and McCabe both admitted they lied to federal investigators they have yet
to be charged.

so 9 years for supposedly lying is a bit extreme.

So your position is totally understandable. All you have to do is ignore the facts entirely.

That is what we expect leftist to always do. they are pretty much the pro's at it.
also you haven't submitted facts you have presented presumption and speculation.

those are not facts.

I find it interesting that leftist have absolutely no clue about what they are talking about yet think they do.

The reason that barr did what he did is because the recommendations given where not in line with what the lawyers on the case proposed
to the DOJ before hand. In fact they were grossly out of line with other punishments in the same regard.

the AG and the DOJ are under no legal requirements to take the prosecutors opinion.
Barr did the correct thing in this regard and have called these prosecutors into question about why they lied.

7-9 years is in line with federal sentencing guidelines. You just want it to be less because he's a close friend of Trump.

It is perfectly allowable. The president has the authority to start or end any investigation out there.
You once again prove you have no clue what you are taking about.

he can also give his opinion sentencing if he wants and direct the DOJ in that regard.
that is not a crime. It is within his preview as president.

also the president was railing against the hack prosecutors recommendation not against barr.
there was no conversation between the president or the DOJ on the sentencing.

It's not an investigation, it's a criminal trial. I'm at least glad you fascists are open about it. You believe a president can end a criminal trial or reduce the sentence of his friends while opening fake investigations of his enemies. If this is the standard you want to set the left is going to have a field day when the pendulum swings back the other way.

Actually, a President publicly expressing his opinion is perfectly fine. Heck, it's just as fine as you expressing YOUR opinion...and it has the same power over people as yours.

Trump gave no orders to Barr. Trump gave no orders to the judge. Trump gave no orders to a jury member. Trump gave no orders to Mueller.

In all of those cases, Trump only expressed his opinion. Just like you can.

These are the facts...not the stuff you have made up.

He is allowed to. Obama did it on a regular basis railing against judge's rulings etc ... you should see the first amendment.
Actually barr had already decided that the recommendation was out of line.
it was completely different than what the same prosecutors submitted before hand.

in a similar case a guy received 2 months for lying.
Comey and McCabe both admitted they lied to federal investigators they have yet
to be charged.

so 9 years for supposedly lying is a bit extreme.

You mean perjury under oath before congress and threatening a witness.

I know as a Trump supporter you don't believe in the rule of law but that's disgusting even for you guys.

7-9 years is in line with federal sentencing guidelines. You just want it to be less because he's a close friend of Trump.

The last guy that lied received 2 months. Comey and McCabe admitted they lied and have yet to be charged.
so no it is not within federal sentencing standards.

It's not an investigation, it's a criminal trial. I'm at least glad you fascists are open about it. You believe a president can end a criminal trial or reduce the sentence of his friends while opening fake investigations of his enemies. If this is the standard you want to set the left is going to have a field day when the pendulum swings back the other way.
the only facsists are leftists. they prove it all the time.
the only fake investigations that have been issued are by democrats and leftist.

your projections are well just that but keep it up it is all you people have.

no russia
no obstruction
no Ukraine.

continue crying by the looks of it trump will be president for another 4 years.

upload158155374766642_thumb.jpg

This is an extraordinary request by the NYC Bar. Only the respective State Bar Association can reprimand a practicing attorney and a city bar requesting House and Senate investigations rarely if ever happens.

It is also possible that the New York State Bar Association will independently look into the Barr/Stone sentencing event of this past week.
Whoa! Isn't this interesting?

I wasn't aware Barr was a New Yorker, and he's a member of the NY bar. Yeah, this could get interesting. Does the U.S. AG need a bar card to hold the post? I'm not sure.

The last guy that lied received 2 months. Comey and McCabe admitted they lied and have yet to be charged.
so no it is not within federal sentencing standards.
the only facsists are leftists. they prove it all the time.
the only fake investigations that have been issued are by democrats and leftist.
your projections are well just that but keep it up it is all you people have.
no russia
no obstruction
no Ukraine.
continue crying by the looks of it trump will be president for another 4 years.

I think it's despicable that you'll call perjury before congress and witness tampering "lying" just because you like Stone and he's a close friend of Trump. You don't believe that generally, only because you sympathize with him politically.

I despise weak willed men that change their convictions based on who we're talking about.

Nope.

That is not my claim.

Seriously...what part of "lied to their superiors" do you not understand?

Just FWIW, I have to LOL at your claim here, as it's entirely based on anonymous sources.

Here's the always Trump-friendly Federalist story: Mueller Prosecutors Misled DOJ About Stone Sentence Recommendation

"A source" "the DOJ official reportedly told Fox." "Sources told" Etc...

Any theory about why the DoJ couldn't go on the record with these claims? Also, why are you accepting anonymous sourcing, when in every case it's critical of Trump you dismiss the stories based on unnamed sources with some version of FAKE NEWS?

Trump hasn't gotten involved in Stone's case.

Trump didn't try to get Stone's sentence reduced.

Why are you making **** up? Why are you attacking me?

Oh...never mind.

You are dismissed. (see my sig)

We all saw the interviews and the tweets, to say h didn't get involved is like saying the sun didn't rise this morning.

PS, you are dismissed for the act of flag out lying...

Last edited:

upload158155374766642_thumb.jpg

This is an extraordinary request by the NYC Bar. Only the respective State Bar Association can reprimand a practicing attorney and a city bar requesting House and Senate investigations rarely if ever happens.

It is also possible that the New York State Bar Association will independently look into the Barr/Stone sentencing event of this past week.

The radical democrat judicial gestapo has been emboldened by the vicious attacks on American law and justice by deranged anti-American politicians and insane media outlets. America is under attack by left-wing partisans whose version of justice is to protect democrat gestapo criminals and to inflict excruciating pain on Americans who oppose their lawless ungodly gestapo tactics.

You mean perjury under oath before congress and threatening a witness.

I know as a Trump supporter you don't believe in the rule of law but that's disgusting even for you guys.

unlike you i educate myself on facts.

the last guy that lied to a federal investigation received 2 months.
Comey and McCabe have admited they lied and they have not been charged with anything.

so yes 9 years is 100% out of line and extreme unless you hate trump which you do.
Not to mention that the prosecutors of the case lied to the DOJ.

here are the facts that leftist like you ignore.

To put it in context, the recommended sentence is more than what an ordinary defendant would serve for basic bank robbery, extortion, or drug dealing.

Stone’s prosecutors used a quirk in the federal sentencing guidelines to justify this outlandish recommendation for such a long prison sentence. They argued that Stone, -- a notorious braggart and attention-seeker -- tried to intimidate a cooperating witness by threatening to kidnap his dog and hoping the witness would die.

However, the cooperating witnesses testified that this was the way he and Stone regularly talked to one another and that he never felt intimidated. Nevertheless, the Justice Department prosecutors used the witness intimidation provision – designed to get at gangs and mob bosses – to pile on Stone, even though no witness was ever actually intimidated by Stone’s antics. When this became public, the attorney general acted. And he should have.

Certainly, every lawyer in the chain of command had an obligation to ensure that the sentencing recommendation for Stone was fair, transparent and reflective of the actual crimes he was convicted of committing. Unfortunately, the prosecutors failed in their duty. But Barr did not.

continue to ignore facts.

Actually, a President publicly expressing his opinion is perfectly fine. Heck, it's just as fine as you expressing YOUR opinion...and it has the same power over people as yours.

Trump gave no orders to Barr. Trump gave no orders to the judge. Trump gave no orders to a jury member. Trump gave no orders to Mueller.

In all of those cases, Trump only expressed his opinion. Just like you can.

These are the facts...not the stuff you have made up.
Mycroft equates the "opinion" of a potus....to a citizen.

There is no NYC Bar Association. This was a general meeting of the Manhattan Bar Association. Each of the 5 counties, boroughs, of the City of New York, has their own bar associations. The 5 NYC Bar Associations are far from unified, and within each there are separate associations for criminal, immigration, matrimonial and civil practice attorneys. Less than 40% of the city's practicing attorneys belong to the 5 city bar associations. The State requires admission and good standing (dues paid to date) in the State Bar Association in return for licensing. This became a requirement in 1936 when the State Bar Association had less than 10% of the State's attorneys as members and was in danger of dissolution.

Any claims as to what the State Bar Association will investigate made by the Manhattan Bar Association members is absurd at best. The political turf wars between the upstate members of the State Bar, as opposed to the members from downstate, preclude any suppositions by members of the Manhattan Bar. It should be noted that the most vociferous members of the Manhattan Bar calling for an investigation into the Barr/Stone sentencing are each jockeying for political position for nomination to about to be vacated seats in the City Council and State Assembly.

A little grandstanding makes for interesting but relatively worthless publicity. It has become common practice for NYC attorneys to run for office, with no intent to win, for the purpose of generating name recognition and garnering new clients. "(S)He ran for office, (s)he must be somebody with juice." Anything goes for making rain.

I think it's despicable that you'll call perjury before congress and witness tampering "lying" just because you like Stone and he's a close friend of Trump. You don't believe that generally, only because you sympathize with him politically.

I despise weak willed men that change their convictions based on who we're talking about.

self hate does explains a lot of things then.
why do you hate yourself?

Mycroft equates the "opinion" of a potus....to a citizen.

because it is see the 1st amendment.
the president is still a citizen with all right afforded by the constitution.

Seriously...what part of "lied to their superiors" do you not understand?

Let's ask Mycroft what Mycroft thinks of "anonymous sources"

Says the guy who thinks anonymous sources at NYT, WaPo, CNN, etc. are credible. :roll:

Another book by a Trump hater with anonymous sources...ala Woodward, Wolff, etc. Moving on...

The only difference between this anonymous author and Wolff or Woodward [. . .] with their unnamed sources... [. . .]

"anonymous sources"???

:thinking

Crazy... The state of New York is after the president and anyone who has supported him or the administration.

New York’s incoming Attorney General Letitia James has ambitious plans to go after President Donald Trump for any crimes he may have committed in the Empire State before taking the White House. To that end, James plans a series of investigations into the 45th president, his family and “anyone” connected to Trump.

Letitia James has already announced she plans on running for the governorship of the State of NY when Andy Cuomo steps down.

What corruption?

What lie have I made up?

I don't support any President using his executive branch powers for any corrupt political purposes. Let me know when Trump does it. (But present facts, please. I'm not interested in spin, speculation, hyperbole, innuendo or lies.)
You’re lying to yourself now. A goodly portion of your posts in this forum do exactly what you deny. :2no4:

self hate does explains a lot of things then.
why do you hate yourself?

The difference between you and me is I don't think the president should get involved in individual criminal trials to hurt his enemies and help his friends, regardless of the party.

The difference between you and me is I don't think the president should get involved in individual criminal trials to hurt his enemies and help his friends, regardless of the party.

no you ignore facts. trump had nothing to do with barr's decision.
the prosecutors were out of line in their recommendation and no witness was threatened.

even the person they said was threatened testified in court that he wasn't. he was actually friends with stone and they
talked like that to each other all the time.

the prosecution ignored facts and testimony much like most leftist do.
then again most of the mueller prosecutors were leftist lawyers.

unlike you i educate myself on facts.

the last guy that lied to a federal investigation received 2 months.
Comey and McCabe have admited they lied and they have not been charged with anything.

so yes 9 years is 100% out of line and extreme unless you hate trump which you do.
Not to mention that the prosecutors of the case lied to the DOJ.

here are the facts that leftist like you ignore.

To put it in context, the recommended sentence is more than what an ordinary defendant would serve for basic bank robbery, extortion, or drug dealing.

Stone’s prosecutors used a quirk in the federal sentencing guidelines to justify this outlandish recommendation for such a long prison sentence. They argued that Stone, -- a notorious braggart and attention-seeker -- tried to intimidate a cooperating witness by threatening to kidnap his dog and hoping the witness would die.

However, the cooperating witnesses testified that this was the way he and Stone regularly talked to one another and that he never felt intimidated. Nevertheless, the Justice Department prosecutors used the witness intimidation provision – designed to get at gangs and mob bosses – to pile on Stone, even though no witness was ever actually intimidated by Stone’s antics. When this became public, the attorney general acted. And he should have.

Certainly, every lawyer in the chain of command had an obligation to ensure that the sentencing recommendation for Stone was fair, transparent and reflective of the actual crimes he was convicted of committing. Unfortunately, the prosecutors failed in their duty. But Barr did not.

continue to ignore facts.

So you mentioned one charge.

What about the other six he was convicted of, including witness tampering.

What about threatening the judge.

This guy helped a foreign government fix a US election he deserves life!!!

Crazy... The state of New York is after the president and anyone who has supported him or the administration.

New York’s incoming Attorney General Letitia James has ambitious plans to go after President Donald Trump for any crimes he may have committed in the Empire State before taking the White House. To that end, James plans a series of investigations into the 45th president, his family and “anyone” connected to Trump.

i do believe that would fall under malicious prosecution.

because it is see the 1st amendment.
the president is still a citizen with all right afforded by the constitution.
Uh, the question is not if a potus has a right to giving an opinion, the question is whether those "opinions" carry the same weight, have an equal force.

To argue they do is absurd, but there you and Mycroft are.

Back
Top Bottom