• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Myth That Obamacare Is Destroying Full-Time Jobs Just Got Debunked

Biased propaganda.

Exactly, isn't it interesting how the left has no problem posting certain numbers but just like with all the Obama results they read the headlines when they appear to be good but never the entire story. What a meaningless report without context but that is what liberals will always do, post meaningless data and ignore the important information, i.e. unemployment, deficits/debt, economic growth, labor force numbers, discouraged workers, people dependent on the govt, economic growth

Exactly, isn't it interesting how the left has no problem posting certain numbers but just like with all the Obama results they read the headlines when they appear to be good but never the entire story. What a meaningless report without context but that is what liberals will always do, post meaningless data and ignore the important information, i.e. unemployment, deficits/debt, economic growth, labor force numbers, discouraged workers, people dependent on the govt, economic growth

The worse things get then the more folks that will call for the federal gov't to do something to fix it. This is exactly the situation that the big gov't "leaders" want to have happening.

No, those are opinions. Know the difference.

Yes, opinions backed by logic and common sense, you ought to try it sometime. You actually think small businesses thrive on higher taxes and more regulations? Just goes to show how poor academia is these days.

Yes, opinions backed by logic and common sense, you ought to try it sometime. You actually think small businesses thrive on higher taxes and more regulations? Just goes to show how poor academia is these days.

Things that are subjective. That means others might not consider them logical or common sense.

And don't make leaps. I said nothing about thriving or not thriving. I said taxes had little to do with it either way. Other factors weight much heavier. So use some of that logic and common sense to follow what I'm actually saying.

Things that are subjective. That means others might not consider them logical or common sense.

And don't make leaps. I said nothing about thriving or not thriving. I said taxes had little to do with it either way. Other factors weight much heavier. So use some of that logic and common sense to follow what I'm actually saying.

The difference is I actually ran a business, as a matter of fact 130 of them so my experience tells me you have no idea what you are talking about. Taxes and Regulations play a major role in business operations, expenses, and decision making. The P&L's always tell a different story than you at academia want to talk about.

The difference is I actually ran a business, as a matter of fact 130 of them so my experience tells me you have no idea what you are talking about. Taxes and Regulations play a major role in business operations, expenses, and decision making. The P&L's always tell a different story than you at academia want to talk about.

You are too small a sample. You can't possibly represent all businesses any more than I can.

You are too small a sample. You can't possibly represent all businesses any more than I can.

LOL, yes, liberal academia logic. Sure wish people like you would get some street smarts.

LOL, yes, liberal academia logic. Sure wish people like you would get some street smarts.

No, it's just a fact that you are not enough to speak for all business. Sorry.

No, it's just a fact that you are not enough to speak for all business. Sorry.

Nor do you or your so called studies. You have proven over and over again that you have no concept of business expenses, Business P&L's, competitive pressures, or how a small business actually operates. It really is sad that so many are like you. If you truly believe what you say start your own business, pay your employees what you claim they deserve, be the last one to get paid and see how business really works.

It would be far more accurate to look at the couple of months leading up to the exemption. When businesses were looking at the original implementation date they were in fact cutting full time positions and going to 30 or less. Don't think for a minute that wasn't noticed and had something to do with the delay. These numbers reflect businesses going forward for this next year. When the implementation date draws near again, the trend will swing the other way again. The story itself is a cheap cover piece.

Nor do you or your so called studies. You have proven over and over again that you have no concept of business expenses, Business P&L's, competitive pressures, or how a small business actually operates. It really is sad that so many are like you. If you truly believe what you say start your own business, pay your employees what you claim they deserve, be the last one to get paid and see how business really works.

Actually, the studies do look at a large enough sample. That's what makes them valid studies.

Well stated. I have done exactly that, it is a real eye opener. One thing I've discovered since then (almost 7 years ago) is that the majority of people are like Boo in that they have little more than a surface understanding of how business actually works. If there was no competition and we were free to charge whatever we wanted for our products and services things might work the way these wage slaves think they do, but that is not reality. There is a constant balancing act between what you can charge and actually make sales and what your overhead is. In my business my income is about 2% of my gross. My office manger gets a bit over 1 1/2%, and this is the second year that I will make more than she does. Last year I beat her by $400. Any time I see someone like Boo posting about greedy business owners I just move on just as I would if we were face to face. I don't punch a clock, I'm always on and don't have time for shallow morons no matter how superior they think they are.

BTW, I do have my own business. Just so you know.

Actually, the studies do look at a large enough sample. That's what makes them valid studies.

Do those studies pay peoples' salaries, business operating expenses, compete against competitors, and pay the taxes required by the govt? Do those studies pay the owners or shareholders' salary and benefits? Do those studies hire people and pay them their benefits? The fact that they don't is what makes them invalid

Do those studies pay peoples' salaries, business operating expenses, compete against competitors, and pay the taxes required by the govt? Do those studies pay the owners or shareholders' salary and benefits? Do those studies hire people and pay them their benefits? The fact that they don't is what makes them invalid

They don't need to. The measure cause and effect. And you have been linked to the studies. You're being a Contrarian and not a critical thinker. Sorry.

That produces what and employs how many? Looks like a consulting business that produces not much of value.

Six employed. Produces a computer app and assistance to college writers. Value is the eye of the consumer, isn't it?

Six employed. Produces a computer app and assistance to college writers. Value is the eye of the consumer, isn't it?

What is your worker's comp liability for that kind of work? Just curious, there is a huge difference (for obvious reasons) between what I pay for my office manager and for other mechanics. And how is your business license managed in your state? Here the cost of my occupational tax certificate is based entirely on number of employees. Also is that a home based, work from home, field or retail location?

Likely that had nothing to do with the one year delay of the PPACA employer mandate. ;)

Allowing people to work more hours for a while (one month) is hardly establishing a trend.

They don't need to. The measure cause and effect. And you have been linked to the studies. You're being a Contrarian and not a critical thinker. Sorry.

You really ought to be sorry for such poor understanding of how business works. Where does the money come from for taxes? Raise the taxes do you need more money? Where does the money come from for meeting regulation standards? Please tell me this is an act? Maybe if you actually ran a real business that employed people you would learn more.

Value is always in the eye of the consumer who has to be willing to pay you for your services. If taxes go up or you are required to spend more money on regulations like Obamacare where does the money come from to pay those?

What is your worker's comp liability for that kind of work? Just curious, there is a huge difference (for obvious reasons) between what I pay for my office manager and for other mechanics. And how is your business license managed in your state? Here the cost of my occupational tax certificate is based entirely on number of employees. Also is that a home based, work from home, field or retail location?

We have three partners and 3 contract employees. We work from different places in the world, no single office place. Not sure home is exactly right, but we have designations and responsibilities, with contracted duties. We formed an LLC. One person is business (not me), one technical expertise (not me), and some sales (me).

Back
Top Bottom