• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Liberal Legacy In a Nutshell:*

independents or liberal are characterized by illiteracy while the MSM makes them think it isn't so:

From Walter E Williams Ph.D: "History is not going to be kind to liberals. With their mindless programs, they've managed to do to Black Americans what slavery, Reconstruction, and rank racism found impossible: destroy their family and work ethic."

What programs are those? Civil rights laws? Shame that all those people on welfare in Appalachia are white. Strange that black people keep voting for liberals. Maybe all that work in the hot sun damaged their brains. As to their work ethic, working for free for a few hundred years, working picking cotton once free, part of the prison labor industry? And dealing with getting lower wages for the same work til liberal civil rights laws changed that? Obviously lazy and shiftless. Conservatives programs of better wages and increased union protection should resolve the problem.

I understand that the same charge could be leveled at conservatives, equally pointlessly.

with just over 90% of all black voters going to the democrats the democrats have betrayed black voters time and time again. Broken promises and made them more and more dependent on the government.

with just over 90% of all black voters going to the democrats the democrats have betrayed black voters time and time again. Broken promises and made them more and more dependent on the government.

Must be pretty embarrassing that the GOP can't win them back, then.

Can you substantiate your claim?

Must be pretty embarrassing that the GOP can't win them back, then.

Can you substantiate your claim?

yes it is hard to win black voters back when Dems have addicted them to welfare.

Strange that black people keep voting for liberals.

why strange? Dems have them addicted to welfare, even after Dems have attacked and destroyed love and family in the black community.

Ok, Educated One, brush up on your history. The depression preceded FDR.

not really FDR's programs were really Hoover's programs. They prolonged the depression for 16 years into a world war that killed 60 million. Things got better only when FDR finally died.

LBJ attacked the black family?

literacy101:

Daniel Patrick Moynihan: "In too many cases, if our Government had set out determined to destroy the family, it couldn't have done greater damage than some of what we see today. Too often these programs, well-intentioned, welfare programs for example, which were meant to provide for temporary support, have undermined responsibility. They've robbed people of control of their lives, destroyed their dignity, in some cases -- and we've tried hard to change this -- encouraged people, man and wife, to live apart because they might just get a little bit more to put in their pockets."

So why did Obama and Clinton before him reduce the deficit?

Because Republicans were threatening a BBA if Dems didn't behave somewhat responsibly. Obviously we could have a BBA tomorrow if Dims supported it too. 1+1=2

yes it is hard to win black voters back when Dems have addicted them to welfare.

Very little substance here, guys. Just blind assertions.

My read is that you both are trying to say that Democrat's have successfully implemented policies that you believe make black folks more likely to use government assistance. Got no idea on the betrayal, except that you maybe think if black folks understood the Dem policy, they wouldn't like it? Am I close?

You haven't named the policies, times, or specific politicians but I can see you're trying your very best, so I'll roll with it.

So what happened when the GOP was in charge of the government the last few times? Did they just forget about this issue?

So what happened when the GOP was in charge of the government the last few times? Did they just forget about this issue?

Trump cant build his Wall or roll back welfare/nanny state. 1+1=2

You haven't named the policies, times, or specific politicians but I can see you're trying your very best, so I'll roll with it.

I know liberals don't read but did you ever think of reading book on subject?

Can't now that Democrats won back the House, sure. Why didn't he try when the GOP held congress?

Are you telling me there a War on Love and Family, but a tax cut for is more important to GOP lawmakers?

Also, neither history nor this issue began with Trump.

What happened the other times the GOP had the reins?

1. Trump had the opportunity to get funding for the wall very early on when the GOP had control of Congress. Why didn't the GOP push this through?

2. What you fail to realize (or dishonestly omit) is rolling back the "welfare/nanny state" also affects those in parts of the country where Trump received a lot of support. You make this about African Americans and welfare but leave out the millions of others who benefit from public assistance; many of them in the "working poor" category.

As usual you want to limit your focus to items which suit your narrative instead of addressing the broader issues that cause the problems.

Last edited:
Can't now that Democrats won back the House, sure. Why didn't he try when the GOP held congress?

He did try but there was not enough support. 1+1=2

1) Attack and destroy love and family such that 76% of black kids are born into broken or never formed homes, with the rest of America following shortly behind*

2) Ship middle and lower class jobs to China with liberal taxes, unions, regulations, deficits, and trade deals and then invite 60 million illegals to take remaining jobs and bid down wages.Not sure if 1 or 2 above is the liberals' primary legacy. What do you think?

More like bull**** the dishonest right has to make up about liberals that isn't true because they have no facts, no argument, and are wrong about pretty much everything.

Jesus christ, the level of intelligence from right wingers on this forum is abysmally low. This is the saddest, lamest flame bait post

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”

Free slavery, civil rights movement, The New Deal, women's suffrage, all liberal legacies.

Conservatives legacy, fighting progress at every step of the path

Last edited:
More like bull**** the dishonest right has to make up about liberals that isn't true because they have no facts, no argument, and are wrong about pretty much everything.

If wrong the liberal would not be so afraid to say exactly where. What did we learn from your fear?

Jesus christ, the level of intelligence from right wingers on this forum is abysmally low. This is the saddest, lamest flame bait post

if true the liberal would not be so afraid to point out example of the low intelligence. What do we learn from his fear?

He did try but there was not enough support. 1+1=2

So even amongst the GOP legislators, this is an unpopular position?

Why is that, do you think?

You make such a compelling case.

So even amongst the GOP legislators, this is an unpopular position?

Why is that, do you think?

You make such a compelling case.

who knows. Adolf HItler was very popular for a time. what matters is what's right. 1+1=2

Back
Top Bottom