• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Latest: Flynn’s lawyer says he won’t answer subpoena

Article is Here.

The plot thickens.

This might complicate things moving forward. I'm interested to hear what Flynn's reasoning is behind choosing to not honor the subpoena. Is it possible that Flynn could be held in contempt of court?

Thoughts? Comments?
I believe Congressional subpoenas are not enforceable in themselves. They must be taken to either a civil or criminal court - I forget which - and the process is supposedly difficult and long.

Article is Here.

The plot thickens.

This might complicate things moving forward. I'm interested to hear what Flynn's reasoning is behind choosing to not honor the subpoena. Is it possible that Flynn could be held in contempt of court?

Thoughts? Comments?

Contempt of Congress. This is not going to end well for Flynn.

The next logical step, is Flynn will be held "in contempt" and actually arrested. I believe that's what happens next, but perhaps some legal scholar Trump supporter can come tell me why I am wrong.

Lock him up
Lock him up
Lock him up

Flynn is being fitted for a cross. I think he knows that. After all the investigations someone needs to hang. It will be Flynn and at the end of the day, both sides will use him to validate their claims.

He isnt going to make it easy on them. Thats all this is.

Article is Here.

The plot thickens.

Thoughts? Comments?

On possible ties between President Trump's campaign and Russia:

"This is utter nonsense. This is a tactic that the democratic and Clinton machine are using to try to distract from what they know to be true, there's [an] incredible level of deceit here, Martha, an incredible level."

~ Michael Flynn

Flynn can probably get around a subpoena issued by Congress, but he can't easily ignore a subpoena issued by DOJ Special Investigator Robert Mueller.

Federal agents will raid wherever they believe the documents are residing and confiscate anything they believe to be subpoenaed material(s).

Article is Here.The plot thickens. This might complicate things moving forward. I'm interested to hear what Flynn's reasoning is behind choosing to not honor the subpoena. Is it possible that Flynn could be held in contempt of court? Thoughts? Comments?

It's a congressional subpoena. He can't be in contempt of court.

Flynn can probably get around a subpoena issued by Congress, but he can't easily ignore a subpoena issued by DOJ Special Investigator Robert Mueller.

Federal agents will raid wherever they believe the documents are residing and confiscate anything they believe to be subpoenaed material(s).

Neither can Susan Rice.

The next logical step, is Flynn will be held "in contempt" and actually arrested. I believe that's what happens next, but perhaps some legal scholar Trump supporter can come tell me why I am wrong.

It could happen, but it probably won't.

Would that be a deposition?

the general thing that might be done is to grant immunity for testimony given in grand jury so those statements may not be admitted as evidence. If granted immunity you are no longer testifying against yourself and can be compelled to answer

the general thing that might be done is to grant immunity for testimony given in grand jury so those statements may not be admitted as evidence. If granted immunity you are no longer testifying against yourself and can be compelled to answer
Depending on your point of view, that didn't work as planned where Oliver North was concerned.

Back
Top Bottom