• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The latest democratic cheat trick

I said you didn't know what you were talking about. Now I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway, you failed to provide the necessary evidence to support what you say. Your claims are unfounded.

Lol, the democrats and their buddies in the MSM just proved my point. Not one word said by these loonies over the protests and riots and looting....all those thousands of degenerates defacing public and private property gathered together acting like the lowlifes they are and NOT one word by the left and their buddies in the media, but when Trump is ready to start the rallies again...oh boy out comes the complaining. What a freaking joke....I guess people are just stupid to not see the hypocrisy, huh?

Lol, the democrats and their buddies in the MSM just proved my point. Not one word said by these loonies over the protests and riots and looting....all those thousands of degenerates defacing public and private property gathered together acting like the lowlifes they are and NOT one word by the left and their buddies in the media, but when Trump is ready to start the rallies again...oh boy out comes the complaining. What a freaking joke....I guess people are just stupid to not see the hypocrisy, huh?

Yep, mail-in voting really leads to voter fraud - might be why Trump, Kayleigh McEnaney and Derek Chauvin all voted from addresses where they didn't reside.

Then there was the GOPer in North Carolina who got caught ballot harvesting and Social Security fraud.
Bladen County man in ballot harvesting case accused of Social Security fraud

McCrae Dowless is charged with illegally getting more than $14,000 of Social Security benefits while he was paid more than $135,000 for his activities in the 2018 election.

Dowless is prominent because North Carolina law enforcement accused him in 2019 of illegal possession of absentee ballots, conspiracy and obstruction of justice.

The N.C. State Board of Elections in early 2019 canceled the results of the 2018 9th District congressional election after it received evidence that Dowless, while working for Republican candidate Mark Harris, operated an organization that illegally collected and tampered with voters’ absentee ballots in Bladen County.

The collection of absentee ballots by third parties is known as ballot harvesting, and it’s illegal in North Carolina because the person collecting the ballots could alter them or discard them.

Yep, mail-in voting really leads to voter fraud - might be why Trump, Kayleigh McEnaney and Derek Chauvin all voted from addresses where they didn't reside.

Then there was the GOPer in North Carolina who got caught ballot harvesting and Social Security fraud.

Yes, it's not only the democrats who know the ease of cheating with mail in ballots....at least the Republicans are wanting more fair elections, instead the left is wanting full mail in ballots with anyone being able to collect ballots, including their operatives.

Yes, it's not only the democrats who know the ease of cheating with mail in ballots....at least the Republicans are wanting more fair elections, instead the left is wanting full mail in ballots with anyone being able to collect ballots, including their operatives.

WRONG, wrong - it's not that "Republicans are wanting more fair elections", instead they want to keep certain people from voting. Probably why more than 1200 voting locations have been closed in GOP-controlled states during the past 5-6 years. For some reason, most of those closings have been in low-income, minority districts.

"Mail-in ballots" can't be collected by anyone except for US mail carriers - well, as long as the Postal Service is still functioning, which for some reason GOPers are trying to shut down.

WRONG, wrong - it's not that "Republicans are wanting more fair elections", instead they want to keep certain people from voting. Probably why more than 1200 voting locations have been closed in GOP-controlled states during the past 5-6 years. For some reason, most of those closings have been in low-income, minority districts.

"Mail-in ballots" can't be collected by anyone except for US mail carriers - well, as long as the Postal Service is still functioning, which for some reason GOPers are trying to shut down.

Laws have changed in some states in who can harvest, if you will a ballot of a voter....most states are still only close family relatives can do this, but some states have changed it to anyone can collect voter ballots, such as California.....this is dangerous and opens the door to voter interference, cohersion, or outright forgery.

Laws have changed in some states in who can harvest, if you will a ballot of a voter....most states are still only close family relatives can do this, but some states have changed it to anyone can collect voter ballots, such as California.....this is dangerous and opens the door to voter interference, cohersion, or outright forgery.

I did not know that ballot harvesting was legal in California so I did the Google thing and found the following
Is ballot harvesting legal in California? Yes, and that worries some Republicans

To prevent fraud, the bill bans ballot collectors from being paid based on the number of ballots they turn in. By law, every voter signature on a mail-in ballot must be verified. Also, voters can check the status of their ballot online and, if their mail-in ballot isn’t counted, voters must be told why.

Justin Levitt, a law professor and election law expert at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, said that while the alleged election fraud reported in North Carolina is concerning, it’s not the norm. “It makes a big impact when you hear about it because it doesn’t happen that often,” he said.

Steps can be taken, like requiring ballot collectors to issue receipts to voters, that don’t interfere with the right to vote, Levitt added.

“I don’t think the number (of ballots collected and turned in by someone) matters as long as the ballots are faithfully and correctly turned in,” he said.

I did not know that ballot harvesting was legal in California so I did the Google thing and found the following

Here's an excerpt:

"Allowing individuals other than the voter or his immediate family to handle absentee ballots is a recipe for mischief and wrongdoing. Neither voters nor election officials can verify that the secrecy of the ballot was not compromised or that the ballot submitted in the voter’s name by a third party accurately reflects the voter’s choices and was not fraudulently changed by the vote harvester. And there is no guarantee that vote harvesters won’t simply discard the ballots of voters whose political preferences for candidates of the opposition party are known.

It also gives campaign and political party intermediaries the ability to influence voters while they are casting a ballot out of election officials’ sight and without any supervision by them.

Thus, there is no one present to ensure that voters are not being coerced, intimidated, threatened or paid for their vote."

Vote Harvesting a Recipe for Coercion and Election Fraud | The Heritage Foundation

Here's an excerpt:

"Allowing individuals other than the voter or his immediate family to handle absentee ballots is a recipe for mischief and wrongdoing. Neither voters nor election officials can verify that the secrecy of the ballot was not compromised or that the ballot submitted in the voter’s name by a third party accurately reflects the voter’s choices and was not fraudulently changed by the vote harvester. And there is no guarantee that vote harvesters won’t simply discard the ballots of voters whose political preferences for candidates of the opposition party are known.

It also gives campaign and political party intermediaries the ability to influence voters while they are casting a ballot out of election officials’ sight and without any supervision by them.

Thus, there is no one present to ensure that voters are not being coerced, intimidated, threatened or paid for their vote."

Vote Harvesting a Recipe for Coercion and Election Fraud | The Heritage Foundation

I agree. Ballot harvesting should be made illegal. Rather surprised that it is not.

I'm sure my response will surprise some people - but maybe not.

I can actually see the arguments against ballot harvesting as holding some value and I do think the validity of ballots brought in by non-family members would need some type of verification. However, in most of the states that have made the process illegal, they have also made voting more difficult to carry out.

We have seen - in recent years mostly Republicans, not so much in the past - the following:

1. state legislatures shutting down locations where a citizen could register to vote
  2. decreasing the number of voting sites
  3. eliminating or reducing the number of early voting days
  4. gerrymandering
  5. increasing requirements before a citizen can register to vote
All of these acts have taken place since the SCOTUS in 2013 struck down part of the Voting Rights Act in Shelby County v. Holder

Every one of the acts I have listed raises the barriers to mostly low-income people - that demographic which in recent years has primarily supported Democrats.

Why isn't voting day a paid holiday? If you want photo ID before voting, why would you increase the requirements to obtain a valid photo ID? Why shut down polling locations in low-income districts? Why use programmers to create new voting districts designed to decrease the power of low-income voters?

Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution makes voting a right and a privilege. Why are some people making that right more difficult to carry out?

You don't want mail-in voting, you don't want ballot harvesting; then make it easier for citizens to vote.

You never provided the evidence to prove what you claimed to begin with and now you go on to more trash-talking. Your emotional diatribe is bereft of fact and rational thought, leaving your claims unfounded with no need for further debate. See you on another thread.

You know he is going to use this as an excuse not to leave if he does lose right? i wonder how many of these Trump ball lickers will show up in Washington, gun in hand to stop the military from removing him.

If President Trump loses, he'll leave.

That's perhaps the worst created lie by the left.

Back
Top Bottom