• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Grassy Knoll

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The Grassy Knoll is pretty much the most famous meme and cliche for conspiracy theories. If you'd like to get a taste of how that happened, watch this interview. There are others saying similar things.

I have a question for people who know guns. There's a lot of talk about 'a puff of smoke' seen from pretty far after a shot. Would a rifle (we don't know the model) leave such a puff of smoke? These aren't the days of muskets. I don't recall modern rifles having such large smoke.

I have a question for people who know guns. There's a lot of talk about 'a puff of smoke' seen from pretty far after a shot. Would a rifle (we don't know the model) leave such a puff of smoke? These aren't the days of muskets. I don't recall modern rifles having such large smoke.
It depends on what type of gunpowder is in the shell, and how MUCH powder is in the shell. A round with a small charge of gunpowder will typically not leave a puff of smoke, whereas a high powered hunting rifle with a magnum shell will leave a considerable smoke discharge at the muzzle.

Especially since the advent of "smokeless powder" and flash eliminators on types of rifles one would expect a paid hit man to use. From behind the fence to the open limo was not an overly long shot but a moving car with one or two obstacles like a lamp post and possible speed limit signage passing through the sight picture, one would expect the shooter to use a semi-auto of a more modern vintage than the good-old Rem. 700 bolt action. I'm thinking the motorcycle officer with his open mic. picking up a report, that no suppressor was fitted but, don't know enough about suppressor mechanics of that period to rule one out.
Something made two motorcycle cops zero in on that hillside and fence. The Carcano would have issued a sharp bark and one would believe if that being the only report heard, those two officers would not have wasted any effort trying to get to that fence on their Harley's.

An utterly awful occurrence in America's history that deserves all redacted information to come out regardless of where the chips fall. JMH opinion is: there is not one person alive today, knowing anything whatsoever about that event and the subsequent history, that does not believe there was a massive cover-up of a conspiracy involving far more than a disgruntled ex-marine and his misbegotten political beliefs.

People who are larger than life simply can't die at the hands of a lone gunman. It just doesn't happen. Therefore anything or any one who concludes that is what happened is either lying or deluded.

287784767_10167321580125377_2690675746697864845_n.jpg

People who are larger than life simply can't die at the hands of a lone gunman. It just doesn't happen. Therefore anything or any one who concludes that is what happened is either lying or deluded.

View attachment 67490752
There are some things that cannot be tied up in a nice, neat package, adorned with a bow.

More questions than answers in this saga.

If we believe all the conspiracies the KGB, FBI, CIA, LBJ, The Cubans, the Mafia, MIC, and probably a dozen other alphabet soup agencies were involved.. 10,000+ people... But in 60+ years, nothing..

Oswald was the 1 and only shooter...

Especially since the advent of "smokeless powder" and flash eliminators on types of rifles one would expect a paid hit man to use. From behind the fence to the open limo was not an overly long shot but a moving car with one or two obstacles like a lamp post and possible speed limit signage passing through the sight picture

There was obstruction for Oswald, but almost none from the Grassy Knoll.

I'm thinking the motorcycle officer with his open mic. picking up a report, that no suppressor was fitted but, don't know enough about suppressor mechanics of that period to rule one out.

As I understand, the motorcycle officer with the open mic has been debunked - they were far from the assassination. However, the recording played the central role in the Congressional investigation in the 70's that concluded because of the recording that there were probably multiple shooters.

Something made two motorcycle cops zero in on that hillside and fence. The Carcano would have issued a sharp bark and one would believe if that being the only report heard, those two officers would not have wasted any effort trying to get to that fence on their Harley's.

I don't recall the scientific study of echoes at the location, but with their location, and three unexpected shots, it's pretty understandable they'd race at the nearest suspicious location. Another officer raced to the TSBD. Perhaps more notable is the contradictory witness information; look how sure this video witness sounds about the timing of the second and third shots.

An utterly awful occurrence in America's history that deserves all redacted information to come out regardless of where the chips fall. JMH opinion is: there is not one person alive today, knowing anything whatsoever about that event and the subsequent history, that does not believe there was a massive cover-up of a conspiracy involving far more than a disgruntled ex-marine and his misbegotten political beliefs.

The assassination is an incredibly complicated topic. But the bulk of the evidence points at 'Oswald alone', while there are remarkably suspicious facts and motives. This video is just meant to give a little taste of the topic. How can people not be suspicious seeing this credible witness say the Warren Commission claimed the opposite of his testimony?

This again ?

The most investigated murder of the 20th Century, yet no evidence except the obvious, Oswald killed the President.

I prefer to focus on the Presidents legacy, not his death at the hand of a lone gunman.

Along with 9/11, Jan 6, 2021, images of Mrs. Kennedy at the rear of the transport in her blood spattered Cbanel Suit are burnt into the national conscience. The facts remain, Oswald was a small man, who wanted to bigger, he got his wish.

If we believe all the conspiracies the KGB, FBI, CIA, LBJ, The Cubans, the Mafia, MIC, and probably a dozen other alphabet soup agencies were involved.. 10,000+ people... But in 60+ years, nothing..

Oswald was the 1 and only shooter...

Conspiracy theorist ignore the facts. The bullets came from the gun found on the 6th floor, Oswald was seen on the 6th floor minutes before. We know it was his rifle. Oswald fled the scene, killed an officer to escape being captured.

Use your brains folks, the facts speak for themselves.

There was obstruction for Oswald, but almost none from the Grassy Knoll.

As I understand, the motorcycle officer with the open mic has been debunked - they were far from the assassination. However, the recording played the central role in the Congressional investigation in the 70's that concluded because of the recording that there were probably multiple shooters.

I don't recall the scientific study of echoes at the location, but with their location, and three unexpected shots, it's pretty understandable they'd race at the nearest suspicious location. Another officer raced to the TSBD. Perhaps more notable is the contradictory witness information; look how sure this video witness sounds about the timing of the second and third shots.

The assassination is an incredibly complicated topic. But the bulk of the evidence points at 'Oswald alone', while there are remarkably suspicious facts and motives. This video is just meant to give a little taste of the topic. How can people not be suspicious seeing this credible witness say the Warren Commission claimed the opposite of his testimony?
Not to mention the eye witnesses in the Plaza who seen the gun pointing from the 6th floor, and the employees underneath in the windows who testified to the Warren Commision that gunshots came from above there floor.

Jeesh it's obvious

I'm still not discounting the possibility aliens did it.

We already know Ted Cruz' dad did it.

How about not posting idiotic comments that don't add anything. Talking to people who don't usually do that but are here.

Conspiracy theorist ignore the facts.

There are a lot of unexplained facts that point to a conspiracy. For example, why was someone impersonating Oswald in phone calls and visits to the Soviet and Cuban embassies in Mexico City in the weeks leading up to the assassination?

Back
Top Bottom