• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf, A Story the Progressive-Left Fails to Heed.

So you are absolving anyone who did not earn a million or more each year?

That's your right. I just don't know why you are doing so.

I'm not "absolving" anyone, but, again, I thought the guys in the corner offices making the big bucks and who fly around in private jets and claim credit with the going is good are actually, you know, RESPONSIBLE for the big strategic decisions of their firms.

What you're doing is putting signs on the CEO desks - "The buck stops down there" pointing to underlings. Or to the banks CUSTOMERS for taking the money they handed out like candy, etc.

I'm not "absolving" anyone, but, again, I thought the guys in the corner offices making the big bucks and who fly around in private jets and claim credit with the going is good are actually, you know, RESPONSIBLE for the big strategic decisions of their firms.

What you're doing is putting signs on the CEO desks - "The buck stops down there" pointing to underlings. Or to the banks CUSTOMERS for taking the money they handed out like candy, etc.

In what post did I absolve ANYONE?

To the contrary, I blamed EVERYONE.

In what post did I absolve ANYONE?

To the contrary, I blamed EVERYONE.

Yes, and if it's everyone's fault, it's no one's fault. That is exactly my point!

The homeowners in LA getting bombarded with ads to borrow $400k with a signature no doc loan aren't the people who caused the bank making that loan and loans totaling $billions and billions more to fail. It's the guys who approved the overall strategy, which is the CEO, the Board of Directors who failed their oversight, the VPs who designed a program of no doc loans to deadbeats, begged deadbeats to borrow money, then paid themselves like kings until the loans went bad, then blamed EVERYONE ELSE for the failure.

What those guys want is the credit and the fat paychecks when the going is good, then to blame someone else, anyone else, for the failures. Seriously, it's just nonsense. If they aren't DIRECTLY responsible for the big strategic decisions that fail, why are we paying CEOs 7 or 8 figures? They're nothing but figureheads.

Yes, and if it's everyone's fault, it's no one's fault. That is exactly my point!

The homeowners in LA getting bombarded with ads to borrow $400k with a signature no doc loan aren't the people who caused the bank making that loan and loans totaling $billions and billions more to fail. It's the guys who approved the overall strategy, which is the CEO, the Board of Directors who failed their oversight, the VPs who designed a program of no doc loans to deadbeats, begged deadbeats to borrow money, then paid themselves like kings until the loans went bad, then blamed EVERYONE ELSE for the failure.

What those guys want is the credit and the fat paychecks when the going is good, then to blame someone else, anyone else, for the failures. Seriously, it's just nonsense. If they aren't DIRECTLY responsible for the big strategic decisions that fail, why are we paying CEOs 7 or 8 figures? They're nothing but figureheads.

You accept my premise with your examples.

And, in passing, if it's everyone's fault, then it's everyone's fault.

As was said by many in my youth, "If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the cause".

In this case, we were all complicit.

Back
Top Bottom