• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Assassination of Donald Trump[W:36]

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
BEN STEIN: The Assassination of Donald Trump: Except It’s Not Working. “The left will beat and beat and huff and puff. But it’s a different world now. Again… The people who elected Trump don’t remotely believe he’s a racist and they’re sick of hearing it anyway. This Trump guy. He’s not a sensitive soul like Nixon. He knows how pitifully jealous the media people are. He owes them nothing. He sneers at them. He’s moving them out of the White House. It’s brilliant. He’s making real the truth of now. The media are not good guys by and large. They’re jealous snobs.”

They huff and puff and clutch their pearls. They are so funny in their impotence. My shadenfreude-o-meter is close to getting worn out from all the activity. One tweet from Trump blows their 5000 word stories to pieces. It's marvelous to watch.

Re: The Assassination of Donald Trump

Anyone who advocates the assassination of the President-elect needs to be in a psyche-ward.

Anyone who advocates the assassination of the President-elect needs to be in a psyche-ward.
agreed, i don't care for the moron , but i don't wish him physical harm

They huff and puff and clutch their pearls. They are so funny in their impotence. My shadenfreude-o-meter is close to getting worn out from all the activity. One tweet from Trump blows their 5000 word stories to pieces. It's marvelous to watch.

I noticed that about Right Wing communication. 140 character responses to issues that require a minimum of 8 years of college to fully understand. I guess some day you all will realize why that is.

But, I expect it will take many many years before you all figure it out.

Rhetorical garbage headline.

Rhetorical garbage article.

No, President-Elect Trump is not being "assassinated". How you could possibly accuse tens of millions of your fellows of such a crime is beyond my ability to explain.

Rhetorical garbage headline.

Rhetorical garbage article.

No, President-Elect Trump is not being "assassinated". How you could possibly accuse tens of millions of your fellows of such a crime is beyond my ability to explain.

I believe Stein used the term as a metaphor for media attempts to destroy Trump's presidency before it even gets started.

It won't happen. With the interwebz these days, too many people are too well informed.

I believe Stein used the term as a metaphor for media attempts to destroy Trump's presidency before it even gets started.

Umm... there was no metaphor. If someone is assassinated, that means they were murdered.

I noticed that about Right Wing communication. 140 character responses to issues that require a minimum of 8 years of college to fully understand. I guess some day you all will realize why that is.

So we are talking at MOST about only 9% of Americans who can possibly understand the "issues" Mr. Trump is responding to via tweets? Since 8 year degrees seem to be your measure of comprehension.

the percentage who had completed a master’s or higher degree increased from 5 percent in 1995 to 9 percent in 2015.
https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=27

Of course, that may be an over-estimation:

According to U.S. Census 2013 data, 1.68 percent of Americans over the age of 25 have a PhD.
https://www.reference.com/education/percentage-americans-phd-2508f1120884e2a3

I guess that means these pundits are constantly talking over the heads of the "average American citizen." Small wonder so many prefer twitter responses to wading through all that B/S. :coffeepap:

Last edited:

I don't think it was intended to mean a real assassination but rather in the political sense

Umm... there was no metaphor. If someone is assassinated, that means they were murdered.

Never heard of "Character assassination"? The article is about the MSM trying to smear Trump and ruin his reputation which by definition is "Character assassination", he just dropped the character part for click bait and create a flashy headline.

So we are talking at MOST about only 9% of Americans who can possibly understand the "issues" Mr. Trump is responding to via tweets? Since 8 year degrees seem to be your measure of comprehension.

I guess that means these pundits are constantly talking over the heads of the "average American citizen." Small wonder so many prefer twitter responses to wading through all that B/S. :coffeepap:

But wait...wouldn't you have to have 8 years of college per subject? Right? Like 8 years for foreign relations; 8 years for education; 8 years for environmental sciences; 8 years for biology; 8 years for law; 8 years for medicine; ect, ect, ect...

Never heard of "Character assassination"? The article is about the MSM trying to smear Trump and ruin his reputation which by definition is "Character assassination", he just dropped the character part for click bait and create a flashy headline.

I have, but they seem to have intentionally dropped the "Character" part of that to make a rhetorical point. That is the cheap ploy that i'm condemning.

Whew, good thing I spent nine years in college.

The media is a business. What are you buying?

Do you disagree that only a very small percentage of people truly understand climate change--you know, like the scientists who actually study it? Or are you a fan of the trolls and other Google U experts who deny it?

Trump has already done a thorough job at assassinating his own character. Nobody on the left can change that.

That eliminates 91% of the people on this entire forum.

Nice work! :lamo

Look, I can understand quibbling with the sensational nature of the article title, but it's intent and reference is absolutely clear.

Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of or encountered the notion of "Character Assassination", which is clearly what the "assassination" in this case is referencing once you read even a smidgen of the article?

Yes, it's a sensationalized title. But if you think it is in any way suggesting or implying that people are trying to assassinate him in the "physically killing" variety, then I'd greatly question your comprehension of the article. To be frank, your dishonest and pathetic attempt to treat this as if they were actively accusing people of actual assassination is a similarly sensational and ridiculous take. So congrats, you're in good company with the creator of the article, making it all the more ironic that you're criticizing it so strongly.

Isn't it amazing how liberals have lost the ability to comprehend the English language in order to justify their never ending pearl-clutching crusade?

Metaphor? Simile? Allegory? Rhetorical device? Hyperbole? When Donald Trump announced his presidency on June 16, 2015, the selectively lost the ability to comprehend these things.

That eliminates 91% of the people on this entire forum.

Nice work! :lamo

When someone makes a comment like Low: Trump's tweets blow away a 5000 word essay; it's usually a case where the 100 character tweet makes more sense to them because the essay went whoosh over their head.

Tldnr version: a comment made out of ignorance.

Use a brown paper bag if you need to, but calm the **** down. You're wrong.

Liberals can't do metaphors. They have to take everything literally. But hey, those pearls aren't going to clutch themselves.

Liberals can't do metaphors. They have to take everything literally. But hey, those pearls aren't going to clutch themselves.

Rightwingers should be the ones most upset, yet I saw what it was right off the bat.

When someone makes a comment like Low: Trump's tweets blow away a 5000 word essay; it's usually a case where the 100 character tweet makes more sense to them because the essay went whoosh over their head.

Tldnr version: a comment made out of ignorance.

Word count isn't a measure of quality of thought.

I have undone your 253 character post in a mere 50 characters.

Back
Top Bottom