• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Art of the Con

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Many years ago a Salesman sold me something that wasn't worth Squat and he sounded a hell of a lot like Trump-- that's what struck me when I hear Trump pitch something.

Last edited:
Donald Trump is a Hall of Fame bull**** artist, and it amazes me how many people actually believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Oh, and he's been a Russian asset since 1987. So there's that.

Many years ago a Salesman sold me something that wasn't worth Squat and he sounded a hell of a lot like Trump-- that's what struck me when I hear Trump pitch something.

This video has shown me that the Trump is less stupid than I though.

Still crap.

The moral of the story that the video doesn't address is the lesson that people should apply to EVERY politician...not just Trump. And that is...pay less attention to what they say (or, even, how they say it) and pay more attention to what they do. Often times what they do turns out to be in direct contradiction to what they say. And then, they need to say more stuff to get you to accept their unacceptable actions.

So far, Trump has been doing exactly what he said he wants to do (except in the case of things that depend upon supporting actions from Congress).

Too, too late you guys are beginning to figure this out.

Let me warn you, though. Even if you think you know how Trump works it is still hard to anticipate him. He operates on a different level. Maybe not a higher level, but different.

The moral of the story that the video doesn't address is the lesson that people should apply to EVERY politician...not just Trump. And that is...pay less attention to what they say (or, even, how they say it) and pay more attention to what they do. Often times what they do turns out to be in direct contradiction to what they say. And then, they need to say more stuff to get you to accept their unacceptable actions.

So far, Trump has been doing exactly what he said he wants to do (except in the case of things that depend upon supporting actions from Congress).

There are some people so blind however, that not even a king with both eyes can help them.

They like to hang on every exact word that Trump says and take them as literal as possible, or even as far out of context as they can feasibly pull them. He's doing far better than most of us could imagine he would be able to, especially with how split congress has been on its ability to make decisions.

At this rate, he is well onto a second vote from me.

There are some people so blind however, that not even a king with both eyes can help them.

They like to hang on every exact word that Trump says and take them as literal as possible, or even as far out of context as they can feasibly pull them. He's doing far better than most of us could imagine he would be able to, especially with how split congress has been on its ability to make decisions.

At this rate, he is well onto a second vote from me.

Especially if he keeps focusing on the problems he outlined in his campaign.

MAGA

Too, too late you guys are beginning to figure this out.

Let me warn you, though. Even if you think you know how Trump works it is still hard to anticipate him. He operates on a different level. Maybe not a higher level, but different.

They think Trump is a shyster because he doesn't use the shyster language they're use to. Priceless.

They think Trump is a shyster because he doesn't use the shyster language they're use to. Priceless.

That gave me a good laugh to start the day. By comparison its akin to saying a hooker who can service fifty clients a day is not your usual hooker...

........... because she is much much worse.

That gave me a good laugh to start the day. By comparison its akin to saying a hooker who can service fifty clients a day is not your usual hooker...

I’m having a hard time getting to this newly renewed emphasis on morality of the left. So y’all think paying for sex is bad now?

But a man dressed like a woman in the little girl’s room is OK. So confusing.

As long as she doing what her customers [voters] want....

I’m having a hard time getting to this newly renewed emphasis on morality of the left. So y’all think paying for sex is bad now?

But a man dressed like a woman in the little girl’s room is OK. So confusing.

It's a conundrum. ;)

Donald Trump is a Hall of Fame bull**** artist, and it amazes me how many people actually believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Oh, and he's been a Russian asset since 1987. So there's that.

He is certainly an Israeli asset as he demonstrated in Jerusalem and elsewhere, but neither you nor Mueller have been able to make the case he is a Russian asset. Words are cheap, and propaganda everywhere.

yeah, and in your "except...." well, you can drive a truck through that one.

"I'm not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican, and I'm not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid,"

He flipped on that one.

NBCNEWS:
Trump promised ethics and lobbying reform in October, vowing to institute a five-year ban on executive branch officials taking lobbying roles after they leave government service, and encourage Congress to do the same. “It’s time to drain the swamp in Washington, D.C,” Trump said then, vowing to make government “honest once again.”

Six of his cabinet members have abused tax pay dollars to enrich themselves as a corrupt cabinet like no cabinet in history that I can recall.

As president, Trump signed an executive order mandating executive branch staffers to pledge to never lobby on behalf of foreign governments, and refrain from lobbying domestically for five years after leaving the White House.

But he made it easier for lobbyists to work in his White House, weakening an Obama-era restriction that barred past lobbyists from working in the agencies they sought to change for two years.

During the campaign, Trump exclaimed that he would assign China with currency manipulator status.

But, after one meeting with China president he acquiesced and said "China is not a currency manipulator".

Trump flip-flopped on interest rates repeatedly during the campaign. The Wall Street Journal captured his vacillating views on the issue, with the then-candidate suggesting at various times that the Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellin was keeping rates “artificially low” to boost President Barack Obama and that it was creating a “very false a economy,” while other times saying he supported low interest rates.

As president, Trump staked out a less conspiratorial view in April, saying the U.S. dollar “is getting too strong” and he’d prefer the Reserve keep interest rates low.

Current position: Low interest rates are good.

During the campaign, Trump slammed the Ex-Im bank as "featherbedding for politicians and others, and a few companies. And these are companies that can do very well without it." He insisted he was against the bank that helps foreign buyers buy American exports.

“Instinctively, you would say, ‘Isn’t that a ridiculous thing,’” Trump told the Wall Street Journal, arguing that smaller companies are also aided by the bank and that because other countries do it, the U.S. should too. “But actually, it’s a very good thing. And it actually makes money, it could make a lot of money."

And there are plenty more.

Donald Trump is the Babe Ruth of Bull ****!

Trump said he would not cut his own taxes and instead signed a bill that saves him and his family a billion dollars over a decade while creating trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see. Trump said his healthcare plan would be "great" for everybody and instead is on a course to kick millions off their insurance. It is what Trump does that is most concerning, his words mean nothing. Well except to make the President of the US into a ignoramus who has no concept of truthfulness.

Last edited:
Trump said he would not cut his own taxes and instead signed a bill that saves him and his family a billion dollars over a decade while creating trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see.

He didn't "cut his own taxes". He cut EVERYONE'S taxes. I guess you think he should have made sure the tax reform bill applied to everyone except him, right?

Trump said his healthcare plan would be "great" for everybody and instead is on a course to kick millions off their insurance. It is what Trump does that is most concerning, his words mean nothing. Well except to make the President of the US into a ignoramus who has no concept of truthfulness.

This falls under that "except" thing in my post. It was up to Congress.

So he's using shyster language afforded the common man it's still shyster nevertheless

He didn't "cut his own taxes". He cut EVERYONE'S taxes. I guess you think he should have made sure the tax reform bill applied to everyone except him, right?

This falls under that "except" thing in my post. It was up to Congress.

Trump said he would not cut taxes on the wealthy and instead signed a bill where 90% of the benefits go to 1% of the population and yes him and his family benefit most. Do you think that is fair?

1. The cuts for the middle class are meager and temporary

Trump promised a “massive” 35 percent tax cut for America’s middle class, but the final bill lowers taxes for middle-income earners by about 10 percent and only for eight years, as they are set to expire in 2025.
2. There will be significant tax cuts for the ultra-wealthy

“This is going to cost me a fortune, this thing, believe me,” Trump told supporters of the tax plan at a rally in late November. “This is not good for me.... I think my accountants are going crazy right now.”

It’s a talking point the president used frequently while working to get the tax cuts through Congress. He would say his rich friends were calling him up and saying they hate him, because the wealthy were not going to benefit from the cuts.

But high-income individuals actually receive the bulk of the cuts in the final version of the bill. The bill cuts the top income tax rate and the alternative minimum tax, which ensures that the ultra-wealthy pay at least a little bit to the Internal Revenue Service each year. The rate cuts for pass-through businesses, the corporate rate cut and the estate tax exemption also aid the richest Americans.

The largest cuts as a share of income will go to taxpayers in the 95th to 99th percentiles of income distribution.

Trump?s Broken Promises: GOP Tax Bill Fills Wealthy People?s Pockets, Takes Money From Middle Class, Poor

This does not have to be about morality. This is about performance. Trump was badly outplayed in Singapore for example because all he really wanted out of Singapore was a domestic political win. He is not even going to get that. But in the meantime, he has made concessions and he has dragged the same US flag he so argued for with the NFL players through the mud. He gave KJU several tools he could use internationally and domestically and we got NOTHING.

Morality my butt end. Now Trump is stuck backpedaling and lying through his teeth again. I am expecting the same sort of horse dung out of the Putin meeting. But of course the Right simply does not care because the Right is now nothing more than an ideological footprint with one goal and one goal only. As long as it thinks it is making headway toward that one goal, they could give a rats behind how much the country and its flag are dragged through the mud.

Trump said he would not cut taxes on the wealthy and instead signed a bill where 90% of the benefits go to 1% of the population and yes him and his family benefit most. Do you think that is fair?

Trump?s Broken Promises: GOP Tax Bill Fills Wealthy People?s Pockets, Takes Money From Middle Class, Poor

Who wrote the tax bill? Not Trump. He took what he could get. He wanted something different. This also falls under that "except" thing in my post.

In any case, I reject the spinning drivel from Newsweek. It's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Oh...and that "temporary" thing? You can blame the Congressional Democrats for that. They own it.

Who wrote the tax bill? Not Trump. He took what he could get. He wanted something different. This also falls under that "except" thing in my post.

In any case, I reject the spinning drivel from Newsweek. It's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Oh...and that "temporary" thing? You can blame the Congressional Democrats for that. They own it.

I should have known you are not interested in a debate and only what to give excuses for the pathetic excuse for a man you helped elect. Men who lie all the time are not worth defending, yet you do so day after day. What does that make you? Even worse that he is IMO.

Back
Top Bottom