• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The anti-God democrat party strikes again

That's as in depth as you care to go? Oh, please, do elaborate. You talk about this "behaviour" - seriously, what is wrong with it? Except there are some obscure lines in the Bible that have been interpreted as forbidding it for no reason at all?

No point in wasting my time or yours expounding the very clear, and not obscure verses of scripture in both Old and New Testaments. You have chosen your course in life. Live it with the knowledge that there will be an end to it. "It is appointed unto men once to die, and then judgment." I don't know what your opinion about that, but when it happens your opinion won't worth a plug nickel.

Common sense goes a long way. Procreation is a key to "sexual orientation". Does sodomy between two men seem natural/normal to you? Does that particular act ever produce children? Is there any way that two men or two women can produce children through a "normal sexual act"? No, because homosexual sex isn't normal/natural. It is sexual perversion.

We use the KJV Bible. If there are errors in the translation, etc., surely the scriptures concerning homosexual behavior are very clear in the Hebrew and the Greek.

The word "homosexual" didn't appear in any translations of the Bible until the 20th century

Modern Translations From Ideology — Malakoi & Arsenokoitai

There are three passages in the New Testament associated with same-sex behavior. Two are in*1 Corinthians 6:9-10 and one in 1 Timothy 1:9-10. The passages contain two Greek words,*arsenokoitai*and*malakoi,*crucial to understanding the intent of the verses, yet challenging to translate into modern-day English. Consequently, not all English Bibles agree on how the words*malakoi*and*arsenokoitai*should be translated.*

n the culture in which*arsenokoitai*originated, the meaning was closest either to pederasty or to a man engaged in exploitative sex with a male with some sort of trade or money involved.

Arsenokoitai, for the first time,*was translated in the 1946 Revised Standard Version (RSV) of the Bible as “homosexual.” This meant that the translation changed the meaning of the original word from a condemnation of*any kind of man who played the dominant role in sex with another male*to a condemnation of*one*specific kind of man—a gay person. . . . it does not refer to women in any way.*

Older translations for*malakoi*are:
weaklings (1525)
effeminate (1582, 1901)
those who make women of themselves (1890)
the sensual (1951)

author of the article is not me
ABOUT CANYONWALKER | KATHY | Canyonwalker Connections -- LGBTQ Advocacy
I’m a straight Evangelical Christian walking a path with God and striving to follow the examples of Jesus. In 1984, within one month of returning to a faith community after a 15 year hiatus, I*became a Christian.

Most European language Bibles translated “arsenokoitai” as “boy molesters”, pederasts.

The word "homosexual" didn't appear in any translations of the Bible until the 20th century

author of the article is not me

Most European language Bibles translated “arsenokoitai” as “boy molesters”, pederasts.

The author of the article is in error. There are obviously more than two scriptural references to same sex behavior. The word fornication is an interesting word. It means simply sexual sin. The Bible says to flee from fornication. What are examples of sexual sin? Like I said, common sense goes a long way.

Rom 1:27* And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.*
Rom 1:28* And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;*

And likewise the men ... - The sin which is here specified is what was the shameful sin of Sodom, and which from that has been called sodomy. It would scarcely be credible that man had been guilty of a crime so base and so degrading, unless there was ample and full testimony to it. Perhaps there is no sin which so deeply shows the depravity of man as this; none which would so much induce one “to hang his head, and blush to think himself a man.” And yet the evidence that the apostle did not bring a railing accusation against the pagan world; that he did not advance a charge which was unfounded, is too painfully clear. It has been indeed a matter of controversy whether paederastry, or the love of boys, among the ancients was not a pure and harmless love, but the evidence is against it.

Last edited:
The author of the article is in error. There are obviously more than two scriptural references to same sex behavior. The word fornication is an interesting word. It means simply sexual sin. The Bible says to flee from fornication. What are examples of sexual sin? Like I said, common sense goes a long way.

Rom 1:27* And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.*
Rom 1:28* And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;*

And likewise the men ... - The sin which is here specified is what was the shameful sin of Sodom, and which from that has been called sodomy. It would scarcely be credible that man had been guilty of a crime so base and so degrading, unless there was ample and full testimony to it. Perhaps there is no sin which so deeply shows the depravity of man as this; none which would so much induce one “to hang his head, and blush to think himself a man.” And yet the evidence that the apostle did not bring a railing accusation against the pagan world; that he did not advance a charge which was unfounded, is too painfully clear. It has been indeed a matter of controversy whether paederastry, or the love of boys, among the ancients was not a pure and harmless love, but the evidence is against it.

I disagree with your uneducated response on the translation of the Greek words.

When one reads ALL of Romans 1, one just might see the excoriation of certain individuals by Paul as being focused on those who had been members of the Roman gathering and not of those who remained in disbelief over the resurrection of an itinerant preacher.

Then I may offer a bit of 'whataboutism' from the Old Testament - Numbers 31 KJV.
31 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.

3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the Lord of Midian.
(. . .)
12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

13 And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.

14 And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.

15 And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord.

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Nice god you bow down to. It seems to enjoy killing people - including children.

No point in wasting my time or yours expounding the very clear, and not obscure verses of scripture in both Old and New Testaments. You have chosen your course in life. Live it with the knowledge that there will be an end to it. "It is appointed unto men once to die, and then judgment." I don't know what your opinion about that, but when it happens your opinion won't worth a plug nickel.

Hmm, so you're basically saying, who cares what I think, because at some time in the future, like everyone else, I will die. Not exactly the comeback I was expecting.

If you had children would homosexuality be your preferred sexual orientation for them? Would you prefer that they be gay? Honest answer please.

I have a daughter. Lesbian is my preferred sexual orientation for her because that is what she wants. Tread lightly crunch.

I can't believe this thread is still on.

The solution to this Debate is quite simple.

You do not have to belong to any certain political party to have faith in God.

I am an Independent voter currently leaning Democrat I still have faith in God.
When I was a die hard Democrat I had faith in God I did not leave the Democratic party because of Religious reasons.,

No human being on the face of the Earth can judge another based upon their faith in God or what they do, That only God can do which he will when any human's death comes..

One final note God; he ain't into politics.

Anybody that thought he might be has a bad track record as you can see below.

Revolutionary War British God is on our side lost the War.
World War 1 Germany "God is on our side " lost the War.
Civil War Confederate States of America "God is on our side" lost the War.

Now I could go on but why bother the evidence is there.
What next ? Perhaps the old the God I worship is better than the God you worship?????:peace

Back
Top Bottom