• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas students launch 'No Whites Allowed' magazine

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10580

[h=2]A group of students at the University of Texas, San Antonio plans to start publishing a “No Whites Allowed” (NWA) magazine.[/h][h=2]White people are welcome to attend the launch party Thursday night, but while their support is "appreciated," the founders insist that "it's a zine for QPOC and by QPOC [queer persons of color]."[/h]

ffs, this madness has to stop.

America has gone tribal; you stay in your space & I'll stay in my space.

What should we really expect since the Democrats & the Republicans have divided the nation to extremes?

This is just a natural progression of a nation that is driven from within by division coming directly from the two main political parties in the nation.

Why does this concern you? It's a newspaper launch. If they want to reduce their readership potential, that's on them.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It doesn't I just wanted to express faux outrage... :roll:

It doesn't I just wanted to express faux outrage... :roll:
Well that tends to go without saying.

What should we really expect since the Democrats & the Republicans have divided the nation to extremes?

This is just a natural progression of a nation that is driven from within by division coming directly from the two main political parties in the nation.

It will be near impossible to bring us back together, maybe a nice Big War will do the trick, or not. Thinking the Grand Experiment has run it's course and a divorce is in the future.

It will be near impossible to bring us back together, maybe a nice Big War will do the trick, or not. Thinking the Grand Experiment has run it's course and a divorce is in the future.

I told folks when I was a teenager that if a nuclear war did not happen the US would most certainly have another civil war but that it would not be about one issue; it would be more like Mad Max ........ we're getting closer ......... to both .........

That's been my view for some time. Those that are at the top are grabbing all they can before the place comes unglued!

She makes it seem like the trouble is people not understanding what "no whites allowed" means:

Student Kayla Ramey further elaborated on the event’s purpose in a comment.

“I keep having to make this post but I'll try it one last time so everyone clearly understands. The name of the zine is No Whites Allowed. It's a zine for QPOC and by QPOC,” Ramey wrote, noting that while “white people are welcome to come to the event,” the “main goal is to celebrate and empower people that society routinely ignores and rejects.”

Does she really think people don't understand that?

The real problem is that people do understand it, and she actually confirms what they understand:

“Support from white people and heterosexual people is appreciated but is not necessary for the success of this event,” she continued, stating in a second comment that “inclusion is not inherently good, and exclusion is not inherently bad.”

Not to worry I called the Campus and they said you are more than welcome to attend....:lamo By the way that looks like a credible website. Do you believe everything you read on the Web or only those things that fit your world view!

You've never been to Campus reform? It's a great site, and since they link everything you can ya know, fact check them. Please feel free to show the site is wrong.

Now that I have blasted your pointless attack on the source into smithereens, any comment on the substance?

I told folks when I was a teenager that if a nuclear war did not happen the US would most certainly have another civil war but that it would not be about one issue; it would be more like Mad Max ........ we're getting closer ......... to both .........

Yeup, and why some of us do as much as we can to be as prepared as we can in the event of any emergency that may come our way. Not planning is planning to fail.

Why does this concern you? It's a newspaper launch. If they want to reduce their readership potential, that's on them.

It's not so much concerning (the world is full of idiots) as it is counterproductive to a society where we judge others by their acts and not their skin color.

I understand that the organizers of this newsletter feel as though whites have excluded them in the past, but two wrongs never make a right. When groups like this pop up, you'll soon find counter-groups popping up.

In the end, it's up to them whether they decide that discrimination is okay, but, if they do, they certainly cannot complain when a counter-group pops up that discriminates against them.

What goes around tends to come around.

That's been my view for some time. Those that are at the top are grabbing all they can before the place comes unglued!

It kinda looks that way, and the sheep will discover the truth waaaay too late.

Because, such flamboyant means of racism concerns me?
Especially when its done so out in the open and accepted.

If a student newspaper said "No Blacks Allowed" I would be equally, possibly even moreso concerned.

It's not so much concerning (the world is full of idiots) as it is counterproductive to a society where we judge others by their acts and not their skin color.

I understand that the organizers of this newsletter feel as though whites have excluded them in the past, but two wrongs never make a right. When groups like this pop up, you'll soon find counter-groups popping up.

In the end, it's up to them whether they decide that discrimination is okay, but, if they do, they certainly cannot complain when a counter-group pops up that discriminates against them.

What goes around tends to come around.

There are those who will defend this as "punching up" vs. "punching down." They believe that those whom they perceive to be the "underclass" have the right to attack, exclude, etc., members of the "ruling class," while the opposite is not true and is outrageous. It's because of the "privilege" of the "ruling class."

That, of course, is not equality. Equality is everyone being held to the same standard. This is just a shifting of who gets the privilege.

I hate to say it, but I've got to give some agreement here.

The parties support division at the least, and actively foment it at worst.

Perhaps even worse is the recent propensity for 100% idealogical party purity. This first manifested itself of sorts with the GOP "Hastert rule". Of course Hastert was a pervert, who was subsequently jailed over actions related to his perversity, but unfortunately even that didn't cause the GOP pause to examine the ideology of his rule.

We've had the racists over at Stormfront (who are greatly enthusiastic about our current president) for how long? We've got a president who chose an avowed white nationalist as his senior adviser. We've had GOP voter-ID initiatives and GOP gerrymandering both struck down because it was proven in court that they were racially motivated.

And where's the outrage by conservatives about this racism infesting our nation's government? *crickets*

But when there's a "no whites allowed" magazine by a group of students...suddenly it's STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

*sigh*

We've had the racists over at Stormfront (who are greatly enthusiastic about our current president) for how long? We've got a president who chose an avowed white nationalist as his senior adviser. We've had GOP voter-ID initiatives and GOP gerrymandering both struck down because it was proven in court that they were racially motivated.

And where's the outrage by conservatives about this racism infesting our nation's government? *crickets*

But when there's a "no whites allowed" magazine by a group of students...suddenly it's STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

*sigh*

This isn't a thread about your TDS, create your own if that's your focus.

what madness?
and why must it be ended?

Division based on race, I don';t care whose doing it. If a paper came out "No Whites Allowed" people would rightly go ape****, and they should here as well.

*sigh*

My theory is that the government is not racist so much as you just tend to see racism behind every unturned stone so you think everyone does. I would suggest that you stop going to that Stromfront site that you say is full of racism. Why do you go there anyway? I wouldn't waste my time visiting a site like that.

Perhaps just join the real world and see how nice most people really are.

I do like that Renae is cool with Russian meddling and Trump.

But this tiny minority of "queer people of color" in a school social group....THIS MADNESS MUST STOP!!!

Can't fix stupid.

As to the group, OK. And? It's college. Didn't you go to college? Its full of kids being kids, it's the first time many live away from home, and have the least number of rules they have had their entire life. Or is college a big spooky unknown to you? They say the best way to remove your fear, is to learn about it....

Division based on race, I don';t care whose doing it. If a paper came out "No Whites Allowed" people would rightly go ape****, and they should here as well.

how many elected white folks are members of the black congressional caucus

some groups have problems that are unique to their tribe

while all lives matter, there was a perception that a 'black lives matter' cause was needed

was that an inappropriate organization to form

and the cited article reveals that this magazine/rollout was conducted without the approval/support of the college many of the participants attend

Back
Top Bottom