• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas lawmaker Jessica Farrar wants men fined for masturbating

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Texas lawmaker Jessica Farrar wants men fined for masturbating - BBC News

[h=2]'If it's good for the goose...'[/h]Jessica Farrar, a Democratic member of the Texas House of Representatives, submitted House Bill number 4260 last week. She knows it will never become law. Indeed, it is unlikely to make it far at all.
But she argues it is no more extreme than the restrictions put on women by the state of Texas when it comes to choosing whether or not to end their pregnancy.

What the hell is in the water in Texas??? :shock:

I understand the concept of being extreme to make a point, but holy hell. Come on.

Only in Texas....

It a troll bill meant to make fun of conservative men that are opposed to abortion.

She doesn't seem to know all that much about conservatives when she declares that the bill will make it possible for doctors to refuse service to men like somehow that will make them freak out. I wonder if she realizes that some conservative men actually think people should be free to deny service? I doubt it. Telling people that your bill takes a step towards their goals is only going to get them to agree and perhaps suggest a little more in that direction.

I wonder if she realizes that women also masturbate. Maybe she's like Queen Victoria (who refused to believe that women could be gay).

I wonder if she realizes that women also masturbate. Maybe she's like Queen Victoria (who refused to believe that women could be gay).

She's running with the troll argument "all sperm are sacred" when she attacks male masturbation. Of course, if she understood biology should realize how stupid that argument is.

She's running with the troll argument "all sperm are sacred" when she attacks male masturbation. Of course, if she understood biology should realize how stupid that argument is.

I've lost count of how often posters here have said that same absolute idiocy. Ignorance of basic scientific fact is rampant, and the pro-abortion movement is perhaps the most concentrated source of ignorance in the known universe.

I've lost count of how often posters here have said that same absolute idiocy. Ignorance of basic scientific fact is rampant, and the pro-abortion movement is perhaps the most concentrated source of ignorance in the known universe.

Yup, they apparently don't know much about sperm in general. Do they know that 1,500 sperm are created a second? Do they know that the vast majority of sperm die before ever leaving the man's body? Do they know that good percentage of germline stem cells never become sperm cells and that others turn back into germline cells? Do they realize that sperm not dying would be very bad?

On a related note, it is insane that scientists want to stop germline stem sells from becoming sperm as a way to make a male birth control pill as that would likely lead to the germline stem cell population being too high and thus raise the risk of testicular cancer.

Seems like a gigantic waste of time and taxpayer money, just so someone can get their name in the paper.

If you're pro-life and a Texan I could understand why you would say that. Pro-life Texas legislators make women's life a living hell by constantly attempting to create oppressive laws.

All I can say is: **** them and the horse they rode in on!

The bill about masturbation was making a mockery of the nonsense these authoritarian quacks who really do waste taxpayers money.

If you're pro-life and a Texan I could understand why you would say that.
I'm pro-life and pro-choice (choice for everyone and my choice would be life) and I'm not a Texan. I am, however, a fan of maturity and not wasting people's time. If only more people were like me...

All I can say is: **** them and the horse they rode in on!
Is that why you supported Republicans voting over 50 times to repeal Obamacare?

The bill about masturbation was making a mockery of the nonsense these authoritarian quacks who really do waste taxpayers money.
And, in doing so, was an insincere legislative action, which wasted time and money. Right?

So why is it okay for the side you like to waste time and money and not the other side? Why is it okay to waste money for mocking people, but not for trying to make the world better (at least in their eyes)? Don't get me wrong, I don't support the antics of many Texas legislators to perform an end-around on Roe v. Wade, but I also don't like someone else wasting time and money just so she can get her name in the paper. I want adults to act like adults, not children. Don't you?

I'm pro-life and pro-choice (choice for everyone and my choice would be life) and I'm not a Texan. I am, however, a fan of maturity and not wasting people's time. If only more people were like me...

Is that why you supported Republicans voting over 50 times to repeal Obamacare?

And, in doing so, was an insincere legislative action, which wasted time and money. Right?

So why is it okay for the side you like to waste time and money and not the other side? Why is it okay to waste money for mocking people, but not for trying to make the world better (at least in their eyes)? Don't get me wrong, I don't support the antics of many Texas legislators to perform an end-around on Roe v. Wade, but I also don't like someone else wasting time and money just so she can get her name in the paper. I want adults to act like adults, not children. Don't you?

WTF are you talking about?

Copy and past any posts where I have supported Republicans to repeal Obamacare...even once.

Obviously you do support all of the backdoor ways that the Right in the Texas legislature and the 5th Circuit Court of Appleals have, time and time again, have attempted to undermine women's rights to control their reproductive roles and maintain important services like PP.

And as a non-Texan you really don't have any sense of what Texas legislators have done to undermine the health care needs in the Great State of Insanity - AKA - Texas.

I am a native Texan and I clearly know which faction is wasting resources for the most nonsensical, authoritarian bull****.

WTF are you talking about?

Copy and past any posts where I have supported Republicans to repeal Obamacare...even once.
I'm sure you haven't. That's my point. I strongly suspect you would consider the 50+ attempts by Republicans to repeal Obamacare during the Obama Administration nothing more than a waste of time since it was never going to happen (and it was most definitely a waste of time and money). It was nothing more than an attempt by Republicans to waste time and taxpayer money, all so they could get their name in the paper. Right?

I strongly suspect you would agree with me on that. All the Republican attempts during the Obama Adminstration to repeal Obamacare was a waste of time and money...just like this piece of legislation is. You can't have two standards, one for those you agree with and one for those you don't.

Obviously you do support all of the backdoor ways that the Right in the Texas legislature and the 5th Circuit Court of Appleals have, time and time again, have attempted to undermine women's rights to control their reproductive roles and maintain important services like PP.
No, I don't and there are plenty of threads on this forum you can use to confirm my position on this.

But just because I think Republicans in Texas are acting immaturely, that doesn't mean I should support a Democrat who is acting immaturely. And that's what you're trying to argue. You're trying to argue it's okay to waste taxpayer money for "mockery" because you like the side who is doing the mocking. And I'm stating it's stupid no matter who is doing it.

And as a non-Texan you really don't have any sense of what Texas legislators have done to undermine the health care needs in the Great State of Insanity - AKA - Texas.
I read these forums quite regularly, I'm very aware of the general situation. And as someone who lives in an increasingly red state myself, I'm dealing with those same stupidities.

But I still won't cheer when a legislator waste our money with a piece of legislation which has no intention of being passed.

I am a native Texan and I clearly know which faction is wasting resources for the most nonsensical, authoritarian bull****.
That's great...you obviously don't support Republicans wasting resources...do you support Democrats wasting resources? I don't support ANYONE wasting taxpayer money and time and that's been my point throughout. Do you feel the same? Or is it only a problem when Republicans are wasting time and money?

Last edited:
I'm sure you haven't. That's my point. I strongly suspect you would consider the 50+ attempts by Republicans to repeal Obamacare during the Obama Administration nothing more than a waste of time since it was never going to happen (and it was most definitely a waste of time and money). It was nothing more than an attempt by Republicans to waste time and taxpayer money, all so they could get their name in the paper. Right?

I strongly suspect you would agree with me on that. All the Republican attempts during the Obama Adminstration to repeal Obamacare was a waste of time and money...just like this piece of legislation is. You can't have two standards, one for those you agree with and one for those you don't.

No, I don't and there are plenty of threads on this forum you can use to confirm my position on this.

But just because I think Republicans in Texas are acting immaturely, that doesn't mean I should support a Democrat who is acting immaturely. And that's what you're trying to argue. You're trying to argue it's okay to waste taxpayer money for "mockery" because you like the side who is doing the mocking. And I'm stating it's stupid no matter who is doing it.

I read these forums quite regularly, I'm very aware of the general situation. And as someone who lives in an increasingly red state myself, I'm dealing with those same stupidities.

But I still won't cheer when a legislator waste our money with a piece of legislation which has no intention of being passed.

That's great...you obviously don't support Republicans wasting resources...do you support Democrats wasting resources? I don't support ANYONE wasting taxpayer money and time and that's been my point throughout. Do you feel the same? Or is it only a problem when Republicans are wasting time and money?

Are you familiar with the term "self-will-run-riot government"? That's exactly how I view our Federal and State governments. But you can hardly blame the hard working politicians in the Kingdom of Washington for continuing to protect 240 years of work invested in creating laws that allow them sustain their ability to be self-will-run-riot.

I have no love for elected officials, regardless of their political philosophy or party affiliation, who believe they have the right to exploit the citizens that they "pretend to represent".

However, We the crying people only have ourselves to blame, despite government's best efforts to dumb down the citizens. We are a part of the check and balance system. We snoozed and we lost.

Are you familiar with the term "self-will-run-riot government"? That's exactly how I view our Federal and State governments. But you can hardly blame the hard working politicians in the Kingdom of Washington for continuing to protect 240 years of work invested in creating laws that allow them sustain their ability to be self-will-run-riot.

I have no love for elected officials, regardless of their political philosophy or part affiliation, who believe they have the right to exploit the citizens that they "pretend to represent".

However, We the crying people only have ourselves to blame, despite government's best efforts to dumb down the citizens. We are a part of the check and balance system. We snoozed and we lost.
Nothing you said there really addresses anything I said.

We'll try again...

"That's great...you obviously don't support Republicans wasting resources...do you support Democrats wasting resources? I don't support ANYONE wasting taxpayer money and time and that's been my point throughout. Do you feel the same? Or is it only a problem when Republicans are wasting time and money?"

Nothing you said there really addresses anything I said.

We'll try again...

"That's great...you obviously don't support Republicans wasting resources...do you support Democrats wasting resources? I don't support ANYONE wasting taxpayer money and time and that's been my point throughout. Do you feel the same? Or is it only a problem when Republicans are wasting time and money?"

Everything I've chosen to say in my response has been said. You can interpret "exploiting citizens" that I stated in my response anyway that you wish. But, That would include any party ****ing taxpayers. But then that's subject to interpretation by those who specifically support one party or the other.

Everything I've chosen to say in my response has been said. You can interpret "exploiting citizens" that I stated in my response anyway that you wish. But, That would include any party ****ing taxpayers. But then that's subject to interpretation by those who specifically support one party or the other.
I don't support any party, I criticize or compliment any politician based on their actions, not their party. My question to you is if you do the same thing. If so, then you should be just as dismissive of this Texas legislator who wasted taxpayer time and money as I am, just as we both were dismissive of Republican legislators who wasted time and money on Obamacare repeal during Obama's tenure.

Are you consistent in what you believe or not?

I don't support any party, I criticize or compliment any politician based on their actions, not their party. My question to you is if you do the same thing. If so, then you should be just as dismissive of this Texas legislator who wasted taxpayer time and money as I am, just as we both were dismissive of Republican legislators who wasted time and money on Obamacare repeal during Obama's tenure.

Are you consistent in what you believe or not?

I find few actions that are worthy of being complimented. Our "clean the swamp" president will be as wasteful and exploitive as all of his predecessors. There's no sign that either party in Washington will do business any differently. They've simply shifted to serving those who have contributed the most to their election collection plates.

I support the idea she's trying to make a point, but it's the absolutely wrong way top go about it; she has done no more than make conservatives even more angry than they naturally are

The hard right Texas legislature is fearless. But you can't make people more angry when they are of the belief that only their political philosophy should exist in government. They wake up pissed at everything and everyone who aren't hard right.

The hard right Texas legislature is fearless. But you can't make people more angry when they are of the belief that only their political philosophy should exist in government. They wake up pissed at everything and everyone who aren't hard right.

I know.

I just listened to a call in show about our fentinyl crisis [940 dead in one year]. Every conservative who called came close to giving themselves a stroke as they argued that the only solution is to put everyone involved in jail.

I'm afraid I may have sealed the deal by calling in an pointing out that the United States has the toughest laws and toughest enforcement of drug laws in the industrialized world, also have the highest incarceration rate, highest recidivism rate AND the highest death toll from illegal drugs AND the highest crime rate in the industrialized world, while every one of Vancouver's harm reduction strategies are working, and crime is falling like a brick
Made no difference, in fact I think they got angrier.

Texas lawmaker Jessica Farrar wants men fined for masturbating - BBC News

What the hell is in the water in Texas??? :shock:

I understand the concept of being extreme to make a point, but holy hell. Come on.

Only in Texas....

Well, this again shows that there are mornoic democrats too, most likely loads of them. But this lady is all kinds of nutjob/crazy. Who is going to police that? The paper towel police? How about fighting for a woman's right to choose without thinking up idiotic laws mrs/ms Farrar.

I find few actions that are worthy of being complimented. Our "clean the swamp" president will be as wasteful and exploitive as all of his predecessors. There's no sign that either party in Washington will do business any differently. They've simply shifted to serving those who have contributed the most to their election collection plates.
You're still not answering the question. Why are you working so hard to not answer a simple question?

I'm sure we agree the Republicans antics with Obamacare was a waste of taxpayer time and money. Now we have an example of a Democrat introducing legislation which has no chance of passing, in order to "mock" (your word) the antics of Republicans in Texas. Introducing legislation which has no chance of succeeding and is only intended to mock the opposite party is childish and a waste of taxpayer time and money.

Do you agree this legislation was a waste of taxpayer time and money? And, if not, what makes this different than the 50+ times Republicans "tried" to pass Obamacare repeal, attempts they knew would never pass?

You're still not answering the question. Why are you working so hard to not answer a simple question?

I'm sure we agree the Republicans antics with Obamacare was a waste of taxpayer time and money. Now we have an example of a Democrat introducing legislation which has no chance of passing, in order to "mock" (your word) the antics of Republicans in Texas. Introducing legislation which has no chance of succeeding and is only intended to mock the opposite party is childish and a waste of taxpayer time and money.

Do you agree this legislation was a waste of taxpayer time and money? And, if not, what makes this different than the 50+ times Republicans "tried" to pass Obamacare repeal, attempts they knew would never pass?

You seem to have an obsessive compulsive need for me to make a assessment of which party is more guilty than the other of wasting of taxpayer's time and money by certain legislative actions. Helen Keller could make a long, long, long list of taxpayer abuses imposed by both parties.

Stay on topic...keep your hat in Texas.

"Childish" isn't the term to use...

You choose to see Jessica Farrar's bill as "CHILDISH", a waste of taxpayer's time and money. Your opinion is noted. This is only one legislative action that's been introduced to raise awareness about the "REPEATED aggression type legislative actions" by the right in the Texas legislation - against Texas women. If they had the power they would extend their quest nation-wide.

Over last couple of decades there have been repetitive actions by the right in the Texas legislation, supported by a very conservative 5th Circuit Appeals Court, to undermine women's reproductive rights and to shut down Planned Parenthood services that entails many more services than abortion, which I'd would love to call "childish", as waste of taxpayer's time and money.

But fact is, "Childish", isn't the appropriate term to describe those legislative actions. It's called "CALCULATED AGGRESSION", by a faction, which involves intrusive violations of individual rights and an effort to roughshod over all women's reproductive health.

This faction is notorious for it's efforts for a group of people to control everyone's most private parts of their lives.

The bible belt is alive and well. So it could be said that they dump huge sums into the election collection plates of those in the right Texas Legislators to engage in CHILDISH legislative actions.

So with regard to your nagging me about YOUR question regarding Obamacare/Republicans/Democrat Health care plan, it's absolutely irrelevant to the issues that are related to the topic in this thread.

You seem to have an obsessive compulsive need for me to make a assessment of which party is more guilty than the other of wasting of taxpayer's time and money by certain legislative actions.
No, I just want you to honestly answer my question. I don't understand why you struggle so hard to avoid answering it.

Do you agree this legislation was a waste of taxpayer time and money?

It's a simple question. Why do you avoid answering it?

So with regard to your nagging me about YOUR question regarding Obamacare/Republicans/Democrat Health care plan, it's absolutely irrelevant to the issues that are related to the topic in this thread.
It's not though. It's actually very relevant. In both cases, we had legislation introduced which had no chance of passing. I suspect in the case of Obamacare, you thought the antics were a waste of time and money, but you seem to support THIS waste of time and money. So why do you support a waste of time and money for one instance but not for the other?

Look, if you just want to say you're being partisan and are wanting to ignore the giant hypocrisy of the positions, I'll let it go. Some honesty would be refreshing. You've always struck me as a fairly honest person, so I could respect the honesty. But, right now, you seem to be holding a view that it's okay for one and not for another and when you are point blank asked to answer a simple question, you write multiple paragraphs to avoid answering the simple question.

It's a yes or no question. Do you agree this legislation introduced by the Democrat in Texas was a waste of taxpayer time and money? I'm fully aware of all the other context you're trying to provide, I'm just saying it's irrelevant because there are far more effective ways to fight than to waste time and money.

Yes or no...do you agree this legislation is a waste of taxpayer time and money?

Back
Top Bottom