• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Terror tunnels are now death tunnels....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fledermaus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
2 Palestinians reported killed after Egypt pumps toxic gas into Hamas ...
https://globalnews.ca/news/4949732/hamas-tunnel-toxic-gas-egypt-gaza/

Two Palestinians were killed and two others injured after Egyptian troops pumped toxic fumes into a smuggling tunnel in the Gaza Strip on Sunday night, according to the Hamas-run Interior Ministry of Gaza.

One of the victims was a 39-year-old officer with Hamas’ police force who was in the tunnel on a “security mission” to inspect it, the ministry’s information office said. A 28-year-old man was killed in the ensuing rescue mission.

Two other security officers were taken to hospital for treatment.

Where is the outrage? The UN condemnation?

Had this been Israel the "usual suspects" would be crowing this from the mountain tops.

CHEMICAL WEAPONS used against Palestinians....

Cue the crickets.

2 Palestinians reported killed after Egypt pumps toxic gas into Hamas tunnel - National | Globalnews.ca

Two Palestinians were killed and two others injured after Egyptian troops pumped toxic fumes into a smuggling tunnel in the Gaza Strip on Sunday night, according to the Hamas-run Interior Ministry of Gaza.

One of the victims was a 39-year-old officer with Hamas’ police force who was in the tunnel on a “security mission” to inspect it, the ministry’s information office said. A 28-year-old man was killed in the ensuing rescue mission.

Had this been Israel the "usual suspects" would be crowing this from the mountain tops.

Cue the crickets.

Where to begin ?

If it's true then it's horrific. Egyptian complicity in the siege of the Palestinians of Gaza is probably more reprehensible than the Israeli insistence on it

But let's just address some issues about your obvious indignation

!. You are now using Hamas as a valid source of information whilst usually decrying any that quote anything they say......................... obviously it just depends on whether you can exploit it in a bid to further the cause of the alleged worldwide antisemitism :roll:

2. How come you never supported it in the post ?............................... recall your views on tunnels from Gaza into neighbouring states being " attacks " and the righteousness of those that kill those involved in it ?........................ maybe you reserve your support for the killing of the tunnel builders for Israelis only :roll:

3 Same with the use of " CHEMICAL WEAPONS used against Palestinians "........................... I don't recall you denouncing it when white phosphorous was used by the IDF against Palestinian civilian centres , killing and injuring people

Maybe the UN will condemn it in the coming days when the veracity of the claim has been investigated and a better idea of what happened is known. But your own lack of condemnation and the hypocritical positions you appear to hold on this very subject, outlined above, hardly puts you, of all people , in a position to denounce others imo

Where to begin ?

Try truth, absent your BIAS.

If it's true then it's horrific. Egyptian complicity in the siege of the Palestinians of Gaza is probably more reprehensible than the Israeli insistence on it

DA JOOOZ fault already? More than one Egyptian administration has closed the border to Gaza for the same reason Israel does it. A terrorist organization is in charge.

But let's just address some issues about your obvious indignation

Yes, lets talk about Israel while the subject is EGYPT.

!. You are now using Hamas as a valid source of information whilst usually decrying any that quote anything they say......................... obviously it just depends on whether you can exploit it in a bid to further the cause of the alleged worldwide antisemitism :roll:

And? You have a point? The two are not dead?

2. How come you never supported it in the post ?............................... recall your views on tunnels from Gaza into neighbouring states being " attacks " and the righteousness of those that kill those involved in it ?........................ maybe you reserve your support for the killing of the tunnel builders for Israelis only :roll:

WTF are you rambling about? Supporting what? Chemical warfare? I have never supported Chemical warfare.

Oh, that's right... Chemical warfare only matters when Israelis use WP....

3 Same with the use of " CHEMICAL WEAPONS used against Palestinians "........................... I don't recall you denouncing it when white phosphorous was used by the IDF against Palestinian civilian centres , killing and injuring people

Because WP isn't a Chemical weapon.

Maybe the UN will condemn it in the coming days when the veracity of the claim has been investigated and a better idea of what happened is known. But your own lack of condemnation and the hypocritical positions you appear to hold on this very subject, outlined above, hardly puts you, of all people , in a position to denounce others imo

So you blame the Israelis for an EGYPTIAN blockade and rather than discuss EGYPTIAN use of chemical weapons you want to divert to the Israelis.....

What did I tell you about your BIAS?

Fledermaus said:
WTF are you rambling about? Supporting what? Chemical warfare? I have never supported Chemical warfare.

Oh, that's right... Chemical warfare only matters when Israelis use WP....

You should consider changing your username to Straw Man

, here's what the above is supposed to be a reply to...............

oneworld2 said:
2. How come you never supported it in the post ?............................... recall your views on tunnels from Gaza into neighbouring states being " attacks " and the righteousness of those that kill those involved in it ?........................ maybe you reserve your support for the killing of the tunnel builders for Israelis only

Notice how the words " chemical warfare " are COMPLETELY ABSENT from the text you are referring to ?

You feign confusion and introduce the chemical warfare straw man in a bid to try to extricate yourself from answering/ addressing what was said , in as obvious an attempt to avoid the evident hypocrisy of your position on what should be the fate of those tunnelling into another country.

If Hamas associates tunnel into Israel you support ,and indeed call for, their killing , yet if they tunnel into Egypt you seek to exploit their killing by using it to attack others ,without ever mentioning that you support such actions and feign indignation over the killings themselves

It's called holding hypocritical positions, IE............. .to be applauded when Israel commits the act but worthy of condemnation when Egyptians do it

So, your rant about chemical warfare was and is , in this instance , just a complete straw man designed to try to get you off the hook from commenting on your obvious hypocrisy towards this incident

DA JOOOZ fault already? More than one Egyptian administration has closed the border to Gaza for the same reason Israel does it. A terrorist organization is in charge.

Recall it was YOU that brought " DA JOOOZ " into this equation :roll:. So if you didn't want them to be debated within the framework of the OP, then you should blame yourself. So obvious but apparently not to you

Yes, lets talk about Israel while the subject is EGYPT.

The OP refers to the two countries does it not ? You know , the OP YOU CREATED ? :roll: Haven't got much of a memory have ya ?

And? You have a point? The two are not dead?

Yep, I have a valid point

You virtually always condemn those that refer to Hamas as a source of information , crying about how unreliable and partisan they will be , correct ? Yet here you are peddling what they are claiming before anyone else has investigated or commented on it , with the circumstances yet to be confirmed

Hypocrisy strike 2

Recall it was YOU that brought " DA JOOOZ " into this equation :roll:. So if you didn't want them to be debated within the framework of the OP, then you should blame yourself.

Sorry, Fleder, but this man has a point right here. You made this about the Jews right here:

Maybe you need to clarify the point of this thread for us. It seems to be a callout thread ("usual suspects"), but I'm not sure what it's calling out. Use of chemical weapons by anyone is deplorable...what reaction did you expect / think you got? I heard about this for the first time in this thread, and condemn it immediately.

Sorry, this is all very confusing.

Yep, I have a valid point

You virtually always condemn those that refer to Hamas as a source of information , crying about how unreliable and partisan they will be , correct ? Yet here you are peddling what they are claiming before anyone else has investigated or commented on it , with the circumstances yet to be confirmed

Hypocrisy strike 2

If you want to go down that route, then every report/source that has used hamas as a source of information is virtually banned from any discussion related to gaza. This discussion isn't about the reliability of hamas, rather, it's about an incident that may or may not be true, and on the surface, offers a contrast between the actions of Egypt and the actions of Israel.

Egypt is guilty of far worse crimes than israel. Almost every country, including the palestinians, are guilty of far worse crimes than Israel. Yet, the question this thread poses is, why is the onus on Israel to make peace, and not on the palestinian leadership? You don't think it would be more productive, and more likely even, to push egyptian politics to allow freedom of movement in and out of gaza on their side of the border? They're both arab muslim regions, afterall, it makes absolutely no sense for them to isolate Gaza, and only hurts both them and Israel. This incident, whether it happened or not, only illustrates the need for the rest of the arab world to cooperate with the plight of the palestinians, if there is ever to be peace between Israel and Palestine.

So you blame the Israelis for an EGYPTIAN blockade and rather than discuss EGYPTIAN use of chemical weapons you want to divert to the Israelis.....

What did I tell you about your BIAS?

Only Hamas has claimed any use of chemical weapons thus far and you are parroting it. Not in a bid to condemn it , I mean how can you when you support the killing of Gazan tunnel builders if carried out by Israel , but to denounce others for not condemning it.

I blame Egypt for their part in the collective punishment of Gazans and said so , you ignored it. However , I blame Israel more . Hardly an odd position considering how much Egypt blockades and how much Israel blockades. Not to mention the ongoing occupation of the Palestinians and the denial of their basic human rights by Israel of which the siege of Gaza is just one aspect

As for BIAS ( and HYPOCRISY ) , the only ones on display are your applauding of the killings of tunnellers from Gaza by Israelis and the odd faux indignation if they are killed by Egyptians and your pushing of unverified claims of Hamas people

Sorry, Fleder, but this man has a point right here. You made this about the Jews right here:

Maybe you need to clarify the point of this thread for us. It seems to be a callout thread ("usual suspects"), but I'm not sure what it's calling out. Use of chemical weapons by anyone is deplorable...what reaction did you expect / think you got? I heard about this for the first time in this thread, and condemn it immediately.

I too condemned this action , assuming it to be true , in my second sentence of the thread but just chose to remind the OP of their previous postions regarding the killing of tunnellers from Gaza and their criticisms of any that dare to cite Hamas over ANYTHING

It is a call out thread that will obviously fall flat on its face as one because the " usual suspects " are not the bigoted and biased group this poster tries to present them as ( as shown already )

If you want to go down that route, then every report/source that has used hamas as a source of information is virtually banned from any discussion related to gaza. This discussion isn't about the reliability of hamas, rather, it's about an incident that may or may not be true, and on the surface, offers a contrast between the actions of Egypt and the actions of Israel.

Recall who is the one that routinely attacks any that use anything Hamas has said as evidence but is just fine to use them themselves as and when. That's the point. A different point than you are making above
Egypt is guilty of far worse crimes than israel. Almost every country, including the palestinians, are guilty of far worse crimes than Israel. Yet, the question this thread poses is, why is the onus on Israel to make peace, and not on the palestinian leadership? You don't think it would be more productive, and more likely even, to push egyptian politics to allow freedom of movement in and out of gaza on their side of the border? They're both arab muslim regions, afterall, it makes absolutely no sense for them to isolate Gaza, and only hurts both them and Israel. This incident, whether it happened or not, only illustrates the need for the rest of the arab world to cooperate with the plight of the palestinians, if there is ever to be peace between Israel and Palestine.

I don't agree with your comments of Israeli crimes and think that they are just as bad as the next country / people.

I also don't agree that this thread has anything to do with who should make peace

The best solution , imo is for the USA to stop shielding Israel from the overwhelming world consensus at UN and allow the ICJ to gather evidence/information from all parties and get them to agree to a resolution of the conflict through the use of already existing international laws and conventions

You should consider changing your username to Straw Man

, here's what the above is supposed to be a reply to...............

Notice how the words " chemical warfare " are COMPLETELY ABSENT from the text you are referring to ?

Try being clear in the Strawman you are making.

Notice the question marks because I don't know WTF you think I am supporting.

You feign confusion and introduce the chemical warfare straw man in a bid to try to extricate yourself from answering/ addressing what was said , in as obvious an attempt to avoid the evident hypocrisy of your position on what should be the fate of those tunnelling into another country.

And instead of clarifying more blah blah blah.

If Hamas associates tunnel into Israel you support ,and indeed call for, their killing , yet if they tunnel into Egypt you seek to exploit their killing by using it to attack others ,without ever mentioning that you support such actions and feign indignation over the killings themselves

Killing terrorists is good. Killing terrorists with CHEMICAL WEAPONS is bad.

It's called holding hypocritical positions, IE............. .to be applauded when Israel commits the act but worthy of condemnation when Egyptians do it

Incorrect.

So, your rant about chemical warfare was and is , in this instance , just a complete straw man designed to try to get you off the hook from commenting on your obvious hypocrisy towards this incident

Trying to make the subject me. What a pathetic tactic.

I suppose since you have nothing intelligent to say about the hypocrisy of crying "Chemical weapons" at the Israelis while the Egyptian get a pass.

Recall it was YOU that brought " DA JOOOZ " into this equation :roll:. So if you didn't want them to be debated within the framework of the OP, then you should blame yourself. So obvious but apparently not to you

Incorrect. "Egyptian complicity in the siege of the Palestinians of Gaza is probably more reprehensible than the Israeli insistence on it" Israelis are DA JOOZ when you create conspiracy theories about them.

Blaming Israel for the acts of other countries. Pathetic.

The OP refers to the two countries does it not ? You know , the OP YOU CREATED ? :roll: Haven't got much of a memory have ya ?

So let us talk about the OP instead of oneworlding.....

Hamas apologists, those who hate Israel, those whose biases don't allow them to see the reality in the middle east, those who cry about Israel's pebbles while ignoring Palestinian boulders....

Only Hamas has claimed any use of chemical weapons thus far and you are parroting it. Not in a bid to condemn it , I mean how can you when you support the killing of Gazan tunnel builders if carried out by Israel , but to denounce others for not condemning it.

I blame Egypt for their part in the collective punishment of Gazans and said so , you ignored it. However , I blame Israel more . Hardly an odd position considering how much Egypt blockades and how much Israel blockades. Not to mention the ongoing occupation of the Palestinians and the denial of their basic human rights by Israel of which the siege of Gaza is just one aspect

As for BIAS ( and HYPOCRISY ) , the only ones on display are your applauding of the killings of tunnellers from Gaza by Israelis and the odd faux indignation if they are killed by Egyptians and your pushing of unverified claims of Hamas people

Hamas claimed chemical weapons in Cast Lead. You appear OK with that.

You blame Egypt for containing a terrorist state. Don't like it? Don't elect terrorists.

The best solution , imo is for the USA to stop shielding Israel from the overwhelming world consensus at UN and allow the ICJ to gather evidence/information from all parties and get them to agree to a resolution of the conflict through the use of already existing international laws and conventions

400 resolutions against Israel....

ZERO resolutions IRT Hamas terrorism.

Hamas apologists, those who hate Israel, those whose biases don't allow them to see the reality in the middle east, those who cry about Israel's pebbles while ignoring Palestinian boulders....

Israel's "pebbles"? Oy vey...

Maybe you'd have better luck with having folks agree with you about Palestine's sins if you weren't so frustratingly laissez faire about Israel's.

Try being clear in the Strawman you are making.

Notice the question marks because I don't know WTF you think I am supporting.

The straw man was clearly shown , your wish to make out that it ,somehow , wasn't is taken with a huge pinch of salt

Don't worry, you will provide many more opportunities to show your use of this tactic

But you decided to leave this qualification out of the OP :roll:

Maybe you were just too busy trying to smear the " usual suspects " to notice you had failed to include it

Trying to make the subject me. What a pathetic tactic.

Says the poster that composed an entire thread to try to denounce the " usual suspects " here

In fact the thread you started about the alleged " good guys " view of Hamas that nobody here has ever expressed is , imo , just more of the same garbage as this one is , regarding an anticipated ( by you ) lack of condemnation for an alleged chemical weapons use by Egypt that has also , thus far at least , never happened either :roll:

I suppose since you have nothing intelligent to say about the hypocrisy of crying "Chemical weapons" at the Israelis while the Egyptian get a pass.

Recall who is crying about an alleged " chemical weapons " use here , and it's you. Others are reserving their view pending more information/verification

Recall what the article states................... the " pumping of toxic fumes ".............. which is a vague description of the incident that you have decided to call a " chemical attack ". I'm sure things will come out on this with time which might or might not confirm your allegations. But be sure , you are the one that has made them , not me

Where did I give Egypt a " free pass " to use chemical weapons ?

If you can't refer me to one it is obvious you are lying again , correct ?

Incorrect. "Egyptian complicity in the siege of the Palestinians of Gaza is probably more reprehensible than the Israeli insistence on it" Israelis are DA JOOZ when you create conspiracy theories about them.

Blaming Israel for the acts of other countries. Pathetic.

Why do you appear to have no ability to stop yourself from lying in virtually every thread ?

from the OP....... the OP YOU COMPOSED lol

"Had this been Israel the "usual suspects" would be crowing this from the mountain tops

So let us talk about the OP instead of oneworlding.....

You included Israel in the OP , so talking about it qualifies , fail again

But let's talk about it without Fledermausing............ IE without lying/straw men/ misrepresentations.............. see if you can actually stick with that programme

The like is for the posts comedic value

Hamas claimed chemical weapons in Cast Lead. You appear OK with that.

If you are aware of Hamas claims of chemical weapons use in Cast lead , why are you supporting them now ? I mean without any other verifications etc ?

I always mistake WP as a chemical weapon , it's a common mistake of mine because of the nature of the weapon , it being an incendiary that uses a chemical reaction. Can't help but believe its classification is dodgy , hence. And the Hamas claim of the use of WP , despite IDF denials , was valid even if the classification was wrong

That said , at least we know what was used in Cast Lead............ you have claimed a chemical attack on the basis of a single Hamas claim , unverified as yet , of the use of an alleged " toxic fumes " use

You blame Egypt for containing a terrorist state. Don't like it? Don't elect terrorists.

Israelis vote in state terrorists every time but I don't see you crying foul

I blame Egypt for collaborating in the Israeli initiated collective punishment of the people of Gaza

400 resolutions against Israel....

ZERO resolutions IRT Hamas terrorism.

70 years of ignoring them tends to make the numbers build up

Why am I not surprised that you have nothing to say about the application of the law to the conflict ? Seeing as you are always crying about the criminal acts that take place within it ? Instead of moaning about an accumulation over decades of UN resolutions

2 Palestinians reported killed after Egypt pumps toxic gas into Hamas tunnel - National | Globalnews.ca

Cue the crickets.

Speaking of "death tunnels", that's what Ann Coulter has between her legs. Is it true you have a mad crush on her?

The straw man was clearly shown , your wish to make out that it ,somehow , wasn't is taken with a huge pinch of salt

Don't worry, you will provide many more opportunities to show your use of this tactic

But you decided to leave this qualification out of the OP :roll:

Maybe you were just too busy trying to smear the " usual suspects " to notice you had failed to include it

Says the poster that composed an entire thread to try to denounce the " usual suspects " here

In fact the thread you started about the alleged " good guys " view of Hamas that nobody here has ever expressed is , imo , just more of the same garbage as this one is , regarding an anticipated ( by you ) lack of condemnation for an alleged chemical weapons use by Egypt that has also , thus far at least , never happened either :roll:

Recall who is crying about an alleged " chemical weapons " use here , and it's you. Others are reserving their view pending more information/verification

Recall what the article states................... the " pumping of toxic fumes ".............. which is a vague description of the incident that you have decided to call a " chemical attack ". I'm sure things will come out on this with time which might or might not confirm your allegations. But be sure , you are the one that has made them , not me

Where did I give Egypt a " free pass " to use chemical weapons ?

If you can't refer me to one it is obvious you are lying again , correct ?

Your inability to declare what it was you imagined I supported is a you problem.

Killing terrorists is good. Killing terrorists with CHEMICAL WEAPONS is bad. I didn't leave anything out.

The rest of your nonsense is simply trying to make the thread about me.

I called it when I stated you have nothing intelligent to say about the hypocrisy of crying "Chemical weapons" at the Israelis while the Egyptian get a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom