• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.chron.com/news/politics...cing-legislation-to-keep-migrant-13005089.php

Senator Ted Cruz said he is planning on introducing legislation this week to keep migrant families together.

"All Americans are rightly horrified by the images we are seeing on the news, children in tears pulled away from their mothers and fathers," Cruz said in a statement. "This must stop. Now. We can end this crisis by passing the legislation I am introducing this week."

The senator said he will introduce the "Protect Kids and Parents Act," which will double the number of federal immigration judges, create new temporary "shelters," review asylum cases within 14 days, and "mandate that illegal immigrant families must be kept together."

I like it.

i haven't had enough time to read the bill to see if it's some sort of Trojan horse for anti-immigrant legislation, but if it just ensures that the kids won't be torn away from their parents, then i support it.

Good.

Now...let's see who's against it.

i haven't had enough time to read the bill to see if it's some sort of Trojan horse for anti-immigrant legislation, but if it just ensures that the kids won't be torn away from their parents, then i support it.

There are those who feel this is nothing more than a way to speed up deportations. However, if it keeps the families together in the mean time I'm OK with it.

There's something else though. I don't trust Cruz and I wonder if he would've introduced this legislation if he wasn't up for re-election this November.

There are those who feel this is nothing more than a way to speed up deportations. However, if it keeps the families together in the mean time I'm OK with it.

There's something else though. I don't trust Cruz and I wonder if he would've introduced this legislation if he wasn't up for re-election this November.

Ted Cruz got caught flat footed by his democratic opponent Beto o’rourkes publicly participated in a march on father’s da and visited one of the detention camps.

i don't trust him, either. wouldn't be surprised to learn that there's something in this bill that is unsupportable. i hope that it at leasts keeps kids from getting separated from their parents, though.

Ted Cruz got caught flat footed by his democratic opponent Beto o’rourkes publicly participated in a march on father’s da and visited one of the detention camps.

It's been a pretty interesting race to follow that's for sure.

I don't care one way or another so long as the trespassers are promptly deported.

What about those who have a legitimate asylum claim?

What's "anti immigrant legislation" border security and more resources to enforce the existing code?

If only all these politicians worked as hard for American citizens as they do for citizens of other nations.

What's a legitimate asylum claim? I don't think the current Gobierno in Guatemala or Honduras is politically repressing people, except maybe extrajudicial actions by security forces against drug cartels, but I don't want to grant drug cartel gunmen asylum in the US, Asylum is for political repression, not high crime.

What's a legitimate asylum claim? I don't think the current Gobierno in Guatemala or Honduras is politically repressing people, except maybe extrajudicial actions by security forces against drug cartels, but I don't want to grant drug cartel gunmen asylum in the US, Asylum is for political repression, not high crime.

There is a vetting process in place to determine if a claim is legitimate.

What's "anti immigrant legislation" border security and more resources to enforce the existing code?

Cruz should certainly be sympathetic, as that surname doesn't sound very Native American. hopefully his bill just prevents Trump and perjury elf from splitting up families.

If they couldn't be bothered to go to the embassy or consulate in their own country and request asylum, then why should we be bothered to even consider their claim when they show up here. Further they went through at least one country that could have accepted their claim. I am not interested in their claims.

I have no idea from one moment to the next what Trump will do.

Fair play.

Trump is a petulant baby. If he senses opposition to his policy he takes it as an insult. And if he doesn't get his wall he will throw a tantrum. This is why I think he will veto.

If they couldn't be bothered to go to the embassy or consulate in their own country and request asylum, then why should we be bothered to even consider their claim when they show up here. Further they went through at least one country that could have accepted their claim. I am not interested in their claims.

I don't understand begrudging someone for wanting a better life for themselves and their families.

Alright, what's in it for Cruz?

Unlikely to pass, and very likely he will suffer for doing so.

As long as it finally fixes the problem and doesn't give amnesty.

Back
Top Bottom