• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Team Trump is already filled with Washington insiders

That will never happen, at least not with the old guard Bush's - they can be accused of many things, but they're people of principle and decency and I believe them fully when they reject Trump's form of populism. Besides, unlike many on the left, the Bush's don't need government jobs to be successful.

Good thing because being stuck in the by-gone days with the over the hill and/or failed men tends to be hard on the bank account.

Yes because if there's one thing Trump has proven is that he has thick skin. :lamo

He's president of the United States, if hasn't grown a thick skin he better. He's on a short leash. No excuses, NONE.

I didn't say Trump supporters were fools. There are plenty of Trump supporters that know a lot of what he says is BS

Well, what you DID say was, and I quote, "Anyone who thought Trump was an outsider is a fool."

His supporters thought he was an outsider. They campaigned on it. It was a Trumper battle cry.

So, according to you, what does that make them?

You said they were fools. Perhaps that is not what you meant to say?

That's the general approach with right wing politics.

I think trump beat hillary in exit polls among college educated whites.

Which is remarkable since the mission of higher education is to brainwash students into becoming good little kneejerk libs when they grow up.

I guess the lib professors cant even do that successfully

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember a lot of this same rhetoric came in with President Reagan. Now, I'm not suggesting that Trump is the new Reagan, but I am suggesting it's a little premature to be writing him off before he even darkens the Oval Office door.

One benefit Trump has, that Reagan had and to some extent GW Bush had, is that the left is so dismissive of him, their superior noses firmly lifted and scratching the sky, that the bar for success is set pretty low. And if, and when, he crashes through that bar, he'll grow in popularity to the great dismay of those same arrogant leftists. I've seen this show before and it's fun.

Not coming up with an answer because you have none maybe. This is how Trump has always worked, he surrounds himself with people he trusts who he thinks can do the job, and then if they either dont do the job or are not loyal they get told "YOU'RE FIRED!". High risk high reward is how trump always plays it, cause he be an adrenaline junky.

I voted for Trump, I and a bunch of people I know are putting him and the Republicans on a short leash. If he and they don't produce like they said they would, we intend to fire them, one and done, failure is unacceptable. How long a leash you and yours giving Trump and the Republicans? I am curious because I have noticed most everyone I talk to and on talk radio they all have been saying similar.

I'm old enough to remember a lot of this same rhetoric came in with President Reagan. Now, I'm not suggesting that Trump is the new Reagan, but I am suggesting it's a little premature to be writing him off before he even darkens the Oval Office door.

One benefit Trump has, that Reagan had and to some extent GW Bush had, is that the left is so dismissive of him, their superior noses firmly lifted and scratching the sky, that the bar for success is set pretty low. And if, and when, he crashes through that bar, he'll grow in popularity to the great dismay of those same arrogant leftists. I've seen this show before and it's fun.

That's kind of what I was saying before.

I predict that Trump's approval ratings will drop among his base supporters as they rise in the center/center-left crowd.

I think we are going to find out Trump may be just a tad more liberal than he let on.

Time will tell.

I voted for Trump, I and a bunch of people I know are putting him and the Republicans on a short leash. If he and they don't produce like they said they would, we intend to fire them, one and done, failure is unacceptable. How long a leash you and yours giving Trump and the Republicans? I am curious because I have noticed most everyone I talk to and on talk radio they all have been saying similar.

Fair enough.

I think trump beat hillary in exit polls among college educated whites.

Which is remarkable since the mission of higher education is to brainwash students into becoming good little kneejerk libs.

I guess the lib professors cant even do that successfully
Yeah, indoctrination, that's what it is.

When people pull away from your regressive, harmful policies and beliefs, it's because they're brainwashed. That's exactly right.

I predict that Trump's approval ratings will drop among his base supporters as they rise in the center/center-left crowd.

I think we are going to find out Trump may be just a tad more liberal than he let on.

Time will tell.

If that does happen, he has a lot of apologies to make.

I sincerely hope you are right, however he and the republicans are on a very short leash, with me and others and they had better produce, or else. No excuses.

I dont know what this short leash is. I am pretty sure Trump only does 4 years, you will not get the chance to fire him.

No. The ones on the leadlsh are his followers.

You are very wrong about that. I suggest you listen to some right wing talk radio, it will put that silly little notion of yours to bed quick fast and in a hurry.

A
Yeah, indoctrination, that's what it is.

The conditions on campus is an oppressive leftwing monoculture.

Students who are too lazy to think for themselves can just lean back and absorb the wacky leftwing message.

Which many of them do.

Time will tell.

A lot is going to be decided by just who shows up to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

For reals.

I dont know what this short leash is. I am pretty sure Trump only does 4 years, you will not get the chance to fire him.

The leash is they got 2 years to produce. They do jack all they lose the house and the senate, and then the presidency 2 years later. No more excuses.

You are very wrong about that. I suggest you listen to some right wing talk radio, it will put that silly little notion of yours to bed quick fast and in a hurry.

Now why on earth would I want to rot my brain with that happy horse****?

sure beats the affirmative action quota pick who's main credentials was being able to pander to two key Democrat constituencies-blacks and women.

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen you marginalize a black official as an "Affirmative Action Quota pick," I'd have a ****load of nickels.

Well, what you DID say was, and I quote, "Anyone who thought Trump was an outsider is a fool."

His supporters thought he was an outsider. They campaigned on it. It was a Trumper battle cry.

So, according to you, what does that make them?

You said they were fools. Perhaps that is not what you meant to say?

So every single Trump supporter thought he was an outsider?

There were a good many Trump supporters who supported him because he wasn't Hillary.

I don't think anyone actually expects him to do what he said he'll do. He should have never got hired the first time. But he did. Why would he not get hired a second time?

Because of how politics work in America. It's very hard for a party to get two presidents in a row in. Even more difficult when that second president is media darling, populace's nightmare - Hillary Clinton. Let's be honest, if this had been a decent democratic candidate like Joe Biden, Trump wouldn't of won.

Barring another nightmare for the Democratic party, and what will almost certainly be a less than stellar first-term - we're probably going to see a big shift to the left in both congress and the Presidency. A demotivated party due to a lackluster candidate and what they felt was a surefire win has clearly lit a fire that does not bode well at the next election for Trump.

Underestimation won't be something that is present.

zrevi.jpg

He should. They're why he's the president-elect.

So every single Trump supporter thought he was an outsider?

There were a good many Trump supporters who supported him because he wasn't Hillary.

I'd say the vast majority of people who pulled the lever (or whatever) for Trump did so because he was not Hillary Clinton.

Now why on earth would I want to rot my brain with that happy horse****?

You wanted to find out whose on the leash. That's how you find out for sure. The republicans including Trump, if they screw up, are dead meat. Make no mistake they screw up and it wont be the Democrats crushing them it will be their own party doing the curb stomping of the leadership.

Back
Top Bottom