• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tax cuts: close-mindedness from the left

And leave us vulnerable to attack because our military is stuck with outdated equipment and weaponry? You forget that national security, not social welfare charity, is a Constitutional MANDATE!!!

You're allowing yourself to be duped. We have no military equal... by a massive margin. Even if we cut the military budget in half, we'd still have no military equal by a significant amount.

Conservatives could stop all war forever, feed every single hungry person on the planet, cure every disease, provide 100% clean and free energy forever and end racism on a global scale and there are going to be very large number of liberals who find fault in every single thing they did.

No, we wouldn't. Your opinion is silly.

Where are conservatives "taking from the weakest"?.

Fighting to cut all social welfare programs to balance the budget is taking from the weakest. The only people doing this is conservatives.

Fighting to cut all social welfare programs to balance the budget is taking from the weakest. The only people doing this is conservatives.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that responsibility belongs to the Feds. Article I Section 8 and codified in Amendment X. Social welfare issues belong exclusively with the STATES.

How much, 95%? Duh! When you type bull**** expect a similar response.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

No it's true. The Left don't want anyone to be monetarily successful because they want to take it all away except for a small pittance. Sorry, but it ain't the government's money to begin with, Bolshevik. All Liberals are actually Communists in sheep's clothing.

No it's true. The Left don't want anyone to be monetarily successful because they want to take it all away except for a small pittance. Sorry, but it ain't the government's money to begin with, Bolshevik. All Liberals are actually Communists in sheep's clothing.
I once bowled on a Bass league with my brother way back. We won fishing rods that are still in my shed somewhere. Neither one of us likes to fish. Like I said, you post crap you get it back. Happy Holidays!

No, we wouldn't. Your opinion is silly.

Right now, we're seeing exactly the kind of thing I posted. Pres. Trump does the EXACT same thing that all previous Presidents have done and gets vilified for it. Conservatives stand for Free Speech and get hammered for it. Too many on the Left today will fight against anything thrown out by conservatives just because it came from the right instead of the left.

Right now, we're seeing exactly the kind of thing I posted. Pres. Trump does the EXACT same thing that all previous Presidents have done and gets vilified for it. Conservatives stand for Free Speech and get hammered for it. Too many on the Left today will fight against anything thrown out by conservatives just because it came from the right instead of the left.
You mean like the conservative congressman who voted against his own bill because Obama was in favor of it?

There is a misconception about the word "cut". When politicians, even conservatives, talk about cutting they are not actually talking about actually cutting, but cutting the rate of growth. Social programs are out of control and need to be addressed, even Medicare and Social Security.

Conservatives could stop all war forever, feed every single hungry person on the planet, cure every disease, provide 100% clean and free energy forever and end racism on a global scale and there are going to be very large number of liberals who find fault in every single thing they did.

Stopping war: "They just did that so that they can cut taxes and stop paying for healthcare for veterans."
Feeding the hungry: "That's just a sellout to Big Ag."
Cure every disease:" They only did that so that they can get rid of the nurses unions."
Clean and free energy: "They only did so that they can control people through controlling energy."
Ending racism: "They just want to get rid of diversity."

By all means, let's do all of those things and prove you right. That should stamp out liberalism once and for all.

Well there's also that thing about the rich getting more in tax breaks than the middle class. As long as rich people get more in tax cuts than the lower end of the totem pole, Democrats will be against it. If a middle class person gets a $5000 per year tax cut and the rich get a $5001 tax cut, Democrats will reject it.

MR, that’s a great made up example that proves exactly what you want to believe. Your made up example is just like the OP’s made up example. It too is about “tax cuts” and “proves” what he wants to believe. Oddly though the OP assured me the thread wasn’t about tax cuts.

Anyhoo, do you think you could maybe break out the numbers of the actual proposal. I’ve seen articles pointing out “low hundreds for middle class if not an actual increase” and “thousands for the rich”. I’m sure those articles are fake news and I would like to see your expert opinion on the matter. And if it’s not too much, could you explain why the cut is necessary in the current economic situation. After all Trump has singlehandedly saved the economy and lowered unemployment. Oh could you also explain why the deficit no longer matters to conservatives. Thanks in advance.

Stopping war: "They just did that so that they can cut taxes and stop paying for healthcare for veterans."
Feeding the hungry: "That's just a sellout to Big Ag."
Cure every disease:" They only did that so that they can get rid of the nurses unions."
Clean and free energy: "They only did so that they can control people through controlling energy."
Ending racism: "They just want to get rid of diversity."

FS, the OP and others have already posted their made up examples to “prove” dems are hypocrites. And I see your made up examples are not limited to “tax cut” examples. That's actually good because the OP said the thread is not about “tax cuts”. Anyhoo, if you’re that upset about made up examples of hypocrisy surely real examples will really bother you. Here’s a short list of actual flaming partisan hypocrisy

Republicans scream about deficits for 8 years now don’t care.
Republicans support mandates for 20 years but stopped whne President Obama compromised on them
Republicans supported Bush’s 2008 stimulus but not President Obama’s

Sure your made up list is much more believable that my real examples but shouldn’t you discuss all examples, real and imaginary?

I am not sure it has anything to do with close-mindedness.I think it has to do with the fact that the programs they want requires a **** load of tax money.The tax cuts republicans want would mean that those programs either get reduced or cut.

many leftwing wealth vandals think that money first belongs to the government and tax cuts are depriving their beloved government of money it "needs"

There is a misconception about the word "cut". When politicians, even conservatives, talk about cutting they are not actually talking about actually cutting, but cutting the rate of growth.
Yeah, about that...

Sequestration cuts were actual reductions in spending. That was the whole point.

Trump is talking about cutting the State Department budget by 25%, HUD by $6 billion. That's not growth, that's actual cuts.

The proposed Republican health care bills were actually planning to cut Medicare over time.

The current Republican tax bill demands $136 billion in cuts from mandatory spending. This includes a Medicare cut of $25 billion, which is the maximum allowed by law.

Social programs are out of control and need to be addressed, even Medicare and Social Security.
If that's the case, then defense spending is completely nuts.

The real issue isn't that social spending is off the rails. It's that we don't want to pay for it.

Just perception, based on observation, but... I suspect that the right could come up with the most awesome tax cut and reform that would be of great benefit to the middle class and the poor, give them virtually everything they want and need, and yet the left would still complain if by chance the wealthy someone got some small benefit, too.

Lower/middle class get what it needs, left's response is: " :2mad: ZOMG! More tax cuts for the wealthy! This is so unfair!"

What issue are these tax cuts solving again? They will result in deficits of trillions and they are going to different groups that are doing pretty ****ing well. The vast majority of the cuts go to corporations and the rich.

Add these deficits to whatever war Republicans get us into or whatever next wall street recession occurs and now we're in pretty dire straights ala Bush Tax cuts...with the majority of the benefit going to groups that are doing pretty damn well.

So yeah...unless you are going to directly benefit from this tax cut you are pretty ****ing delusion to support the tax cut.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that responsibility belongs to the Feds. Article I Section 8 and codified in Amendment X. Social welfare issues belong exclusively with the STATES.

I'm glad you didn't disagree with the truth of my point.

Last edited:

bass, you know this is a debate forum right? The reason I ask is you seem to think you believing something is all the justification you need to post it. Nobody doubts you believe what you believe but this is not a chatroom. Lets look at your dream country : Somalia. Low taxes, liberal gun laws, no minimum wage laws, no hollywood, no librul media. and as a bonus they have plenty of beach front property with lots of free marketeers. If conservative narratives are to be believed, the place should be crawling with billionaires. Oddly its not. Maybe schools, bridges, roads, small business loans, plenty of colleges, an educated and able workforce, 40 hour work weeks, child and occupational labor laws, drinking water standards, sewage systems, food safety laws etc, are not destroying the economy like you believe.

Anyhoo, I seem to recall deficits were the most important thing to conservatives. what do you think about republicans wanting to balloon the deficit with their tax cuts? I only ask because tax cuts are the thread topic (don't tell radcen I posted that). thanks in advance.

FS, the OP and others have already posted their made up examples to “prove” dems are hypocrites. And I see your made up examples are not limited to “tax cut” examples. That's actually good because the OP said the thread is not about “tax cuts”. Anyhoo, if you’re that upset about made up examples of hypocrisy surely real examples will really bother you. Here’s a short list of actual flaming partisan hypocrisy

Republicans support mandates for 20 years but stopped whne President Obama compromised on them

Sure your made up list is much more believable that my real examples but shouldn’t you discuss all examples, real and imaginary?
I never claimed to "prove" anything. I challenge you to show me where I did. Go ahead.

What issue are these tax cuts solving again? They will result in deficits of trillions and they are going to different groups that are doing pretty ****ing well. The vast majority of the cuts go to corporations and the rich.

Add these deficits to whatever war Republicans get us into or whatever next wall street recession occurs and now we're in pretty dire straights ala Bush Tax cuts...with the majority of the benefit going to groups that are doing pretty damn well.

So yeah...unless you are going to directly benefit from this tax cut you are pretty ****ing delusion to support the tax cut.

Doh! Another one who thinks this thread is about the current tax proposals. *smh*

I swear, hardly anybody slows down to read anymore.

I never claimed to "prove" anything. I challenge you to show me where I did. Go ahead.

oh rad, you start a thread titled "Tax cuts: close-mindedness from the left', posted a made up example of democrats hating tax cuts, hilariously claim the thread is not about tax cuts after I shred your silly narrative and now you cant figure out that I'm mocking your made up example of democrats hating tax cuts. I thought it was pretty clear when I put quote marks around prove. Think somebody making quote marks with their fingers as they explain it to you how your made up example AIR QUOTE proves AIR QUOTE dems hate tax cuts.

But rad, I have to admit I'm saddened by your post. Your posts are usually pretty reasonable. My intent was pretty clear in mocking your made up example. If you want feign umbrage and ignorance instead of admitting the thread is indeed about "dems hate tax cuts" and that you maybe should have given it more thought before posting then it will only get worse. Now why not prove (no air quotes) that your thread is really about partisan "hackery" in general and not tax cuts specifically and address actual examples of partisan "hackery"

oh rad, you start a thread titled "Tax cuts: close-mindedness from the left', post a made up example of democrats hating tax cuts, hilariously claim the thread is not about tax cuts after I shred your silly narrative and now you cant figure out that I'm mocking your made up example of democrats hating tax cuts. I thought it was pretty clear when I put quote marks around prove. Think somebody making quote marks with their fingers as they explain it to you how your made up example AIR QUOTE proves AIR QUOTE dems hate tax cuts.

But rad, I have to admit I'm saddened by your post. Your posts are usually pretty reasonable. My intent was pretty clear in mocking your made up example. If you want feign umbrage and ignorance instead of admitting the thread is indeed about "dems hate tax cuts" and that you maybe should have given it more thought before posting then it will only get worse.
Right. You got nothin'. Words such as "perception", "observation", and "suspect" are clearly included right up front in the OP.

I will give you credit for not making up some lame crap to try and cover for your error. Even that's becoming rare anymore.

Are you stating that cutting the business taxs does not help the middle class by expanding jobs and higher wages.

I own several businesses..

Absolutely a business income tax cut does not help the middle class by expanding jobs and higher wages.

You only pay income taxes/corporate taxes.. on money you have decided NOT to put back into more jobs and higher wages.

Sweet Baby Jesus.. why can't people understand this. :doh

Why.. the heck would I expand my business just because of a tax cut? I expand a business because there are more customers/ more demand.. and if I put my business money into it.. I DON:T PAY TAXES ON IT.

Absolutely a business income tax cut does not help the middle class by expanding jobs and higher wages.

You only pay income taxes/corporate taxes.. on money you have decided NOT to put back into more jobs and higher wages.

Why.. the heck would I expand my business just because of a tax cut? I expand a business because there are more customers/ more demand.. and if I put my business money into it.. I DON:T PAY TAXES ON IT.
One would think that'd be blindingly obvious.

Just perception, based on observation, but... I suspect that the right could come up with the most awesome tax cut and reform that would be of great benefit to the middle class and the poor, give them virtually everything they want and need, and yet the left would still complain if by chance the wealthy someone got some small benefit, too.

Lower/middle class get what it needs, left's response is: " :2mad: ZOMG! More tax cuts for the wealthy! This is so unfair!"

Since most on the left refuse to pay the max in taxes their thoughts on the matter are irrelevant.
When they start living up to their "the federal government should get more of my money"
Then they might have a complaint.

The less amount you pay on that income allows you to do more things.
This is just basic business.

Back
Top Bottom