• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SUNDAY MORNING BILL

It’s impossible to refute a denier. You’re just an excuse maker. Your explanations are based on lies. I’ve told you that you’re deceived. It’s clear that the UMC is apostate and you deny that. You’re no different than the people of the world. Sin reigns in your life. You embrace sin and call it brotherly love, compassion, etc. There’s no argument against someone like that except to tell you the truth. And I have but you deny the truth. We’re done. I told you that. Move on.
All this is the pot calling the kettle black. Each and every thing you have said applies to you as well from the view of a person of a different denomination or religion. Of course you could deny it, but that just confirms you as the denier.

Also, you are very obviously not done with her as you keep engaging/responding, which now means falsehood again.

It’s impossible to refute a denier. You’re just an excuse maker. Your explanations are based on lies. I’ve told you that you’re deceived. It’s clear that the UMC is apostate and you deny that. You’re no different than the people of the world. Sin reigns in your life. You embrace sin and call it brotherly love, compassion, etc. There’s no argument against someone like that except to tell you the truth. And I have but you deny the truth. We’re done. I told you that. Move on.

So you are calling God's Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion lies? Wow.

And I'm no denier...you are the one doing so. Nowhere have you been able to refute His Word...you only deny it.

God's Word is the truth. Isnt it?

Fornication is a sin against one’s own body. The Bible says that. Refute the Bible at your own risk. The Bible says to flee fornication. Move on. Your lies make me weary.

How can that be? It does one no harm. Please tell me, specifically, what part of God's Word sharing and enjoying sex with a partner breaks? Which of these? Forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, compassion.

You just define fornication and go from there. It’s not difficult. It’s in the Bible. Read it. Is holiness anywhere in your vocabulary? Be ye holy for I am holy.
How can that be? It does one no harm. Please tell me, specifically, what part of God's Word sharing and enjoying sex with a partner breaks? Which of these? Forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, compassion.

You just define fornication and go from there. It’s not difficult. It’s in the Bible. Read it. Is holiness anywhere in your vocabulary? Be ye holy for I am holy.

No...you have to tell me how sharing and enjoying sex with a partner is harmful. How does it break God's Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion? Which one(s) does it break?

Dont invent people mistreating each other during sex...anything people do can be acted on maliciously. We're just discussing the basic responsible sharing of sex.

No...you have to tell me how sharing and enjoying sex with a partner is harmful. How does it break God's Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion? Which one(s) does it break?

Dont invent people mistreating each other during sex...anything people do can be acted on maliciously. We're just discussing the basic responsible sharing of sex.
No. Read the Bible. You say you have the Holy Spirit. Ask God. You’re just making stuff up otherwise.

No. Read the Bible. You say you have the Holy Spirit. Ask God. You’re just making stuff up otherwise.

I asked you a direct question and you continue to deny God's Word...why? Can you answer it or not?

Tell me how sharing and enjoying sex with a partner is harmful? How does it break God's Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion? Which one(s) does it break? Why would God forbid something that is good and beneficial for His Children? Is God irrational?​
If you cant answer...what does that say about your faith, your piety, your committment to God? Thus far, your denial is an outrage before Him.

I asked you a direct question and you continue to deny God's Word...why? Can you answer it or not?

Tell me how sharing and enjoying sex with a partner is harmful? How does it break God's Word of forgiveness, peace, brotherly love, and compassion? Which one(s) does it break? Why would God forbid something that is good and beneficial for His Children? Is God irrational?​
If you cant answer...what does that say about your faith, your piety, your committment to God? Thus far, your denial is an outrage before Him.
And you’re angry now because you know you have no Biblical leg to stand on. You and the majority of the UMC are apostate. Good bye and good luck.

And you’re angry now because you know you have no Biblical leg to stand on. You and the majority of the UMC are apostate. Good bye and good luck.

What would I be angry about? You are the one failing God. You cannot defend Him...only try to disparage me. Are you saying I made up God's Word?

I asked you a direct question and you continue to deny God's Word...why? Can you answer it or not?​
If you cant answer...what does that say about your faith, your piety, your commitment to God? Thus far, your denial is an outrage before Him.​

What would I be angry about? You are the one failing God. You cannot defend Him...only try to disparage me. Are you saying I made up God's Word?

I asked you a direct question and you continue to deny God's Word...why? Can you answer it or not?​
If you cant answer...what does that say about your faith, your piety, your commitment to God? Thus far, your denial is an outrage before Him.​
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:8-10).

This is straight from Gods word. Read it and weep your way into a legitimate repentance.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:8-10).

This is straight from Gods word. Read it and weep your way into a legitimate repentance.

You are the one failing God. You cannot defend Him...only try to disparage me. Are you saying I made up God's Word? Do you not know His Word?

If you cant answer, in your own words...what does that say about your faith, your piety, your commitment to God? Thus far, your denial is an outrage before Him.

Anyone who disagrees with you, you will claim has not.
The one who has been baptized by the HOLY SPIRIT should exhibit the fruit of the SPIRIT. Tell me what they entail without using the Bible.

“ The sanctimonious who support….” Dumb. Really dumb. No one on Gods green earth supports those types of behavior. But you support drag queens reading to children, gay rights parades, and transgenders in women’s sports. Go figure. What happened to your moral compass?

If no one supports it, why is the response from churches to shuffle abusers around, defend them, cover up their crimes, and try to silence victims instead of actively working to see abusers face justice?

You may be referring to the Catholic Church. I’m not a part of that. I’m a Bible believing Christian. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. Again, I’m not a Catholic.
If no one supports it, why is the response from churches to shuffle abusers around, defend them, cover up their crimes, and try to silence victims instead of actively working to see abusers face justice?

You may be referring to the Catholic Church. I’m not a part of that. I’m a Bible believing Christian. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. Again, I’m not a Catholic.

No, Protestant churches have been doing the same things, notably the Southern Baptist Convention, Mormon Church, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

No, Protestant churches have been doing the same things, notably the Southern Baptist Convention, Mormon Church, and Jehovah's Witnesses.
Those aren’t Protestant churches. Southern Baptists are a separate movement. Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses are cults.

I understand what you’re saying though and there are no perfect churches, but it has been typically the Catholic Church that has covered for priests. It is tragic for a number of reasons.

Those aren’t Protestant churches. Southern Baptists are a separate movement. Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses are cults.

I understand what you’re saying though and there are no perfect churches, but it has been typically the Catholic Church that has covered for priests. It is tragic for a number of reasons.

Seriously? You’re going to claim that *Baptists* aren’t Protestant? You want to walk that back before I both embarrass you and destroy your credibility on this topic?

Seriously? You’re going to claim that *Baptists* aren’t Protestant? You want to walk that back before I both embarrass you and destroy your credibility on this topic?
He might be referring to the difference between protestant and Protestant churches. Sort of like the difference between libertarians and Libertarians. The former is a political ideology and the later a political party. In the case of churches, protestant would be pretty much most churches that broke away from the Catholic church in "protest", while Protestant would be a specific set of organized denominations. Baptists are protestant, but they are not Protestant.

He might be referring to the difference between protestant and Protestant churches. Sort of like the difference between libertarians and Libertarians. The former is a political ideology and the later a political party. In the case of churches, protestant would be pretty much most churches that broke away from the Catholic church in "protest", while Protestant would be a specific set of organized denominations. Baptists are protestant, but they are not Protestant.

There isn’t any specifically organized capital P Protestant Church. Baptists absolutely are an organized Protestant denomination. They are one of the biggest in the world.

But I was refer to Protestant Churches from the beginning. They have been shown to have just as much a problem with shuffling around and protecting sexual abusers as the Catholic Church has.

There isn’t any specifically organized capital P Protestant Church. Baptists absolutely are an organized Protestant denomination. They are one of the biggest in the world.

I didn't claim he was using such correctly, just that was what might have been running in his head. However, given the number of churches with Protestant in their name and their members claiming their denomination as Protestant and not Lutheran, Methodist, or whatever, I think it is argueable that Protestant has its own position as a denomination. But that is a debate for another thread.

But I was refer to Protestant Churches from the beginning. They have been shown to have just as much a problem with shuffling around and protecting sexual abusers as the Catholic Church has.

That part I have no issue with. Although it does seem at times as if the Catholic church more than their share of the media attention.

I didn't claim he was using such correctly, just that was what might have been running in his head. However, given the number of churches with Protestant in their name and their members claiming their denomination as Protestant and not Lutheran, Methodist, or whatever, I think it is argueable that Protestant has its own position as a denomination. But that is a debate for another thread.

That part I have no issue with. Although it does seem at times as if the Catholic church more than their share of the media attention.

Because the Catholic Church’s malfeasance has had more time in the spotlight. The revelations about sexual abuse in the SBC for instance only came to light in the last couple years.

Why would you want to “embarrass me and “destroy my credibility”?

For the record there are two views/opinions on whether or not Baptists are Protestant or not because of the differences in their beliefs as opposed to traditional Protestants. However, the majority view is that they are Protestants so I STAND CORRECTED. Now if that embarrasses me or destroys my credibility in your view, good for you. You win.

As per your assertion that the SBC or any other Christian organization is on a par with the ongoing issues in the Catholic Church you are badly mistaken. Although there have violations they don’t even approach what has happened in the Catholic Church community. So there’s that. Your assertion is way off base and grossly inaccurate.

Because the Catholic Church’s malfeasance has had more time in the spotlight. The revelations about sexual abuse in the SBC for instance only came to light in the last couple years.
Why do you think the sexual abuse in the SBC just came to light? Because it hasn’t been going on as long and to the degree of the Catholic community.

Back
Top Bottom