• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Spain under lock down

Sorry; I have no idea what you mean. I do know that the Russians are trying to sow division with the European Union in order to undermine its value for European citizens. I suppose it is a similar tactic to what is used against Americans. It appears that the current Russian kleptocracy yearns for the old Soviet empire when Russia was a superpower. They believe they can only succeed by attempting to tear apart other political and social systems. It is a tragedy.

Norway isnt part of the EU. I agree with Russia, it's not a great country politically

Was expecting that. We should hopefully soon start to see a downward trend on infections, but adding at least another week or two to the lockdown is a good idea.

Sent from my Honor 8X
Agreed, totally.

Against my original intention, I had to go down to the coast yesterday afternoon/evening since the charging cable on my cell phone had gone awry. To my relief the biggest "hypermarket" here had not only its food store open but also its electrical/electronic department open. Bought some light bulbs while I was at it.:cool:

Only thing I also needed were firelighters, seeing how my last delivery of firewood had somewhat "young" logs which are hell to get going and take about half a packet of "pastillas". And that's where, for the first time, I encountered difficulties on account of that shelf being completely empty. Same thing in the next three supermarkets that I tried until I found the last 8 packets in a small shop.

Bought the whole friggin' lot and, when the chica looked somewhat aghast, explained that I was taking the pressure off loo paper by burning my droppings. Should have grinned while saying that cuz for a moment there she looked like she believed me, but her Dad was meanwhile in stitches.:lol:

Agreed, totally.

Against my original intention, I had to go down to the coast yesterday afternoon/evening since the charging cable on my cell phone had gone awry. To my relief the biggest "hypermarket" here had not only its food store open but also its electrical/electronic department open. Bought some light bulbs while I was at it.:cool:

Only thing I also needed were firelighters, seeing how my last delivery of firewood had somewhat "young" logs which are hell to get going and take about half a packet of "pastillas". And that's where, for the first time, I encountered difficulties on account of that shelf being completely empty. Same thing in the next three supermarkets that I tried until I found the last 8 packets in a small shop.

Bought the whole friggin' lot and, when the chica looked somewhat aghast, explained that I was taking the pressure off loo paper by burning my droppings. Should have grinned while saying that cuz for a moment there she looked like she believed me, but her Dad was meanwhile in stitches.[emoji38]
Yea, am thinking of hitting the stores Monday or Tuesday, but still not sure. I have food, just run out of fresh stuff and down to my last onion. Sadly my freezer is not big so can't store much. We shall see, maybe it is time to go vegan lite.

Sent from my Honor 8X

~ Sadly my freezer is not big so can't store much ~

Turns out our UK panic buyers have been buying up fridges and freezers, many second hand. I know some dog owners who have fridges and freezers to keep pet food separate from human food... that might change awful quick.

How are the panic buying stats in Spain? Lots of hoarding?

Turns out our UK panic buyers have been buying up fridges and freezers, many second hand. I know some dog owners who have fridges and freezers to keep pet food separate from human food... that might change awful quick.

Not that I can see or have heard. There are guards at the supermarket letting in X number of people at a time and everything is from what friends tell me..fully stocked. I suspect certain items might be limited to x number per person but that is only common sense.

Sent from my Honor 8X

Not that I can see or have heard. There are guards at the supermarket letting in X number of people at a time and everything is from what friends tell me..fully stocked. I suspect certain items might be limited to x number per person but that is only common sense.

Sent from my Honor 8X

Switzerland started issuing cards (my partner's sister tells me from Zurich) and slots for people to go shopping. Very organised - if a little bit anal retentive...

Switzerland started issuing cards (my partner's sister tells me from Zurich) and slots for people to go shopping. Very organised - if a little bit anal retentive...
Good idea. Here and in Denmark they are setting up plastic barriers between the cashier and customer.... Also a good thing. Anything to help against this crap.

Sent from my Honor 8X

Good idea. Here and in Denmark they are setting up plastic barriers between the cashier and customer.... Also a good thing. Anything to help against this crap.

Sent from my Honor 8X

My partner works in an opticians - she's not allowed to complain that there's no facemasks or barriers as it would be bad for business. One of the opticians sent a patient home yesterday that had come in coughing with a dry throat....

My partner works in an opticians - she's not allowed to complain that there's no facemasks or barriers as it would be bad for business. One of the opticians sent a patient home yesterday that had come in coughing with a dry throat....
Well not a problem here since they are all closed....

Sent from my Honor 8X

Funnily enough I bought a freezer just two weeks ago. Nothing to do with the coming lockdown since nobody knew of its coming, just that, come summer, I was always irritated at the wanting capacity of the freezer compartment of my fridge/freezer"combo".

Luck, I guess.

Don't have dogs anymore, but stocking up for 2-3 weeks always was my preference in summer so I could avoid the mad rushing coastal crowds for as long as possible. Now it all comes in handy a bit earlier.

There's a stark realisation in the UK that we are an island, and therefore the last in the food chain.

The fan hasn't even started spinning yet, and just look at us go already!

Lovely bit of video from a Spanish friend in Mallorca - 3 police cars driving down a little village, stops and the police get out to cheer people up with some impromptu singing, dancing and guitar playing.

It's on Facebook so I won't post the link here.

33k infected, 2000+ dead and 3500+ cured. Infection rate seems to be stagnating somewhat. However more quick testing kits have arrived from Korea so that might change.

The strain on the Madrid hospital system is insane....800+ in ICU.

Sent from my Honor 8X

33k infected, 2000+ dead and 3500+ cured. Infection rate seems to be stagnating somewhat. However more quick testing kits have arrived from Korea so that might change.

The strain on the Madrid hospital system is insane....800+ in ICU.

The quote below is from a piece on the virus, which I posted in another thread.

My query with it is, if Covid-19 isn't in any form a “human” virus, leaving us with no known immunity. Then how are some of those infected curing themselves?

"This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity..."

The quote below is from a piece on the virus, which I posted in another thread.

My query with it is, if Covid-19 isn't in any form a “human” virus, leaving us with no known immunity. Then how are some of those infected curing themselves?

"This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity..."
people are not "curing" themselves, those that pull thru their infection with more or less symptoms simply have an immune system that manages to cope.

We still have to see for how long the immunity thus acquired (as any immunity resulting from a successful overcoming of a virus infection) will last.

Like with the flue, a vaccine, once developed, will do nothing other than arouse the immune system by provoking it with a milder form of infection.

So one can say that those having actually contracted the damn thing and having overcome it, are now at less risk than those un-infected currently in lockdown.

That latter bit was in fact the basis for BoJo's insane herd immunity theory, until somebody told him the numbers of deaths to expect with such an out-of-lab experiment.

Meanwhile, what really would have caused me endless laughter, had it not been so sad, was the gubmints appeal to common sense of the public and thinking it would take. Considering how that public is comprised in majority of the same fools that voted this clown into office.

Oxymoron at its peak.

Meanwhile, what really would have caused me endless laughter, had it not been so sad, was the gubmints appeal to common sense of the public and thinking it would take. Considering how that public is comprised in majority of the same fools that voted this clown into office.

Absolutely!

The realisation of the amount of common sense lacking in the UK this past week has been very painful to witness.

Absolutely!

The realisation of the amount of common sense lacking in the UK this past week has been very painful to witness.
Oh, it wasn't much different here BEFORE the lockdown.

Nor, for that matter, in Germany, if the TV pictures of beer and dance parties in the parks were anything to go by.

Idiots working on the take "if you close my pub I'll open my own, even if it means doing that on the lawn".

~ the gubmints appeal to common sense of the public and thinking it would take. Considering how that public is comprised in majority of the same fools that voted this clown into office.

Oxymoron at its peak.

To be fair, that same approach was taken by governments all around the West. I watched a frustrated Canadian minister warning people about their action having consequence on personal freedoms. As you also say - the Germans found the same as did the French and Italians.

Was a good ole "Chagos rant" anyway. :mrgreen:

Had my first day in isolation - my partner had to go to work (she works in an opticians who are now about to focus on emergency cases only - just as Scotland did a week ago) and we had double glazing fitters finishing off their installation of doors and windows at my house.
Daughter produced a 3 second animation and then did a whole exercise book for Key Stage 2 English. She'll be a pro by the end of this - hopefully we'll be able to live on her profits....

Back
Top Bottom