• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So you want to protect your home huh? [W:297, *567*]

Re: So you want to protect your home huh? [W:297]

Dukworld, it's Howard's home planet before he was teleported to Earth landing in Cleveland if I remember the movie correctly.

There you go. The comic book actually, but yeah. Trapped in a world that I never made.

Re: So you want to protect your home huh?

Surely if that is what I meant then I probably would have said that. Did I say that?

All but. Your statement heavily implied that the government cannot steal property because it can define its own actions as legal.

All but. Your statement heavily implied that the government cannot steal property because it can define its own actions as legal.

No, this Duck is an American duck. The Constitution is in many ways a social compact. We give up small things in order to form a more perfect union. I could list those things but you already know what I am talking about.

For example, I am not allowed to have c4 in my neighborhood. I guess it's a zoning thing. Who knows? But I kind of get their point.

I give up my sacred second amendment right to bear c4 as an armament in exchange for a safer, more orderly society.

I'm fairly sure you know where I am going with this.

I said general welfare clause. That presumably would allow me to tax in order to advance our general welfare. So we'd get guns to melt down in exchange for a tax credit.

Everyone loves them some tax credits. Winner, winner, chicken dinner

The General Welfare clause authorizes a lot of things, a lot more than right-wingers claim... and a lot less than they actually do.

But one thing it does not, absolutely can not, authorize is the violation of our Constitutional rights.

The Constitutional theory you are advocating is totalitarian lunacy. It could be used to justify any policy in contradiction to any other part of the Constitution.

All because you do not respect the need, the right, and the duty of your fellow Americans to arm themselves for self-defense.

The General Welfare clause authorizes a lot of things, a lot more than right-wingers claim... and a lot less than they actually do.

But one thing it does not, absolutely can not, authorize is the violation of our Constitutional rights.

The Constitutional theory you are advocating is totalitarian lunacy. It could be used to justify any policy in contradiction to any other part of the Constitution.

All because you do not respect the need, the right, and the duty of your fellow Americans to arm themselves for self-defense.

How would you spend your Duck plan tax credit?

And it is none of your business why we want to take your guns.

If this isn’t the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen posted here, it’s definitely in the top 10. Of course seizing someone’s property is the business of the property owner.

Crime and accidents among CCW holders is VERY VERY low. It works quite well. It should be expanded

The crime rate has little to do with the amount of training. The reason crime rate is so low among CCW holders is mainly because it's the law abiding that seek CCW permits.

Nah. Eventually we'd have to demonstrate in court a legal justification for our actions (I'm thinking : article 2, "general welfare clause" ), but we never are obliged to tell you of our true motivation.

Don't be a snowflake.

Calling out something incredibly stupid isn’t actually being a snowflake.

How would you spend your Duck plan tax credit?

Expanding my unicorn herd. I don't suppose you'd be going door to door to collect any guns, though.

Calling out something incredibly stupid isn’t actually being a snowflake.

He's just trolling at this point.

Fine could be "I wish they would get training" or "It's mandatory that they get training". I see you ignored the rest of the post, but that's typical behavior for you. It's much easier for you to play your little games.

What level of training do you believe anyone should have to carry guns in public, and is that sufficient to be able to carry in public?

You can stop now. I'm not entertaining that nonsense.

Seems to work just fine as it is. You realize how infrequent accidents occur right?

Do you have any evidence that a statistically significant figure of people can’t handle their rights? You are the one trying to violate rights without a constitutional amenfment after all.

Nice try. The fact is you're fine with people carrying around weapons that they don't know how to use being a danger to themselves and anybody around them.

Nice try. The fact is you're fine with people carrying around weapons that they don't know how to use being a danger to themselves and anybody around them.

Prove that this is an issue. Show that there is a significant number of people who legally own guns, carry them in public and have no training. Show that this has resulted in a danger to the public resulting in deaths and injuries.

Much ado about nothing as usual.

You can stop now. I'm not entertaining that nonsense.

Yes, actually having to present a cogent argument is outside your comfort zone. So much easier to just dismiss posts pithily.

He's just trolling at this point.

I think you could largely say that about him at any point. It’s all good. It was time to change up my sig anyway.

assuming factoids not in evidence. Just because the Democrat masters don't trust some folks to carry a firearm, is no reason for you to complain that other citizens live in SHALL ISSUE states

The crime rate has little to do with the amount of training. The reason crime rate is so low among CCW holders is mainly because it's the law abiding that seek CCW permits.

You have a theory. Lets mandate the training and test it out

Perhaps, but we aren't obliged to tell you our true motivations for doing so.

Will you be sending men with guns to take guns from men with guns? Will you stack up with SWAT to help take doors?

Will you be sending men with guns to take guns from men with guns? Will you stack up with SWAT to help take doors?

No need for SWAT. You will politely turn them over. you will not die over this

That ^^^^ is certainly a reasonable debate tactic. ;)

He's not here to debate. He's here to bluster and troll.

The Australian experience suggests that the vast majority of people would stack their guns up neatly.

The ones who don't should ask David Koresh how things worked out for him.

Back
Top Bottom