• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So When Will Pelosi Call the Vote?

I love how unhinged the cultists are about this.

Every day, more damning info comes out, Nancy knows when to call the vote...

That is a lie and there is no indication that a vote will change anything. The Whitehouse must comply or obstruction will be added to the impeachment articles.

Indication? What the hell are you talking about. Without an Impeachment Inquiry vote, you rob the subpoena power from the accused. This ain't gonna happen. Without the vote you don't have an Impeachment Inquiry, you have a witch hunt and nobody at the WH is going to provide you with anything no matter how much you cry about obstruction.

If Pelosi had the vote she would ram it down Trumps throat. EVERYBODY knows she doesn't have the vote or she would go get it. What a crock.

The only floor vote she'll allow will be for articles of impeachment. But she won't allow that until she thinks she has enough speculative evidence to provide sufficient cover for her vulnerable members. I don't think she's there yet. She needs her committees to get people in for hearings so they have material they can cherry pick...like they did with Volker.

But she has two problems:

1. Trump has told her to go pound sand in regard to the hearings...and there's nothing she can effectively do about that.

2. The Horowitz/Barr/Durham bomb is ticking, it's going to START exploding in a couple of weeks and it's only going to get bigger and more damaging after that.

Because of these reasons, she very well could be forced to pull her trigger before her gun is fully loaded and it will likely blow up in her face.
She can start throwing them in jail, which is what I advocate. But that might be time consuming. Still, I think it's well worth it.

There is an impeachment inquiry. It was announced by the Speaker of the House. That's all it takes. An impeachment inquiry is whatever Speaker Pelosi says it is. It's stated explicitly in the Constitution:

No it isn't. Until you have an Inquiry vote you rob the accused of subpoena power. There will be no Impeachment or witnesses to depose until they get the vote. If Pelosi had the vote she would have asked for it. All voters knows what this is, its another fake claim and it was just announced that this WB actually worked for Biden. This is going down faster than it started.

What a crock

What does Durham have to do with this?
He's really important, you know. He's been brought up to try to distract you from trump's actions.

She can start throwing them in jail, which is what I advocate. But that might be time consuming. Still, I think it's well worth it.

I don't see that happening. It's fun to think about though. lol

But maybe they can fine them.

polls aren't what they appear to be....or Pelosi would have already impeached and Senate would have voted to impeach and Trump would be gone....its all an illusion.

Pelosi is playing to mad base..enjoy the show. I am. the swamp is mad and getting crazier every day.
She is playing to her base and the Indies Trump needs to succeed in his re-election bid.

That would be a political mistake.

Because this is Impeachment. There is nothing more serious that a congress can do other than vote to go to war.

The Minority gets certain privileges that they do not get in an Impeachment Inquiry until there is a floor vote. This Congress is full of snakes and idiots like Nunes who will gum up the works to no end before the committees can even sift through all of Trump's malfeasances and sort the merely interesting from the truly heinous and Impeachable. That is the job the various committees are doing right now. They however will not produce Articles of Impeachment. Judiciary will do that.

The Minority will get the privileges it wants at the point when there in only one committee left and only the actual work of developing Articles to be done. The craven sniveling GOP snakes of Judiciary really can't do much damage to the process at that point. They will still try and they will gum it up as much as they can as that has been the WH and GOP strategy regarding everything, little defense offered, lots of gumming up done. But they won't be able to gum up the works that badly at the point when the individual committee work is done and only Judiciary remains.

They will have their shot at exercising privileges at the point when there is only one committee working. They just won't get much of a chance to gum up the works which is their real intent. If each Minority Panel gets to do it in all 6 committees, it will be 2028 before they ever even get out of those committees.
Nice synopsis.

I would not recommend you for Minority Leader opposing Pelosi's Speakership. She would eat your lunch every day and twice on Sunday.
You know, she came up in B'more - right? Baltimore Italian, back in the 50's. She's one tough lady.

Good point.
I'd like to add that it was Republicans the changed the rules during Benghazi and F&F, so that chairs could issue subpoenas without consulting the minority, or holding a vote.

Just as it came back to bite Dems that Reid changed the rules (not that he wasn't forced to), it's REALLY coming back to bite Republicans that Gowdy, Chaffetz, and Issa changed the subpoena rules.

Cummings warned them.

The House has sole Impeachment power as per the Constitution. Not the Speaker

An Impeachment Inquiry one could argue is part of the Impeachment process, therefore, the House should vote on that process to proceed

-VySky
With all respect, I have no idea how you derived the latter I bolded from the former, which by the way is erroneous in your characterization. Regardless, the Constitution grants the Speaker of the House sole discretion of how she chooses to run the proceedings.

Once again, here is the direct passage from the Constitution:

The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

For reference, that's Art 1, Sect 2, Cl 5. I suggest you give it a read.

There is an impeachment inquiry. It was announced by the Speaker of the House. That's all it takes. An impeachment inquiry is whatever Speaker Pelosi says it is. It's stated explicitly in the Constitution:

Pelosi could have said Impeachment Investigation and made it easier for our little Trumpette goon squad to figure it out. But why should she have. She is the Speaker. Its her prerogative. I have used Impeachment Investigation in some posts as have others in order to make it easier for our IRA forum participants to work though what must look like a quagmire of US law and governance and to distinguish this part of the process from the next part. Things are much easier to figure out where they live. The rule of the day, this very 24 hour day is what Putin says it is. Could change tomorrow depending on what side of the bed Putin gets out off.

I have grown to really question whether many of these folks are actually US citizens. I mean, when they don't even realize that dealing with House Rules is one of the first things a new Congress does, I mean REALLY....are they foreign paid propagandists or US Citizens?

No it isn't. Until you have an Inquiry vote you rob the accused of subpoena power. There will be no Impeachment or witnesses to depose until they get the vote. If Pelosi had the vote she would have asked for it. All voters knows what this is, its another fake claim and it was just announced that this WB actually worked for Biden. This is going down faster than it started.

What a crock
This is patently false - all of it. Read the Constitution, Condor. Trump enjoys no due process, here.

The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

That's Art 1, Sect 2, Cl 5 - if you're interested. I suggest you read it from the source.

This is patently false - all of it. Read the Constitution, Condor. Trump enjoys no due process, here.

That's Art 1, Sect 2, Cl 5 - if you're interested. I suggest you read it from the source.

Where does it say in the Constitution that an anonymous Whistle Blower, who we just found out worked directly for Biden, can Impeach a president. This is why they didn't go for the vote. You keep quoting those articles while the Democrats are exposed for the fraud party they are. This is the biggest scam this country has ever seen.

He's really important, you know. He's been brought up to try to distract you from trump's actions.

I know and it's so annoying. But I guess that's the point.

I don't see that happening. It's fun to think about though. lol

But maybe they can fine them.
Why not? Gingrich put Susan Mcdougal behind bars for a year & a half! And that was over an extra-marital affair. Do you not think Trump's actions are not more heinous? I certainly do.

I would've jailed Lewandowski before he could leave the floor, and then see who else wants to be a tough guy. I bet they'd all come running to the House in a heart beat ...

Does she have the political courage to do so? I think she will never hold the vote as it will give the Republicans subpoena power. Then the cast of characters from Schiff on down to Pelosi will have to testify under oath. My guess is she lacks the courage to go there.

So, what is your best guess on when she will hold the vote?

Will Schiff release the transcripts? What's he hiding?

Inquiring minds want to know

-VySky

She will not call a vote, infact she had blocked impechment proceedings until pushback from her party became too great to ignore. My guess is she has been in long enough to know certain lines should not be crossed or else everyone else gets to cross them ie if she puts a vote for impeachment over something not deemed really a high crime, the republicans will do it for the next dem president, and we can end up like a banana republic where the leaders change hands like banana pickers.

I do not think she is dumb enough to take this past grandstanding, and knows how much it can backfire, while other democrats hatred for trump has made them willing to go full on assault without once thinking about how it will end up or how precedents set will work against them.

I'd like to add that it was Republicans the changed the rules during Benghazi and F&F, so that chairs could issue subpoenas without consulting the minority, or holding a vote.

Just as it came back to bite Dems that Reid changed the rules (not that he wasn't forced to), it's REALLY coming back to bite Republicans that Gowdy, Chaffetz, and Issa changed the subpoena rules.

Cummings warned them.
Agreed. Though I would prefer if subpoena's required a majority House vote.

What do you think about pursuing contempt charges, like done with Susan McDougal? I'm all for it.

Pelosi could have said Impeachment Investigation and made it easier for our little Trumpette goon squad to figure it out. But why should she have. She is the Speaker. Its her prerogative. I have used Impeachment Investigation in some posts as have others in order to make it easier for our IRA forum participants to work though what must look like a quagmire of US law and governance and to distinguish this part of the process from the next part. Things are much easier to figure out where they live. The rule of the day, this very 24 hour day is what Putin says it is. Could change tomorrow depending on what side of the bed Putin gets out off.

I have grown to really question whether many of these folks are actually US citizens. I mean, when they don't even realize that dealing with House Rules is one of the first things a new Congress does, I mean REALLY....are they foreign paid propagandists or US Citizens?
I really think the problem here is a combination of blind partisan ship, along with a lack of education on the Constitution.

She will not call a vote, infact she had blocked impechment proceedings until pushback from her party became too great to ignore. My guess is she has been in long enough to know certain lines should not be crossed or else everyone else gets to cross them ie if she puts a vote for impeachment over something not deemed really a high crime, the republicans will do it for the next dem president, and we can end up like a banana republic where the leaders change hands like banana pickers.

I do not think she is dumb enough to take this past grandstanding, and knows how much it can backfire, while other democrats hatred for trump has made them willing to go full on assault without once thinking about how it will end up or how precedents set will work against them.

You don't know Pelosi very well. She is very cautious and very very adept and all stop until she is go. She will see this Impeachment business through to the end. Take it to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom