• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Snowfalls Are Now Just A Thing Of The Past

[h=1]The Coming Polar Bear Battle In Toronto[/h]From Dr. Benny Peiser GWPF details on the upcoming battle. Coming next Tuesday to Toronto’s swanky Yorkville district, it’s the 2018 Polar Bear Showdown, an international display of conflicting views on the state of polar-bear science. At one corner in Yorkville, in the ballroom of the upmarket Four Seasons Hotel, Polar Bears International (PBI) will stage a grand, $15,000-a-table gala to raise funds to protect…

4 days ago February 22, 2018 in Polarbeargate.

Oh look. A ‘sports anthropologist’ is discussing climate and ecology.

Benny Peiser | DeSmogBlog

Although the description of a ‘showdown’ is hilarious. One is a bunch of responsible scientists and supporters at a fundraiser, and another is a group of deniers announcing a report from a non-expert who currently holds down a part time job.

Good for him.

[h=3]Benny Peiser - Wikipedia[/h]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Peiser

Jump to Involvement in the climate-change debate - Physicist Laurence I. Gould from the University of Hartford, in his editorial entitled 'Global Warming from a Critical Perspective' (2007) included Benny Peiser's argument in favour of the Oxford Union debate proposition entitled "This House believes that alarmism has ...Background · ‎Cambridge Conference ... · ‎Global Warming Policy ...

The IPCC reports of 2001 and 2007 made clear they expected a DECREASING amount of snow, when reality is INCREASING snow and cold waves.

♦ IPCC TAR (2001): “Milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms”

♦ IPCC AR4 (2007): “Snow season length and snow depth are very likely to decrease in most of North America”

US Blizzards, Snowfalls Have Increased Since1950s, Surprising Global Warming Climatologists

By P Gosselin on 20. February 2018

On January 4 NTZ weekly contributor Kenneth Richard published a list of 485 papers dumping cold water on climate alarmism in 2017.

Looking through the list I find published papers showing that snowfall frequency has in fact increased over the the past 60 years!

Blizzard activity jumps fourfold

For example a paper by Coleman and Schwartz, 2017 revealed 713 blizzards over the 55 years with 57 federal disaster declarations resulting. Of these 57 declared disasters, more than a half have occurred since the year 2000.

The published scientific study also founds that “seasonal blizzard frequencies displayed a distinct upward trend, with a more substantial rise over the past two decades”.

LINK

Last edited:
From Rutgers Snow labs

Northern Hemisphere Large snowfall growth

Fall:

LINK

Winter:

LINK

records / snowfall
[h=1]Erie, PA buried under 13 feet of snowfall – breaks all-time record[/h]From the “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past” by climate scientist Dr. David Viner department comes this news from NOAA/NWS: With 156 inches between December 2017 and February 2018, Erie, Pennsylvania, set a new record for most winter snowfall: Via NOAA/NCEI on Twitter 156 inches is 13 feet. The next closest…

records / snowfall
[h=1]Erie, PA buried under 13 feet of snowfall – breaks all-time record[/h]From the “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past” by climate scientist Dr. David Viner department comes this news from NOAA/NWS: With 156 inches between December 2017 and February 2018, Erie, Pennsylvania, set a new record for most winter snowfall: Via NOAA/NCEI on Twitter 156 inches is 13 feet. The next closest…

The IPCC in several reports clearly say there would be LESS snow and more rain/freezing rain in the winter time. Yet we get the very opposite.

Warmists keeps rationalizing their modeling failures.

The IPCC in several reports clearly say there would be LESS snow and more rain/freezing rain in the winter time. Yet we get the very opposite.

Warmists keeps rationalizing their modeling failures.

Well, this describes the weather in the Midwest over the last decade or two.

When I was a kind, rain in January would be just bizarre. Now, it’s common.

But then again, regional stuff is regional stuff.

Well, this describes the weather in the Midwest over the last decade or two.

When I was a kind, rain in January would be just bizarre. Now, it’s common.

But then again, regional stuff is regional stuff.

You know perfectly well that what you did was rationalize away a teeny spot in North America.

Rutgers Snow Laws shows a significant Winter Snowfall increase

https://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/chart_seasonal.php?ui_set=nhland&ui_season=1

Growth in Fall time too, but winter is the most important part since that is the time frame the IPCC centered on.

...and where exactly in the IPCC did it say snow would lessen in the Northern Hemisphere?

15.2.4.1.2.4. Ice Storms
Milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms but could cause an increase in freezing rain if average daily temperatures fluctuate about the freezing point.

LINK

I can see that your question is designed to become a goal post set up. I have more ahead for you to stumble on.

LINK

I can see that your question is designed to become a goal post set up. I have more ahead for you to stumble on.

Umm... so I ask about your assertion that the IPCC predicted less snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere and you link to something about ice storms? And the only mention is a decrease in heavy snowstorms but says nothing about overall snow totals?

And then you whine about ME moving goalposts?

[emoji23]

Umm... so I ask about your assertion that the IPCC predicted less snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere and you link to something about ice storms? And the only mention is a decrease in heavy snowstorms but says nothing about overall snow totals?

And then you whine about ME moving goalposts?

[emoji23]

Ha ha ha....,

you did EXACTLY what I expected, because you are SOOOOO Ignorant!

again the quote:

2001 IPCC report

15.2.4.1.2.4. Ice Storms
Milder winter temperatures will decrease heavy snowstorms but could cause an increase in freezing rain if average daily temperatures fluctuate about the freezing point.

bolding mine

Already gave you this link,

Rutgers Snow Labs

You then made a goal post question, I replied by showing that MILDER WINTER TEMPERATURES (invalidated) DECREASE HEAVY SNOWFALL (invalidated) by the official snowfall N.H. record.

Now lets see what your reply will be to this:

US Blizzards, Snowfalls Have Increased Since 1950s, Surprising Global Warming Climatologists

Excerpt:

Blizzard activity jumps fourfold

For example a paper by Coleman and Schwartz, 2017 revealed 713 blizzards over the 55 years with 57 federal disaster declarations resulting. Of these 57 declared disasters, more than a half have occurred since the year 2000.

The published scientific study also founds that “seasonal blizzard frequencies displayed a distinct upward trend, with a more substantial rise over the past two decades”.
It adds that the modeled increase in blizzard activity showed a “nearly fourfold upsurge between the start and end of the study period at 5.9 and 21.6 blizzards, respectively”. If the trend continues, then we would need to expect even more such blizzards.
and,

Greenland, Antarctica And Dozens Of Areas Worldwide Have Not Seen Any Warming In 60 Years And More!

Excerpt:

Since 1870s – no warming

Greenland – no warming
New Zealand – no warming
Antarctica – no warming
North Atlantic – no warming
Western Pacific – no warming
India/Western Himalaya – no warming
Pakistan – no warming
Turkey – no warming
Himalayas/Nepal – no warming
Siberia – no warming
Portugal – no warming
NE China – no warming
SW China – no warming
South China – no warming
West China – no warming
Southern South America – no warming
Canada (B.C.) – no warming
Canada Central – no warming

Since 1940s/50s – no warming

Northern Hemisphere – no warming
Arctic Region – no warming
Greenland – no warming
South Iceland – no warming
North Iceland – no warming
Alaska – no warming
New York – no warming
Rural U.S. – no warming
Northern Europe – no warming
Western Europe – no warming
Mediterranean Region – no warming
Finland and Sweden – no warming
East Antarctica – no warming
North Atlantic – no warming
Western North Atlantic – no warming
Brazil – no warming
SE Australia – no warming
Southern South America – no warming
Andes Mountains – no warming
Chile – no warming
===========================
I have more, you want to continue to fight reality?

:cool:

Ha ha ha....,

you did EXACTLY what I expected, because you are SOOOOO Ignorant!

again the quote:

2001 IPCC report

bolding mine

Already gave you this link,

Rutgers Snow Labs

You then made a goal post question, I replied by showing that MILDER WINTER TEMPERATURES (invalidated) DECREASE HEAVY SNOWFALL (invalidated) by the official snowfall N.H. record.

Now lets see what your reply will be to this:

US Blizzards, Snowfalls Have Increased Since 1950s, Surprising Global Warming Climatologists

Excerpt:

and,

Greenland, Antarctica And Dozens Of Areas Worldwide Have Not Seen Any Warming In 60 Years And More!

Excerpt:

===========================
I have more, you want to continue to fight reality?

[emoji41]

I’m sure you have lots of denier blogs to cite, and can talk about all kinds of regional weather variations.

But I was asking where the IPCC said you will see less snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere (not ‘heavy storms’...there is a difference, and not just the Eastern US, that wasn’t the prediction or the data you posted), and you have furiously posted everything you can that...*doesn’t* point to where the IPCC prediction was wrong.

You also, oddly, have posted your ‘evidence’ as a graph of snow extent...which isn’t snowfall.

You’re not real good with this science thing...are you?

Don’t tell me- you were a poli sci major.

I’m sure you have lots of denier blogs to cite, and can talk about all kinds of regional weather variations.

But I was asking where the IPCC said you will see less snowfall in the Northern Hemisphere (not ‘heavy storms’...there is a difference, and not just the Eastern US, that wasn’t the prediction or the data you posted), and you have furiously posted everything you can that...*doesn’t* point to where the IPCC prediction was wrong.

You also, oddly, have posted your ‘evidence’ as a graph of snow extent...which isn’t snowfall.

You’re not real good with this science thing...are you?

Don’t tell me- you were a poli sci major.

You are too lazy to see that all the information came from the IPCC, Rutgers Snow Labs, American Meteorology Society, several published science papers (Listed) and all those no warming links are from original sources (mostly published science papers). NONE of it was made by Kenneth Richards the author of the post.

Already showed that large areas of Southern Hemisphere NOT warming at all.

Since you never offered an actual counterpoint to the articles, or my posts..................., it is clear you are full of hot air.

You are a hypocrite because you are same one who fell deeply in love with a H. Stick paper that covered the Northern Hemisphere only, yet you treat it like it was global.

:roll:

Let's search the world for some atypical weather and claim it's caused by the "evil doings" of men! WTF?

I thought the world was rid of such primitive superstitions with the dawn of the enlightenment some 300 years ago. Apparently only conservatives have severed this umbilical link to the primitive past; the olden days of "belief" that you lefty's like to call "progressive"

Actually primitive man was likely to blame the weather on the Gods. It appear Conservatives have revived those ancient superstitions because they don't believe man can affect climate. Thanks for pointing that out.

How many times do we have to talk about the difference between weather and climate? How many idiot Republicans are going to preach to Congress that a snowball from someone's yard disproves Climate Change? (And a little hint, Climate is always in shift... there has never been a time in all of Earth's history that climate reach some point and never changed again.)

Increased snow... FFS.

When the left's chicken littles quit trying to push government rules and regulations based on their inane BS about "AGW"

Actually primitive man was likely to blame the weather on the Gods. It appear Conservatives have revived those ancient superstitions because they don't believe man can affect climate. Thanks for pointing that out.

Who says men don't effect climate?

You are too lazy to see that all the information came from the IPCC, Rutgers Snow Labs, American Meteorology Society, several published science papers (Listed) and all those no warming links are from original sources (mostly published science papers). NONE of it was made by Kenneth Richards the author of the post.

Already showed that large areas of Southern Hemisphere NOT warming at all.

Since you never offered an actual counterpoint to the articles, or my posts..................., it is clear you are full of hot air.

You are a hypocrite because you are same one who fell deeply in love with a H. Stick paper that covered the Northern Hemisphere only, yet you treat it like it was global.

:roll:

Odd. You didn’t bother to actually address the points I made, and once again pretend that because something was written somewhere respectable means it applies to the debate.

Guess you didn’t know the difference between snow extent and snowfall, or what the IPCC actually predicted.

That’s OK.

I see you’re diverting to paleoclimate stuff now, which you have learned in other threads is ‘irrelevant’ to what we are actually discussing now.

I may have missed with the poly sci guess. Maybe psychology? Undeclared?

Now Threegoofs keeps banging his head on the wall and doesn't try to disprove anything I posted, he seems unable to see that the IPCC made a full statement concerning the planet:

15.2.4.1.2.4. Ice Storms

Usually people can see it refers to the planet, but he somehow thinks I only show evidence for N. H. when I also showed that it is cooling in large areas of Southern Hemisphere too, but he is too lazy to see that.

He hasn't posted anything normally called a rebuttal, just B.S. replies that never addresses all the evidence I posted.

Now Threegoofs keeps banging his head on the wall and doesn't try to disprove anything I posted, he seems unable to see that the IPCC made a full statement concerning the planet:

Usually people can see it refers to the planet, but he somehow thinks I only show evidence for N. H. when I also showed that it is cooling in large areas of Southern Hemisphere too, but he is too lazy to see that.

He hasn't posted anything normally called a rebuttal, just B.S. replies that never addresses all the evidence I posted.

It’s a simple question.

Sorry you’re having such a hard time with it.

Back
Top Bottom