• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Trump Be Impeached?

Should Trump be Impeached like John Dean says?

• No, committing felonies shouldn't be an impeachable offense

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You may have a point. But Trump is just waaaay too dangerously ignorant, low class, and vile to be able to just control for two more years. The damage he has done to this country is already going to take a decade or more to repair. Took us about eight years to recover from the damage done by Bush 43. And he was nowhere near as ignorant or intentionally malignant.

Things can always get worse. And if you think about it, Trump would still be just another faded reality TV star by now, if not for the fact that a lot of Americans likes what he brings to the table.

I'm not going to go on a long rant or make judgements about that, we all have our own reasons to do the things we do...some good, some not so good. But it does speak to a very disconnected, broken, angry America - not that huge portions of the citizenry disagree with each other, but rather that they are so far apart. Impeachment is a fast forward, and I don't know if fast forwards are good when everyone so very clearly needs to simmer down a sec.

Just my two cents from up here, bud, I could be full of ****. :)

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...n-on-cohen-filing-congress-will-have-to-start

Based on today's news, in which Michael Cohen implicated Trump in felony charges (campaign finance law violations), do you agree with Nixon's Counsel that Trump should be impeached?

I don't think the democrats really care what he did. They want to impeach him to show the world how terrible the Senate is and and then go after impeaching the senators who didn't vote to impeach him.

The democrats have the advantage - their long game is to gut the republican party through demographic change to destroy the gun owning, car and truck driving, climate denying, church going white middle class once and for all, and to finally make white being an object of scorn. And millionaire Nancy Pelosi is just the one to do it!

Trump just interrupted Hillary's plan to grant amnesty to every one south of the border who could drag their tent into our country. Now America is awake to the threat of our country being overhauled and the democrats are pissed.

He shouldn't be impeached unless there is a reasonable chance he will be voted out of office in the Senate, which is not likely.

If it doesn't force him out of office, it will have been a waste of resources and will wrongfoot the opposition going into 2020.

A failed impeachment effort is good for Trump. No matter how much evidence is uncovered if the GOP members of the Senate won't act on it, it's just a distraction.

OK, so you are admitting that making America great again was not about draining the swamp after all. All that was just faux outrage.

Play you games with someone else.

You are dismissed.

I don't think the democrats really care what he did. They want to impeach him to show the world how terrible the Senate is and and then go after impeaching the senators who didn't vote to impeach him.

The democrats have the advantage - their long game is to gut the republican party through demographic change to destroy the gun owning, car and truck driving, climate denying, church going white middle class once and for all, and to finally make white being an object of scorn. And millionaire Nancy Pelosi is just the one to do it!

Trump just interrupted Hillary's plan to grant amnesty to every one south of the border who could drag their tent into our country. Now America is awake to the threat of our country being overhauled and the democrats are pissed.

Looks like the Democrats will begin impeachment proceedings and as you said, they don't care what he did. They just want to win so they have no scruples when it comes to dragging the country through something like this.
I predict that if they take this route it will come back to haunt them in the 2020 presidential election. There will be no Democratic presidential win, and there will be no impeachment because the senate will never vote to convict, and oust him from office.

So what does making America great again mean to you? Bigotry, hatred, fear, and isolationism?

Surely it doesn’t mean keeping a known criminal felon in the highest office in the land, as the representative voice and face of our nation?

Try not to be so disingenuous when asking a real question. It wastes all of our time.

Cohen is saying it was all under direct instructions from his boss.

He is a big time liar and I dont care.... Cohen is the one who was most responsible for knowing the law and caring about the law, and he was responsible for himself and his actions.

No, it's not, and that has been explained to you. :shrug: Anything else?

Disagreed, but I'm content let others see which of us is a condescending ass lying about generalizations of others and who isn't. :)

Fair enough. I just don't think your country can handle an impeachment atm... You guys are already to tear each other's throats out.

He is a big time liar and I dont care.... Cohen is the one who was most responsible for knowing the law and caring about the law, and he was responsible for himself and his actions.

Trying to explain personal responsibility to a liberal is likely futile.

Looks like the Democrats will begin impeachment proceedings and as you said, they don't care what he did. They just want to win so they have no scruples when it comes to dragging the country through something like this.

So wait, let me get this straight. Let's say it turns out that Trump ordered his lawyer to do illegal things despite being told they were illegal. Let's say it turns out that he and his aids worked closely with the Russians to rig the 2016 elections. Let's say there is Kompromat and it turns out that the Russians have him by the balls because they have some really nasty dirt on him. Let's say it becomes clear that he obstructed justice at the FBI and other levels of the government.

These are all very real possibilities at this point.

So, for Dems to have "scruples", they would just have to shut up about all of it and take it like a man? Is that what you think is best for the country?

I just want you to listen to yourself for a minute. You sound like someone in a delirious fever and speaking incoherently. To recap: you may have a puppet regime installed by a hostile foreign power in your country. You may have a president running your country who could be a foreign agent. And you want everyone to just be quiet about it and take it? Because anything else would be unscrupulous?

And yet Obama was bad and a dangerous liar because once, in his attempts to increase healthcare coverage for all Americans, he said if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, and you saw someone interviewed on Fox News who couldn't? That's so much worse?

Seriously?

any impeachment proceedings needs to start with republicans in the Senate

You mean any hope of Trump's removal needs to start with republicans defecting in the Senate
which will never occur. The (R) senators perhaps are 50/50 about Trump's removal but won't budge
because they realize the voters who put those very senators in office support Trump 85% of more,
and for them voting to remove Trump would be political suicide. Not happening!

So if he did those things because his boss told him to, we should just completely ignore the boss?

You mean any hope of Trump's removal needs to start with republicans defecting in the Senate
which will never occur. The (R) senators perhaps are 50/50 about Trump's removal but won't budge
because they realize the voters who put those very senators in office support Trump 85% of more,

US senators are sworn to protect the Constitution and law of the United States, and its citizens. If proof of Trump's crimes, collusion, and obstruction become incontrovertible and they still knowingly refuse to do anything about it for political purposes, they can all, one by one, eventually be tried for treason.

This is dead serious business now. We are still a nation of laws.

There may be a large deplorable part of the US population that's perfectly OK with direct manipulation of their country by a hostile foreign power to install a foreign agent as their president. But it's illegal. As much as these senators may hate losing elections, I think they would need to think carefully about the alternative if they don't.

Last edited:

Supporting Trump may cost them their seats when their time for re-election comes up. Or, perhaps, you missed the mid-term elections memo?

But I do think you're right. In today's politics, the GOP senate would never impeach a republican president. No matter what he does. Not sure the democrats would either if the shoe was on the other foot.

But all this talk about impeachment and it still don't mean diddly-squat. Bill Clinton got impeached too. They "officailly" called him a scaliwag and then it was business as usual. If Trump got "impeached" he would just tell them all they have tiny penises and tomorrow it would business as usual. The people who support him could care less if he got impeached anyways.

**** impeachment. Toothless political bull****.

You wanna impress me? Put him in handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit.

Your TDS is obvious. This poll sucks. There should be the choice; Trump has done nothing illegal and should not be impeached.

Until I see some hard evidence, like financial records, of a felony I don't see how President Trump should be impeached.

US senators are sworn to protect the Constitution and law of the United States, and its citizens. If proof of Trump's crimes, collusion, and obstruction become incontrovertible and they still knowingly refuse to do anything about it for political purposes, they can all, one by one, eventually be tried for treason.

This is dead serious business now. We are still a nation of laws.

There may be a large deplorable part of the US population that's perfectly OK with direct manipulation of their country by a hostile foreign power to install a foreign agent as their president. But it's illegal. As much as these senators may hate losing elections, I think they would need to think carefully about the alternative if they don't.

Poorly reasoned commentary.

Exactly. And Trump directing his lawyer to use his knowledge and skills as a lawyer to conceal these payments and his lawyer following through on those directives is what makes it a criminal conspiracy.

Exactly. And Trump directing his lawyer to use his knowledge and skills as a lawyer to conceal these payments and his lawyer following through on those directives is what makes it a criminal conspiracy.

Clearly you have failed to learn the meaning of the word "exactly".

Poorly reasoned commentary.

Oh OK, I’m sorry. But now if Trump starts talking about Obama’s Kenyan birth certificate again for another six years straight- why I’m sure that will be very well reasoned, right?

Clearly you have failed to learn the meaning of the word "exactly".

Not at all I think summed up the reasons why the President is being criminally implicated as having participated in a criminal conspiracy rather nicely. Even it was not your true intention to do so.

Not at all I think summed up the reasons why the President is being criminally implicated as having participated in a criminal conspiracy rather nicely. Even it was not your true intention to do so.

The you failed to follow as I was making the opposite argument.

The you failed to follow as I was making the opposite argument.

I know that's what you thought you were doing. But you actually what you put out were the very reasons why it was a crime.

Back
Top Bottom