• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Intersexed people be forced into a gender/sex at birth?

Then why do you care if someone named Elizabeth goes into the men's room and wears a suit and tie or if someone named Charles goes into the women room wearing skinny jeans and a t-shirt, both with the term "intersexed" on their birth certificate?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I don't care. I have nothing to hide, and nothing embarrasses me. For children, it is another story. They are already confused by their own hormonal changes, discomfit with their bodies changing. No need to further confuse or embarrass them, they don't care for seeing anyone naked in person, or other than laughing at rude bodily functions.

Because you don't want to accept it? This information is found in scientific research.

Bogus science. No biologists agree with you. You have unproven hypothesis coming from sociologists who are not scientists. And let's not forget that medical doctors, no matter their specialties, are not scientists. They are practicing an art based upon hypothesis. The educated guess.

Bogus science. No biologists agree with you. You have unproven hypothesis coming from sociologists who are not scientists. And let's not forget that medical doctors, no matter their specialties, are not scientists. They are practicing an art based upon hypothesis. The educated guess.
Wrong again.

intersex | Definition & Facts | Britannica.com

Shifting syndromes: Sex chromosome variations and intersex classifications

Far more scientists, including biologists, agree with me. If you disagree, provide evidence to support your stance.

I don't care. I have nothing to hide, and nothing embarrasses me. For children, it is another story. They are already confused by their own hormonal changes, discomfit with their bodies changing. No need to further confuse or embarrass them, they don't care for seeing anyone naked in person, or other than laughing at rude bodily functions.
Children are not nearly so easily confused as some adults want to believe. That is an excuse for your own prejudices.

It is common sense to recognize every problem has a solution or needs a solution.
Being intersexed or transgendered wouldn't be a problem for most if s ok me people would just mind their own business and stop trying to force others to conform to their views.

I wasn't talking about intersex kids sorry. If that's what you want to talk about don't butt into a conversation that's not about that.
This thread is about intersexed people, not transgendered people.

So in your hypothetical a three year old boy buys his own clothes and dresses himself?

Your hypothetical is profoundly stupid
What clothes should a parent not be allowed to let their children choose to wear?

A big yes. I've read stories of those who found out they are intersex later in life. They usually knew something was wrong or felt different. (That right there should give people a clue about transgenderism)
Can you clarify this a bit? I can kinda figure out which of my questions you were answering (I believe the last one) just from your posts, but wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong in this.

Appropriate clothes.
Like what? Try being specific for boys and for girls. Outlining what wouldn't be "appropriate" for a three year old girl to wear, and likewise for a 3 year old boy.

Know the conversation I was having a boy wearing a dress.

You would know that if you read.
So boys can't wear dresses just because you say so? Pretty sure there is no law against it.

If you need remedial lessons on how to dress a child appropriately you ought not have any kids.
There is no requirement of any particular way to dress your child. It is all a matter of social pressure and/or preference, not law. Not too long ago, girls were not allowed to wear pants, and before that, you could find a picture of a US President in a dress and bonnet as a baby.

There is no requirement of any particular way to dress your child.
Stupid comment. It's even dumber the second time you make it.
It is all a matter of social pressure and/or preference, not law.
Yeah and using your child to rebel against society is extremely self centered and ****ed in the head.

Not too long ago, girls were not allowed to wear pants, and before that, you could find a picture of a US President in a dress and bonnet as a baby.
this stupidity couldn't be less relevant.

So I've been thinking about this a little because I do defend transgenderism with evidence that it could be that at least some transgendered people are in fact intersexed, but should not have to share this.

So the question is, should parents be encouraged to choose a sex for an intersexed child, and therefore a gender for them in those early years (that may change), at birth?

I like how she talks about allowing intersexed people being allowed to choose intersexed or some variant to recognize themselves as who they feel they are. It is only our own problems with accepting things outside the norm which leads us to seeing them as having an issue that we need to fix, to choose one of the "norm".

I will say that I do not think that it is just Christians who reject those that are intersexed, or at least the idea that they should be able to live life as both. I do believe that this is something that is more a cultural thing and part of human nature that simply should be examined and changed through conversations and reasoning as to why we should see choosing a sex for intersexed children as wrong.

As I have pointed out, she points out here, intersexed people represent 1-2% of the population. As a comparison, those with natural red hair make up about 1-2% of the population.

And this leads to a second question, should parents be prevented from choosing a sex/gender for their child at birth?

IM always for the most hands of and logic approach

is medical science against the choice or non choice?
Are there facts based on medical science that determine a choice or nonchoice is abuse?

It seems like a parental choice to me.
I do feel however that theres enough medical science out there where parents should be more educated, opened minded and aware

I dont see us in a place where there should be "force" in any direction. Making parents choose or not choose but i have no problem admitting my ignorance on this very specific topic. And I think thats whats important, people acknowledging they dont know it all.

Stupid comment. It's even dumber the second time you make it. Yeah and using your child to rebel against society is extremely self centered and ****ed in the head.

this stupidity couldn't be less relevant.
You keep presenting this as a parent using their child to rebel. Most of the time, the children ask to wear such clothing. It has little at all to do with the parent.

What is ****ed up is your jaded assumptions that a child, even of 3 years old, shouldn't be allowed to choose their own clothes. Also, since it would be near impossible to tell if a child was a girl or boy at that age, how would putting a 3 year old boy in a dress be rebelling against society since few people would know? Who would know?

If you see a woman with a child in a dress, how would you know what their genitals or DNA is?

Wrong again.

intersex | Definition & Facts | Britannica.com

Shifting syndromes: Sex chromosome variations and intersex classifications

Far more scientists, including biologists, agree with me. If you disagree, provide evidence to support your stance.

I'm not the one making a specious argument. I've read a few of the papers which made such claims, all hypothetical unproved nonsense. No respected biologist made any such claims, and those respected pointed out they were dealing with examples of freaks, never using the term intersexual, a fantasy.

Children are not nearly so easily confused as some adults want to believe. That is an excuse for your own prejudices.

How many children have you parented? Seriously. Do tell of your first hand experiences with maturing children and their self sexual images.

Being intersexed or transgendered wouldn't be a problem for most if s ok me people would just mind their own business and stop trying to force others to conform to their views.

You are the one creating an issue. Most people have far more pressing concerns.

This morning I read 1.5 billion are expected to be displaced because of climate change. Where will those people relocate? Good thing we're beginning to improve our border controls. Meanwhile my wife has my credit and is out shopping with the granddaughters for new winter outfits. I am very concerned. :) Your issue is very low in my priorities.

This thread is about intersexed people, not transgendered people.

Despite an OP's intended topic, neither the author or anyone else has the authority to dictate discussion within the bounds of forum rules.

What clothes should a parent not be allowed to let their children choose to wear?

It is a parental decision, not societal.

Back
Top Bottom