• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should "In God We Trust" Be Removed From Our Money And Important Documents?

Should "In God We Trust" Be Removed From Our Money And Important Documents?

• Total voters
An actual Christian country would never have Trump as it's president, that is for sure. So we may as well drop the pretenses.

Wow..since nearly half the country voted for Trump and nearly 80% of voters are Christians your statement is rather weird.:2dance:

The Christian right are very pro-religion, pro-religious freedom and pro-God until you try to bring other religions into the mix. Then it's like, 'Woooah there, slow your roll...'

Wow..since nearly half the country voted for Trump and nearly 80% of voters are Christians your statement is rather weird.:2dance:

No no.

The percentage of people who voted for Trump does NOT equal nearly half the country.

Also - don't forget that many of those votes were not FOR Trump, but more AGAINST Clinton.

Because our founders thought it important, particularly after founding this country based on religious freedom.

nope

"In God We Trust", also written as "In God we trust", is the official motto of the United States of America. It was adopted by the U.S. Congress in 1956, supplanting E pluribus unum, in use since the initial 1776 design of the Great Seal of the United States

President Eisenhower signs “In God We Trust” into law

President Eisenhower signs “In God We Trust” into law - HISTORY

Deism & the Founding Fathers: Definition & Beliefs

Deism is a theological view that affirms the existence of God, but denies miraculous or supernatural occurrences in the natural world. Deists often compare God to a clockmaker: just as a clockmaker creates a clock, winds it up, and lets it operate, so too God created the world, and then let it 'operate' according to natural law. Deism places high importance on scientific theory, and regards supernatural occurrences as impossible. In the deist view, God exists, but does not interact personally with the universe. Deism also places high value on human reason.

Typically, a deist would regard Bible stories containing miracles as little more than myths.

Deism & the Founding Fathers: Definition & Beliefs | Study.com

Last edited:
I was just posting a response to someone in another thread and this question popped into my mind. The left really seem to have gone very anti-God and anti religion so, should all references to God be removed from our money and founding documents?

If someone is offended by money I can take the offensive material off of their hands.

Less than 20% of total Americans voted for Donald Trump.

Because our founders thought it important, particularly after founding this country based on religious freedom.

Lol, god wasn't added to our money until well into the 20th century. Why do you try to lie about these things?

I'm just going to take your word for the dates you mentioned. That means that even 85 years after and even 181 years after our founding fathers, our country still felt it relevant that we trusted in God, not to mention that our founding fathers referenced God in our founding documents.

Woooow. Watch you move those goalposts, with such ease and speed! First you say we should keep it because our founding fathers wanted it, when you got called out on that lie your justification is "because some politicians in the 1950's wanted it". Why do you hate our Constitution and its firm separation of church and state?

You were unaware your "now" was 111 years ago!

It isn't perfect, "God on the money." but TR had to concede logic and fairness could not overcome the support for it.
Unlike your extremism, at least a compromise resulted from a public opinion driven consensus, as opposed to a cultist abuse of office Secretary Pompeo has now put on full display!

My extremism? What exactly is my extremism?

nope

"In God We Trust", also written as "In God we trust", is the official motto of the United States of America. It was adopted by the U.S. Congress in 1956, supplanting E pluribus unum, in use since the initial 1776 design of the Great Seal of the United States

President Eisenhower signs “In God We Trust” into law

President Eisenhower signs “In God We Trust” into law - HISTORY

Deism & the Founding Fathers: Definition & Beliefs

Deism is a theological view that affirms the existence of God, but denies miraculous or supernatural occurrences in the natural world. Deists often compare God to a clockmaker: just as a clockmaker creates a clock, winds it up, and lets it operate, so too God created the world, and then let it 'operate' according to natural law. Deism places high importance on scientific theory, and regards supernatural occurrences as impossible. In the deist view, God exists, but does not interact personally with the universe. Deism also places high value on human reason.

Typically, a deist would regard Bible stories containing miracles as little more than myths.

Deism & the Founding Fathers: Definition & Beliefs | Study.com

You want to fixate on one thing. Our founding documents refer to a higher power on several occasions.

Lol, god wasn't added to our money until well into the 20th century. Why do you try to lie about these things?

Woooow. Watch you move those goalposts, with such ease and speed! First you say we should keep it because our founding fathers wanted it, when you got called out on that lie your justification is "because some politicians in the 1950's wanted it". Why do you hate our Constitution and its firm separation of church and state?

A higher power is referenced several times in our founding documents.

I'm in favor of "In God We Trust", but your premise is false. Look at the image below:

bust-dollar-grading-2.jpg

My extremism? What exactly is my extremism?
Yeah! You're fine, my mistake, no worries....LOL

Granted, the bubble you've esconced yourself inside of is overpopulated. It is still a bubble.

https://www.amazon.com/Jefferson-Lies-Exposing-Always-Believed/dp/1944229027/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=david+barton&qid=1571163307&s=books&sr=1-2#customerReviews
The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson
Paperback – January 12, 2016
by David Barton
Customer reviews
4.5 out of 5 stars

367 customer ratings

Truth & Liberty Coalition | Promoting True Reformation Of ...
Truth & Liberty Coalition | Promoting True Reformation Of Nations
Truth & Liberty Coalition is an initiative birthed by Andrew Wommack, Lance Wallnau, David Barton and other notable ministry leaders to establish and catalyze ...
About Truth & Liberty Coalition | Vision & Mission Statements | Founders
David Barton Lance Wallnau
Board Member Board Member

In adult Disney World, Trump will escape critics - Politico
In adult Disney World, Trump will escape critics
Oct 3, 2019 - “It's going to be quite a day,” said David Gee, founder of Villagers for Trump, a 2,000-member group that organized the golf cart parade. “We've ...
Home - Villagers For Trump Club
Political Islam- It’s Time to Take Action!
November 4 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm

Lance Wallnau sells $45 'Trump Coin' on 'Jim Bakker Show,' says it’s ‘point of contact’ with God - The Christian Post

A $45 gold-plated coin engraved with President Donald Trump and King Cyrus’ likeness was being sold on the “Jim Bakker Show” as a "point of contact" in prayer.

The coin was being sold by Lance Wallnau, one of only three evangelical leaders to predict Donald Trump would win the election, according to USA Today. He claimed God told him to share the coin so people could pray for Trump.
135701_w_760_428.png

A higher power is referenced several times in our founding documents.

David Barton's Christian books publisher:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...omas-jefferson-book-citing-loss-of-confidence

Publisher Pulls Controversial Thomas Jefferson Book, Citing Loss Of Confidence
August 9, 20125:20 PM ET
Citing a loss of confidence in the book's details, Christian publisher Thomas Nelson is ending the publication and distribution of the bestseller, The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson.

The controversial book was written by Texas evangelical David Barton, who NPR's Barbara Bradley Hagerty profiled on All Things Considered Wednesday. The publishing company says it's ceasing publication because it found that "basic truths just were not there."

Since its initial publication, historians have debunked and raised concerns about numerous claims in Barton's book. In it, Barton calls Jefferson a "conventional Christian," claims the founding father started church services at the Capitol, and even though he owned more than 200 slaves, says Jefferson was a civil rights visionary.....

"Mr. Barton is presenting a Jefferson that modern-day evangelicals could love and identify with," Warren Throckmorton, a professor at the evangelical Grove City College, told Hagerty. "The problem with that is, it's not a whole Jefferson; it's not getting him right."

The book's publisher came to the same conclusion.

"When the concerns came in, from multiple people, and that had weight too, we were trying to sort things out," said Thomas Nelson Senior Vice President and Publisher Brian Hampton. "Were these matters of opinion? Were they differences of interpretation? But as we got into it, our conclusion was that the criticisms were correct. There were historical details — matters of fact, not matters of opinion, that were not supported at all."

The book has already been pulled off the Thomas Nelson website, and the publisher is in the process of pulling down its availability as an e-book from retail partners. Publishing rights are being reverted to the author, and the physical copies of the book are in the process of being removed from bookstores.

Last edited:
To piss off liberals. :mrgreen:
Remove it.
I’ve yet to see a conservative personally project any Christian traits.
They are all Godless hypocritical liars.

I was just posting a response to someone in another thread and this question popped into my mind. The left really seem to have gone very anti-God and anti religion so, should all references to God be removed from our money and founding documents?

Remove it...then all my "In God We Trust" money will instantly become collectible! :lamo

Ironically, money is my god.

I don’t have a problem with it being on our currency.

With everything going on in the world right now (and in my life right now), this is small potatoes.

People are dying in Syria, the water is still unsafe to drink in Flint, children are being kept in cages at the border, but let’s argue about God’s name being on a dollar bill.

I wouldn’t care whose name is on the bill. It still spends the same. If it offends you that it is on there, just give it to me. I need flooring in my kitchen.

So if some Christians vote for a guy, that makes him a Christian?

But you think that an actual Christian country would allow baby killing by voting in Hillary or one of the 2020 candidates? Did it ever occur to you that, if their is a God, God pushed the buttons to make sure that a baby killer did not become president and RvW could be overturned?

Trump once joked about getting Marla Maples to abort Tiffany Trump... That is your problem supporting an utterly despicable human being like Trump, no matter what you want to tar others with, Trump has always done much worse.

I voted don't remove from either because I think it is funny that stupid weak minded bitches actually care enough to ****ing cry about it... :lol:

And no, I do not believe in God at all... ****ing fairy tale.

Since it was placed on money in response to the Red Scare of the 50's, it could come off with no real impact,

Since it was placed on money in response to the Red Scare of the 50's, it could come off with no real impact,

Uhhhh.... the grand parents of your 1950s legislators were 47 years "ahead" of 1955 demands.... common sense or Constitution, be damned!

You were unaware your "now" was 111 years ago!

It isn't perfect, "God on the money." but TR had to concede logic and fairness could not overcome the support for it.
Unlike your extremism, at least a compromise resulted from a public opinion driven consensus, as opposed to a cultist abuse of office Secretary Pompeo has now put on full display!

Saint-Gaudens double eagle - Wikipedia

Roosevelt had specifically requested Saint-Gaudens not to put "In God We Trust" on the new coin, feeling that the motto's presence on coins was a debasement of God's name, as the coins might be spent to further criminal activities.[44] Saint-Gaudens was quite willing to omit the motto, as he felt the words detracted from the design elements.[45] There was a public outcry about the omission of the motto, and what Breen describes as an "outraged and furious" Congress ordered the motto to appear. Barber duly modified the coin to include the motto, taking the opportunity to make several minor changes to the design, which, according to Breen, do not improve the coin.[44]....

Back
Top Bottom