• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should California split into 2, or even 3, states?

Should California split into 2, or even 3, states?

• Total voters
All you mention is considered Southern California.

Now and most of my life I lived in Southern Oregon and Northern California (AKA State of Jefferson) most of my life. For a few years I live in Orange County and LA, and for a year I also lived in Sacramento.

The area around Red Bluff and all North have nothing in common with Southern California. Just Like Roseberg and all of Oregon south of it have nothing in common with Portland/Eugene.

In that entire area there is only about one county that went Blue in the last half dozen election cycles.

I wouldn't say that. Orange County is, or at least was when I lived there years ago, very conservative. Other than the coastal regions, the vast majority of California is red. The coastal cities simply have more population behind them.

California Baselines.jpg

All you mention is considered Southern California.

Now and most of my life I lived in Southern Oregon and Northern California (AKA State of Jefferson) most of my life. For a few years I live in Orange County and LA, and for a year I also lived in Sacramento.

The area around Red Bluff and all North have nothing in common with Southern California. Just Like Roseberg and all of Oregon south of it have nothing in common with Portland/Eugene.

In that entire area there is only about one county that went Blue in the last half dozen election cycles.

Tulare county is central cali aka around the bakersfield, visalia area, aka the armpit of cali. So I have two areas of cali I have been well exposed to to your one.

Mind you northern cali also has a lot of deep blue as well, it suffers from an issue central and southern do, the inland is more conservative while the coast is very liberal, this is why the state always talks about splitting, the minority of land mass controls the vast majority of the landmass, because the populations majority is along the coast, not the vast inland.

Back
Top Bottom