• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sen. Ted Cruz backs out of CNN debate with Beto O'Rourke

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[FONT=&quot]Brownsville, TX - CNN reports Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz has backed out of a debate between Democrat challenger Beto O'Rourke. The debate has changed to a town hall set for thursday, October 18, at the McAllen Performing Arts Center. According to [/FONT]CNN[FONT=&quot], "Sen. Ted Cruz's campaign initially accepted CNN's invitation to participate" but has since declined. CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash will moderate the one-hour town hall live at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT.[/FONT]
*chicken squawk noise*
https://www.kveo.com/news/local-new...t-of-cnn-debate-with-beto-o-rourke/1510270904

appears its now obvious even to cruz that he suffers by direct comparison

Brownsville, TX - CNN reports Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz has backed out of a debate between Democrat challenger Beto O'Rourke. The debate has changed to a town hall set for thursday, October 18, at the McAllen Performing Arts Center. According to CNN, "Sen. Ted Cruz's campaign initially accepted CNN's invitation to participate" but has since declined. CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash will moderate the one-hour town hall live at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT.

*chicken squawk noise*
https://www.kveo.com/news/local-new...t-of-cnn-debate-with-beto-o-rourke/1510270904

appears its now obvious even to cruz that he suffers by direct comparison

Red:
...and Cruz and his spin-meisters will concoct aspersions of O'Rourke based on what he says in the town hall event, all the while Cruz risked exposing in a debate his own ideas and abilities relative to O'Rourke's. How poltroonically boorish of Cruz.

Only a Republican candidate who is a fool would agree to a debate run by the Democrat Party. A waste of time anyway. For the most part, no one but a few rabid TDS anti-Trumpers who hate they USA watch CNN anyway. There would be more people watching if he was on the Home Shopping Network at 3:00 am.

Last edited:
Some tough Texan. :doh:roll: Cruz is proving to be a wimpy boy who cannot kiss enough of Trumps bloated ass often enough.

this hits it right on the head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRYYqEgT9uI

While I suspect I never concurred with many, maybe not any, of Cruz's policy stances, I did once respect him as a man. He disabused me of that respect when, after Trump publicly disparaged his father and wife, Cruz abjured demanding Trump publicly recant those aspersions, thereby showing himself to be a pusillanimous SOB who won't so much as defend resolutely his own family and family's appanage.

I though Cruz was some sort of debate champion? Now he prefers town halls?

Will Cruz even participate in the town hall event? The blurb included in the OP doesn't suggest he will.

Only a Republican candidate who is a fool would agree to a debate run by the Democrat Party. A waste of time anyway. For the most part, no one but a few rabid TDS anti-Trumpers who hate they USA watch CNN anyway. There would be more people watching if he was on the Home Shopping Network at 3:00 am.

What's the "Democrat Party"? Never heard of it before.

Cruz is a championship debater. Solicitor General for the State of Texas. Argued cases before the US Supreme Court....

and he's scared of some little Texas boy.

It's all people in Texas are talking about Ted cuts and runs. Trump insulted Teds wife and now Ted is beggin Trump for support.

Ted has a big pair of boots and a small pair of balls.

In political races it often gets hot and personal. Usually the personal jabs are directly at the candidate such as Trump calling Jeb Bush low energy.

But when you attack the spouse and father of a candidate that is below the belt. Cruz came running back to Trump with his tail between his legs.

Cruz is one fine piece of feces.

What is the format for a “town hall?” Are both candidates in attendance? I usually thought “town halls” were a representative and the constituents.....

What is the format for a “town hall?” Are both candidates in attendance? I usually thought “town halls” were a representative and the constituents.....

Town hall is where candidates get to move on stage. They are not behind a lectern.
It produced those creey photos of Trump stalking behind HRC.

ap_16284077675384_custom-2d8421a066f34697922c161070d1ad060c96cdef-s900-c85.jpg

...giving her the 'Kavanaugh' stare.

Probably wise on his part.

No need to have some fake 'debate' when one has a big lead; it can only help the loser, so no reason for Cruz to have some fake 'Media Moment' with some traitor who thinks we need open borders, need to kill all cops and all white proles, i.e. the true Democrat Party platform.

The format is to waste everybody's time with spoon fed prepared questions that none of the candidates ever intend to answer truthfully, and then listen to bigoted biased morons posing as 'journalists' lie about what was said.

Town hall is where candidates get to move on stage. They are not behind a lectern.
It produced those creey photos of Trump stalking behind HRC.

ap_16284077675384_custom-2d8421a066f34697922c161070d1ad060c96cdef-s900-c85.jpg

...giving her the 'Kavanaugh' stare.

No matter what anyone could do to Hillary, she was a dead woman standing.

Cruz agreed to it. He then withdrew.

Ironically, when Beto was negotiating earlier in the year about debates, the Cruz called him "scared" for not meeting all of Cruz's terms.

Beto is still in, which means he gets a full hour, to himself, answering questions in the Town Hall format. On national TV, no less.

The idea that no one will watch it, because it's on CNN, is slightly ridiculous.

Will Cruz even participate in the town hall event? The blurb included in the OP doesn't suggest he will.
Cruz withdrew from the Town Hall, so Beto gets an hour to himself on national TV.

Both Cruz and Beto are scheduled for a debate on 10/16.

buck buck buck bugack!

The format is to waste everybody's time with spoon fed prepared questions that none of the candidates ever intend to answer truthfully, and then listen to bigoted biased morons posing as 'journalists' lie about what was said.

Sounds like all the debates I've ever seen.

LOL, yeah, the nationally ranked college debate champ from Harvard is scared of Beto "Flee the Scene" O'Rourke. :roll:

I think at this point there is no reason to risk giving ammunition at a debate on Democrat's home turf at CNN.

Beto is trailing badly. Beto needs this debate, Ted doesn't.

They are debating on the 16th and already had one debate, probably more a scheduling issue than anything, also who wants to do a stupid CNN Townhall? Waste of time really.

Cruz is only up by 5 points. This town hall could swiftly change that.

Back
Top Bottom