• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second hottest May on record

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Looks like the data is in, and May was the second hottest on record, exceeded only by 2016.

HotWhopper: Second hottest May on record

I guess i can add that April was also the second hottest April on record.

http://climate.nasa.gov/news/2587/april-2017-was-second-warmest-april-on-record/

Oh. And March.. also the second hottest.

March Was Second Hottest on Record Globally | Climate Central

That followed February, also the... well.. you get the picture.

Global Heat Continues With Second-Hottest February | Climate Central

Of course, since its only the runner up, that must mean the earth is cooling! Amirite, deniers?

Looks like the data is in, and May was the second hottest on record, exceeded only by 2016.

http://climate.nasa.gov/news/2587/april-2017-was-second-warmest-april-on-record/

Of course, since its only the runner up, that must mean the earth is cooling! Amirite, deniers?

That's like noticing that the mosquito that just bit you is bigger than the ones you see and claiming that it's evidence that mosquitoes are going to be a big as houses in the next ten years.

That's like noticing that the mosquito that just bit you is bigger than the ones you see and claiming that it's evidence that mosquitoes are going to be a big as houses in the next ten years.

Good point.

It's not like anyone predicted this would happen with scientific climate models decades ago or anything.

Or, it's noticing that there is a decades-long trend in rising temperatures.

Good point.

It's not like anyone predicted this would happen with scientific climate models decades ago or anything.

"OMG - they predicted that mosquitoes were going to get bigger and now look at the size of that one!!! I need an industrial size can of RAID! and the rich bastard down the street needs to pay for it!!"

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: April 2017 was second-warmest April on record

It's only the second warmest? Well then global warming can't be happening, because those librul guv'mint paid-off scientists stated with 100% certainty that last May would be THE warmest on record EVER! /snark

If anything, we've had an unusually cool May...a cool spring in general...

We are looking at a high of 120 on Tuesday. Its ramping up all week, 107 today, then 110, 114, 117....

Glad I got a pool, and a new efficient A/C unit...

Decades in the scope of hundreds of thousands of years are meaningless.
Not when there is a massive increase in global temperatures during a very short period of time, which in turn has impacts on the environment as a whole. Oh, and plenty of scientific evidence that temperatures will continue to rise, along with the impacts thereof.

Not according to, you know, scientists.

lol...same logic: This gasoline has been cool for the last month in this can, just because it has been exploding for the last few seconds doesn't mean there's a problem!!

lolz

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: April 2017 was second-warmest April on record

Was the coldest May where I live. April was about average.

It was cool as can be in Virginia. Coolest May I can remember.

Me too...we really did not have a spring...
I know the last few years, we have not seen many Robins in winter, this close to the coast.
This year they came, and one seems to be summering in my front yard.

It was cool as can be in Virginia. Coolest May I can remember.
And that pretty much means... nothing, in the context of global temperatures.

But thanks for letting us all know your subjective impressions of local weather.

But thanks for letting us all know your subjective impressions of local weather.

Apparently, this has now drifted into the 'old people prattling on about the weather' thread, because actually putting the OP into context raises too many challenging questions.

And thank you for the long term faulty data that global alamists love calling science.

And thank you for the long term faulty data that global alamists love calling science.

Who told you that lie? How do you know it wasn't a lie? Scientists call it science, it's the best way we have of finding out true stuff, who are you to question it?

[unusually cold weather] WEATHER IS NOT THE SAME THING AS CLIMATE

[unusually hot weather] THIS PROVES GLOBAL WARMING

Back
Top Bottom