• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Sanders invented story about FBI agents' reaction to Comey firing, Mueller report says

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Sarah Sanders invented story about FBI agents' reaction to Comey firing, Mueller report says

The day after President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, then-deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders stood at the podium in the White House briefing room and told reporters that the president had had “countless conversations” with members of the FBI who said morale at the bureau was low and they had lost confidence in Comey.
“He’s questioned Director Comey’s reason for needing to stay at the FBI,” Sanders said during the May 10, 2017, briefing. “He had countless conversations with members from within the FBI.”
But in her testimony to federal investigators probing whether Trump obstructed justice, Sanders admitted that she made it up.
According to special counsel Robert Mueller's report ...
I know that it is no heart attack thinking that Sanders lied. It is a window into how this administration operates, however. Trump makes **** up and his hired hands lie that it's true.

So they fired the FBI director and then made up lies to try to validate the firing. It sickens me that some americans are ok with this.

Our beloved fellow posters will now come in and say that Obama lied about something or other so that makes all lies okay. Interesting how Obama was the worst president in history, according to them, but it's perfectly all right for Trump to do whatever Obama supposedly did.

Our beloved fellow posters will now come in and say that Obama lied about something or other so that makes all lies okay. Interesting how Obama was the worst president in history, according to them, but it's perfectly all right for Trump to do whatever Obama supposedly did.
I just wanna be on record that i dont care about eithrr obama or trumps actions as applied to the context of this matter

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just wanna be on record that i dont care about eithrr obama or trumps actions as applied to the context of this matter

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In what context does that matter in this case. What higher purpose does Sanders' lie serve. She's not saving Jews from the gas chamber here.

I know that it is no heart attack thinking that Sanders lied. It is a window into how this administration operates, however. Trump makes **** up and his hired hands lie that it's true.

In the case of Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders, Trump doesn't have to make **** up. She does that for him, as does Kellyanne Conway.

And today, we found out that Trump's pet AG does that for him, too.

As though we needed proof Sanders lies her ****ing ass off. Vote Trump out, that's the only rational choice.

So they fired the FBI director and then made up lies to try to validate the firing. It sickens me that some americans are ok with this.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

:stooges

The only people okay with this are Trump fans. Luckily decent Americans won't be okay with this.

What a good Christian she is, huh? I'm going to lie to millions of people because....well, I can.

She's probably like Trump and laughs at the gullibility of his fan base.

I'm waiting for one of the usual suspects to say "Yeah well if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor!".

I wish they'd get new material. Hell, Trump and his orbit of liars gives us new material every day.

The only people okay with this are Trump fans. Luckily decent Americans won't be okay with this.

What a good Christian she is, huh? I'm going to lie to millions of people because....well, I can.

She's probably like Trump and laughs at the gullibility of his fan base.

It would be different if she were just framing something in a positive light for politics. But she completely made up a story about FBI agents expressing negative feelings about the FBI director. I honestly wonder if that's not slander?

She lied to cover up only one of many recorded attempts by Trump to take control of, and shut down, the investigation into his actions. Barr says that's not obstruction of justice. Not a bad result for a man whose first reaction was to declare his presidency was over, when he was told by Sessions that Mueller had been appointed!

His actual words according to the BBC were "I'm ****ed! I'm ****ed!"

Last edited:
Trump lies.

Sanders lies.

Barr lies.

And in other breaking news - the sun sets in the west tonight .....

Not only is it 'okay' with them, they will twist themselves into pretzels defending it.

It would be different if she were just framing something in a positive light for politics. But she completely made up a story about FBI agents expressing negative feelings about the FBI director. I honestly wonder if that's not slander?

If nothing else, the fake Christian bore false witness against Comey and the FBI staffers.

I'm waiting for one of the usual suspects to say "Yeah well if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor!".

I wish they'd get new material. Hell, Trump and his orbit of liars gives us new material every day.

What troubles me deeply is that our politics plays out as an argument between liberal and conservative. Neither side ever wins. The ideal is a balance between progress and stability. When one side demonizes the other and comes to believe that winning justifies any and all lies and any other necessary crimes, than our system breaks down. When I see the lengths our supposedly conservative fellow posters go to justify or ignore the lies and bad behavior of this president, I fear for the future of my country.

She's a government employee, lying so blatantly to cover up for Trump should be a criminal offense.

In what context does that matter in this case. What higher purpose does Sanders' lie serve. She's not saving Jews from the gas chamber here.

It's covering up Trump's crime of obstruction.

Trump lies.

Sanders lies.

Barr lies.

And in other breaking news - the sun sets in the west tonight .....

Drain this swamp in Nov 2020. What a bunch of liars!!

Its her job.

Double major, Communications and Political Science.its what these people.go to school to do. Be "message warriors", spin doctors, porcine cosmetologists, weilding a hundred years of research into what makes us "tick" to convince us to embrace what we would reject or reject what we would embrace if they simply told us the actual truth.

All that lovely Citizens United money is being spent on cynical manipulation.

What the Russian trolls did is common practice today in marketing, PR and Politics.

And Sanders and her ilk are its practitioners.

I'm still looking for someone that had to change their doctor when they went on the PPACA. Haven't found one yet.

What troubles me deeply is that our politics plays out as an argument between liberal and conservative. Neither side ever wins. The ideal is a balance between progress and stability. When one side demonizes the other and comes to believe that winning justifies any and all lies and any other necessary crimes, than our system breaks down. When I see the lengths our supposedly conservative fellow posters go to justify or ignore the lies and bad behavior of this president, I fear for the future of my country.

All is not lost, we can right the ship by doing just what Mach said, 'VOTE' and in mass quantities. Don't leave anything to chance.

I'll be campaigning harder than I've ever done in the past forty or so years and urging everyone to vote straight Democratic ticket.

Mach said:
As though we needed proof Sanders lies her ****ing ass off. Vote Trump out, that's the only rational choice.

Back
Top Bottom