• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin’s PAC Is A Massive Million Dollar Scam (1 Viewer)

What's confusing to me is that some of the conservatives in this thread are blasting the democrats for not denouncing other democrats pacs "but...they're different'' while themselves blasting democrat pacs, Reid, without blasting Palin's pac.

So what they are doing is the exact same thing, they say democrats won't denounce democratic pacs while not denouncing republican pacs, only calling out democrats. Anyway all pacs suck.

Yeah, the main argument they have is "well, XX did it too, and you didn't say anything about that" Blah blah blah. I didn't condone any PAC activity, but because I criticized Palin's that must mean that I fully support someone else's PAC activity.

It is tiring trying to debate such lazy arguments.

operating expenses is a fairly meaningless category when determing activity of a PAC.

Sending out a mailer being critical of a democratic candidate, while also asking for a donation to the PAC is grouped as an operating expense as it is fundraising.

Consultants are hired to formulate these mass mailings.

so while these activities are listed as operating expenses, they are also a direct form of effecting elections, which is why people donate to PACS

Fair enough, if I donated thousands to someone I'd probably want a copy of their book too.

Liberals (now called lefties) are their own worst enemy, including being America's worst enemy. They have made people like Rush Limbaugh, whom they hate, millionaires. And they hate millionaires, unless they happen to be leftist Democrat millionaires, that is. It's pretty funny to watch them get played while they create the very thing that they loathe.

What an amazingly ignorant and stupid statement. So many illogical leaps in that senseless rant.

Fair enough, if I donated thousands to someone I'd probably want a copy of their book too.

Buying back your own book is a really nasty little tactic that many politicians use to pump up their sales figures. But the most egregious is the Scientologists doing it to keep up the myth that "Dianetics" is one of the best selling books ever, that continues to sell!

The starting wage will be low, but as radioman PAC gains momentum it will rise accordingly.
I'm already thinking up catchy slogans.
I've gone to all caps to capture more media attention....."RADIOMAN CAN"....."RADIOMAN IS ON YOUR FREQUENCY"..."RADIOMAN IS NOT OBSOLETE"...
Well, maybe these slogans could use a few tweaks.
Your education could help here......look at you!!...already promoted.
I see a big future....Karl Rove's got nothing on me.

"RADIOMAN IS ON YOUR FREQUENCY" is a winner!

And if you read the thread, I state that I am against all PAC's, they are designed to be money pots for the organizers to do sleazy things with them. I have never donated to a PAC, never will, for left or right, it is a waste of money.

It is not right no matter which side is using them for unethical things, be clear on that.

did i say anything about PAC's

you said "Get some ethics."

i just pointed out that those on the left have just as many, if not more ethical violations than those on the right

be careful where you throw stones when you live in a glass house

"RADIOMAN IS ON YOUR FREQUENCY" is a winner!

Thanks.
I've also changed my PAC's name.
It is now called.....RADIOMAN FOR AMERICAN PATRIOT'S CHILDREN.PAC.
This way I gain cachet with patriotic Americans as well as those endlessly concerned about "the children".
I was born to be a Machiavellian political kingpin.

Thanks.
I've also changed my PAC's name.
It is now called.....RADIOMAN FOR AMERICAN PATRIOT'S CHILDREN.PAC.
This way I gain cachet with patriotic Americans as well as those endlessly concerned about "the children".
I was born to be a Machiavellian political kingpin.

Run for office. I'll support you. My kids will too.

did i say anything about PAC's

you said "Get some ethics."

i just pointed out that those on the left have just as many, if not more ethical violations than those on the right

be careful where you throw stones when you live in a glass house

I think both sides suck and PACs are bad. Yeah, I said get some ethics because the only answer the poster had was the same old tired "well, XX did it too" Just because the other side does something bad does not mean you get a pass and can do the same thing.

Run for office. I'll support you. My kids will too.

Okay, good deal.
Three votes already....wait four votes, I'll vote for me, too.
Now if I can get my current main squeeze and my exes on board....hmmm...that might be rough.
Uh-oh....my sordid past might be a problem.
I guess I could call these embarrassing incidents "youthful indiscretions".....or biased reporting, maybe.....
I better steal borrow someone's donor list quick.....I already need a legal defense fund.

Okay, good deal.
Three votes already....wait four votes, I'll vote for me, too.
Now if I can get my current main squeeze and my exes on board....hmmm...that might be rough.
Uh-oh....my sordid past might be a problem.
I guess I could call these embarrassing incidents "youthful indiscretions".....or biased reporting, maybe.....
I better steal borrow someone's donor list quick.....I already need a legal defense fund.

Blame your youthful indiscretions on the drugs. That's what I blame mine on.

I'll see about my husband supporting you too, but I have to warn you, he's a big 2nd Amendment guy, and he doesn't like people who don't like hockey.

Blame your youthful indiscretions on the drugs. That's what I blame mine on.
Okay....at least I grew my own instead of depending on those nasty drug cartels.

I'll see about my husband supporting you too, but I have to warn you, he's a big 2nd Amendment guy, and he doesn't like people who don't like hockey.
Little bit of a problem here.
One of my youthful indiscretions involved shooting an ex-hockey player.
I think we may need a more acceptable media pretty face....
Maybe a young, hip, happening type...
How about that Kim Kardashian....she seems to be popular....or Paris Hilton...she was popular for awhile.....
I'll bet they know how to tweet---so to speak---, too!!

Big problem here, this is from the month of May. Rule of thumb, most PAC's and national and state political committees like the RNC or DNC don't contribute to political primary candidates. They start spending their money after their political party's candidate has already been chosen.

The mid terms are two weeks away.

It looks like Sarah Palin's PAC can sit on it's millions until 2016.

Good catch. Real good.

Sarah knows her grifting, appeal to angry old white christian men, take the dough, keep it.

If you are dumb enough to ever donate to a PAC, you deserve the ridicule.

I'm still waiting for proof that something illegal was going on .... until then, all I have is nonsensical rantings by paranoid liberals who get out of control at the thought of a conservative woman.

I'm still waiting for proof that something illegal was going on .... until then, all I have is nonsensical rantings by paranoid liberals who get out of control at the thought of a conservative woman.

Its legal.

But not ethical.

Its legal.

But not ethical.

You forgot the other word ... it's standard practice.

So, the original poster was intentionally manipulating the truth in order to rabble rouse ... is that a fair statement?

You forgot the other word ... it's standard practice.

So, the original poster was intentionally manipulating the truth in order to rabble rouse ... is that a fair statement?

Standard practice but still wrong...my point.

And Palin is doing wrong.....too!

Standard practice but still wrong...my point.

And Palin is doing wrong.....too!

So, we can agree that the original poster was intentionally misrepresenting the truth in an attempt to evoke an emotional response, rather than a reaction to the truth?

So, we can agree that the original poster was intentionally misrepresenting the truth in an attempt to evoke an emotional response, rather than a reaction to the truth?

No.

Sarah should be better than that, shouldn't she?

No.

Sarah should be better than that, shouldn't she?

I don't think we were talking about Sarah ... we were talking about the original poster.

As for Sarah ... if that applies to her, then it also applies to Obama, right? How's that working for you?

In Sarah's defense, there is a great deal of expense being Sarah Palin. She is supporting 4 or 5 family members. There's the big ass house in Wasilla. She has monthly fixed expenses such a stretch Hummer, bail money for her children, truck loads of beer and English lessons.

I don't think we were talking about Sarah ... we were talking about the original poster.

As for Sarah ... if that applies to her, then it also applies to Obama, right? How's that working for you?

I don't give a rats as$ about the original poster, if you want to attack him/her, go ahead, don't try to get me to help.

Jeezus, be a little more partisan obsessive.

I don't give a rats as$ about the original poster, if you want to attack him/her, go ahead, don't try to get me to help.

Jeezus, be a little more partisan obsessive.

... artfully avoiding the Obama question, of course.

In Sarah's defense, there is a great deal of expense being Sarah Palin. She is supporting 4 or 5 family members. There's the big ass house in Wasilla. She has monthly fixed expenses such a stretch Hummer, bail money for her children, truck loads of beer and English lessons.

Yeah, but think of what she saves on not sending them to University.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom