• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sandy Hook

Yes, appeals to emotion always "bring one back to reality".

More emotion, less analysis.
You are 100% about emotion with 0% critical thinking
If someone blames the ebil US govt you accept it as true no matter how absurd.

This question goes out to you and a dozen other commenters who've made similar statements:

Suppose I make the statement, "Only a moron would post more than 2,000 times on DP."

Obviously, there are some people here who've posted more than 2,000 times on DP. Just as obviously, they don't think of themselves as morons.

Hence (and here's my question) do you not think that my explaining why 2,000+ posters on DP are "morons", or taking the Socratic approach of asking critical but non-hostile questions, leading "morons" to contradictions in their thinking, might be a more fruitful approach than simply declaring them to be morons? If only on a debate forum?

Just a thought from a relative newcomer.

Wait until you get to know the CT fans better.

You're absolutely right. I don't know what I was thinking. The parent just forgot where he was for a minute - it happens. If I have to provide the link to that press conference one more time I think I'll puke. There is no way in hell you haven't seen that clip with nearly 10,000 of your 17,000 posts being in conspiracy theories.

Correct, you don't know what you were thinking. I was not challenging the vid showing a reaction by a parent. What I am challenging is you do not know what the person was thinking at the time that caused the reaction. What you gave was an opinion.

I can recall laughing a bit at my dad's funeral when a funny story was told about him. People grieve differently.

The proper legal term is "demanded". Whoever let the contract for Newtown demanded the NDA.

This is how desperate you are Mike: you must invoke an appeal to emotion, claiming that the families privacy is dependent upon the demolition company not being able to say what it saw, a school abandoned. No sign of recent activity.

The same families who were all over the media, alternating between joking and crying, being flown around on AF1, being displayed to the public at the Daytona 500 and elsewhere, now suddenly need privacy, eh?

You are in denial sir, but at least you are consistently in denial. :lol:

Funny. You use the denial stance on almost every thread. So answer the question, "hy should they not have issued a nda for Sandy Hook?"

Well....it was gun control at least in part. The evidence is overwhelming

Autralia and UK's homicide rate didn't go up.So there is no evidence to support your nothing gun control works when it didn't.

You're too busy raging, James, to understand what independent thinking is or how it works. That's quite alright, I've been aware of that for a long time. :peace

Rage has nothing to do with it. I understand how conspiracy tards work. You browse enough of these forums you get some insight on how they try to convince other retards that mass shootings are really hoaxes, that the goberment masterminded 9-11, aliens shoved probes up their asses and that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't shoot JFK and other conspiracy nonsense.

And this post of yours---so inaccurate and so desperate....

I think his sarcasm demonstrates how moronic the people who believe Sandy Hook is a hoax are. Because people who believe the moon landing was fake are just as moronic as people who think Sandy Hook and other mass shootings are hoaxes or false flag attacks.

Yes, appeals to emotion always "bring one back to reality".

More emotion, less analysis.

Considering that CTer arguments always essentially boil down to "I don't want to believe it, so it's a false flag/aliens/conspiracy/Bigfoot/Satan".... you have no room to talk

Why do we entertain these conspiracy theorists when they refuse to provide evidence for their irrational assertions? It's a waste of time and energy, and perhaps if we didn't indulge these types, their illogical notions would die in obscurity.

WTF does that mean? Only a moron like Jones and his moronic conspiracy theory fruit loops believe that Sandy Hook was a conspiracy.
Paraphrasing: "It's obvious to reasonable people that Sandy Hook isn't a hoax."

In which case you're either channeling Captain Obvious by stating obvious truths to reasonable people, or you're trying to convince unreasonable people of obvious truths by calling them morons.

Either way, you're wasting your time.

Why do we entertain these conspiracy theorists when they refuse to provide evidence for their irrational assertions? It's a waste of time and energy, and perhaps if we didn't indulge these types, their illogical notions would die in obscurity.
You're lazy, you consider conspiracy theories easy targets, and you can't help yourselves? idunno.gif

You'd better figure it out quickly. You outnumber the conspiracy theorists 20:1 and yet you're all still here.

Wait until you get to know the CT fans better.
I like most conspiracy theorists.

Conspiracy theories are one of the few niches on the Internet where one observes creativity, independent research, and blue sky out-of-the-box thinking from common people. People asking questions, hunting for inconsistencies, dabbling in forensics, pooling information, and trying to prove a common hypothesis. The details I've seen people pick up on, the depth of forensic analysis, the degree of collaboration: all extraordinary. You don't find it anywhere else outside of specific professional settings.

Whether they're right or wrong (and admittedly, many of the enduring conspiracies are contrived to the point of absurdity), I'll take a handful of conspiracy theorists over a thousand skeptics any day. The former for sake of interest, for thought-provoking material, for entertainment, for passion, for open-mindedness; the latter regurgitating their likely-to-be-correct canned responses from their favourite canned response go-tos, reflexively, unthinkingly, risking nothing, passionate only in their arrogance.

In short, when it comes to conspiracy theories, I don't consider it nearly as important to be right as it is to be willing to learn, willing to suspend disbelief, and willing to let go of failed theories, all with a liberal dose of intellectual humility.

You were asked for evidence.

....on a very old subject we are all very familiar with. It really is old and that clip has been seen over and over and is still available. If I waste my time rounding up clips of the same actors being interviewed at several major shooting events across the country, supposed grieving parents laughing away just before a press conference, countless "staging" blunders by the media, clips of David Wheeler both as a parent of a Sandy Hook victim AND a SWAT team member at the crime scene, etc. etc. etc. etc. If I post any or all of it, you won't watch any and none of it - then your next post will be hogwash with no input about any of the evidence that was presented.

The OP stated that he watched some of these clips and was quite convinced, so doesn't that mean you should provide some evidence that it really happened? The MSM have taken themselves down to the point that they are no longer trusted as a valid source.

So true. But truthers and trolls are not the only ones who are addicted. ;)

On another forum I frequent if I post a clearly reasoned argument to challenge the conspiracy theorist there are several friends who will immediately post trivia at the level of the CT nonsense. So they can continue treating the discussion process as "entertainment". And they are quite open about their motive. "I don't like serious stuff!"

Last edited:
....on a very old subject we are all very familiar with. It really is old and that clip has been seen over and over and is still available. If I waste my time rounding up clips of the same actors being interviewed at several major shooting events across the country, supposed grieving parents laughing away just before a press conference, countless "staging" blunders by the media, clips of David Wheeler both as a parent of a Sandy Hook victim AND a SWAT team member at the crime scene, etc. etc. etc. etc. If I post any or all of it, you won't watch any and none of it - then your next post will be hogwash with no input about any of the evidence that was presented.

The OP stated that he watched some of these clips and was quite convinced, so doesn't that mean you should provide some evidence that it really happened? The MSM have taken themselves down to the point that they are no longer trusted as a valid source.
Isn't there an index of resources for the conspiracy that somebody can visit, though? If you're a proponent of the theory, I refuse to believe you don't have a few links to archives bookmarked or saved somewhere.

Since you're here arguing, you might as well give us that much.

Only a moron would believe Sandy Hook was a ruse.

Only a simpleton would believe the official narrative, given the many facts of the case. But simpletons prefer to avoid facts that are inconvenient to their worldview. It's much easier to behave like Scott Pelley, and resort to "the authorities have told me thus and so, and I always believe the authorities".

Funny. You use the denial stance on almost every thread. So answer the question, "hy should they not have issued a nda for Sandy Hook?"

Maybe you could explain to me why they should have demanded NDA?

I won't hold my breath.

I saw a little news item on several of the MSM evening news shows last night, and they made me think of you.

I will elaborate on a 911 thread.

Only a simpleton would believe the official narrative, given the many facts of the case. But simpletons prefer to avoid facts that are inconvenient to their worldview. It's much easier to behave like Scott Pelley, and resort to "the authorities have told me thus and so, and I always believe the authorities".

Only non thinking sheeple believe sandy hook was a hoax, especially after the guy who told them that admitted it wasnt

Rage has nothing to do with it. I understand how conspiracy tards work. You browse enough of these forums you get some insight on how they try to convince other retards that mass shootings are really hoaxes, that the goberment masterminded 9-11, aliens shoved probes up their asses and that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't shoot JFK and other conspiracy nonsense.

You missed my point James--you have not a clue as to how independent thinkers can and do work.

Your low class understanding and description of independent thinking and analysis is very much your style here. Have you ever read a book in your entire life?

You missed my point James--you have not a clue as to how independent thinkers can and do work.
The irony

Your low class understanding and description of independent thinking and analysis is very much your style here. Have you ever read a book in your entire life?
More irony

Maybe you could explain to me why they should have demanded NDA?

I won't hold my breath.

I saw a little news item on several of the MSM evening news shows last night, and they made me think of you.

I will elaborate on a 911 thread.

I have in another post (104). Try reading the thread.

Why are you so reluctant to give a reason on why they should not have required the nda?

Your pattern of posting is so predictable. Don't answer questions, redirect back to the poster, reverse burden. T, this is a discussion forum. It is ok to give opinions.

As far as the msm news article. Didn't you make statements in the past about the MSM as not being trustworthy? So why are you trusting MSM now?

Last edited:
I have in another post. Try reading the thread. Why are you so reluctant to give a reason on why they should not have required the nda?

Why are you so reluctant to offer an explanation as to why the situation required one? Your appeal to emotion regarding privacy for the families is pure bull****, as I and others have pointed out.

I don't condemn the NDA as being cruel or unkind or immoral, I am merely observing that it means something, and that something is that the party demanding it had something to hide. That is why NDA's are brought.

Why are you so reluctant to offer an explanation as to why the situation required one? Your appeal to emotion regarding privacy for the families is pure bull****, as I and others have pointed out.

I don't condemn the NDA as being cruel or unkind or immoral, I am merely observing that it means something, and that something is that the party demanding it had something to hide. That is why NDA's are brought.

- What part of post 104 did you not understand?

Here is my take on why a nda. The age of the children, the possibility of people like Jones, Veterans Today exploiting the incident., etc.

NDA are also implemented to protect. You see the dark side. I see a rational reason for one. It is clear you have never been involved in a horrific accident scene.
Let me ask you T, If a loved one was killed in a horrific way would you want their photos all over the net, Veterans Today, etc? Be honest.

Back
Top Bottom