• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

San Francisco Spends $30 Million Cleaning Feces, Needles

Personally I don't think there any "great" cities. I've always been a fan of rural life.

Me too, but the suburbs are fast coming to swallow up Uhland, TX - as soon as sewer is avialable (at about $5K to tie in) Uhland, TX will no longer be rural (it has already grown from 386 people in 2000 to 1,041 people in 2010). We now have more people than cattle - it's near time for us to seek a new pasture to live near since one accross from us was sold to a developer who is putting in 250 double-wide homes on 1/2 acre lots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhland,_Texas#Demographics

I'd never live in a tiny town again. I lived in Fairmount Indiana for a stint. It became tedious and boring pretty quickly. Small town, small minds.

Most likely it was because of your failure to connect with the people living there. You probably closed YOUR mind to them and their way of life because it was different than yours. I've seen it happen time and again. Arrogant "big city dweller" comes to a small town and whines because the only theater is the High School drama class. Instead of enjoying them, they whine about not having a decent theater. Those are the small minds...

NYC is a great city. Every city has their eyesores and homelessness problems. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

NYC is a giant steaming trash dumpster. Garbage, everywhere, all the time. Even a solid snow can't quite cover it all.

Of all major cities in the United States, San Francisco has the second-highest percentage of residents with a college degree, behind only Seattle. Over 44% of adults have a bachelor's or higher degree.[121] San Francisco had the highest rate at 7,031 per square mile, or over 344,000 total graduates in the city's 46.7 square miles (121 km2).[122]

San Francisco has the highest percentage of gay and lesbian individuals of any of the 50 largest U.S. cities, at 15%.[123] San Francisco also has the highest percentage of same-sex households of any American county, with the Bay Area having a higher concentration than any other metropolitan area.[124]

Income in 2011
Per capita income[125] $46,777
Median household income[126] $72,947
Median family income[127] $87,329
San Francisco ranks third of American cities in median household income[128] with a 2007 value of $65,519.[111] Median family income is $81,136.[111] An emigration of middle-class families has left the city with a lower proportion of children, 15%, than any other large American city.[129] The city's poverty rate is 12%, lower than the national average.[130] Homelessness has been a chronic problem for San Francisco since the early 1970s.[131] The city is believed to have the highest number of homeless inhabitants per capita of any major U.S. city.[132][133]

There are 345,811 households in the city, out of which: 133,366 households (39%) were individuals, 109,437 (32%) were opposite-sex married couples, 63,577 (18%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 21,677 (6%) were unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 10,384 (3%) were same-sex married couples or partnerships. The average household size was 2.26; the average family size was 3.11. 452,986 people (56%) lived in rental housing units, and 327,985 people (41%) lived in owner-occupied housing units. The median age of the city population is 38 years.

Homelessness[edit]
Homelessness, historically, has been a major problem in the city and remains a growing problem in modern times.[134] The homeless population is estimated to be 13,500 with 6,500 living on the streets.[135]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco#cite_note-California2011-140

Third in the country for median income, with homes costing 3-4 times that of the national average

As for the large number of homeless I expect other cities and states bus more to San Fran than San Fran buses back out

so what ethnicities in San Fran are you implying don't want to clean up? No need to be coy. Speak up!

<What's more important to me? The individual is more important. Focusing on the race and or ethnicity (or gender) is shallow, IMO. Also, all the person has to do to qualify for certain 'favors' are their, for example, race, ethnicity or gender. Nothing is required of their skills.> You mean ethnicity? For me, no. For you, yes. For you race.

There are many races and ethnicities in the downtown areas of the Texas towns and, as at a high school close to where I live that I walk my dog every day, I'm familiar with the messes left by students of all races and ethnicities. I think the key is no one at either the school or downtown Texas town demands people cleanup after themselves. So, the fault may actually be with the policy of the town with the messy downtown...and here we are, off topic.
If you care to, read my last post #20, again.

Last edited:
Me too, but the suburbs are fast coming to swallow up Uhland, TX - as soon as sewer is avialable (at about $5K to tie in) Uhland, TX will no longer be rural (it has already grown from 386 people in 2000 to 1,041 people in 2010). We now have more people than cattle - it's near time for us to seek a new pasture to live near since one accross from us was sold to a developer who is putting in 250 double-wide homes on 1/2 acre lots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhland,_Texas#Demographics

Well, the great thing about rural life is that you get to see your land value skyrocket and the burbs move in, so each time you move you can by more land and more house.

Well, the great thing about rural life is that you get to see your land value skyrocket and the burbs move in, so each time you move you can by more land and more house.

That may be true for home/land owners but we rent.

It's more about ethnicity but if you want to pretend it doesn't have an affect I wouldn't be surprised.

Fine. That's the same response the guy I was talking to gave. Then I asked what specific "ethncity" is he accusing of not cleaning up after themselves and he kind of disappeared. You want to take up that mantle for him?

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...72430013.html?amp=y&__twitter_impression=true

Have you been to San Francisco lately?

I have on business multiple times, and I've been there many times over the years. Used to be one of my favorite places to go.

Now, it's just filthy. Disgustingly gross, and random where you run into it. Homeless people openly urinating, defecating, and doing all sorts of drugs plainly in public.

These hard left causes are catching up with the Bay Area quickly.

Surely there can't be homeless in San Francisco, can there? The liberal Utopia capital of the country?

It's more about ethnicity but if you want to pretend it doesn't have an affect I wouldn't be surprised.
What he's (poweRob) trying to do is have someone post there are differences among ethnicities in, for example, the way they clean up. When they opine differences, I believe he wants to jump to sermonize.:roll:

Last edited:
Fine. That's the same response the guy I was talking to gave. Then I asked what specific "ethncity" is he accusing of not cleaning up after themselves and he kind of disappeared. You want to take up that mantle for him?

Sorry, don't feel like being labeled a racist today.

What he's (poweRob) trying to do is have someone post there are differences among ethnicities in, for example, the way they clean up. When they opine differences, I believe he wants to jump to sermonize.:roll:

Yeah, I gathered that as well. Not in the mood for some puff puff lecture.

California has the largest population in the country, the largest economy in the country, and the 6-7th largest economy in the WORLD. Yet because of 'politics' the brainwashed Fox news devotees almost daily try to make California out to be a backwards 3rd world country.

But those same people who say politics are the cause of all of California's woes forget how many southern Red States like Mississippi are truly hell holes.

Turn off Fox, get out and see the world. Make up your own minds for once.

The liberal utopia turns out to be a sh*thole. What a surprise.

LOL!!!! A ****hole with some of the highest real estate prices and cost of living in the entire world. There sure does seem to be a lot of people that want to live in San Francisco considering it's supposedly just a **** hole.

The reason places like Mississippi don't have a bigger homeless problem is that there aren't enough wealthy people around to beg. I'll take San Francisco's problems over those of most of the rest of the country. Particularly the conservative south. It's easier to clean up some trash here and there than it is to convince some dumb hick he doesn't need to have 20 broken down cars parked in his front yard.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...72430013.html?amp=y&__twitter_impression=true

Have you been to San Francisco lately?

I have on business multiple times, and I've been there many times over the years. Used to be one of my favorite places to go.

Now, it's just filthy. Disgustingly gross, and random where you run into it. Homeless people openly urinating, defecating, and doing all sorts of drugs plainly in public.

I can’t go a week without someone asking me money here. It sucks being an end of the road state.

LOL!!!! A ****hole with some of the highest real estate prices and cost of living in the entire world. There sure does seem to be a lot of people that want to live in San Francisco considering it's supposedly just a **** hole.

The reason places like Mississippi don't have a bigger homeless problem is that there aren't enough wealthy people around to beg. I'll take San Francisco's problems over those of most of the rest of the country. Particularly the conservative south. It's easier to clean up some trash here and there than it is to convince some dumb hick he doesn't need to have 20 broken down cars parked in his front yard.

Wrong. Cities populations grow due to convenience. Not because of the quality of life. Tech Companies build near other tech companies. Car companies. Etc ad naseum.

California has the largest population in the country, the largest economy in the country, and the 6-7th largest economy in the WORLD. Yet because of 'politics' the brainwashed Fox news devotees almost daily try to make California out to be a backwards 3rd world country.

But those same people who say politics are the cause of all of California's woes forget how many southern Red States like Mississippi is truly hellholes.

Turn off Fox, get out and see the world. Make up your own minds for once.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...states-america-which-one-top-rated/926586001/

My favorite part is that most of the problems California had in recent history happened under a Celebrity Republican Governor in Arnold Schwartzenegger. Now that it's back under the leadership of a Democratic Career Politician in Jerry Brown it's actually doing really really well. California is now ranked as the 14th best run state in the country behind other liberal strongholds like Minnesota.

Most likely it was because of your failure to connect with the people living there. You probably closed YOUR mind to them and their way of life because it was different than yours. I've seen it happen time and again. Arrogant "big city dweller" comes to a small town and whines because the only theater is the High School drama class. Instead of enjoying them, they whine about not having a decent theater. Those are the small minds...

Negative, it was because there is was very little room for a life and career in the arts or anything else( outside farming or working at the local Piggly Wiggly) in a tiny town of small minded racists. I do have two long time friends there that owned a James Dean Museum in Fairmount for over 20 years, they're a gay married couple that have been put through hell by the local hillbillies. However the town now loves them due to the major revenue that they bring in from the tourism and the other James Dean themed events that they sponsor. That town ****ing sucks.

I think I can believe the bolded.

I grew-up in a Polish neighborhood, and it had a distinct European flavor. I remember as a kid, every time it stopped raining the Busias (Polish grandmas) would come out and sweep the sidewalks, including the public sidewalks, clean from the rain water and any debris it carried. My grandmother did likewise. This was not just the shopkeepers, but the residential building owners (many were 2 & 3 flats), and even those that lived in the larger apartment buildings. Everything outside was always kept spic & span. To the point of the then stereotype, of "the Polish cleaning lady".

That sounds like a neighborhood where a kid couldn't get away with any shenanigans.

Wrong. Cities populations grow due to convenience. Not because of the quality of life. Tech Companies build near other tech companies.

HAHAHA!!!! Just random luck that all these incredibly smart, incredibly well-educated people all want to live in the same place huh? Keep telling yourself that.

Here's the truth. Modern companies need good young highly educated talent. Guess where those people want to live? Turns out it's not Mississippi for some reason. If you want to grow your local economy build good schools particularly for higher education. Invest in culture and art. Stop banning abortion and attacking gay people.

Back
Top Bottom