• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret comm. channel with Kremlin

Re: Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret comm. channel with Krem

Your OP? Which OP is that? I thought Verax started this thread?

I should clarify "my OP" as in "my original reply". The original post of my argument. It was, as I've repeated before, that Trump was not "the people's choice". That was my statement. In which I also stated that Trump was, indeed, elected by the electoral college, but not by popular vote. Not by "the people". Argue that, not about the electoral college. That is a distraction.

Re: Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret comm. channel with Krem

I should clarify "my OP" as in "my original reply". The original post of my argument. It was, as I've repeated before, that Trump was not "the people's choice". That was my statement. In which I also stated that Trump was, indeed, elected by the electoral college, but not by popular vote. Not by "the people". Argue that, not about the electoral college. That is a distraction.

Ok, so liberals don't see Trump as the legitimate President, even though he is...Got it....Not sure how that will help anything moving forward, other than making libs look like constant whiners when they don't get their way....:shrug:

Ok, so liberals don't see Trump as the legitimate President, even though he is...Got it....Not sure how that will help anything moving forward, other than making libs look like constant whiners when they don't get their way....:shrug:

You keep changing the subject so as to avoid responding to the point of what I originally posted. You are replying with a separate argument so as to bash liberals, which had nothing to do with my post. I've not interest in you piggy-backing on my postings without being respectful and directly responding to the question at hand. Do you agree or disagree that Trump was the people's choice? That he won the popular vote? Otherwise, just go away. I've no interest in dealing with a dishonest debater.

You keep changing the subject so as to avoid responding to the point of what I originally posted. You are replying with a separate argument so as to bash liberals, which had nothing to do with my post. I've not interest in you piggy-backing on my postings without being respectful and directly responding to the question at hand. Do you agree or disagree that Trump was the people's choice? That he won the popular vote? Otherwise, just go away. I've no interest in dealing with a dishonest debater.

I already answered that he didn't receive the popular vote....That's just a fact...Not sure what you hope to gain out of that though....And I am not being disrespectful blue, just direct...Sorry that offends you so...Yes, Hillary won the popular vote is that what you want?

As for a mandate, that can be seen in much more than just the Presidential election win. That can also be measured by Republican's holding the House, Senate, Presidency, and a large majority of state legislatures, Governor's, etc....The mandate to me is that "progressivism" is, much like it was some 100 plus years ago, rejected.

I already answered that he didn't receive the popular vote....That's just a fact...Not sure what you hope to gain out of that though....And I am not being disrespectful blue, just direct...Sorry that offends you so...Yes, Hillary won the popular vote is that what you want?

As for a mandate, that can be seen in much more than just the Presidential election win. That can also be measured by Republican's holding the House, Senate, Presidency, and a large majority of state legislatures, Governor's, etc....The mandate to me is that "progressivism" is, much like it was some 100 plus years ago, rejected.

You did not give me so “direct” an answer that would amount to saying “…he didn't receive the popular vote”. So, it’s not the fact you say it is. Nor so direct an answer as to say “…Hillary won the popular vote…”. Maybe you said that to somebody else, but not to me. Maybe you’re just lazy for not checking your own work and just imagining things, or actually dishonest, but certainly not direct in anything posted to me. I will most certainly apologize if you can show me otherwise. Nonetheless, thanks for finally being honest and direct. It took a lot to get it out of you, I think.

You did not give me so “direct” an answer that would amount to saying “…he didn't receive the popular vote”. So, it’s not the fact you say it is. Nor so direct an answer as to say “…Hillary won the popular vote…”. Maybe you said that to somebody else, but not to me. Maybe you’re just lazy for not checking your own work and just imagining things, or actually dishonest, but certainly not direct in anything posted to me. I will most certainly apologize if you can show me otherwise. Nonetheless, thanks for finally being honest and direct. It took a lot to get it out of you, I think.

Are you freakin kidding me?! Look, You're not my superior, boss, wife, or anything of the sort, so I don't answer to you....You don't like my answers, don't interact with me....It's really that simple. c-ya.

Are you freakin kidding me?! Look, You're not my superior, boss, wife, or anything of the sort, so I don't answer to you....You don't like my answers, don't interact with me....It's really that simple. c-ya.

You said you gave an answer to me that in reality you did not. That is, therefor, a false statement you gave. I will not be put upon by false statements. Therefore, I refuted what you said. Now you divert the debate into one of your perceiving me to be acting as your superior, or your boss, wife or whatever. If you can't back up your own word that I refuted, I can understand why you would divert attention and runaway with a "c-ya". I can understand because you are not a real debater. Cut 'n' run.

Do you have a reputable source for this? I'm going to guess, "no". Nice try.

What in God's name would make you think the rest of the media would report it if they had the information? We know they wouldn't. You know they wouldn't.

Washington Post

The naivete and stupidity of this administration is astonishing. Perhaps their best defense strategy at trial will be to claim they're all idiots.

Keep talking, it'll be your undoing.

You said you gave an answer to me that in reality you did not. That is, therefor, a false statement you gave. I will not be put upon by false statements. Therefore, I refuted what you said. Now you divert the debate into one of your perceiving me to be acting as your superior, or your boss, wife or whatever. If you can't back up your own word that I refuted, I can understand why you would divert attention and runaway with a "c-ya". I can understand because you are not a real debater. Cut 'n' run.

News for you, Trump was elected under the same rules we have elected Presidents since the country began. You lost, get over it, Hillary is not President. Quit bringing your butthurt into every thread. No one cares, no one is going to care. Do you need a safe space?

News for you, Trump was elected under the same rules we have elected Presidents since the country began. You lost, get over it, Hillary is not President. Quit bringing your butthurt into every thread. No one cares, no one is going to care. Do you need a safe space?

I agree with the rules. I am not arguing that. You just don't understand the point I was making in regards to the post I was replying to, which I have detailed numerous times in this thread. You cannot say that Trump was the "peoples' choice". You're the one that can't get over that. He was chosen, as by law, by the Electorate. Not the popular vote. It is you who must get over that. I accept the electoral vote and the fact of the vote decided by the electoral process. You must accept the outcome of the popular vote was for Hillary, though the fact is that the selection of President was by electoral vote, not popular. Do you accept that?

I agree with the rules. I am not arguing that. You just don't understand the point I was making in regards to the post I was replying to, which I have detailed numerous times in this thread. You cannot say that Trump was the "peoples' choice". You're the one that can't get over that. He was chosen, as by law, by the Electorate. Not the popular vote. It is you who must get over that. I accept the electoral vote and the fact of the vote decided by the electoral process. You must accept the outcome of the popular vote was for Hillary, though the fact is that the selection of President was by electoral vote, not popular. Do you accept that?

Nope. The people's choice is the electoral college, meaning he is the people's choice. Using the popular vote as a measuring stick is just attempts to leverage political advantage. Democrats need to stop ignoring "flyover country" when it isn't election time.

Nope. The people's choice is the electoral college, meaning he is the people's choice. Using the popular vote as a measuring stick is just attempts to leverage political advantage. Democrats need to stop ignoring "flyover country" when it isn't election time.

The Electoral College was designed in 1787 as a balance, or a compromise, between public input or no public input at all. Public input would be giving full credit to the popular vote. No public input would be deciding the Presidency by certain insiders. Thus, the Electoral College was so designed. The people's choice is it's own. The people chose Hillary. However, the vote of the populace is strained through the Electoral College to decide who becomes President. It's the Electoral College that decides who becomes President, not the choice of the People. You simply don't understand the entire system and can't admit that Hillary won the popular vote and was the choice of the people. Can you.

The Electoral College was designed in 1787 as a balance, or a compromise, between public input or no public input at all. Public input would be giving full credit to the popular vote. No public input would be deciding the Presidency by certain insiders. Thus, the Electoral College was so designed. The people's choice is it's own. The people chose Hillary. However, the vote of the populace is strained through the Electoral College to decide who becomes President. It's the Electoral College that decides who becomes President, not the choice of the People. You simply don't understand the entire system and can't admit that Hillary won the popular vote and was the choice of the people. Can you.

The electoral has been and remains the choice of the people, you are engaging in a rationalizing sophistry because you cannot admit Trump won and you want to undermine his legitimacy as President.

Look, I work for a living, so I don't have time to answer non stop like some others....But, tell me what this means to you, so that I can understand why it is that you just don't seem to internalize that I have answered your dumb question about the popular vote....

"...he didn't receive the popular vote....That's just a fact."

Now, are you able to acknowledge that, or do I just have to ignore your further silliness....?

The electoral has been and remains the choice of the people, you are engaging in a rationalizing sophistry because you cannot admit Trump won and you want to undermine his legitimacy as President.

Trump was not the choice of the People. He was, by law, the choice of the Electorate. Look it up. Trump rightfully won the Presidency and is the legitimate President of the US. I've kept repeating that, yet you ignorantly deny it. It is your infantile denial of Hillary winning the popular vote that spouts your stupidity. I've continually affirmed what you say of the electoral affirmation of Trump's ascendancy to the Presidency. You, by some stonewall ignorance, refuse to accept my agreement with what you say. Furthermore, you refuse to accept the fact that Hillary won the popular vote. How ignorant of this matter can you be?

Trump was not the choice of the People. He was, by law, the choice of the Electorate. Look it up. Trump rightfully won the Presidency and is the legitimate President of the US. I've kept repeating that, yet you ignorantly deny it. It is your infantile denial of Hillary winning the popular vote that spouts your stupidity. I've continually affirmed what you say of the electoral affirmation of Trump's ascendancy to the Presidency. You, by some stonewall ignorance, refuse to accept my agreement with what you say. Furthermore, you refuse to accept the fact that Hillary won the popular vote. How ignorant of this matter can you be?

First off, stop calling me ignorant. You know better. Second, I never denied she won the popular vote. The definition you used was the choice of the people. Well the choice of the people is done through the electoral college. You are engaged in this self lie where you tell yourself Trump did not win the election to undermine his Presidency. He did win, you need to get over it and quit using excuses to attempt to portray Hillary as the President, its just silly. She lost, get past it.

Look, I work for a living, so I don't have time to answer non stop like some others....But, tell me what this means to you, so that I can understand why it is that you just don't seem to internalize that I have answered your dumb question about the popular vote....

"...he didn't receive the popular vote....That's just a fact."

Now, are you able to acknowledge that, or do I just have to ignore your further silliness....?

The post I was responding to was that Trump was "the people's choice". I am saying that Trump was not the people's choice. I am saying that Hillary was the people's choice. But, in the US, unlike all other national positions, the President is selected by the Electoral College. Which is not by the people. A candidate can win the popular vote, as was the case with Hillary, but lose the Electoral vote, as was won by Trump. Perfectly constitutional. To deny so would be ludicrous. To deny that Hillary won the popular vote, being the people's choice, would be equally ludicrous.

First off, stop calling me ignorant. You know better. Second, I never denied she won the popular vote. The definition you used was the choice of the people. Well the choice of the people is done through the electoral college. You are engaged in this self lie where you tell yourself Trump did not win the election to undermine his Presidency. He did win, you need to get over it and quit using excuses to attempt to portray Hillary as the President, its just silly. She lost, get past it.

How often can I say that Trump won the Presidency yet you obliquely deny I said so? Thereby, you truly are an idiot. Show me where I ever denied that Trump rightfully won the Presidency as you falsely assert? It is on that basis I say you are ignorant. Address the subject at hand. Respond to what I have laid out, point by point.

How often can I say that Trump won the Presidency yet you obliquely deny I said so? Thereby, you truly are an idiot. Show me where I ever denied that Trump rightfully won the Presidency as you falsely assert? It is on that basis I say you are ignorant. Address the subject at hand. Respond to what I have laid out, point by point.

Yeah, we're done. You are engaging in a lie whereby you say Trump is not the people's choice. Its false.

Yeah, we're done. You are engaging in a lie whereby you say Trump is not the people's choice. Its false.

Hillary was the People's choice. Trump was the choice of the Electorate. The Constitution allows the President to be chosen either way, or by state Governors, for that matter. Choice by the People was decidedly rejected by our representatives empowered to so decide at the time. Read up and learn.

Hillary was the People's choice. Trump was the choice of the Electorate. The Constitution allows the President to be chosen either way, or by state Governors, for that matter. Choice by the People was decidedly rejected by our representatives empowered to so decide at the time. Read up and learn.

Someone call the wahmbulance, someone is having trouble with the election results.

Someone call the wahmbulance, someone is having trouble with the election results.

You can so idiotically ignore my stated acceptance of the election results while refusing to openly accept the obvious popular results that Hillary won the popular vote because you cannot bring your ego to do so. You'd sooner have a wahmbulance drag you out of a Volvo and get a heart transplant from a liberal, one's that has been used to be sure it works, than admit to that truth. I have no problem admitting to the obvious as I have. You have a problem admitting to the fact that Hillary won the popular vote and was the people's choice. Even though she lost the electoral vote and the Presidency and Trump won free and clear. Are you proclaiming yourself the debatepolitics village idiot?

You can so idiotically ignore my stated acceptance of the election results while refusing to openly accept the obvious popular results that Hillary won the popular vote because you cannot bring your ego to do so. You'd sooner have a wahmbulance drag you out of a Volvo and get a heart transplant from a liberal, one's that has been used to be sure it works, than admit to that truth. I have no problem admitting to the obvious as I have. You have a problem admitting to the fact that Hillary won the popular vote and was the people's choice. Even though she lost the electoral vote and the Presidency and Trump won free and clear. Are you proclaiming yourself the debatepolitics village idiot?

This is what happens when you press a liberal, they forget what civil discourse looks like.

I have no problem saying Clinton won the popular vote. I find the term "people's choice" to be a misnomer, as that's the person that wins the election. That's my opinion and you will just have to live with us disagreeing with that.

This is what happens when you press a liberal, they forget what civil discourse looks like.

I have no problem saying Clinton won the popular vote. I find the term "people's choice" to be a misnomer, as that's the person that wins the election. That's my opinion and you will just have to live with us disagreeing with that.

This is what happens when you press people who refuse to accept facts, be they liberal, conservative or whatever. They don't bother looking it up for themselves:

"Definition of people's choice in English:

people's choice
NOUN

A person or thing chosen by the majority of people, a popular favorite."

Your use of the term is, indeed, a misnomer. It is a wrong or inaccurate use of the term. If you admit that Clinton won the popular vote, then you are also admitting she was the people's choice. The choice of the people. So, you not only disagree with me, but with the English definition and the logic of our language.

Back
Top Bottom