• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ron Paul banned from Dec 7 debate!

a republican debate without Ron Paul?

might as well print the questions using finger paint and have nap time half way in.

if you cant see how they just told everyone that his views are not of the republican party then i dont know what to say to you.!

"I, Zyphlin, say that Rick Santorum's views are not that of the republican party"

By your logic, I represent the entire Republican Party because I said that a Republican nominee doesn't represent the views of the Republican Party.

That's ridiculous.

They, a private organization, is stating THEIR OPINION about a candidates views and those views relation to the party said organization identifies with. That does not equal "Representing the Republican Party"

The Jewish Coalition doesn't know Dr. Paul's views, if they do know them, the only thing that I can see is they just want more money, not unlike our entitlement hogs back home.

This is from Pauls campaign website:

Acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, puts our troops in harm’s way, and sends precious resources to other nations in the midst of an historic economic crisis.

That is the exact antithesis of the first plank of the RJC platform.

a republican debate without Ron Paul?

might as well print the questions using finger paint and have nap time half way in.

Yes yes, we all know anyone whose not Ron Paul is an idiot that are walking talking points .... except when pointed out specifically when they're not the conversation magically and suddenly stops. :roll:

This is from Pauls campaign website:

That is the exact antithesis of the first plank of the RJC platform.

So they are on record for wanting more money, and not wanting to be self-sufficient..gottcha!

my neighbor and his wife are....but i'm workin' on getting him over to the LP.

1,000 pardons. I admit I never heard of a Muslim being a Republican. Doesn't make sense if you ask me, thus I remained shocked.

Edit: Did your neighbor happen to watch the foreign policy debate where Santorum said we need to racially profile all Muslims?

Last edited:
So they are on record for wanting more money, and not wanting to be self-sufficient..gottcha!

What? Are you familiar with the term non sequitur? What you said has exactly nothing to do with what I said that I can see.

What? Are you familiar with the term non sequitur? What you said has exactly nothing to do with what I said that I can see.

Again, just because Ron Paul's position is in direct opposition to their "1st plank", does that give them the right to exclude Dr. Paul from a forum/debate what have you? Rick Perry said foreign aid has to stop, now regardless of his actual intentions, he said it. The only reason why they aren't excluding Perry is because they know he will be yet another pawn if he gets in the White House. Dr. Paul is vehemently opposed to the status quo, and if elected, would set the globalist's world plans back at least 50 years. There is most certainly an agenda here. Paul was excluded, but Perry, who said "no foreign aid" hasn't. Somethings not right here.

"I, Zyphlin, say that Rick Santorum's views are not that of the republican party"

By your logic, I represent the entire Republican Party because I said that a Republican nominee doesn't represent the views of the Republican Party.

That's ridiculous.

They, a private organization, is stating THEIR OPINION about a candidates views and those views relation to the party said organization identifies with. That does not equal "Representing the Republican Party"

it doesnt matter about you , ya see, you have no influence, you are not holding a major debate , and as far as millions of people hearing you say it, well you know the answer to that.

everyone here is debating 2 different things. some of us are talking about what is the right thing to do and others are talking about what their rights are!

everyone knows they have the right to do as they please, thats not up for debate!

as a major republican group they are WRONG!

Again, just because Ron Paul's position is in direct opposition to their "1st plank", does that give them the right to exclude Dr. Paul from a forum/debate what have you? Rick Perry said foreign aid has to stop, now regardless of his actual intentions, he said it. The only reason why they aren't excluding Perry is because they know he will be yet another pawn if he gets in the White House. Dr. Paul is vehemently opposed to the status quo, and if elected, would set the globalist's world plans back at least 50 years. There is most certainly an agenda here. Paul was excluded, but Perry, who said "no foreign aid" hasn't. Somethings not right here.

I did not claim that gave them the right. They have a right to exclude who they chose because it is a private function. Just as you or I can choose who we invite to a function we hold, they can choose who they invite to the function they are holding, that they are paying for, that they are running, that they are advertising. The fact that Paul's beliefs run counter to theirs is the reason they chose to exercise that right.

it doesnt matter about you , ya see, you have no influence, you are not holding a major debate , and as far as millions of people hearing you say it, well you know the answer to that.

everyone here is debating 2 different things. some of us are talking about what is the right thing to do and others are talking about what their rights are!

everyone knows they have the right to do as they please, thats not up for debate!

Where did these millions of people come from? Thousands, maybe.

So by your logic, people with some kind of influence are limited in their choice of actions, words and beliefs?

Can you please show me any evidence this is a debate at all, let alone a "major debate"? I keep asking, and no one is showing any evidence. I can't find it in the debate schedule, I cannot find any evidence it is televised.

I am outraged that people think he has some sort of right to be at this debate. It's a private function. No one has a right to be there, and the group holding it has every right to deny any one they want from attending.

Well that's my thing. I don't feel like private groups have any business meddling in public affairs.

Well that's my thing. I don't feel like private groups have any business meddling in public affairs.

Not following your logic? Should private groups not sponsor election events? Should they be required to allow all candidates speak at those events? Something completely different?

Not following your logic? Should private groups not sponsor election events? Should they be required to allow all candidates speak at those events? Something completely different?

I don't see why a private group should be holding a debate and deciding who can and cannot come. This is a public affair, not a private affair, dealing with public issues and people running for public office. Then again, I disagree with lobbying in general, I do not agree with super PACs, and I really do think private enterprises should be held completely separate from public business.

*Edit: But, since they are sponsoring this event, I do agree that they have every right to decide who can and cannot come. It's their event, they run it how they see fit.

I don't see why a private group should be holding a debate and deciding who can and cannot come. This is a public affair, not a private affair, dealing with public issues and people running for public office. Then again, I disagree with lobbying in general, I do not agree with super PACs, and I really do think private enterprises should be held completely separate from public business.

To the best of my knowledge, it's not a debate. They just invited some candidates to attend their event and speak. It's not televised that I can see, even CSPAN does not list it.

So whether or not the Republican National Committee actually endorses me, whether or not I have any official affiliation to them....if I'm wealthy and/or influential enough to host a forum that can be advertised and have presidential candidates show up, I become a representative of the WHOLE Republican Party?

Correct. Oh, and arguing about whether or not jews just care about their "banks and money", don't forget that one.

I don't think its wrong. I think its kind of dumb, but I don't think its wrong. Paul is someone who doesn't match up with the views of that group. That group is having a forum aimed, primarily first and foremost, towards the members and supporters of their group. Taking time away from the others to allow someone whose views don't match up with that targeted group is doing a disservice to those people; it'd be like inviting a Democrat to a Republican Party hosted primary debate. Now, I may not agree with their assessment of Paul, and I may think excluding him is a sort of hollow pointless gesture, but I in no way think its "WRONG".

To the best of my knowledge, it's not a debate. They just invited some candidates to attend their event and speak. It's not televised that I can see, even CSPAN does not list it.

Ohhhh, I just assumed because of the thread title. I should have known better considering the OP...

Whether Paul should be invited to the RJC debate is the prerogative of the RJC. They're not bound by the Constitution to uphold the right of assembly at events that they establish. If anything they're showing the true purpose of the 1st amendment. People are allowed to congregate as they want and with whomever they want. It may not be democratic, but hey, it's their right. If Pauligans want their prophet to speak to the masses, they are more than welcome to host their own events and broadcast it to whomever they want.

With that said, I must admit that this thread is simply marvelous. The Prophet is the embodiment of every single Paul fan I've ever come across put together. Great way to start the thread buddy. You're really going to get the people of this forum on your side by showing everyone that not only you're an antisemite but you're also a Ron Paul fan. You've quite possibly shot yourself in the same foot about 3 times within your first post.

Best of luck to you.

Me being a Ron Paul supporter I agree he shouldnt be excluded from this debate. I understand its a privite party but it is for the presdential race. But I do agree that his antisemitic comments are inappropriate and personally belive Dr. Paul wouldnt like that comment either. He does have some extreme views but doesnt all the canidates. I dont agree with 100% of what Dr. Paul has to say but thats no reason to exclude someone. I work in Fire/Ems and thats like me saying Im not gonna help you because I think you were to extreme in what you belive or did.

Israel has no better friend than America, and America has no better friend than Israel.
We stand together to defend democracy. We stand together to advance peace. We stand together to fight terrorism.
Congratulations, America. Congratulations, Mr. President. You got bin Laden. Good riddance.
In an unstable Middle East, Israel is the one anchor of stability. In a region of shifting alliances, Israel is America’s unwavering ally. Israel has always been pro-American.
My friends, you don’t have to -- you don’t need to do nation- building in Israel. We’re already built.
You don’t need to export democracy to Israel. We’ve already got it.
And you don’t need to send American troops to Israel. We defend ourselves.

Israel Prime Minister Binyamin address to Congress.

With Ron Paul sitting in Congrass and hearing this first hand sounds to me like he wants to give Israel what they want.

Can you believe this tripe? The Republican Jewish Coalition says his views are too extreme for them. I think this will help Ron Paul, and not hurt them like they want.

Paul BANNED from upcoming debate | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty

It seems our money and banks are important to Jews, but not our Constitution!

The private group gave a specific reason and it relates to Rep. Paul's views on foreign policy in general, particularly national security issues that are common U.S. and Israeli concerns, not to mention his past criticism of Israel. Indeed, if one goes to Paul's fiscal concept, he would eliminate all international assistance, some of which is provided to Israel. Paul's views run counter to the interests of those the Republican Jewish Coalition represent. It's not too surprising that the group declined to invite him to its event, as is its right as a private group.

Last edited:
so one has to bow down to a certain little country in the eastern Mediteranean in order to please the folks at the RJC?

that's not very fair..or American.

The U.S. and Israel have broad shared interests. At the same time, the RJC advocates for specific positions, as is common with all advocacy groups. If one takes positions against those held by a group be it the RJC or Club for Growth, one is not likely to be invited to speak before that group.

Anti-Semetic? You sure like to toss labels around guy. Actually, the Palestinians are a Semetic race, so it is the Jews who are the real anti-semites, and of course, people who they hate.

This is for reference when it comes to reporting messages with alleged anti-semitic content:

Moderator's Warning:
At DP, words should be used according to their generally accepted usage. Although Arabs, including Palestinians, are a Semitic people, anti-Semitism refers specifically to prejudice against Jewish people.

Anti-semitic | Define Anti-semitic at Dictionary.com

Last edited:
I learned a lot from this thread:

I didn't know about the RJC. I guess I assumed that American Jews were all on my side. Yeah, I know, that seems pretty dumb now.

I did not know that political debates were hosted by private organizations. It makes sense. The money has to come from somewhere.

No other host has not invited anyone. Rick Perry not invited himself, but that's self explanatory.

Political party primary debates are henceforth found to be not representative of the people, only to the private host group.

Just when I thought that we couldn't sink any lower, this happens. I predict that this non-invitational mockery will backfire. It's too wrong to do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom