• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney's Biggest Chance....

This is utter garbage.

Israel isn't the nation out there promising to "whipe Muslims from the face of the Earth". You liberals with your messed up sense of rationale.

The two civilizations are NOTHING alike. Israel is not threatening ANYONE with nuclear holacaust. Iran certainly has the delivery system to reach Israel though!

Liberals simply don't understand the East. They think ALL PEOPLE negotiate and reason like Westerners, and they don't. These civilizations have been ruled by kings, by monarchs, by dictators, by tyrants, by armies. They are a civilization that only knows FORCE. They have NEVER known freedom, and democracy. They do not understand it. They know and understand PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH. Liberals hate this fact, but it's a fact. Culturally, they are different people. They aren't "reasoners".

You don't understand what the Islamic goal is. Not just radical Islam, but Islam in general. Their goal is total control of Jerusalem, a global caliphate, and conversion of the entire world to Islam. That's not just the fundamentalists, that's the teachings of Islam.

Our chances of being targeted by terrorists aren't going to change. We are targeted because we are known as the "Christian nation" of "infidels". They are waging a holy war. We are not. They hate us because we are the center of Christian influence in the world today. They hate us because as Christians, we honor God's covenant with the Jews.

You personally may not be Christian. So what. I'm telling you why Muslims hate America. They are ancestors to the early Christians. And the House of Ishmail was cursed, God cursed the House of Ishmail. Now look at their societies, look at their governments, look at their lands, look at what their governments do to their people, to their women. They are cursed. They hate America because we are a symbol of Christ in the world, as are Jews, even though they have hardened their hearts towards Christ. Jews, even though most of them don't believe in Jesus the way we do as Christians, are still The God of Abraham's chosen people.

Allah is also the God of Abraham.

This has more to do with history than politics. They are deeply religious, and they hate us because by and large, not every single person in America, but as a nation, we are the biggest beacon for Christianity in the world. They hate Jews and Christians. Not because we have freedom of speech, but because by and large we worship a man named Jesus Christ. If you reject this fact, then you don't have an answer. You are fighting a myth, because THIS is why they hate us.

Oh and you Mr. Christian sound so different from the Muslims you describe. Do you not realize the Bible is every bit as violent as the Quran in certain passages, and that muslim has it's roots in Christianity?

Speeking of History, in the crusades Saladin attacked Europe right?

So since they only know force. Lets just show them more force instead of reason?

I'm personally not interested in a theocracy.

"You personally may not be Christian. So what. I'm telling you why Muslims hate America. They are ancestors to the early Christians. And the House of Ishmail was cursed, God cursed the House of Ishmail. Now look at their societies, look at their governments, look at their lands, look at what their governments do to their people, to their women. They are cursed. They hate America because we are a symbol of Christ in the world, as are Jews, even though they have hardened their hearts towards Christ. Jews, even though most of them don't believe in Jesus the way we do as Christians, are still The God of Abraham's chosen people."

Muslims are ancestors to the early Christians? I may not believe in any established religion or read the entire Bible, but come on...

Last edited:
Well this debate is going to be foriegn policy. Which Romney has zero experiance. I'm not sure who remembers 4 years ago, which candidate said in the foriegn policy debate repeatedly that OBL is in Pakistan.

Well... I don't think he has 0 experience in foreign policy. He has had dealings with various nations when he was CEO of Bain Capital. Sure, he never had dealings as the President or a foreign diplomat... but neither did Obama when he entered office.... and that sparked that ridiculous event with the russian relations reset button. It was so juvenile and kindergarten like... I mean where else do you see grown men press the reset button for their relationships? that works for children.

I do not expect Jim Leher to push either candidate so the onus will be on them to step up their own game.

Oh and you Mr. Christian sound so different from the Muslims you describe. Do you not realize the Bible is every bit as violent as the Quran in certain passages, and that muslim has it's roots in Christianity?

Speeking of History in the crusades the Saladin attacked Europe right?

muslim cannot have its roots in Christianity. Islam can have its roots in christianity... and it does, to some extend. It however, has deeper roots in talmudic judaism.

The crusades were almost 1000 years ago... 800 to be precise. there are jihads declared today.

I can see how the hard right sees the current policies in the darkest of terms. There are several here who think turning the Middle East into a glass covered parking lot is the best solution.

I do think putting much faith in Willard turning the polls around with 'tough on Middle East/China/mimes' is a false hope. I bet you a shiny Texas Succession nickle far more Americans DON'T want to get medieval in the Middle East. Most of we have had enough sacrifice of lives and treasure to plant much of anything in the Middle East.

If Willard attacks President Obama on this during the debate I don't think he will change many moderates, just solidify a base that sadly enough has nowhere else to go but still can't get all warm and fuzzy over the former Romneycare governor of Taxischussettes...

But cling to your belief in using the debates to get tough on the Middle East will do the trick... a forlorn hope is better than none at all...

This is utter garbage.

Israel isn't the nation out there promising to "whipe Muslims from the face of the Earth". You liberals with your messed up sense of rationale.

The two civilizations are NOTHING alike. Israel is not threatening ANYONE with nuclear holacaust. Iran certainly has the delivery system to reach Israel though!

Liberals simply don't understand the East. They think ALL PEOPLE negotiate and reason like Westerners, and they don't. These civilizations have been ruled by kings, by monarchs, by dictators, by tyrants, by armies. They are a civilization that only knows FORCE. They have NEVER known freedom, and democracy. They do not understand it. They know and understand PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH. Liberals hate this fact, but it's a fact. Culturally, they are different people. They aren't "reasoners".

You don't understand what the Islamic goal is. Not just radical Islam, but Islam in general. Their goal is total control of Jerusalem, a global caliphate, and conversion of the entire world to Islam. That's not just the fundamentalists, that's the teachings of Islam.

Our chances of being targeted by terrorists aren't going to change. We are targeted because we are known as the "Christian nation" of "infidels". They are waging a holy war. We are not. They hate us because we are the center of Christian influence in the world today. They hate us because as Christians, we honor God's covenant with the Jews.

You personally may not be Christian. So what. I'm telling you why Muslims hate America. They are ancestors to the early Christians. And the House of Ishmail was cursed, God cursed the House of Ishmail. Now look at their societies, look at their governments, look at their lands, look at what their governments do to their people, to their women. They are cursed. They hate America because we are a symbol of Christ in the world, as are Jews, even though they have hardened their hearts towards Christ. Jews, even though most of them don't believe in Jesus the way we do as Christians, are still The God of Abraham's chosen people.

Allah is also the God of Abraham.

This has more to do with history than politics. They are deeply religious, and they hate us because by and large, not every single person in America, but as a nation, we are the biggest beacon for Christianity in the world. They hate Jews and Christians. Not because we have freedom of speech, but because by and large we worship a man named Jesus Christ. If you reject this fact, then you don't have an answer. You are fighting a myth, because THIS is why they hate us.

You have made it very clear why you want muslims to hate America, so you can justify doing the same thing to them that you CLAIM they want to do to us. Which of you is better? Both sides you describe are hateful genocidal maniacs. Sane people want no part of EITHER side.

I certainly dislike hateful ignorant Americans like you, but no I like this country overall. Now care to share the details of your trip with honesty. Where have you been and what have you done?

Turn on the television? Oh so thats where you get the "most Musliums are 'violent' and 'barbaric'". Time to watch less TV.

There's a difference bettween poor and undereducated and barbaric, voilent, and evil.

I'm not hateful, and I'm sure not ignorant. I've traveled the world my friend. I would bet you a thousand dollars that I read books 10 to 1 compared to you.

If you knew what the largest Muslim country in the ME was, you wouldn't have to ask me where I've traveled. lol....and who's ignorant again?

I happen to understand the truth about Islam. They AREN'T a violent religion. Let me rephrase that. Historically, they weren't a violent religion. I've actually seen with my own two eyes, a scroll that was written by Muhammed himself. The scroll was only partial, but it was mainly in tact. It was a letter to Muslims in reference to Christians. In it, he called Christians the "brothers and cousins" of Muslims. And he is literally correct. Muslims and Christians share the same ancestors. Muhammed instructed other Muslims to "respect" and "live peacefully" with Christians.

Islam has increasingly become more radicalized. Now, the radical elements of Islam literally control the religion. The radicals control the militaries, the radicals controll the educational madrassas, the radicals control the mosques, and the radicals control the nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, and in cases like Egypt and Libya, Syria, Iran, Indonesia, Palestine, the radicals control the entire government.

You have made it very clear why you want muslims to hate America, so you can justify doing the same thing to them that you CLAIM they want to do to us. Which of you is better? Both sides you describe are hateful genocidal maniacs. Sane people want no part of EITHER side.

I don't want to war with them at all. I don't want to "start" a war with them, and I dang sure don't want to "whipe Muslims off the face of the Earth". I do not believe in forceful coversion to Christianity, and I don't believe in establishing a global "Christian" religion.

So no, I'm nothing like them. I do NOT want to do the same things to them.

You are way off base if that's what you've taken from my comments.

Speeking of History, in the crusades Saladin attacked Europe right?

So since they only know force. Lets just show them more force instead of reason?

I'm personally not interested in a theocracy.

"You personally may not be Christian. So what. I'm telling you why Muslims hate America. They are ancestors to the early Christians. And the House of Ishmail was cursed, God cursed the House of Ishmail. Now look at their societies, look at their governments, look at their lands, look at what their governments do to their people, to their women. They are cursed. They hate America because we are a symbol of Christ in the world, as are Jews, even though they have hardened their hearts towards Christ. Jews, even though most of them don't believe in Jesus the way we do as Christians, are still The God of Abraham's chosen people."

Muslims are ancestors to the early Christians? I may not believe in any established religion or read the entire Bible, but come on...

Come on what? Isaac and Ishmail were BOTH sons of Abraham, WHO WAS A JEW! The birthright passed to Isaac, because he was the son of Sarah, Abraham's wife. Ishmail was the son of Abraham's servent, who he had impregnated because they didn't think Sarah could have any children. Turns out, she could. Ishmail didn't receive the birthright of Abraham, which means he didn't inherit anything.

The Bible talks about "carving out a place" for the House of Ishmail, but it wasn't the inherited birthright of the Jews, which were God's chosen people.

Again, you know nothing about what I'm talking about, and understand even less!!!

Christians were descendents of Isaac, and Muslims are descendants of Ishmail.....THEY WERE BROTHERS!!!!

Iraq is worse because we never should have invaded them. Killing 100,000 of their citizens is not the way to make friends. The Afghans are fed up with us also. We are only there for Alqeada and the drones are taking good care of them. It's time to leave and Obama is doing it,

Oh, my bad, I didn't realize the goal of war was to "make friends". I thought the goal of war was to defeat your enemy.

Get this through your head, THEY are not our friends. The radicals who are controlling their religion and governments ARE NOT our friends. They have no desire to be our friends either.

Only a liberal would declare that "making friends" is an object of war......smh

Let me get a little more personal....

Why aren't YOU asking yourself the questions I just raised? Are you not concerned that the media has so grossly failed to do their job, that it's dangerous? How more obvious can it get?

I'm sorry but you can't make this claim and exclude Fox News (who's viewership numbers show they reach a greater number than any other single source) and who are definitely biased but just on the other side, or exclude NPR since they don't really have a bias, they do however have a liberal tone.

Oh, my bad, I didn't realize the goal of war was to "make friends". I thought the goal of war was to defeat your enemy.

Get this through your head, THEY are not our friends. The radicals who are controlling their religion and governments ARE NOT our friends. They have no desire to be our friends either.

Do you realize how much you sound like the radical muslims?

Islam has increasingly become more radicalized. Now, the radical elements of Islam literally control the religion. The radicals control the militaries, the radicals controll the educational madrassas, the radicals control the mosques, and the radicals control the nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, and in cases like Egypt and Libya, Syria, Iran, Indonesia, Palestine, the radicals control the entire government.
LOL, Egypt is going through an Arab spring "revolution", a rejection of tyrannical rule for democratic political choice, which started in Tunisia and swept through Libya and is in full effect in Syria. This is not a movement of radical Islamists.

Iran was a state born out of a reaction away from US hegemony, our undercutting the reformer Mosaddegh set the stage for the eventual rejection of the Shah.

Indonesia has become a real republic and full trading partner with western states, if anything you should be praising the moves they have made.

Palestine is a total tragedy, complete blame for their condition is at Israel's feet since Israel is in total control of situation. Most of the unrest in the Arab world can b traced directly to Israel's horrific human rights violations of the Palestinians.

I don't want to war with them at all. I don't want to "start" a war with them, and I dang sure don't want to "whipe Muslims off the face of the Earth". I do not believe in forceful coversion to Christianity, and I don't believe in establishing a global "Christian" religion.

So no, I'm nothing like them. I do NOT want to do the same things to them.

You are way off base if that's what you've taken from my comments.

Then what is your point? If we are to believe that you are correct about the aims of muslims we must declare war on them or be conquered. You are deluding yourselve if you think you are not as hateful as they are. Radical muslims are a sign of social unrest brought on by changes in their world, your views are similar in more ways than you know.

You are the only one at war with those countries. I guess you missed the memo but winning the "hearts and minds" of the people was a prime directive for success in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
I might remind you that as a Christian you MUST do unto others as you would have done to yourself.

You are the only one at war with those countries. I guess you missed the memo but winning the "hearts and minds" of the people was a prime directive for success in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
I might remind you that as a Christian you MUST do unto others as you would have done to yourself.

That failed didn't it? the USA failed to win over the hearts and minds of the afghan and iraqi people and now the military, paid for and trained by the US of those countries is turning against the USA itself. green-on-blue attacks increased dramatically over the past years in afghanistan and the ones in Iraq aren't quite at that level yet.

Also, this does not mean for you to be unreasonable or stupid. It means that if someone who is a good person, but has wronged you, forgive him. Do not wrong him because you will start a vicious cycle. Forgive him... and be good to him so that he will be good to you in the future. It doesn't mean you should be good to people who really, really hate your guts. You can't be friends with people who want you dead.

The first debate is this week, and Romney needs to, and should, do well. This is Romney's chance to speak his message directly to national audiences without the spin of the mainstream media.

And what message is that?

I also like how you are setting up to make my prediction come true where Romney backers pre-emptively attack the media even before the debate begins so that they have an out when Romney gets his ass handed to him in the debates.

Nobody can explain anything in 60 seconds allowed for an answer. It is just going to be 90 minutes of attack the other one unfortunately. Debates suck.

Also, this does not mean for you to be unreasonable or stupid. It means that if someone who is a good person, but has wronged you, forgive him. Do not wrong him because you will start a vicious cycle. Forgive him... and be good to him so that he will be good to you in the future. It doesn't mean you should be good to people who really, really hate your guts. You can't be friends with people who want you dead.
Take out your Bible**, turn to Luke 6:27, and start reading.

** I assume from under the leg of the table you are keeping level with it.

Obama has also made it VERY clear that we do not tolerate extremists who commit violent acts upon anyone, especially US citizens. The stuff you watch and read probably convieniently left that part out.

We don't "tolerate" it? Hmmmm....interesting.

I know Obama clearly "condemns" attacks like the one in Libya, but what he "does" about it is another story. Are you following the story line at all? Obama's administration knew about the attacks at least 24 hours in advance. Then they lied about the cause of the attacks. Video proves there wasn't even really a demonstration before the attacks like the Obama admin said there was.

First, they claimed the attack was a protest that went out of control. Then they said it was the YouTube video. Both turned out to be lies. Not just being wrong, they lied about it. Even to this day, there are conflicting stories about what happened, and is still happening in Libya. The FBI was going to investigate, and they have YET to arrive in Libya. CNN got ahold of the ambassador's diary, ....CNN!!! Not the FBI, not the State Dept......CNN! Now the State Dept is refusing to turn over cables between the ambassador and State in the few days leading up to the attacks.

You don't think the ME is worse now than it was 4 years ago? lol...wow....that's pretty funny. The Arab Spring has turned out to be precisely what the Republicans said it would be. The insurrection of Fundamentalist Islam. That's EXACTLY what the Arab Spring has brought to the middle east. Jihad, fundamentalism, Sharia Law, the Muslim Brotherhood, and an emboldened Iran and Syria.

While Obama may not "tolerate" attacks like this, he also doesn't "tolerate" freedom of speech and expression. He also doesn't "tolerate" a media that asks tough questions. While he tolerates depictions of a Christian Crucifix encased in human urine. As a matter of fact, he doesn't just "tolerate" it, the government funds it in public museums. He seems to be "tolerating" the mass genocide happening in Syria, because the Russians and Chinese have told him to butt out. He seems to tolerate unemployment too, because it's gone up under his watch. He seems to tolerate massive debt too, because it's exploded under Obama.

Should I go on? I think you get the point. He equally condemns freedom of speech just as much as he condemns the terrorist attacks. What a position for the President of the United States of America, the last beacon of personal freedom in the entire world.....

Good job Obama....

And what message is that?

I also like how you are setting up to make my prediction come true where Romney backers pre-emptively attack the media even before the debate begins so that they have an out when Romney gets his ass handed to him in the debates.

Was that your way of saying the media is doing a swell job of being non-partisan during this election?

Someone go rent us a back-hoe cause we're gonna need one for this guy's head in the sand......

I only have to repeat ONE example.....their handling of the Libya story. Completely ignoring it. The President, Secretary of State, and the American Ambassador to the UN, are all caught, ON RECORD, lying to the American people.

Obama also lied about Fast and Furious. He said it was a program started under Bush. A complete and utter lie. Where's the media? Where are all the lefty freedom chanters over all this condemning of free speech in America???? I remember a day when liberals declared, "I don't agree with what you just said, but I defend your right to say it."?????

THose days are over for liberals. They no longer defend real freedoms. They use statements like that as punchlines, nothing more. Freedom is an ideal, not a slogan. Freedom is something our ancestors faught and died for, not something they talked about during campaign season. The left is so far unattached from reality it's become dangerous. They see Israel as the problem in the ME, even though Israel is the size of Rhode Island practically, and is surrounded by fundamentalist Islamists who have stated that given a chance, they will kill every Jew in Israel. Ya, sounds like Israel is the instigator for sure. It's so beyond absurd, I don't even know if there's a word for it.

Over the past four years, this administration has BENT OVER BACKWARDS to get the point across to the Islamic world that America is NOT anti-Muslim.

Obama has deployed the State Department, the Intelligence Agencies, even NASA for reaching out to the Muslim world.

We have condemned videos, we've condemned Enhanced Interrogations, we've condemned Gitmo, we've condemned cartoons in newspapers, we've sent our President to Egypt in some "feel good" mission of outreach, we've encouraged the Arab Spring, we've condemned the burning of Korans, we've given detainees in Gitmo the freedom to worship twice a day, we gave Osama Bin Laden a proper burial (according to the State Dept), and our government has made COUNTLESS statements about how we "respect Islam".

No, don't tell me we haven't tried that approach. And look, the ME still burns. They still hate us. They still burn our flag. They still kill us, still attack our embassies, still threaten us. Iran still works on nuclear capability.

Obama's foreign policy approach of appeasement hasn't slowed them down at all, and if anything, it's encouraged them to move faster!!!

You can't deny reality liberals! Just look at the Middle East for Christ sake. You call this "working"? You call this "better"? Dear lord, I would hate to see what "worse" looked like to you guys!!

So what in your opinion should we do? Do you have a solution to this volatile region that is part of our global economy? This is a very touchy situation and the only people who really know what is going on are the people who have to handle these situations every day. So tell me what you think we should do.

Was that your way of saying the media is doing a swell job of being non-partisan during this election?

Someone go rent us a back-hoe cause we're gonna need one for this guy's head in the sand......

I only have to repeat ONE example.....their handling of the Libya story. Completely ignoring it. The President, Secretary of State, and the American Ambassador to the UN, are all caught, ON RECORD, lying to the American people.

Obama also lied about Fast and Furious. He said it was a program started under Bush. A complete and utter lie. Where's the media? Where are all the lefty freedom chanters over all this condemning of free speech in America???? I remember a day when liberals declared, "I don't agree with what you just said, but I defend your right to say it."?????

THose days are over for liberals. They no longer defend real freedoms. They use statements like that as punchlines, nothing more. Freedom is an ideal, not a slogan. Freedom is something our ancestors faught and died for, not something they talked about during campaign season. The left is so far unattached from reality it's become dangerous. They see Israel as the problem in the ME, even though Israel is the size of Rhode Island practically, and is surrounded by fundamentalist Islamists who have stated that given a chance, they will kill every Jew in Israel. Ya, sounds like Israel is the instigator for sure. It's so beyond absurd, I don't even know if there's a word for it.

Your post is delusional in that it has no facts. I watched the libya coverage today on CNN you know... that station you all love to call Communist News Network. Funny stuff. And your assessment on fast and furious and whatnot is just pulled right out of your arse... or the arse of Limbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom