• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison [W:369]

Re: Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison

I hope Trump pardons him and who cares if he obstructed congress. I don't think of dems as an illegitimate party anymore anyways.

Which part, and please explain.

Warning. Don't even go there, Jred. You'll be taken down a rabbit-hole of bizarre right-wing conspiracies, right-wing propaganda, obfuscation, half-truths and general nuttery that will blow your mind.

Just sayin'.

Which part, and please explain.

The part where a Trumpy "innocent until proven guilty" invents insane bs and claims Clinton is guilty of crimes she was never indicted for let alone convicted of.

The part where you lie to be a cheerleader for Trump.

I hope Trump pardons him and who cares if he obstructed congress. I don't think of dems as an illegitimate party anymore anyways.

Says the "moderate" bradt99. :mrgreen:

You "don't think of dems as an illegitimate party anymore"? Does that mean you think of them as a legitimate party then?

Says the "moderate" bradt99. :mrgreen:

Well at least he's honest. He doesn't care about obstruction of congress, covering up for Trump, or witness tampering. Corruption is OK in his book.

Well at least he's honest. He doesn't care about obstruction of congress, covering up for Trump, or witness tampering. Corruption is OK in his book.

GOP motto: "Party before country."

Roger Stone receives three years and four months in federal prison as a first offender. However, Judge Amy Berman Jackson has delayed the implementation of the sentence until she takes up the issues with a biased jury foreperson, and request for a new trial

Judge Jackson also keeps the blanket gag order on Roger Stone which stops him from discussing, highlighting or complaining about any issue related to his prosecution and trial.

Roger Stone Gets 40 Month Prison Sentence… | The Last Refuge

I thought somewhere between 4-5 years. I was a tad high.

I'll have to read the sentencing rationale of Judge Berman.

Here is the breakdown....

40 months on count one
12 months on each of counts two through six, but concurrent
18 months on count seven, concurrent
24 months of supervised release
$20,000 fine

The trial is over so why are his 1st amendment rights suspended now? Something is not right here.

Live updates: Roger Stone sentenced - CNNPolitics

Mid range, now when will Trump pardon him?

I think Trump probably will, knowing his behavior at any rate. If not, Stone will buy protection and have to at least eighteen months. That’ll be an interesting reality show if Trump’s got nuthin better to do...

The trial is over so why are his 1st amendment rights suspended now? Something is not right here.

Didn't you state that the sentencing was postponed while the investigate biased jury and a call for a new trial? So it doesn't seem like it would be completely finished until that's been concluded, yes?

Judge Berman said his age could not be a mitigating factor because Stone has been traveling extensively during the trial. Some Judge Berman sentencing comments.....

“Stone lied about a matter of “great national” and “international significance”. It was not just “campaign hijinks.”

“This effort to obstruct investigation was deliberate, planned, not on isolated incident, and conducted over a considerable amount of time.”

“He was not prosecuted, as some have complained, for standing up for the President, he was prosecuted for covering up for the President.”

Thankfully, chances are that stone will receive a commutation or pardon by December of this year. Till then, in one form or another, he is a political prisoner of a system gone ape**** over Trump and his minions "bad attitude" towards the faux virtuecrats in the establishment.

I'm not so sure about that. Trumpeteers don't care what Trump does, they'll always support his actions.

True enough.
However, I would like to think a Trump pardon would galvanize the opposition.
Turnout will matter in November.

He will be filing a motion for a new trial. Also, the prosecution will be asked if they knew about the jury foreperson’s serious prejudice against Stone and Trump. In addition, he was sentenced in like November yet his gag order was left in place, denying him his post conviction rights of free speech. The judge has to account for that. What is she afraid of? Stone speaking?
The original prosecution attorneys must represent again to the court.

There is a lot to sift through for a new trial motion. I suspect he will be free pending appeal, if not then Trump will pardon him.

The judge said earlier this week he'd be free during appeals.

7 felonies -he got off light

Other liars that got of lighter... Comey, McCabe... Stone's sentence doesn't look so light compared to them. Well, they may not be out of the woods yet.

The double negative is kind of fitting for that comment. Nice job.

Judge Berman said his age could not be a mitigating factor because Stone has been traveling extensively during the trial. Some Judge Berman sentencing comments.....

“Stone lied about a matter of “great national” and “international significance”. It was not just “campaign hijinks.”

“This effort to obstruct investigation was deliberate, planned, not on isolated incident, and conducted over a considerable amount of time.”

“He was not prosecuted, as some have complained, for standing up for the President, he was prosecuted for covering up for the President.”

Trump didn't break any laws, so there was nothing to cover up.

Other liars that got of lighter... Comey, McCabe... Stone's sentence doesn't look so light compared to them. Well, they may not be out of the woods yet.

No charges, no guilty verdict, oh yes, they must be guilty.

Meanwhile Billy Bob with these continuous investigations, after finding squat keeps Trump happy by having more

He's arguing for a NEW trial.

I think Trump probably will, knowing his behavior at any rate. If not, Stone will buy protection and have to at least eighteen months. That’ll be an interesting reality show if Trump’s got nuthin better to do...

Oh Trump will pardon Stone but will it happen before or after the election?

Trump didn't break any laws, so there was nothing to cover up.

Well Stone committed 7 felonies for no reason then. Not so smart of him.

Well Stone committed 7 felonies for no reason then. Not so smart of him.

According to politically biased investigators and jury. Because of that, I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom