• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Robert Reich: Obama-Hillary 2012

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Robert Reich: Obama-Hillary 2012 - Yahoo! News

Take it for what it is worth, and I remain entirely unconvinced it will happen, but it is interesting to talk about.

In the 2012 presidential election, the Republican candidate will likely face the long-rumored, Obama-Hillary super ticket, predicts longtime political guru and Bill Clinton administration veteran Robert Reich.

“Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden swap places,” Reich wrote in Business Insider on Wednesday. “Biden becomes secretary of state — a position he’s apparently coveted for years. And Hillary Clinton, vice president. ”

Insisting that his prediction is not based on any “inside information,” Reich wrote that such a move would be “because [President Barack] Obama needs to stir the passions and enthusiasms of a Democratic base that’s been disillusioned with his cave-ins to regressive Republicans. Hillary Clinton on the ticket can do that.”

If it where to happen, would it excite the democratic base? I kinda think so, Hilary Clinton is well loved by many democrats, myself included. Is it likely to happen? I kinda doubt it, since it smells alot like desperation, and would be seen as a repudiation of Biden, which I don't think Obama wants to do. I would love to see it though, with the potential for 16 years of Democratic control in the White House a nice thought.

I'm voting for Dennis. On top of that I loath political dynasties. More of the same is not the answer.

Adding Hillary as the VP candidate would virtually guarantee Obama's re-election because Hillary would not cave-in to those who have pretty much stopped Congress from working since 2010. If Obama runs with Biden again, how I vote will depend on who the GOP runs. Obama / Biden isn't a good enough ticket to get my vote without question. Obama / Hillary is a ticket that would.

Hillary has made it pretty clear that she's out after this term, but I think it would be a big boost to Obama if it happened.

Hillary has made it pretty clear that she's out after this term, but I think it would be a big boost to Obama if it happened.

Wouldn't it be, though?

Every time she's been asked, though, Clinton has roared with laughter.

I read the article earlier today. I strongly suspect Reich was asked to write this.

For my two cents, it is a superb idea.

Hey look It's Robert Reichhhhhhhh! :lol:

Didnt we alread discuss this a while back? I totally expect Biden to get ill sometime around 2013-2014 (I dont think he needs Hillary on the ticket and kinda doubt she would run with him) and Hillary would take his place...they would keep their distance for his remaining term, and she would be a likely shoe-in for 2016.

Honestly, I would have much rather it be Clinton-Obama to Obama-Clinton.

My dream ticket has always been Amidala-Organa. But I dunno if that's happening.

It wouldn't do well. All the Star Wars fanboys would be too busy pleasuring their lightsabers to remember to vote.

Obama isn't getting re-elected, so it's irrelevant.

Obama isn't getting re-elected, so it's irrelevant.

Intrade has him at a 52.2 % chance of re-election. Saying he won't 11 months before the election is just stupid.

Take it for what it is worth, and I remain entirely unconvinced it will happen, but it is interesting to talk about.

If it where to happen, would it excite the democratic base? I kinda think so, Hilary Clinton is well loved by many democrats, myself included. Is it likely to happen? I kinda doubt it, since it smells alot like desperation, and would be seen as a repudiation of Biden, which I don't think Obama wants to do. I would love to see it though, with the potential for 16 years of Democratic control in the White House a nice thought.

In your wildest imagination do you really think Hillary wants to be the VP? Give me a break........

How do you know she doesn't? She said she didn't really want to be SecState...until she did.

She would never accept the second spot to Obama when she could kick his azzin and election......

She would never accept the second spot to Obama when she could kick his azzin and election......

After accepting this position, she could like herself up for a 4 year run. TA-DA!

Both those egos on the same ticket...a recipe for disaster, so I hope it happens, however neither would agree to be on the bottom of the other (no pun intended).

Biden will not be replaced. He is doing a lot of the work behind the scenes that we do not see.

Hillary has made it clear she will never run again in Politics and will not serve but 4 years as SOS.

I think she has decided to get out and enjoy the years she has remaining.

I think it will be a real possibility if Obama starts polling 8 points or more behind regularly. Or if there is another economic meltdown. Otherwise, very unlikely.

You do realize that she took 4th place to Obama and lost to him in the primaries... correct?

This ship sailed in June 2008 when the Dems decided to make the utterly unqualified, blank slate their nominee. Hillary would have been 100x better as president. Instead were in the midst of a leadership vacuum by an amatuer thats looks like a deer in headlights as he moves from one crisis to the next. Its not too much to ask for even a modicum of competence.

Can anyone really imagine Hillary being Obama's bitch? Hahahahahaha :lamo

NOT

Back
Top Bottom