• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Revelation...

It is symbolic, yes...but represents much more than the inner self...

Naturally things going on on the inner level will manifest in the outer.

I like when it describes the New Jerusalem it says all the seas have dried up, is this in a long time, did we get hit with a comet or did we go like Venus?

Naturally things going on on the inner level will manifest in the outer.

I like when it describes the New Jerusalem it says all the seas have dried up, is this in a long time, did we get hit with a comet or did we go like Venus?

Again, the language is symbolic...

Ecclesiastes 1:4 says...

"A generation is going, and a generation is coming,
But the earth remains forever."

And Psalm 104:5 says...

"He has established the earth on its foundations;
It will not be moved from its place forever and ever."

So the earth is not going anywhere...

I'm not sure which scripture you're thinking of when you said "the seas will dry up" but 'seas' or 'waters' is oftentimes used to represent people in the Bible...John even brings this out in Revelation 17:15...

"He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues."

John says in Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more." meaning the turbulent masses of people alienated from God, would be no more...

Jesus made a believer out of me in Nov of 1973. At least 4 groups (RC, JehWit, SDA and LDS) claimed to be the "one true Church."
Obviously something was wrong with organized religion. I determined to read the NT and let it determine my beliefs. .... and in a month or so I came to:

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His servants things which must soon take place.
......"Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written in it, for the time is near. Revelation 1:1-3

I noticed the Rev is addressed to Jesus's "servants". I determined to aspire to become a servant of Jesus.

I determined to find and get whatever blessing the Revelation explicitly promised. As I read the Revelation, I was looking for the blessing.

I found it. What I found has been blessing me for over 40 years. All who aspire to become servants of Jesus have or will find the blessing.
The blessing of seeing visible, verifiable confirmation of the truth of Jesus and the NT. Visible and verifiable.

Plus the Revelation enables the servant of Jesus to see a future event that has puzzled the world (especially the English speaking "Western Civ" world) for some 50 years.

The best way to understand the Book of Revelation is to understand the genre of Jewish apocalyptic literature and beliefs during the Antiquity. Then you can understand the reality of symbols like the Beast, Babylon, the iron sceptre, etc. Someone who said that the Book of Revelation is about the inner struggle was completely off the mark. Apocalyptic literature is actually to be understood in the geopolitical and social context in which it is being written. It reflects the thinking of forces of traditionalism in a world dominated by foreign, alien power that is transforming its society. Go back to when Alexander conquered much of the world, and through that Hellenism spread. Traditionalist Jews knew that Hellenism was a threat to their way of life based on the Torah and Mosaic law, and thus a threat to their national aspirations and identity. When the foreign power, embodied in Antiochus “Epiphanes” was ruling over them the menace of Hellenism was at its height, especially now that it was coupled with repression and desecration of what monotheistic Judaism holds sacred. There were a variety of responses to the new reality. Some Jews themselves embraced Hellenism and became the Hellenized Jews, while others took the militant approach (such as the Maccabees), but there was yet another faction of apocalypticists (for example the author of the Book of Daniel) who were convinced there would be a divine intervention. For them the foreign civilization that they had been subjected to could be symbolized by a ferocious beast, and the various tyrannical kings and emperors symbolized by its horns. They would invoke past foreign civilizations like Babylon to describe the current ones, like the Greeks for the author of Book and Daniel, and the Romans for the author of Book of Revelation.

Now central to the Jewish apocalyptic theme is that of the Messiah, this noble charismatic figure who will restore the ancient glory of the Israelite kingdom remnicient of Kings David and Solomon. Christianity completely altered the essence of this figure into being someone who atones for the sins of mankind by sacrificing his own life, in order to accommodate the apparent “failure” of Jesus of Nazareth in fulfilling the Messianic role in its original conception. The Book of Revelation was a sort of counter to this strange “spiritualization” of the Messianic figure, by emphasizing the idea of the second advent of the Messiah to do what apocalyptic Jews want him to do, i.e., smash the foreign nations to pieces like the breaking of pottery with an iron sceptre (a very significant theme in the Book of Revelation), and establishing a Heavenly kingdom here on Earth.

Another significant symbol in the Book of Revelation points to an illegitimate economic system imposed on the people. This is what is called the “Mark of the Beast”, that in order to participate in the imposed but defiling economic system, i.e., to buy and sell, one has to receive this mysterious mark. Apocalypticists knew the insidious nature of such imposed economic systems which compel the nation to remain subjugated to the foreign power economically and therefore politically, culturally, socially and even spiritually.

The symbol of the false prophet represents counterfeit religion, which while retaining the outer form of religion, i.e., the rituals, has lost its dynamic narrative and essence. The false prophet is the aspect of the new order imposed by the foreign power on Israel which seeks to legitimize the new order from the religious angle. This is embodied by the compromised priests, rabbis and other religious leaders of the community which the apocalypticists seek to oppose and disassociate themselves from. The religious leaders of the apocalypticists are radical voices that operate on the margins of society, prophets in the wilderness (such as John the Baptist) while the “false prophet” that seeks to prop up the order of the Beast are the elite religious leaders and priests in Jerusalem that collaborate with the foreign power (such as the Sadducees and Herodians).

The following is a correlation of some of the Revelations descriptions, and unique fulfillment found in well known facts re: the Vatican.

From chapters 17 & 18 …. IFO = IN FULFILLMENT OF

Rev 17:2 '.....with whom the kings of the earth committed immorality....'.
IFO 17:2 - Immoral ties of the Vatican with earthly rulers are presently and historically verifiable.

Rev 17:4 '.....and the woman was clothed in purple and scarlet...'.
IFO 17:4 - Find a picture of the Cardinals in full costume.

Rev 17:5 '.....Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots....'.
IFO 17:5 - The Vatican calls herself the 'mother' 'church' because the denominations came out of her.
The denominations share her perversion.

Rev 17:6 '.....drunk with the blood of saints...'.
IFO 17:6 - Study the inquisitions. A policy of murder & torture of real people, carried out openly over centuries.

Inspired and directed by men who claim to be the unique and direct representatives of Jesus Christ.

Rev 17:9 '.....seven hills on which the woman sits....'.
IFO 17:9 - Rome is uniquely famous for its seven hills.

NO OTHER city nearly as famously nicknamed “city of 7 hills” as Rome has been since before NT was written.

For centuries the consensus of Roman Catholic and non-RC commentators was that Rome was the Revelation "city of 7 hills" ... just RC commentators claimed it meant pre-Papal Rome. [many still claim this]

Naturally with a billion Papist in the world, the truth regarding the Great Whore is oft disputed and RCs are happy to claim the “city of 7 hills” is any city other than Rome.

Rev 17:15 '.....The waters which you saw where the woman sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues....'.
IFO 17:15 - The worldwide influence of the Vatican is obvious.

Rev 17:18 '.....and the woman you saw is the great city which reigns over the kings of the earth...'.
IFO 17:18 -The popes long ruled openly over the kings of the known world. Every king knew that if he bucked the papacy, then the pope would - could - did encourage the citizens to revolt. This principle is still in practice today.

Rev 18:4 '.....voice from heaven saying: Come out of her MY people...'.
IFO 18:4 - Some R.C.'s belong to Jesus and will come out.

[they will also come out of the denominations]
This is happening now, and has happened before.

Rev 18:12-19 ....describes the great wealth of the great whore.
IFO 18:12-19- Vatican's financial assets [open & hidden] are enormous.

The Revelation says there is a great whore in the city of 7 hills.
Lo and behold, there is.

Most commentators place the writing of the Revelation at around 90AD, well before the Vatican existed.

This visible and verifiable fulfillment is God-given evidence confirming the truth of Jesus Christ.
"Come out of her MY people..." [Rev.18:4]

Seeing the fulfillment is a faith strengthening blessing.
Being in denial is not.

Seeing the Vatican for what it is in the sight of Jesus sheds great light on past, present and future.

SLINGING SEEDS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_church_of_the_Roman_Empire

The identification of the Catholic Church with the Whore of Babylon, the Pope with the Antichrist or False Prophet is certainly interesting. This is due in large part to the fact that the Roman church inherited the legacy of the Roman empire and is a vestige of that empire. I am certainly inclined to the view that the Catholic church represents counterfeit religion, especially considering how the Church doesn’t like apocalypticism, doesn’t like being challenged by religious reformers speaking with a prophetic voice, and instead reacts to such figures by branding them as heretics. The pomp and icon-veneration that has come to define the Church is certainly going against the spirit of apocalyptic Jewish messianism, of which the historic Jesus of Nazareth was a preacher of. The fact that the Church is so powerful like a transnational corporation, that it wields so much political influence and is so mainstream…it is so radically different than genuine religion which is usually on the margins. The Catholic Church is so opposite to what the original Jesus movement was.

The identification of the Catholic Church with the Whore of Babylon, the Pope with the Antichrist or False Prophet is certainly interesting. This is due in large part to the fact that the Roman church inherited the legacy of the Roman empire and is a vestige of that empire. I am certainly inclined to the view that the Catholic church represents counterfeit religion, especially considering how the Church doesn’t like apocalypticism, doesn’t like being challenged by religious reformers speaking with a prophetic voice, and instead reacts to such figures by branding them as heretics. The pomp and icon-veneration that has come to define the Church is certainly going against the spirit of apocalyptic Jewish messianism, of which the historic Jesus of Nazareth was a preacher of. The fact that the Church is so powerful like a transnational corporation, that it wields so much political influence and is so mainstream…it is so radically different than genuine religion which is usually on the margins. The Catholic Church is so opposite to what the original Jesus movement was.

What was the "original Jesus movement"?

An apocalyptic Jewish movement with none of the theological trappings and doctrines of so-called “orthodox” Christianity.

Who were its leaders/notables?

And so you're saying that His apostles didn't support His doctrine and went rogue?

No, only the pretender and fake apostle Paul of Tarsus, who admitted that he was going against Jesus’s disciples, such as at the Incident of Antioch where he said “When Peter came to Antioch I opposed him to his face”

In the Gospel accounts themselves interestingly Jesus himself was harsh to his “disciples”, even called Peter as “Satan”. One of his own disciples (Judas Iscariot) betrayed him, and the rest fled and abandoned him at his hour of need. Jesus often complained and grumbled about his disciples, for example when he told them to guard him while he was praying at Gethsemane, they kept falling asleep and Jesus complained “couldn’t you keep watch for even a single hour?” Then when Judas came with the guards to arrest Jesus, he (Jesus) said: “Are you (disciples) still sleeping and resting?!”

No, only the pretender and fake apostle Paul of Tarsus, who admitted that he was going against Jesus’s disciples, such as at the Incident of Antioch where he said “When Peter came to Antioch I opposed him to his face”

In the Gospel accounts themselves interestingly Jesus himself was harsh to his “disciples”, even called Peter as “Satan”. One of his own disciples (Judas Iscariot) betrayed him, and the rest fled and abandoned him at his hour of need. Jesus often complained and grumbled about his disciples, for example when he told them to guard him while he was praying at Gethsemane, they kept falling asleep and Jesus complained “couldn’t you keep watch for even a single hour?” Then when Judas came with the guards to arrest Jesus, he (Jesus) said: “Are you (disciples) still sleeping and resting?!”

You're missing the "after" part of "before and after."

You're missing the "after" part of "before and after."

Don’t know what you’re referring to.

Anyways coming back to Paul, as you know he is a very shady character, responsible for inciting the martyrdom of Stephen who was stoned to death. Then suddenly he claims to have seen a vision of Jesus on the road to Damascus and decides to start preaching the Gospel. Interestingly, Paul himself said that the devil can appear as an Angel of Light (2 Cor. 11:14).

But Paul never learned anything from the actual Disciples of Jesus, in fact he started opposing them for preaching circumcision and adherence to the Mosaic Law. This was Paul’s greatest deviation from the original message of Jesus. Jesus movement was a purely Jewish movement not meant for Gentiles. Jesus emphatically stated that his followers are to observe the Mosaic Law, even more zealously than the Pharisees. Jesus never taught the latter introduced doctrines of trinity, divine incarnation, original sin, and his having to die to atone for that original sin. Historically, neither did Jesus’s actual disciples ever teach such bizarre doctrines. But Paul preached a Gospel that considered the Mosaic Law a “curse” which Jesus had abolished once and for all, in order to gain followers among the Gentiles. So no offense intended, but I definitely believe that Paul was a false teacher who infiltrated the Jesus movement and ended up corrupting it.

Don’t know what you’re referring to.

Sure you do. Don't dissemble. The same disciples who couldn't stay awake in the Garden, including the one who denied knowing Jesus thrice, were forever changed by the Resurrection.

Sure you do. Don't dissemble. The same disciples who couldn't stay awake in the Garden, including the one who denied knowing Jesus thrice, were forever changed by the Resurrection.

The resurrection is another fabrication.

Besides if you consider Paul an authoritative "Apostle" he had very different idea about how Jesus was resurrected as compared to the canonical Gospel accounts. Paul wrote that resurrection isn’t with the Earthly flesh and blood body, but with a pneumatic body (an incorruptible spirit body) (read all of 1 Corinthians chapter 15 verses 35 to 52), whereas the Gospel accounts state that Jesus still bore the wounds and imprints of the crucifixion on his body, and that he insisted he was not a spirit, and even ate a piece of fish and some honeycomb to drive home that point. But of course the Gospel accounts regarding the Resurrection are so contradictory and full of holes which is why more serious and credible historians and scholars dismiss it altogether as fabricated mythology.

If you haven't had your Hebrew learning then Revelation is probably the last book one should venture into.

Lets start at the beginning.
Revelations 1:11…saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and,

“What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to

Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden

lampstands (menorahs)

Now if you don't even comprehend the symbolism in the menorah in the first chapter then you should probably seek some Hebrew learning or do further studies in the Old Covenant. You do not get this type of study just attending church services for they are full of milk for newbies and Revelation takes the level of meat to even begin to understand.

Lampstand – Menorah (Symbolism of Construction) –Read Exodus 25:31-40

•7 Lamps – (7 = Fullness or Perfection)

•6 Branches – (6= Man, Flesh, Works)

•3 Branches on each side – (3 = Perfect Unity)

•1 Shaft (Central Vine) – (1 = Oneness, Lordship)

Now follow that up with Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree,

were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the

olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not

support the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off

that I might be grafted in.“

The author of the book of Revelation was the Apostle John, the youngest of the original 12. One of the last students for John to mentor was Polycarp today recognized by the Eastern Orthodox, Catholic, Anglicans and Lutherans as a Church Father. He is my favorite Church father.He became bishop of Smyrna (in modern Izmir in Turkey) with the Apostle John's blessing. But all the churches mentioned in Revelation got their Hebrew learning. Everything was taught from the Old Covenant early on which made the Gospels penned and the Epistles shared come alive. They did not practice commemorating the crucifixion, death and resurrection after a pagan goddess called Estra (Easter) that came later even much later in Polycarp's life when he held fast to Passover and the Jewish Calendar as the appropriate time for the event to be recognized. And in his later years of his life, he tried to settle disputes about the date to celebrate 'Easter''s which he vehemently opposed Rome's Bishop in changing the date and name. He also confronted one of the church's most troublesome heretics, the Gnostic Marcion, calling him "the first born of Satan," when he ran into him in Rome. Polycarp was also responsible for converting many from Gnosticism which had become a real problem especially in Rome. The Roman government tried to burn him at the stake just like they so often did in Nero's gardens using Chritians as torches to light his gardens at night. But he did not burn. The flames would not touch him. It took a stake through the heart to finish the 80 some year old man off.

He was so successful in converting many for Gnosticism that the Roman government at the time found him a threat so he was on their "list".

My point of this post is how important it is to get your Hebrew learning for without it a Christian is looking at half of a completed painting.

The 7 churches in John's vision all had their Hebrew learning and when they read this they understood. Polycarp understood. Today many do not.

Last edited:
............. What do you think the beast represents? ..............

I trust answering your question is deemed on topic.

The following verses are singled out of the Revelation to make this point:

The beast is a Satan powered king [therefore a man], who has had a terrible head wound, has disappeared, and will publicly reappear, and amaze the world.

Revelation chapter 13
13v1'....I saw a beast coming out of the sea...'
13v2'. ...dragon gave him his power...'
13V3'... .and I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed.....'
13v7'....authority over every tribe and people. ....... was given him....
13V12'...and he [beast from earth] makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life....'

Revelation chapter 17
17v3'. ..and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having 7 heads and 10 horns.....'
17v8'....the beast that you saw was and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and to go to destruction.
And those who dwell on the earth will wonder,
whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast
that he WAS and IS NOT and WILL COME ....'

17v11'...and the beast that was and is not, is himself also an eighth [king] and is one of the seven...'

Based on detailed, unique, visible, verifiable prophecy/Revelation fulfillment, I assert/declare that the Vatican is the great whore of the Revelation,
Therefore I further assert the beast is Roman Catholic.

Can you think of a world famous Roman Catholic who has had a world famous terrible head wound under extremely mysterious circumstances?

I predict/prophecy in Jesus name that John F. Kennedy will publicly reappear, amaze the world, take world power, and is in fact the beast of the Revelation.

This fulfillment will confirm the truth of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
This fulfillment will confirm the truth of Jesus Christ the living Lord & Savior.

KISSINGER and 666

Note there are two beasts of Revelation 13.
One from the sea.The other from the land. One is a Gentile. The other is a Jew.

English is the world's single most widespread language:
A= 1 x 6 = 6, B = 2 x 6 = 12, C = 3 x 6 = 18, D = 4 x 6 = 24, E = 5 x 6 = 30, etc.

K= 66
I= 54
S= 114
S= 114
I = 54
N= 84
G= 42
E= 30
R= 108
+ 666

Kissinger's name equates to '666' by a simple formula.
Kissinger is Jewish
Kissinger is Papal adviser and premier "world statesman'
Kissinger documented evil NWOrder leader

So: Re- Vatican, JFK, and KISSINGER
The question becomes-
Would Jesus Christ allow such literal fulfillment to occur coincidentally?
I say NO, Jesus would not.

Therefore I am COMPELLED to believe that it is prophecy fulfillment in progress.
The confirmation of my contention will be the public and literal reappearance of JFK who will take world power with Kissinger at his side.
I urge anyone to personally study and heed the entire Revelation.
Early in the Revelation of Jesus Christ, God promises to bless anyone who reads or hears the Revelation and heeds it.
'...for the time is near'...'
'....and the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast...'
wait and see....
Call on Jesus Read and HEED His Revelation!
The Lord once said, 'Surely, just as I have intended, so it has happened, and just as I have planned, so it will stand......'
Isaiah 14:24

SLINGING SEEDS
JFK: Sexual sociopath and political faker

Well I certainly don't believe the Bible holds hidden codes...

Someone was coming down from a heavy shroom trip when he collated Revelations.

The resurrection is another fabrication.

Not in a million years. Have you ever read "The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by scholar Gary Habermas? "The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel?

Besides if you consider Paul an authoritative "Apostle" he had very different idea about how Jesus was resurrected as compared to the canonical Gospel accounts. Paul wrote that resurrection isn’t with the Earthly flesh and blood body, but with a pneumatic body (an incorruptible spirit body) (read all of 1 Corinthians chapter 15 verses 35 to 52), whereas the Gospel accounts state that Jesus still bore the wounds and imprints of the crucifixion on his body, and that he insisted he was not a spirit, and even ate a piece of fish and some honeycomb to drive home that point.

You're talking about two different things - the Resurrection of God / Jesus, who deliberately kept the marks of the crucifixion as evidence of who he was and what he went through, and the resurrection of man.

But of course the Gospel accounts regarding the Resurrection are so contradictory and full of holes which is why more serious and credible historians and scholars dismiss it altogether as fabricated mythology.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Nonsense. When you put the accounts on a timeline the alleged 'contradictions' disappear.

However, give me your best ONE (1 - JUST 1) so-called resurrection contradiction and I'll take a look at it. Please include scripture references and the gist of your allegation that it's a contradiction.

I trust answering your question is deemed on topic.

The following verses are singled out of the Revelation to make this point:

The beast is a Satan powered king [therefore a man], who has had a terrible head wound, has disappeared, and will publicly reappear, and amaze the world.

Revelation chapter 13
13v1'....I saw a beast coming out of the sea...'
13v2'. ...dragon gave him his power...'
13V3'... .and I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed.....'
13v7'....authority over every tribe and people. ....... was given him....
13V12'...and he [beast from earth] makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life....'

Revelation chapter 17
17v3'. ..and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast, full of blasphemous names, having 7 heads and 10 horns.....'
17v8'....the beast that you saw was and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and to go to destruction.
And those who dwell on the earth will wonder,
whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast
that he WAS and IS NOT and WILL COME ....'

17v11'...and the beast that was and is not, is himself also an eighth [king] and is one of the seven...'

Based on detailed, unique, visible, verifiable prophecy/Revelation fulfillment, I assert/declare that the Vatican is the great whore of the Revelation,
Therefore I further assert the beast is Roman Catholic.

Can you think of a world famous Roman Catholic who has had a world famous terrible head wound under extremely mysterious circumstances?

I predict/prophecy in Jesus name that John F. Kennedy will publicly reappear, amaze the world, take world power, and is in fact the beast of the Revelation.

This fulfillment will confirm the truth of the Revelation of Jesus Christ.
This fulfillment will confirm the truth of Jesus Christ the living Lord & Savior.

KISSINGER and 666

Note there are two beasts of Revelation 13.
One from the sea.The other from the land. One is a Gentile. The other is a Jew.

English is the world's single most widespread language:
A= 1 x 6 = 6, B = 2 x 6 = 12, C = 3 x 6 = 18, D = 4 x 6 = 24, E = 5 x 6 = 30, etc.

K= 66
I= 54
S= 114
S= 114
I = 54
N= 84
G= 42
E= 30
R= 108
+ 666

Kissinger's name equates to '666' by a simple formula.
Kissinger is Jewish
Kissinger is Papal adviser and premier "world statesman'
Kissinger documented evil NWOrder leader

So: Re- Vatican, JFK, and KISSINGER
The question becomes-
Would Jesus Christ allow such literal fulfillment to occur coincidentally?
I say NO, Jesus would not.

Therefore I am COMPELLED to believe that it is prophecy fulfillment in progress.
The confirmation of my contention will be the public and literal reappearance of JFK who will take world power with Kissinger at his side.
I urge anyone to personally study and heed the entire Revelation.
Early in the Revelation of Jesus Christ, God promises to bless anyone who reads or hears the Revelation and heeds it.
'...for the time is near'...'
'....and the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast...'
wait and see....
Call on Jesus Read and HEED His Revelation!
The Lord once said, 'Surely, just as I have intended, so it has happened, and just as I have planned, so it will stand......'
Isaiah 14:24

SLINGING SEEDS
JFK: Sexual sociopath and political faker

The number of the beast is 616.
Revelation! 666 is not the number of the beast (it's a devilish 616) | The Independent

Not in a million years. Have you ever read "The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by scholar Gary Habermas? "The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel?

You're talking about two different things - the Resurrection of God / Jesus, who deliberately kept the marks of the crucifixion as evidence of who he was and what he went through, and the resurrection of man.

Paul gives Jesus as the preeminent example of the resurrection of man into a spirit body, so you argument is dashed right there. Go back and read the passage I cited from Paul (1 Corinthians chapter 15) and you will see that he gives the example of Jesus ("the last Adam") as being made into a spirit, and that flesh and blood is corrupt and cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Nonsense. When you put the accounts on a timeline the alleged 'contradictions' disappear.
However, give me your best ONE (1 - JUST 1) so-called resurrection contradiction and I'll take a look at it. Please include scripture references and the gist of your allegation that it's a contradiction.

Simple, how many women came to the tomb and discovered that Jesus had supposedly risen?

Matthew 28:1 says that Mary Magdalene and "the other Mary" came to the tomb. They see an Angel who informs them what happened and they go straight to the disciples and Jesus appears to the disciples

Mark 16:1 says it was Mary Magdalene, "Mary mother of James" and Salome (three people instead of two)

Luke 24 changes more details, because it says there were 2 angels instead of 1, and the three women were Mary Magdalane, Mary mother of James, Joanna and "other women"

John 20:1 says it was only Mary Magdalene and no other woman who discovered the empty tomb. It also says that Mary Magdalene met Jesus at the tomb whereas all other accounts say that Jesus didn't appear at the tomb but came to the disciples at Galilee. "And, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him" (Matthew 28:7)

There are loads of other contradictions, but since you said to pick only one... I'd like to see what kind of mental gymnastics you have to pull off to resolve these inconsistencies.

Back
Top Bottom