• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Block Subpoenas for New Evidence as Impeachment Trial Begins

Really?! You're going to dispute her testimony? On what basis?
Because of what she said.
Ambassador Yovanovitch: Well, one thing, just to remind, as I said in my opening statement, which you now have, I was not present at that time, but I can tell you what I understand to be the case".

Ambassador Yovanovitch: Well, one thing, just to remind, as I said in my opening statement, which you now have, I was not present at that time, but I can tell you what I understand to be the case".

So you're more knowledgeable about the Ukraine than the former Ambassador to the Ukraine?

I mean, hell, even Steve Castor acknowledges her subject expertise:

Q. And was he, in your experience - because you're very knowledgeable about the region, so when I ask you in your opinion, you have a very informed opinion - was Lutsenko better or worse than Shokin?

But you totally ignored that part, didn't you? Same thing for Kent's testimony. Why is that?

But... but... but...

That's all the evidence these people need, along with their confirmation bias.

So you're more knowledgeable about the Ukraine than the former Ambassador to the Ukraine?

I mean, hell, even Steve Castor acknowledges her subject expertise:

Q. And was he, in your experience - because you're very knowledgeable about the region, so when I ask you in your opinion, you have a very informed opinion - was Lutsenko better or worse than Shokin?

But you totally ignored that part, didn't you? Same thing for Kent's testimony. Why is that?
Because, like the former Ambassador Yovanovitch, I wasn't there either.

Because, like the former Ambassador Yovanovitch, I wasn't there either.

She may not have been in Kiev, but that doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the matter... ironically, at the time she had the job George Kent has now - Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs. I'd say that's a pretty good vantage point. She was nominated for the Ambassador spot just a few weeks after Shokin was dismissed.

George Kent was in Kiev, though... at the time of Shokin's dismissal he was Deputy Chief of Mission to Ukraine.

Want to try again?

She may not have been in Kiev, but that doesn't mean she wasn't involved in the matter... ironically, at the time she had the job George Kent has now - Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs. I'd say that's a pretty good vantage point. She was nominated for the Ambassador spot just a few weeks after Shokin was dismissed.

George Kent was in Kiev, though... at the time of Shokin's dismissal he was Deputy Chief of Mission to Ukraine.

Want to try again?
No, I think we've discussed the non-present Ambassador enough.

Back
Top Bottom