• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republican Attacks on Mueller and F.B.I. Open New Rift in G.O.P.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/politics/conservatives-mueller-fbi-republicans-trump.html

NYTimes - Republican Attacks on Mueller and F.B.I. Open New Rift in G.O.P.

The Democrats have a long way to go before they will get love the law enforcement community at large. The damage they did in vilifying cops as racists murderers will not be forgotten for a very long time. However, with Trump and his allies in Congress constantly assaulting the DOJ and FBI as incompetent and corrupt, all Democratic lawmakers need to do is sit back, verbally support federal law enforcement, and vote for the DOJ budget request and the Republicans will find themselves out of the circle in years to come.

Just exactly what did the Democrats do, in toto, in "vilifying cops as racists murderers".?

Just exactly what did the Democrats do, in toto, in "vilifying cops as racists murderers".?

Let's see if you can show that is true, without resorting to unthinking rhetoric and confirmation bias.

They leveraged BLM and The Mothers of the Movement to further a false narrative about excessive, racially motivated killings of black men by white police officers. BLM and TMotM were paraded around the country by the DNC. Hillary and her supporters (to include President Obama) politicized police shootings of black people to pander to minorities. Even though, statistically there is no evidence of heavily disproportionate violent encounters based on race (as a percentage of the population/violent criminal acts) they still used raw numbers to make a very broad claim that minorities needed to protected from the police and the Dems were going to ride in and save them. I counted myself as a Democrat up until that **** happened. Between the heinous messaging of Donald Trump and his rabid fan base and the Dems ****ting all over law enforcement, I decided I was going to vote 3rd party and write in going forward.

No I'm not a racist, I'm a realist. I was a cop for 18 years. Are there racist cops? Sure. There are racists everywhere. Is there a legitimate problem with racism in law enforcement as it pertains to lethal encounters with blacks? No, there is not, and statistics prove it.

Let's see if you can show that is true, without resorting to unthinking rhetoric and confirmation bias.
You can start with obama saying the police acted stupidly before he even had all the facts

Hands up dont shoot was a blatant lie

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

You can start with obama saying the police acted stupidly before he even had all the facts

Hands up dont shoot was a blatant lie

I like Obama, but this **** pissed me off. He should have never injected himself in this issue. You are correct about "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was a absolute lie.

The President got behind this rallying cry because his popularity was sufficient to help push minorities to the polls and vote for Clinton. The real problem arose when protests turn violent. When the President takes sides, and he's on the side that resent the police and are rioting in the streets, then he is fueling the fires (no pun intended) and making things much worse. He should have worked diligently to calm the situation and offer support to the agencies who were trying to save their cities from burning. Instead he galvanized minorities in cities where anti-police sentiment was coursing through the streets. We all watched the rest of the story play out on television and social media.

I like Obama, but this **** pissed me off. He should have never injected himself in this issue. You are correct about "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was a absolute lie.

The President got behind this rallying cry because his popularity was sufficient to help push minorities to the polls and vote for Clinton. The real problem arose when protests turn violent. When the President takes sides, and he's on the side that resent the police and are rioting in the streets, then he is fueling the fires (no pun intended) and making things much worse. He should have worked diligently to calm the situation and offer support to the agencies who were trying to save their cities from burning. Instead he galvanized minorities in cities where anti-police sentiment was coursing through the streets. We all watched the rest of the story play out on television and social media.
Yeah i get what your saying but i was mainly adressing the poster who requested evidence that the left encourages anti police rhetoric. They were really only 2 of many.

They rioted in baltimore
Kapernick started the athem protest over it
Blm promotes the sentiment
The media sensatializes it every chance they gey

The idea that the left does not promote the narrative is silly.

What? You're not making any sense. Lerxst made the claim that Democrats have been "..vilifying cops as racists murderers...". I'm merely asking what facts he can show to support that claim. Quite normal in debate. I haven't even said anything that has to be shown as true. I only asked a question. Unthinking rhetoric? No, I want an answer. Confirmation bias? How does my asking for evidence not yet given go to confirmation bias? It's a reasonable question.

Bottom line here is that Repubs see a weakness in the investigation, and Demo's don't want the President to defend himself in any way, shape or form....What is truly sad here is how hard the Demo's are working to de legitimize, disenfranchise, and overturn the voters of America, in a fair election, just because they don't like the outcome of that election....These people are truly petty.

Somebody needs to press charges before he can do that.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Working on it. Well, the presidential equivalent. Actual "charges" are a Congressional process rather than the typical law enforcement process.

Bottom line here is that Repubs see a weakness in the investigation, and Demo's don't want the President to defend himself in any way, shape or form....What is truly sad here is how hard the Demo's are working to de legitimize, disenfranchise, and overturn the voters of America, in a fair election, just because they don't like the outcome of that election....These people are truly petty.

Trump can defend himself if he wants. These wild, pathetic attempts to attack Mueller are transparent and predictable.

Working on it. Well, the presidential equivalent. Actual "charges" are a Congressional process rather than the typical law enforcement process.
Your putting the cart before the horse. Press charges then trump can answer them in court

Your putting the cart before the horse. Press charges then trump can answer them in court

And until then he should shut his trap and let law enforcement do its job.

And until then he should shut his trap and let law enforcement do its job.
Stop attacking him and he probably would but until that happens he has exeryright to attack his enemies back.

When did the Republicans pay for and use fake information to convince a FISA Court to authorize wiretapping a Presidential candidate? You know...illegal stuff.

Well if you are referring to tbe dossier, it would be then...

Kinda backfired on them didn't it now?

Sorry...no. It wouldn't justify a FISA warrant. People from all over the US call and set up appointments with Russians. Hell, people have actually gone to other countries to talk directly to officials in those countries (Hillary people, for example). Do you think a FISA court is going to approve wiretapping on ALL of them?

Of course, maybe we would if the judge is working with crooked FBI people.

We just might find out something like that did occur.

Yes it would be was already under Investigation for money laundering.

And even if trump weasels out of campaign, traitor charges he will go.down for money laundering.

Stop attacking him and he probably would but until that happens he has exeryright to attack his enemies back.

Mueller is the guy would could exonerate him, not his enemy, and yet he still attacks him, the FBI, the DOJ, etc...

He's attacking the very people and institutions an innocent man would support.

This seems quite difficult for some people to comprehend.

Not really. He is the President of the United States. There is an expectation of civility that is realized by being above the fray. It is unfortunate that we elected a thin-skinned, narcissistic man-child that can't take the natural criticism that goes with the job with the patience and dignity that also goes with the job. His demeanor is yet more evidence he is not qualified for the job.

Mueller is the guy would could exonerate him, not his enemy, and yet he still attacks him, the FBI, the DOJ, etc...

.... quite understandable if knowing what Trump knows about this is a bigger threat to his presidency than his continued antics. The natural conclusion to all this is that the truth is a threat to Trump (of course, that is almost an axiom of liars).

This response by Trump and Co. is his M.O. He has made numerous enemies in life, many of whom ended up fighting him in court. As a narcissist his instinct is to attack anyone that he believes is critical of him. Clearly Mueller is a legitimate threat, along with the rest of the FBI and DOJ. His instinct is to attack. I believe he knows Mueller is going to find something and he is laying the groundwork for sending the Trumpling herd into action. Just like he did when he was unsure whether or not he would win the election. He engaged in the "everybody hates me and this election is rigged" strategy. Then when he won it was like, oh...well never mind. He's making an ass of himself, as are his minions, because they don't want Mueller getting close to Trump. Hence the great deal of stupidity you see play out in the White House and even here on this forum...Trumplings do as Trump does.

Law enforcement investigating crimes is not an attack.

Well, to us normal people anyway. To Trump, anyone failing to prostrate themselves before him is an "attack."

The thing is, the FBI is corrupt in many ways. Cash seizures underreported while agents pocket extra. Ditto drug seizures. Conducting unconstitutional investigations, sharing information with state police under-the-table so as to allow them to reconstruct the investigation in a lawful manner. Etc.

It's just not corrupt for the reasons Trump claims.

Well if you are referring to tbe dossier, it would be then...

Kinda backfired on them didn't it now?

???

I have no idea what you are talking about. Please clarify.

Yes it would be was already under Investigation for money laundering.

And even if trump weasels out of campaign, traitor charges he will go.down for money laundering.

Really? Who was/is investigating him for money laundering? Hmmm?

What if Mueller has a political axe to grind and a predetermined conclusion that he's only interested in proving, not disproving?

Back
Top Bottom