• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reported Polling Results Biased For Hillary?

Re: Reported Polliung Results Biased For Hillary?

Your opinion on Hillary's experience is noted. Can you show us Trump's experience governing or crafting laws? What about working to change laws? What about important political opinions of his which have been used by others to create laws? Actually, can you show us how Trump's life experience is relevant to being a public servant?

I can wait.

:)

Citizen statesmen is what our founders wanted in government. Not servants.

And what opinion of Hillary is now law?

Lol, there is no assumption. You've slowly come out of your shell and in support for the least experience GOP candidate to ever run.

Keep hiding your support. It's fun to watch you create thread after thread defending Trump.

To quote your own sig. 'Meh'.

You are mistaking anti-Hillary as pro-Trump, when in reality, the two are not the same thing, no matter how much you make believe so.

It's fun to watch the panicking left end of the political spectrum throwing up Trump attack thread after Trump attack thread, all the while quaking in their boots that Trump may pull it off.

I'm not exactly sure how different it actually is now. For sure social media has changed things, but I highly doubt that thirty-fourty years ago was just all policy. I like to listen to historical speeches, and love listening to speeches by past presidents. None of the speeches ever recommended for me to listen to could be described as policy-wonkish. They are generally more motivational and talking about very broad things like "Hard work" and "Core values". Few people are interested in the minutia of policy. If someone is pro-life, they'd much rather hear from a politician that he is pro-life and god agrees with him rather than discuss details like what do we actually do to punish mothers who seek abortions if we make it illegal? They want to eat the sausage, not know how it's made or whats in it.

Thirty or forty years ago campaigning was still bluster and promises, however, there wasn't the instant impact of real time media, fed to people instantaneously. There is no question this has lead to manipulations and outright lies that take quite a bit of effort, and money, to overcome.

In this day and age, one slip of the tongue, or one slightly edited sound bite, and someone's life could be ruined, let alone campaign. You can't just retweet "I didn't say that" in defense.

Consider how much money is spent on electronic messaging, and polling.

You are mistaking anti-Hillary as pro-Trump, when in reality, the two are not the same thing, no matter how much you make believe so.

It's fun to watch the panicking left end of the political spectrum throwing up Trump attack thread after Trump attack thread, all the while quaking in their boots that Trump may pull it off.

I think both the left and the right...and the center also...should be in abject fear that Trump could be elected president of the United States.

My guess is that most of the people of the world are in terror of that possibility.

If the Republican leadership had any sense of decency at all...it would repudiate Donald Trump and make the possibility of it happening as small as absolutely possible.

Anyone who is not in fear of him being elected...

...is probably insane.

I think both the left and the right...and the center also...should be in abject fear that Trump could be elected president of the United States.

My guess is that most of the people of the world are in terror of that possibility.

If the Republican leadership had any sense of decency at all...it would repudiate Donald Trump and make the possibility of it happening as small as absolutely possible.

...is probably insane.

Vice versa would be exactly applicable as well.

Thirty or forty years ago campaigning was still bluster and promises, however, there wasn't the instant impact of real time media, fed to people instantaneously. There is no question this has lead to manipulations and outright lies that take quite a bit of effort, and money, to overcome.

In this day and age, one slip of the tongue, or one slightly edited sound bite, and someone's life could be ruined, let alone campaign. You can't just retweet "I didn't say that" in defense.

Consider how much money is spent on electronic messaging, and polling.

Absolutely agree that it has changed politics to a ridiculous level. It's insane to me how eager people are to take a five word sentence out of a speech and tweet it and make a meme about it and pretend like they really have that persons full beliefs summed up. Both sides are very guilty of it, of course it's always easier to point out when the other side does it.

But the lies and bull**** are part of the process. They used to stuff the sausage by a hand crank and now it's an electric pump, but you're still stuffing chewed up pig snout in intestines, just at a faster rate. People always forget how dumb people used to be cause they are too busy complaining about how dumb we are now, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_Handbills

A pamphlet published at a later time accused Jackson of committing adultery with his wife. Jackson’s wife Rachel had applied for a divorce from a previous marriage in 1790. According to Jackson, he and his wife got married in 1791 and they realized two years later that her divorce was not granted until 1793. This does mean that Jackson had been “married” to another man’s wife for a couple of years. January of 1794, Jackson and Rachel were legally married in a ceremony.[6] Jackson was furious about the attacks and got further involved by writing to newspaper editors giving them guidelines on how to counter the attacks. Jackson’s wife Rachel suffered a heart attack and died before Jackson’s inauguration. He blamed his political enemies and tensions for her death.[7]

A "Supplemental account of some of the bloody deeds of General Jackson," attributed to Virginia Congressman John Taliaferro, accused Jackson of "atrocious and unnatural acts"; such acts including slaughtering 1,000 unarmed Native Americans, taking a nap in the midst of their corpses, and eating a dozen of them for breakfast. The author went on to speculate about how Jackson might similarly treat American governors and Congressmen were he elected President.[8]

Vice versa would be exactly applicable as well.

It's interesting to see how disrespectful and frightened many on the left are of the election process. It would appear that some believe it reasonable to suggest tens of millions of people are insane simply because they don't share the same thoughts.

I don't know how they square that with the constant call for respect for individual beliefs.

I do not understand your reply.

...is probably insane.

So . . .

I think both the left and the right...and the center also...should be in abject fear that Hillary could be elected president of the United States.

If the Democratic leadership had any sense of decency at all...it would repudiate Hillary and make the possibility of it happening as small as absolutely possible.

Anyone who is not in fear of her being elected...

...is probably insane.

I think it insane to support Hillary to be the next president, given that she's already been bought and paid for by Wall Street (did you see the thread where Wall Street dictated to Hillary that should shall not have Elizabeth as her VP?) - Similar will be the case with the 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation from foreign nations leaders and business leaders (reference the Russian Uranium deal). These characters are all going to form a line out the back door of the White House all the way to the gate looking for their 'investment' to pay off. Every one of them working against the our nation's best interests.

It's insane to support a presidential candidate who is burdened with liabilities such as that.

And you're back in the closet. How many Trump defending threads with flawed premises must you create before you accept what you have become?

It's interesting to see how disrespectful and frightened many on the left are of the election process. It would appear that some believe it reasonable to suggest tens of millions of people are insane simply because they don't share the same thoughts.

I don't know how they square that with the constant call for respect for individual beliefs.

"You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!" - Except that it's not. Persistent and precocious resistance is not futile, and quite good fun too.

And you're back in the closet. How many Trump defending threads with flawed premises must you create before you accept what you have become?

Meh...

Citizen statesmen is what our founders wanted in government. Not servants.

Lmao, citizen statesmen ie. politicians.

And what opinion of Hillary is now law?

Sigh, if you need to ask about the other candidate, it's because you can't really come up with a single thing which Trump has done. Again, I will ask you again:

Can you show us how Trump's life experience is relevant to being a public servant?

So . . .

I think it insane to support Hillary to be the next president, given that she's already been bought and paid for by Wall Street (did you see the thread where Wall Street dictated to Hillary that should shall not have Elizabeth as her VP?) - Similar will be the case with the 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation from foreign nations leaders and business leaders (reference the Russian Uranium deal). These characters are all going to form a line out the back door of the White House all the way to the gate looking for their 'investment' to pay off. Every one of them working against the our nation's best interests.

It's insane to support a presidential candidate who is burdened with liabilities such as that.

"You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!" - Except that it's not. Persistent and precocious resistance is not futile, and quite good fun too.

Lol, sorry had to quote these, back to back. Sometimes the universe grants moments of serendipity.

Lol, sorry had to quote these, back to back. Sometimes the universe grants moments of serendipity.

Funny, but the equivalence in not there.

In one instance, the claim was, anyone across the globe who is not in fear of Trump being elected is insane. On the other, the claim was it's insane to support Hilary given her deep connections to Wall Street.

I think the Universe is holding serendipity in check on this one.

Lmao, citizen statesmen ie. politicians.

Sigh, if you need to ask about the other candidate, it's because you can't really come up with a single thing which Trump has done. Again, I will ask you again:

Can you show us how Trump's life experience is relevant to being a public servant?

I see you can't answer for what you say. That makes you irrelevant.

So . . .

The visa versa stuff threw me. Why not just say, "the same thing applies to Hillary?"

Anyway...Hillary may not be a popular choice...but I'd even take another term of George W.Bush over Donald Trump.

The election of Hillary Clinton might not be what some people want...but stark fear of an out-of-control person like Donald Trump is something quite different.

If cannot see the difference, I hope you never get to find out the hard way.

Funny, but the equivalence in not there.

In one instance, the claim was, anyone across the globe who is not in fear of Trump being elected is insane. On the other, the claim was it's insane to support Hilary given her deep connections to Wall Street.

I think the Universe is holding serendipity in check on this one.

Oh yes, very very different circumstances indeed. The conservative point was much more nuanced when he called everyone that disagrees with him insane, as opposed to that terrible liberal who called everyone that disagreed with him insane which was hyperbole and completely uncalled for, downright totalitarian in nature if you ask me.

Damn, my sarcasm is getting laid on thick today, lol. :)

The visa versa stuff threw me. Why not just say, "the same thing applies to Hillary?"

Anyway...Hillary may not be a popular choice...but I'd even take another term of George W.Bush over Donald Trump.

The election of Hillary Clinton might not be what some people want...but stark fear of an out-of-control person like Donald Trump is something quite different.

If cannot see the difference, I hope you never get to find out the hard way.

I'd even take another term of George W.Bush over Donald Trump, so on that count we agree. I don't think that Trump is as out of control as you might think he is. One doesn't build as many successful businesses (of course some failures along he way, law of averages and all) as he by being just that. My suspicion is that's just stagecraft.

Still, better than the out of control corruption of Hillary any day.

I'd even take another term of George W.Bush over Donald Trump, so on that count we agree. I don't think that Trump is as out of control as you might think he is. One doesn't build as many successful businesses (of course some failures along he way, law of averages and all) as he by being just that. My suspicion is that's just stagecraft.

Still, better than the out of control corruption of Hillary any day.

Glad we found one area of agreement, Eo.

On the disagreement side: I think Hillary Clinton is a MUCH better choice than Donald Trump. MUCH BETTER!

Glad we found one area of agreement, Eo.

On the disagreement side: I think Hillary Clinton is a MUCH better choice than Donald Trump. MUCH BETTER!

So you've made clear by endless repetition (and little else).

So you've made clear by endless repetition (and little else).

Oh, so you think I should not be repeating that I think HILLARY CLINTON IS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT THAN DONALD TRUMP?

I'll try to hold back, Eo, but I wouldn't count on it.

Oh, so you think I should not be repeating that I think HILLARY CLINTON IS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT THAN DONALD TRUMP?

I'll try to hold back, Eo, but I wouldn't count on it.

And yet another repeat, Frank, without any additional substance.

OK, so Frank, Why do you think that Hillary is a much better choice than Trump for president?

Let's see if you can put a few bullet points together to put substance behind your opinion / position. I mean it's only fair. Others who don't have that opinion / position have posted bullet points why they think so. I think it's your turn.
(Because you know, turning up the font size and typing the same words over and over isn't really convincing anyone of anything)

And yet another repeat, Frank, without any additional substance.

OK, so Frank, Why do you think that Hillary is a much better choice than Trump for president?

Let's see if you can put a few bullet points together to put substance behind your opinion / position. I mean it's only fair. Others who don't have that opinion / position have posted bullet points why they think so. I think it's your turn.
(Because you know, turning up the font size and typing the same words over and over isn't really convincing anyone of anything)

Oh...you want a reason.

Okay.

Because!

Anyone who needs anything more than that...wouldn't understand the reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom