• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Report: Trump Revealed Israeli Commando and Mossad Operation in Syria to Russians

It’s a very interesting story. I wonder why major media didn’t cover it. And I wonder if it’s true. Also wonder why the airports lifted their ban on electronics seeing that they had intelligence that said laptops were being turned into bombs that were undetectable. Doesn’t make sense that ban would ever be lifted. And it doesn’t wash that we wouldn’t have done the exact same thing. Care to hazard a guess?

My difficulties may be due to my using an IPad. Don’t know. But I couldn’t load the original link. I often have problems loading click bait sites. Just keeps giving me a message “There was a problem loading this web page. Reloading now.” Or some such.
Strange - it is fine on my iPhone. I am using Google in Safari.

It was a gigantic, colossal story, but trump buried it with the next gigantic scandal as he's fond of doing.

Trump can’t bury anything in the media. Well, perhaps you’re right...maybe they were focusing on one of his tweets while Rome was burning down. So you think, seriously, that this gigantic colossal story was simply overlooked?

Trump can’t bury anything in the media. Well, perhaps you’re right...maybe they were focusing on one of his tweets while Rome was burning down. So you think, seriously, that this gigantic colossal story was simply overlooked?

It wasn't overlooked. It was a gigantic, colossal story.

In a normal universe it would be an enduring scandal that nobody would have stopped talking about.

Sure looks that way.
Voters are easily manipulated these days.

It’s a very interesting story. I wonder why major media didn’t cover it. And I wonder if it’s true. Also wonder why the airports lifted their ban on electronics seeing that they had intelligence that said laptops were being turned into bombs that were undetectable. Doesn’t make sense that ban would ever be lifted. And it doesn’t wash that we wouldn’t have done the exact same thing. Care to hazard a guess?

My difficulties may be due to my using an IPad. Don’t know. But I couldn’t load the original link. I often have problems loading click bait sites. Just keeps giving me a message “There was a problem loading this web page. Reloading now.” Or some such.

This story is months old and was already hashed out.

It wasn't overlooked. It was a gigantic, colossal story.

In a normal universe it would be an enduring scandal that nobody would have stopped talking about.

Im not ready to let this go...

CNN reported the laptop story in April saying that was part of the reason for Teump restricting travel from the list of countries he tried to restrict.

Business Insider reported the same thing in June.

Several other respected news sources reported same.

It is interesting that none of them even hinted at Trump sharing supposedly classified information with the Russians.

Upshot... I don’t believe the information was classified, and I think it only makes sense for our intelligence community to share this information with the Russians. If they were kept in the dark about it, the danger would be that flights originating from their country, a trusted travel origination point, would be in great peril.

That reasoning, combined with the fact that the lid wasn’t blown off Trump’s IMPEACHABLE offense, tells me these outlier media outlets were publishing a fairytale.

Im not ready to let this go...

CNN reported the laptop story in April saying that was part of the reason for Teump restricting travel from the list of countries he tried to restrict.

Business Insider reported the same thing in June.

Several other respected news sources reported same.

It is interesting that none of them even hinted at Trump sharing supposedly classified information with the Russians.

Upshot... I don’t believe the information was classified, and I think it only makes sense for our intelligence community to share this information with the Russians. If they were kept in the dark about it, the danger would be that flights originating from their country, a trusted travel origination point, would be in great peril.

That reasoning, combined with the fact that the lid wasn’t blown off Trump’s IMPEACHABLE offense, tells me these outlier media outlets were publishing a fairytale.

Your post somehow managed to avoid the most relevant aspect of the scandal.

If you believe this story was overlooked or glossed over, that tells me something about your news sources.

If you believe this story was overlooked or glossed over, that tells me something about your news sources.

Exactly!

Yeah, those damned CNN and Business Insider rags. Just can’t count on ‘em.

Yeah, those damned CNN and Business Insider rags. Just can’t count on ‘em.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I'm waiting to hear what he discusses with the Turkish president. His hotel, the gold dealer in our jail, Flynn's kidnapping plot?

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

I’m suggesting I got my information from those sources rather than the outlier links posted in this thread. So if you’re saying that CNN and Business Insider are not reliable...

I’m suggesting I got my information from those sources rather than the outlier links posted in this thread. So if you’re saying that CNN and Business Insider are not reliable...

Your posts in this thread have been baffling in the extreme. I honestly can't tell what your position on any of this is, except that you're consistently ducking around the most relevant aspects of the scandal.

Your posts in this thread have been baffling in the extreme. I honestly can't tell what your position on any of this is, except that you're consistently ducking around the most relevant aspects of the scandal.

Mind telling me what the most relevant aspect is in your own words?

Finally, mainstream sources. Thank you. I’m not going to defend it other than to say that, if it was so important who we got the information from, and if it was classified, Then why did the NYT reveal it? And will also copy this from your second link...

Israeli officials would not confirm that they were the source of the information that Mr. Trump shared, which was about an Islamic State plot. In a statement emailed to The New York Times, Ron Dermer, the Israeli ambassador to the United States, reaffirmed that the two countries would maintain a close counterterrorism relationship.

“Israel has full confidence in our intelligence-sharing relationship with the United States and looks forward to deepening that relationship in the years ahead under President Trump,” Mr. Dermer said.

Mr. Trump said on Twitter that he had an “absolute right” to share information in the interest of fighting terrorism and called his meeting with the Russians “very, very successful” in a brief appearance later at the White House

Finally, mainstream sources. Thank you. I’m not going to defend it other than to say that, if it was so important who we got the information from, and if it was classified, Then why did the NYT reveal it? And will also copy this from your second link...

That the NYTimes reported it has no bearing on the fact that trump compromised an Israeli intelligence operation in order to impress the Russian ambassadors, thereby leading allies to stem critical intelligence sharing with the United States.

That the NYTimes reported it has no bearing on the fact that trump compromised an Israeli intelligence operation in order to impress the Russian ambassadors, thereby leading allies to stem critical intelligence sharing with the United States.

Perhaps. But ask yourself this: If Trump is such a threat to our national security, if this really is true, why in God’s name would the sources who report this most-likely private conversation remain anonymous? Why would these obviously highly placed people (if they were present they ARE) be shouting this from the rooftops?

Perhaps. But ask yourself this: If Trump is such a threat to our national security, if this really is true, why in God’s name would the sources who report this most-likely private conversation remain anonymous? Why would these obviously highly placed people (if they were present they ARE) be shouting this from the rooftops?

I don't care why the leak chose to remain anonymous. What trump did is of considerably greater concern. Also, if the NYTimes hadn't reported this, then the Russians would have had kompromot on trump (although his behavior to date suggests they do anyway).

Report: Trump Revealed Israeli Commando and Mossad Operation in Syria to Russians

Whether an Israeli or a Jordanian source, established intelligence protocol requires obtaining the permission of the source agency/government before sharing classified intel with third [foreign] parties.

Slow anti-Trump news day? It's amazing how when you guys have failed in every anti-Trump agenda there has been that you have to rinse and repeat to give the resistance something to keep them going.

I don't care why the leak chose to remain anonymous. What trump did is of considerably greater concern. Also, if the NYTimes hadn't reported this, then the Russians would have had kompromot on trump (although his behavior to date suggests they do anyway).

Those willing to believe anything negative are not worth the time it takes to educate. It is telling though that you 100% open to being duped based on nothing more than your dream of the narrative you invent being true.

Those willing to believe anything negative are not worth the time it takes to educate. It is telling though that you 100% open to being duped based on nothing more than your dream of the narrative you invent being true.

What part of this is fake news, jmac?

What part of this is fake news, jmac?

The anonymous source aspect. The idea that he told the Russians exactly how the intelligence was gathered. It is very LOGICAL to tell them our intelligence sources indicate ISIS is rigging laptops to explode. In fact, it would be irresponsible NOT to do so. The speculation that our credibility has been shattered around the world because anonymous sources say it’s true he gave the Russians specific details about the information was gathered. If it were known to be true, this story would have blown up around the world.

The anonymous source aspect. The idea that he told the Russians exactly how the intelligence was gathered. It is very LOGICAL to tell them our intelligence sources indicate ISIS is rigging laptops to explode. In fact, it would be irresponsible NOT to do so. The speculation that our credibility has been shattered around the world because anonymous sources say it’s true he gave the Russians specific details about the information was gathered. If it were known to be true, this story would have blown up around the world.

Your post contradicts itself. You say that Trump sharing classified Israeli information with the Russians this is fake news, then go on to rationalize his behavior by saying he would be foolish not to do so.

Also, this story did blow up around the world. I don't know where you were when it blew up, but blow up it did. I can only assume you were in the Carribean in May, sitting on a nice beach without access to the news.

Back
Top Bottom