• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Report: George Zimmerman's wife says he threatened her[W:152]

No. Omara confirmed no such thing. Sharon, give it a rest.

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara blamed the incident on "fallout" from the Martin case, as well as heightened emotions over the impending divorce. "No one is filing charges against anybody," he said, adding that he had heard the 911 call. "Emotions are running very high," he added.

O'Mara confirmed Zimmerman had his gun on him. "He was armed ... He put his hand (on the gun) to make sure it was holstered," he said. "He knows how to carry responsibly."

Police initially took away Zimmerman's gun, but O'Mara said it was later returned to his client.

George Zimmerman's wife won't press charges - chicagotribune.com

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara blamed the incident on "fallout" from the Martin case, as well as heightened emotions over the impending divorce. "No one is filing charges against anybody," he said, adding that he had heard the 911 call. "Emotions are running very high," he added.

O'Mara confirmed Zimmerman had his gun on him. "He was armed ... He put his hand (on the gun) to make sure it was holstered," he said. "He knows how to carry responsibly."

Police initially took away Zimmerman's gun, but O'Mara said it was later returned to his client.

George Zimmerman's wife won't press charges - chicagotribune.com

The article you are quoting is incorrect. The police have already indicated they did not find a gun.. so how could they have taken one away?

Hours later Monday, after police converged on the home in an Orlando suburb and after speaking to her attorney, she changed her story, said Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell. She said she never saw a gun and that she and her father, whom she said Zimmerman had punched in the face, had no interest in pressing charges.

Police later said they did not find a gun on Zimmerman's person.

George Zimmerman released after incident involving estranged wife | Fox News

Anyway, the question remains:

Who do you think was right.. omara who wasn't there and said he believes he had his gun... or the police who were there, searched and didn't find a gun followed by Shellies addmission that she made it up and the evidence that she also made up that her father was punched in the nose and had a mark - which was contradicted by the police?

The article you are quoting is incorrect. The police have already indicated they did not find a gun.. so how could they have taken one away?

George Zimmerman released after incident involving estranged wife | Fox News

Anyway, the question remains:

Who do you think was right.. omara who wasn't there and said he believes he had his gun... or the police who were there, searched and didn't find a gun followed by Shellies addmission that she made it up and the evidence that she also made up that her father was punched in the nose and had a mark - which was contradicted by the police?

If George waived a gun he would be back in jail.. and Shellie probably doesn't want that either.

If George waived a gun he would be back in jail.. and Shellie probably doesn't want that either.

If George waived a gun, he should be in jail. However, with the fact that in the 911 call she claims her father had a mark on his nose and it was probably broken - but police didn't see a thing - and that they didn't find a gun... I think her credibility regarding this is much more of an issue then George's.

Omara claimed, according to your op, that the police took the gun. The police say they never took the gun and didn't even find a gun. Obviously Omara was wrong.

Don't make the same mistake you made with the Trayvon case.. Wait for the evidence to actualyl come out before you jump to your misguded conclusions. See what I did there? I know your conclusions will be misguided no matter what... But at least wait for all the evidence.

If George waived a gun, he should be in jail. However, with the fact that in the 911 call she claims her father had a mark on his nose and it was probably broken - but police didn't see a thing - and that they didn't find a gun... I think her credibility regarding this is much more of an issue then George's.

Omara claimed, according to your op, that the police took the gun. The police say they never took the gun and didn't even find a gun. Obviously Omara was wrong.

Don't make the same mistake you made with the Trayvon case.. Wait for the evidence to actualyl come out before you jump to your misguded conclusions. See what I did there? I know your conclusions will be misguided no matter what... But at least wait for all the evidence.

Just because you are divorcing a spouse doesn't mean you want them in jail.

Just because you are divorcing a spouse doesn't mean you want them in jail.

And just because a divorcing spouse makes claims not at all proven by the evidence does it mean he/she is telling the truth. It's highly emotional for all sides and some accusations will be made that are untrue.

That George punched her father in the nose and left a mark and probably broke it is one very easily proven inaccuarcy which will call into question ,when looking at everything else (such as lack of gun) her entire statement.

Last edited:
He didn't have a gun. Shellie admitted she made it up.
Shellie also claimed in the 911 call that George punched her father in the nose and his father had a mark on the nose and it looked broken.. Also made up. The police indicated that the father had zero marks. If they had seen a mark, they would have arrested.

Typical effed up domestic/divorce situation.

Shellie has been convicted of perjury.

There is a lot not to like on both sides of this domestic dispute.

Another good reason not to ever stick your nose into crap like this. There's always a chance that you will end up on the ground with both sides whipping your ass.

There is a report in the NY Times that appears to have the facts.

1. It's true that police were called by Z's wife, who said he'd threatened her with a gun.

2. It's not true that Z was arrested.

3. It's true that Z and his wife had a verbal fight about their divorce.

4. Z's wife later admitted he had not threatened her with a gun.

5. Police could find no gun, Z didn't have one.

So Z haters were correct about early reports, except the ones who said he'd been arrested, but shame on them for all the ugly piling on they did before all the facts came out.

Reminds me of the time Z helped people who'd had a motor vehicle accident, and the Z haters were saying the whole scene had been staged. Shameful, ridiculous, puerile, and sorry.

The ignorance and stupidity of Z haters through the whole affair has been astonishing. They don't know the facts, they don't know or don't respect the law, they are ready to throw their own right to self defense away because they don't like the verdict in this one case.

I think you left out that they don't care about the facts.

I am curious - would it be wrong for her to assume he had one?

I am not taking sides, just asking.

Telling the 911 operator a man has a gun gets them there faster. Maybe that is what she was doing.

Did you even listen to the 911 call? :roll:

She said he kept putting his hand on his gun. Not that he was pointing it at anyone.

I war a tazer whereever I go and I often rest my hand on it for support. It is common.

Most disagreements do not end in 9/11 calls.

What remains to be seen is if this is more of a reflection of him or her - or a combination of both.

A lot of them do especially if the woman is trying to make a record of her husbands actions for her benefit in court.

Let us see if she accuses him of molesting the child they never had together.

This thread would be have the size if it hadn't been for another Agent J pissing contest.

:laughat:

Quote x 2
:doh
I see you are just going to continue with your usual bs.
You can't even address the facts that you know were already provided.
What a shame.

So again I say...

Translation: Dodge and deflection by Agent J.

You are still lying.
The facts have already been provided.

We can play that game as long as you like. Or you can stop lying, be honest, stop trying to change the argument and actually address what I provided.

translation: you still have no facts to back up the lie you posted, we will keep waiting. Post a link showing where i was factually wrong
we have been laughing and waiting, its hilarious you cant
facts destroy you again

Police said there was no evidence to the claims.

yes later news and links came out there was no evidence to a GUN, havent heard all the claims are false yet? link?

squawking liar doesn't help you.
Between us, you are the only one squawking and lying.

YOu said you weren't hiding since you said "if." That means by your own standard, you were hiding when you didn't say, "if."
That is some pretty idiotic logic there.
There was no cause to use "if" in the other topics. Besides the fact that there couldn't be any hiding on my part, do you really not understand that?

So I posted links to several of your posts where you did exactly that before you said, "if."
And?
Again. There was no cause to use "if" in those threads. You have no point.
What is it about that, that you do not understand?

As far as the article you linked, they had changed their article from earlier in the day which was evidenced by the title about how there would be no charges filed, which came hours after the first comment on that page. So who knows what was in it earlier?
You are making assumptions.
I knew what it said because I read it before posting and bookmarked it specifically to counter idiotic arguments like yours if need be.
I knew what it said because it was the one I found when researching what Beaudreaux said.
Because, unlike you, I bother to check things out first.

My use of what Beaudreaux said, coupled with the questions where made to prompt others to do the same. Far be it above you to understand that.
There was no hiding on my part nor could there be. A person does not hide behind true statements.
Hiding behind is a deflection from being wrong. Which is exactly what J was doing. (He didn't say it, they did.) That is hiding behind because he is the one who provided it.
Learn the damn difference before you open your mouth and start squawking your bs again.

What we do know, is that you didn't site the article you now claim fed you that information. What we also know is that you hid behind another poster who made that claim. And what we also know is that you then projected that hiding unto another poster.
Wrong!
What we do know is, there was no hiding on my part because there could be no hiding behind on my part. There is no hiding behind a true statement.

But there was hiding on J's part. That is what we know.

We also know that your logic fails at being logical.
You are wrong. Get over it and stop squawking.

:laughat:

translation: you still have no facts to back up the lie you posted, we will keep waiting. Post a link showing where i was factually wrong
facts destroy you again
:doh
What a shame.

So again I say...

You are still lying.

We can play that game as long as you like. Or you can stop lying, be honest, stop trying to change the argument and actually address what I provided.

What a shame.

So again I say...

You are still lying.

translation: you still have no facts to back up the lie you posted, nobody believe the liea you poated but we will keep waiting.
Post a link showing where i was factually wrong
facts destroy you again

:doh:doh:doh

How many times do you need to be told that isn't the argument?
That is what you are attempting to change it to.

And, as already pointed out your claims of me lying, and your other lies, is where you were factually wrong.

So again I say...

You are still lying.

And, as already pointed out your claims of me lying, and your other lies, is where you were factually wrong.

So again I say...

You are still lying.

translation: you still have no facts to back up the lie you posted, nobody believe the liea you poated but we will keep waiting.
facts destroy you again

facts destroy you again

So again I say...

You are still lying.

Back
Top Bottom